Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Any 09 people have/want a dpf delete?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI 6M 2Dr
      11-22-2010 05:17 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by dieselfreak86 View Post
      Oh ok otto i was making sure we were both on the same page. dont get me wrong id still love to have a tune as well but i think the prob most people are running into is deleting the DPF file in the computer not just the tune.
      Right, but a good tune can do more than just create power. Just as most tunes for earlier generation TDIs alter the ERG cycles, a tune with a DPF delete/deactivation will probably be needed.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      mk2 golf GTD, mk4 tdi swap 2.1L custom pistons, cam, intake, and fully forged bottom end.
      11-22-2010 07:32 PM #127
      JSW scheduled to be in the shop tomorrow for welding and fabrication work! Although we ran into a small snag that may put production out a little bit. The CNC mandrel bender shop busted their bender on our downpipes! They where trying to remove an extra weld that I would need to do so that it could be a true one piece pipe and busted some expensive parts on the bender. They where telling me it should be in this week or next so that they could finish up our order. Regardless, WE are moving forward with doing some installation tests and fitments again to get the test car ready for the final fitment. This includes a full 2.5"exhaust and tune to take advantage of the new hardware. I should be posting pics up on my facebook page this week to keep you guys happy .. but please be patient, I will be welding a lot and not eating much turkey this holiday to try and get these done for the end of the holiday season!

3. 11-26-2010 02:58 PM #128
      Hey thats R&D, all part of the process! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Vehicles
      jazz blue 20th # 427
      11-26-2010 07:29 PM #129
      im in for this. very excited. keep us posted... ill send some of our left over turkey to you.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      mk2 golf GTD, mk4 tdi swap 2.1L custom pistons, cam, intake, and fully forged bottom end.
      11-29-2010 10:06 PM #130
      Sorry guys for taking so long! I just ate my first bit of turkey here Monday! Last week was a long week of welding, fabrication work, and administration stuff trying to get all the parts in to finish these! Sometimes things just really do not like going as planed!

But good news! One more item on the bench to mate up with the Downpipe... Full 2.5" mk5/6 jetta diesel exhaust

I also made up adapters for going to the stock exhaust for those not looking to run the downpipe and want more than what the other two companies are offering (My pipe removes the last rear box and muffler vs. just the muffler)

If interested in more pics check my facebook page out. I should have more info going up on that more often because I can take a quick shot with my phone.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Perfor...54270104594811

I will keep everyone posted when the pipes gets in.. still waiting

Vehicles
      jazz blue 20th # 427
      11-29-2010 11:50 PM #131
      im so excited for this wanna do one on a 2011 golf. lmk im in. then this will make me get a re flash haha

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW JSW TDI
      11-30-2010 03:19 AM #132
      all i can say is AWESOME!!!! one question though is why wouldnt you go with a 3in exhaust and down pipe? Also does the aero muffler do any benefit to the cr tdi? not hating just curious. keep up the great work!!!! so does $749 include tuning for the delete?

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Passat B7 TDI, MK6 TDI(sold)
      11-30-2010 07:12 AM #133
      I currently have the borla (Part number #140369) which is a 2.5" straight pipe from the dpf back, would I have to add an additional pipe to connect from my pipe to the vband of the downpipe?? Awesome work btw!!

9. Member
      Vehicles
      11-30-2010 11:46 AM #134
      DieselFreak-

Thanks for the I needed it after all the work this past week! To answer a few of your questions:

3" exhaust and downpipe are overkill for these smaller frame turbos, the most you will gain is louder exhaust noises and turbo spool issues from a lack of back pressure. If anyone is interested in going with a gt30V frame turbo or larger on these blocks and would like a custom setup let me know and I would be more than happy to build one. Right now though 90% of the people who own these cars are not at that point the stock and euro turbos have an outlet that is around 55mm in diameter. I have no idea where Banks got the idea that a 4.5" truck tip and exhaust is needed on these motors.. obviously you are paying more for the name and look than you are paying for true engineering work. (sorry my opinion, please take with a grain of sand).

The Aero muffler does two things: 1) It takes away some of the higher pitch exhaust noises and tones them down. 2) It allows user to meet local exhaust laws for places that say you need one regardless of if the car is quite or not. I will get some youtube videos up once things are done so you can hear it. It should be nice with the full downpipe and not too loud for most.

The initial downpipe price does not include tuning. I or Mark can offer a few options including just DPF delete, stage 1, or stage 2. Sadly the cost of the custom CNC fittings for the turbo, and all the sensors bungs drove up the price drastically. I really was hoping to get the prices lower, because I too know that is important, but I refuse to cut quality or corners to supply people with sub par products. If you also go out and look others are selling these at well over $1200 USD right now for just the pipe right now, I think coming in at a lower price really does show you I have all you guys in mind!

Mako- Can you do me a favor to help me and others out on here who may be in the same place? Can you take a photo of the under side of your car that clearly shows where the pipe ends and connects to your factory exhaust? I will also need you to measure things up. I may need to make an add in pipe or converter for other aftermarket exhausts. If It is just slightly short I can add it to the downpipes at little cost increase, otherwise I may need another part made up... It is hard to tell without have more info. Lets see what we can come up with.
      Last edited by shortysclimbin; 11-30-2010 at 11:49 AM.

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW JSW TDI
      11-30-2010 02:23 PM #135
      Thanks shorty. awesome feedback. i think the price is fair. awesome job. i will be saving my pennies. Selling my Mustang gt today so thatll free up some money.

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      11-30-2010 02:24 PM #136
      I'll try to get some pic's tonight..

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      12-01-2010 05:40 AM #137
      I snapped a couple last night, hope this helps!

13. Member
      Vehicles
      12-01-2010 10:23 AM #138
      Mako,

Is that a golf or jetta? The piece I was talking about that my exhausts is removing and that other companies do not is connected between your flapper valve and your new exhaust. The downpipes will be setup to connect to either a 2.5" pipe or someone can purchase an adapter to make it fit to the other side of the flapper valve. In your case you have a few options:

1) Get the downpipe and have the exhaust go from 2.5" down to 60mm through the flapper valve and then back up to 2.5" from about the rear seat back. This leaves you with ~4 feet of oem pipe

2) Get the downpipe and I can make up a custom piece for your car that should fix your problem. Although this will require cutting the aftermarket "exhaust" to remove the flange and get a true 2.5" exhaust system.

3) You could sell your exhaust and buy one of mine This would make fitment easier, but would not be the most cost effective solution for you.

If you decide to go with option two let me know I will need some measurements from you.

14. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      12-01-2010 01:10 PM #139
      Yeah, I see what you saying..
      I'll probably end up going with the second option and have the midpipe made to connect the downpipe to the rear section for a straight thru 2.5" turbo back.

Seems to make the most sense to go that route.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW JSW TDI
      12-01-2010 04:34 PM #140
      Any sound clips and dyno yet???

Vehicles
      99.5 Jetta TDI; 09 Jetta TDI; 1972 Monte Carlo SS; 1972 Monte Carlo Custom
      12-02-2010 10:19 AM #141
      Ive seen the downpipe and tune pricing, and am very excited. I am interested in how much a package deal for the full exhaust, from downpipe all the way back, and the tune would total up to. That way i can see how much saving up i need to do. Also, is there any concern that the stock intake would be a restriction after these mods? thanks.

17. 12-02-2010 10:49 AM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by shortysclimbin View Post
      DieselFreak-

The Aero muffler does two things: 1) It takes away some of the higher pitch exhaust noises and tones them down. 2) It allows user to meet local exhaust laws for places that say you need one regardless of if the car is quite or not. I will get some youtube videos up once things are done so you can hear it. It should be nice with the full downpipe and not too loud for most.
      I put an aero xl on my alh with big turbo and 3 inch exhaust and its nice. Not loud at all doesnt sound much louder than a stock 1.8t.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      12-04-2010 05:35 AM #143
      Still waiting on the bends. It seams link everyone is on holiday. As soon as they get in I will be working on welding up some and getting the test car back together. Then I am in hopes we should have some sound clips for you guys and pricing info.

As far as air modifications, I do think a few things could be done to improve things a bit. Although I do not know if these will give any proven gains from them alone. More or less they would be needed for stage 3 and 4

19. 12-05-2010 06:29 PM #144
      Do you have plans to dyno the car with the turbo back exhaust and let us know what kind of gains you end up with?

20. 12-05-2010 10:14 PM #145
      Very interested in this, keep up the good work!

21. Member
      12-06-2010 12:16 AM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by synthetic74 View Post
      Do you have plans to dyno the car with the turbo back exhaust and let us know what kind of gains you end up with?
      +1 for this info also

22. 12-06-2010 11:45 PM #147
      great info. I'm interested to hear the MPG figures.

23. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW JSW TDI
      12-07-2010 03:20 AM #148
      So shorty after all of this time i just noticed that these downpipes are for the 2009 models. would these also fit the 2010 CBEA? Also would the tuning be the same as the 2009s?

24. 12-09-2010 04:53 PM #149
      I think the 2010 uses a two piece down pipe while the 2009 does not. Don't know for sure but I would think that they would be compatible.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      12-10-2010 10:09 AM #150
      Sorry for being distant guys!

The initial goal of getting these out before Christmas is looking like it is going to be a no go sadly because everything that could go wrong has. I just received the pipes back from the benders and they have a mistake in the bending process that they need to fix. Regardless I am moving forward and doing more work to try and get a good test jig. I may need 3-4 members interested in a "demo version" of the downpipe to just make sure that they fit all models. I would prefer members with mechanical ability who may be able to give me feedback. These pipes will have a few more welds in them than the final versions and may require a little more work to install. If interested Talk to me on facebook (this goes direct to my phone so I know about it).

Also on the topic of the downpipe styles here is a picture of an early 2009 and a 2010 downpipe. VW has four versions of these and I have only been able to find two to test fit. I am confident that my jig should work for all of the cars in these model years though! This actually was part of the reason it is taking so long, these downpipes are hard to get your hands on used!

On the Dyno info, I would love too, but that will be up to the owner to do once he gets his car back. I have taken a before run on my gtech meter to have a general baseline but a dyno would be really nice! I am expecting the downpipe and exhaust will add power range in the lower and upper end on these cars and maybe a slight 2-3whp gain on the downpipe and maybe another 5whp on the exhaust. This may not be that much of a numbers gain but it should increase the power under the curve and really open up more tuning options that do offer power (ie stage 3 tuning ). Toeball on Tdiclub or anyone with a stage 2 tune would be perfect to dyno a before and after just to be sure. As some of you may know these cars pull back fueling at high EGT temps, a stock downpipe will limit power on these engines because of the design; a full downpipe and exhaust system will completely remove that. If you stay out of the fueling after a tune and full exhaust upgrade I also would expect your fuel economy to increase over stock!

EDIT: All set on cars for test fits now unless you have a DSG!
      Last edited by shortysclimbin; 12-14-2010 at 06:17 AM.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast