VWVortex

Page 2 of 173 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Grey Time Line

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      03-15-2010 12:08 AM #26
      Quote, originally posted by rdubtheislander »
      =/ miss the black, liked the contrast.
      "G L I" spaced out like that for some reason just gives the car a really sporty yet premium look, shame on whoever convinced you to take it off.
      The only thing that is really fugly are the eyelids. Those shrouds in the housings are amazing and don't deserve to be covered up.
      I like the Thunder Bunny front more than the R32 front because you can actually get fog grills. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

I liked the black too, but now that I've seen the difference with the color matched, I like it so much more. I'll keep the black grille and maybe someday I'll switch it back. I just always see Thunder Bunny fronts with black grilles, so I wanted to be different (aside from a GLI with a Thunder Bunny bumper).
      I agree about the headlights, but for some reason, I like the eyelids. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, but there's no way I'm getting a Boser hood.
      No one convinced me to take the GLI off the bumper but me. For a couple reasons, but mainly because I wanted something different and more subtle. In the grille is rarely done on the Rabbit grille and again, I wanted to do something different.
      Quote, originally posted by illblood »
      looking good props for another eemilita
      only thing thats bugging me out is the thunderbunny front looks to be off in color to rest of car
      others wise looking good so far

Thanks! You know, that's something I've noticed a lot with all Thunder Bunny bumpers. I think it has to do with when the bumper was painted and the texture. When my car is washed and waxed, it's hard to see the difference. I tend to noticed it when the car is dirty. Also, when I bought color matched side markers, I had to return the Platinum Grey ones and exchange for United Grey. The same with the new grille...it's United Grey and it matches. But the eyelids are Platinum Grey; go figure!

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI
      03-15-2010 12:12 AM #27
      That dash tray mod is so good looking.
      I actually just ordered one yesterday even though my car has the auto climate. I'll deal with it.

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      03-15-2010 12:25 AM #28
      Quote, originally posted by PSU »
      That dash tray mod is so good looking.
      I actually just ordered one yesterday even though my car has the auto climate. I'll deal with it.

Thanks...I love it. I keep my car so clean and empty, so I was worried about not having anything to put in it! It got rid of my dash rattle and I keep a couple chargers and blue tooth in it so it was worth it. I'm happy I got it used though...for a good price.

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      03-17-2010 12:28 AM #29
      I received a new to me Thule fairing today off of eBay. Thanks to this thread, I was "inspired" to install the fairing as mentioned in the thread. So, I threw it on, and love the fact that I have no more hum. Here's a few shots from this evening after a nice drive.

And I also made eggs today.

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      03-26-2010 11:20 AM #30
      Me and my buddy decided that we are going to install these:

...on Thursday. Couldn't find anyone to do it for a decent price. Neuspeed Sport Springs.
      *Edit* Also put on my Peloton fork mount bike carrier the other day. Pardon the cell phone picture...seems to be all I ever have on me, since the wife always steals my camera!

Modified by KIDVersion1 at 11:22 AM 3-26-2010

Vehicles
      MKV GLI
      03-31-2010 09:38 AM #31
      hey man, car looks good [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] im a local from nazareth with a mkv gli also. we should get together sometime and snap a few pics
      Unghhhh Uhhhh

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      03-31-2010 09:42 AM #32
      Quote, originally posted by Bens00VW »
      hey man, car looks good [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] im a local from nazareth with a mkv gli also. we should get together sometime and snap a few pics

Thanks! Yeah, definitely. After the springs, I'm looking to get a shoot in with my buddy and his '04.5 GLI, so maybe you can join us.

Vehicles
      MKV GLI
      03-31-2010 09:44 AM #33
      yeah that sounds good. im at college now, but ill be home in early may for summer, then i have all the time haha [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Unghhhh Uhhhh

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      03-31-2010 09:46 AM #34
      yeah that sounds good. im at college now, but ill be home in early may for summer, then i have all the time haha [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Sounds good. My buddy will be done with classes too so that should work out fine. Drop me a PM when you get home. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      MKV GLI
      03-31-2010 09:48 AM #35
      will do. also may i suggest get color matched sidemarkers to replace your amber ones. itll look real good.
      Unghhhh Uhhhh

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      03-31-2010 09:53 AM #36
      will do. also may i suggest get color matched sidemarkers to replace your amber ones. itll look real good.

Already done...

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      04-01-2010 07:35 AM #37
      Well, I washed and waxed it yesterday an today, I'm heading over to my buddy's place to put the springs on. If all goes well, there will be pics either tonight, or tomorrow morning. I'm also happy I found a coupon for an alignment in the paper...I like to save as much money as possible!
      Here's one from last night after if got a coat of Ice.

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      04-02-2010 08:43 AM #38
      So, me and my buddy did the springs install yesterday. Pretty easy. Took a little bit because I had to find the 14mm triple square socket for the pinch bolt but once we got it, everything was fine.

I like the way the car felt on the drive home last night. Just gotta wait a bit for them to settle. The front still looks a little high, but hopefully that changes. I tightened everything to spec but in a week I'll pull all the tires and double check everything. Props to mxpx09rawker and 99.5 for their write-ups...they helped a lot.
      Now I think it's time for some spacers!

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      04-04-2010 01:30 PM #39
      Happy Easter to all.
      Went out today to return a few things and while I was waiting for a few of the stores to open, I went behind the stores and snapped a few pictures. The car is pretty dusty and durty, but I wanted some good pictures of the new ride height.

I think I am going to have to take the driver's front wheel off and see why that wheel is the only one that hasn't settled right. When I get home (I'm at the in-laws') I am going to actually measure the fender height, but by sticking two fingers in-between the wheels and fenders, the driver's front feels like it has more space. It's possible that the pinch bolt has to be loosened and let the strut down more. We'll see...any suggestions?
      *Edit* Didn't feel like bumping the thread, but wanted to add these pictures to the timeline. So, mk2dogg and I got our PG GLI's cleaned up for a little "Rust" amateur photo shoot.

Modified by KIDVersion1 at 10:47 PM 4-8-2010

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      04-23-2010 10:19 PM #40
      Bump just to keep it in my Watched Topics. Putting the GLI in it's first car show on Sunday...hope the rain holds out.

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      04-26-2010 07:27 AM #41
      First car show was yesterday and I think it was kind of a waste but whatever. Not a huge turnout and it was a light rain all day. But at least I got the car super clean before and it was free.
      First Place Trophy

1950 Ford Club Car
      Second Place Trophy

2010 Chevrolet Camero
      Third Place Trophy

1934 Chevrolet 2 Door Sedan
      And me

Next stop is Waterfest...

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      04-26-2010 12:50 PM #43
      Quote, originally posted by thygreyt »
      nice!

Thanks!

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit, 01 GTI VR6
      04-26-2010 02:21 PM #44
      Haha, this car was on the lot when be bought our grey rabbit.

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      04-26-2010 04:24 PM #45
      Quote, originally posted by Rad-Rabbit »
      Haha, this car was on the lot when be bought our grey rabbit.

Cool beans! It was a good buying experience with WVM. It's come a long way since you saw it last!

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      05-11-2010 04:29 PM #46
      So, figured I'd bump this and add a few things I just got/will be doing to the car. I just bought a used throttle body pipe from XC450 and the two firewall pieces, from Faulkner VW, needed to do the noise pipe delete. I am also going to be getting a EuroJet PCV fix from the forums. My euro cup holder from TM Tuning should be here next week as well. Once my motorcycle sells, and I clear some debt, I will be getting either 5 mm or 8mm spacers all the way around.

With all of this said, I don't know what the wife will get me for Father's Day!

Now, I need to start on my winter steelies and roof rack. The tires need to be taken off and I need to retrofit some TPMS that I have sitting in my closet, as well as either white tire paint the tires or get portawalls. Then the rims need to be painted (same grey as my engine cover) along with my OEM carrier bars. Then come winter, my Denvers will be stripped, scratches fixed and also painted the same color. Getting some werk done!

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      05-11-2010 06:56 PM #47
      Forgot one thing...also getting a dogbone mount insert from ECS Tuning.

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      05-17-2010 08:23 AM #48
      Quick update. Deleted the noise pipe the other day...huge improvement. Here's one of the only pictures so far...

Also took a quick derty picture...don't mind the "CRAZY APE" euro plate. It's a joke I'm playing on a friend.

Got my A3 throttle pipe today and will put that in and also got my euro cup holder so it's time to go rip the car apart. Finally, the last coat of finish is going on my roof rack bars and fairing today so they'll be on tomorrow.

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      05-17-2010 12:59 PM #49
      Just installed my euro cup holder. Me likey. Thanks to TMTuning for a great price and fast shipping and to the.ronin for a great DIY.

Onto the cell phone pictures.

Vehicles
      Veyron Super Sport
      05-17-2010 05:23 PM #50
      Damn...been busy today. Got a EuroJet PCV fix in the mail today from poppadoc and threw it on. Today has been a day for "work". Now I have to chop my chopped engine cover to fit with this fix.

Page 2 of 173 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast