Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Next-Gen Audi S8 Spotted Testing in Germany

1. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      03-18-2010 01:09 PM #1

UK Automotive magazine AutoExpress reports to have spotted an Audi S8 test mule out in the wild in Germany while on a fuel stop. The car in the images (many posted after the link) looks like a run-of-the-mill black A8 with black wheels until they noticed the S-car cue quad tailpipes and upgraded brakes on this car that is most obviously a factory test mule of some sort.

We have it on good word, and the AutoExpress report is consistent with this, that Audi will follow its downsizing trend by fitting the new 4.0T FSI twin turbo V8 in the S8 but we'd doubt that means it'll be down on power from the car's current level of 500. In the lighter and better balanced D4 chassis that will make for one very potent ride.

Check out more photos including shots of the rear exhaust and larger brakes after the jump.

Full Story

04-14-2010 03:25 PM #2
      The S8 has been spied again. Now, I don't speak Spanish, but a quick online translator says, "everything point to the S8 will using the RS5's 4.5L engine which will produce over 500HP in the S8." The doesn't seem credible at all since the RS5 uses a 4.2L motor.

Additionally, George has found out that Audi is working on a new turbocharged 4.0L V8 that will replace the 4.2L in the A8 and a more potent version of the 4.0T to replace the V10 in the current S8. That engine will presumably have about 450hp.

Photos:

http://www.diablomotor.com/201...espia/

btw, George, the current S8 has 450hp, not 500.

3. 06-09-2010 01:18 AM #3
      Recent reports have speculated that Audi may introduce a new four-cylinder version overseas. While this model will almost certainly miss out on a U.S. launch, a smaller V6 option may be heading Stateside for the first time and this could see the starting price of the range actually fall from current levels.

A prototype for the car has been spotted undergoing cold weather testing on a number of occasions, but always hidden beneath the current D3 body. Tell-tale signs that the prototype was the next-generation model included extended fender flares, a stretched wheelbase and wider track.
      COG-112 and E20-001 preparation especially for E20-322 and E20-340.

4. 04-23-2012 06:09 AM #4
      I love to explore I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.Wish I had found this blog before. The advices in this post are very helpful and I surely will read the other posts of this series too. Thank you for posting this.I was very happy that I found this site. I want to to thank you for this great information!! I undoubtedly enjoyed every bit of it and I have bookmarked your website to see the new stuff you post in the future.

5. 11-14-2012 02:08 AM #5
      It is a really beutifull car and i wish to buy this one.Thanx to share my favourite one.

6. 09-02-2013 03:16 AM #6
      This image is looking great.