Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: .:Ninjapants Master Project Thread – The life of a GLI:.

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 F350 Platinum, 2012 Golf R, 2011 GTI, 2015 Tahoe LTZ, 2009 Audi S5, 2014 Harley Street Bob
      03-22-2010 10:43 AM #26
      do work son! you still owe my some pics.......

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-22-2010 10:49 AM #27
      haha funny you say that. I'm installing the cs4 master collection right now.
      Floss Filthy x Team Big Shark x Dirty $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Bork
      you're such an og nooob <3
      Buy My Winter Setup! | Master Project Thread: The Life of a GLI | Need polishing? PM me for info.

Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-22-2010 11:05 AM #28
      this is a crappy car
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-22-2010 11:46 AM #29
      troy - you have an e-mail with pics
      evan - I know, that's why I'm fixing it up, duh

Buy My Winter Setup! | Master Project Thread: The Life of a GLI | Need polishing? PM me for info.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 F350 Platinum, 2012 Golf R, 2011 GTI, 2015 Tahoe LTZ, 2009 Audi S5, 2014 Harley Street Bob
      03-22-2010 11:49 AM #30
      Quote, originally posted by ninjapants &raquo;
      troy - you have an e-mail with no pics

fixed

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-22-2010 12:00 PM #31

7. 03-22-2010 12:27 PM #32
      my car has taken a backseat to other priorities too. mainly school and being broke. when i graduate, its going to look and drive like the day i bought it, and i will sell it to somebody who will enjoy it as much as i have. based on the value of our cars, it will probly be some kid in high school.

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-22-2010 03:48 PM #33
      I hear you on the lack of funds, even no being out of school i'm still struggling for modding funds.
      So I forgot to add these to the thread but here's how she sits now in winter mode with a nice winter bumper next to the little red bug.

I also recently installed something I've been dieing for ever since I bought the car... an armrest. Picked up an OEM black cloth armrest from someone here on vortex. (thank you [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]) It was just as described, slightly worn, and a few scratches on the plastic but nothing a little tlc can't fix but I got a great price on it.

Vehicles
      a few power wheels too many
      03-22-2010 04:03 PM #34
      I hear you on the lack of funds, even no being out of school i'm still struggling for modding funds.
      So I forgot to add these to the thread but here's how she sits now in winter mode with a nice winter bumper next to the little red bug.

I also recently installed something I've been dieing for ever since I bought the car... an armrest. Picked up an OEM black cloth armrest from someone here on vortex. (thank you [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]) It was just as described, slightly worn, and a few scratches on the plastic but nothing a little tlc can't fix but I got a great price on it.

Hey man build thread, I'm going through the same thing with craving an arm rest in mine, did you have to replace the entire lower center column or does the armrest just bolt into the area between the "coin holder" and rea slide out cup holder, i.e. that little plastic cup area that can pop out???
      thanks,
      -Mike
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      What kind of sorcery is this?!?! That car is from 2005-on but that lady, based on clothing, hair, and makeup is from the 80's. Did she time travel??? Or is she just from Ohio?

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-22-2010 04:12 PM #35
      exactly, pop out the little coin cup in front of the rear cup holder, remove rear cupholder and it's base (2 parts) and there is a torx screw right there you need to remove. Then you can lift the console up a bit but be careful as it's still attached in the front. Slide in the mounting bracket from the under the console and then bolt it down to the 2 open holes to the right of the e-brake and then the one spot next to the e-brake. Then lower the console back down and bolt the armrest to the bracket and reinstall the 2 trim pieces that go around the armrest base. Screw the console back down and reinstall the rear cupholder and you're good to go. Took me like 5 mins. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      03-22-2010 04:17 PM #36
      exactly, pop out the little coin cup in front of the rear cup holder, remove rear cupholder and it's base (2 parts) and there is a torx screw right there you need to remove. Then you can lift the console up a bit but be careful as it's still attached in the front. Slide in the mounting bracket from the under the console and then bolt it down to the 2 open holes to the right of the e-brake and then the one spot next to the e-brake. Then lower the console back down and bolt the armrest to the bracket and reinstall the 2 trim pieces that go around the armrest base. Screw the console back down and reinstall the rear cupholder and you're good to go. Took me like 5 mins. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

cool man [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I thought there was a wicked easy way to get an arm rest to work with our interiors wit out having to loose the center console and all the glorious cup holders we have with our centers, that rear extendable piece is perfect for fitting a half gallon of tea for long hauls
      What kind of sorcery is this?!?! That car is from 2005-on but that lady, based on clothing, hair, and makeup is from the 80's. Did she time travel??? Or is she just from Ohio?

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-22-2010 04:21 PM #37
      Ohhh yea I didn't want much to change, that's why I was happy it's a simple swap

Vehicles
      03-22-2010 04:26 PM #38
      yeah the front cup holder is perfect for the ipod but seriously thanks for the the info I appreciate it [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2011 Touareg TDI
      03-22-2010 07:11 PM #39
      How do you like the armrest? I put one in briefly, but felt that it got in the way of shifting so I took it out right away. I had a leather one too which didn't match the interior at the time.
      I'm doing work. (Build Thread) | VCDS Scans / Tweaks in the Waukesha / Milwaukee area for $5 or a 12-pk of Mountain Dew

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-22-2010 07:39 PM #40
      i like it but I'm tall and a gangly mutha so i sit with the seat all the way back and leaning a bit. That puts my elbow and part of my forearm on the armrest when shifting. Granted it's a little to get used to but as long as it's at the correct angle i don't mind it. If I were doing enthusiastic driving however I'd lift it all the way up straight just to get it out of the way. I can only imagine though the comfort on a long drive, that was my main reasoning. It can always be flipped up if I don't want it.

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-22-2010 11:27 PM #41
      So this is some of the stuff I've been working on randomly, obviously the valve cover still needs some more polishing. Nothing has been hit with rouge yet either as the button on my dremel wore down and now i can't get the bit out so I have to borrow one so I'll rouge everything at once.

I also finished stripping the first wheel today. I used steel wool after the stripper had time to work and it made a world of difference. Mind you it was a PITA to get in all the spots and scrub the paint and primer off but the progress for a single application of stripper is greater. I only needed 2 more coats before I decided I was done with the stripper for this wheel. We'll see how many it takes using the steel wool on the next wheel. I'm guessing 3 to 4. Ohh and getting closer for longer made the fumes even worse so again children.... always use protection.

After scrubbing off the 4th coat. You can finally start to see the metal shining through.

After the 5th coat.

You can still see some primer there but I got sick of the stripper and it'll be easier to just clean of the last little bits of primer in the first sanding stage. Still got lots of work to do but now I can get down to the polishing.

Vehicles
      1980 turboed moped
      03-23-2010 09:30 AM #42
      looks good mate

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-23-2010 01:05 PM #43
      thank you
      another ****ty day in the middle of the woods. I won't be stripping the other wheels today but I'll do some random stuff. I'll continue polishing and I have a center cap that refuses to come out so i have t remove it before I can strip that wheel. Don't expect too much to get done today. We'll see how much I get done after I finish watching Taxi, the originial french one with sick driving, not that stupid jimmy fallon movie.

Vehicles
      nanananananananananananananananananananananananananananananana
      03-23-2010 01:37 PM #44
      looking good bud
      i guess we won't be expecting as many updates because your fingers probably hurt like a bitch right now
      I

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-23-2010 02:03 PM #45
      ohh they will be later. Sanding is the only thing i'll be doing today for the most part.

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2011 Touareg TDI
      03-23-2010 02:12 PM #46
      I can't even imagine the pain that will follow. Take pictures.
      I'm doing work. (Build Thread) | VCDS Scans / Tweaks in the Waukesha / Milwaukee area for $5 or a 12-pk of Mountain Dew

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-23-2010 02:16 PM #47
      hahah yea thanks, i'm looking forward to it, even with gloves your hands just shred after a while. Ohh and I'll have pictures, I'm a photographer born and bred and though I can't afford a real camera right now this little point and shoot I have does a decent job and is always by my side [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] I'll have some pics up tonight of what I can accomplish. I've been avoiding the valve cover because all the corners where the bolts are and **** just piss me off to no end. Polishign sucks when you're an extremely anal perfectionist.

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-23-2010 03:09 PM #48
      so i'm not sure if I'm going to get very far today. This surface is so damn pitted, with all these spokes..... ugh.

Vehicles
      2 Door bugatti coupe...er, i mean Golf Racecar
      03-23-2010 04:49 PM #49
      lower it
      You Aint About That Life | ETYolo

Ruined Blue Golf | 42 Draft Designs

Vehicles
      '04.5 GLI
      03-23-2010 04:57 PM #50
      yea thanks Evan.... like I don't know it. Ok so in case anyone wants to donate to the build, specifically lowering the ****er, my paypal is:
      bradley@bradleycurtis.com
      If everyone donates a dollar I might be able to get a set of vmaxx lol.
      Ohh and I got some e-mails today. Some parts for both cars should arrive tomorrow

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast