Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RS4 Fuel return valve

1. 04-13-2010 06:52 PM #141
      Quote, originally posted by GolfRS »

according to your graphs you only reach ~134 bar of rail pressure for like a MILLISECOND and then pressure drops right off, RIGHT WHEN RAIL PRESSURE SHOULD BE AT ITS HIGHEST, and that is the rev limit...How amazing...

Learn to read.

Quote, originally posted by Uber-A3 »

why the big drop off in rail pressure after the rs4, the one where is is way above requested and them just drops?

Quote, originally posted by ndifadvokit »

I let off the throttle. Keep in mind the sample rate is pretty bad and the graph is merely connecting one dot to another with a line. So it looks like it's dipping down however, there're only two data points recorded which are 134 bar and then straight to 124 bar. I probably could've cut that last point out but i used it in the other graphs so i left it in there. My other two runs from the same session stay at 129 & 130 bar

2. 04-13-2010 07:01 PM #142

Learn to read.

Yeah man, that right there proves you don't have a clue what the f*ck you are talking about...

When you..."lift off the throttle" as you say, your requested boost doesn't stay at 19 psi, (nor does you actual at 16 psi for that matter), your lambda value should have been offset and not stable at 0.8, and your requested rail pressure should have also fell along with your actual, cause you don't keep 130 bar requested rail pressure for 500 rpm...OFF THE THROTTLE.

So next time, cut the bull****, get some more knowledge and a few more posts under your belt, and THEN come back and tell me I CAN'T READ.

F*IN NOOB...

3. 04-13-2010 07:06 PM #143

When you..."lift off the throttle" as you say, your requested boost doesn't stay at 19 psi, (nor does you actual at 16 psi for that matter), your lambda value should have been offset and not stable at 0.8, and your requested rail pressure should have also fell along with your actual, cause you don't keep 130 bar requested rail pressure for 500 rpm...OFF THE THROTTLE.

So next time, cut the bull****, get some more knowledge and a few more posts under your belt, and THEN come back and tell me I CAN'T READ.

Quote, originally posted by LEWXCORE »

when you let off throttle and stay in gear fuel delivery cuts off completely

only if you let off the throttle completely. Accelerator pedal position goes from 99.6% to 73.3%.

Maybe a different question but same answer.

4. 04-13-2010 07:07 PM #144

You should first be asking WHY i wasn't meeting the 129.9bar request. My stock fuel regulator valve was dumping the pressure before it ever reached what it was supposed to. Just because the valve is rated to 130bar doesn't mean it actually is working at 130bar. Parts are not always perfect.

With nothing else changed other than installing the RS4 valve i am now able to easily meet and exceed 130bar. Not every once in a while, but 100% of the time. If you put two and two together it makes perfect sense.

then your stock valve was bad and replacing with the gti valve would have netted the same results. Not by going over 129.9 but up to it at least. Unless the stock valve really isn't rated at the claimed 130 bar.

5. 04-13-2010 07:12 PM #145

Maybe a different question but same answer.

Quote »
      only if you let off the throttle completely. Accelerator pedal position goes from 99.6% to 73.3%.

FFS stop writing crap.

Have you tried lifting off the throttle even 10% while in full boost ?
      Do you have ANY IDEA what happens to your boost ?
      You can't maintain a smooth boost line ant 16 psi running PART THROTTLE...
      You are full of it man.

Please stop it.You are making an ass of yourself.

Vehicles
      2011 golf TDI, 1991 e30 (m50 swap)
      04-13-2010 07:13 PM #146
      d00d this guy has senzerz in his feet that tell him how much thorrottle is applied, rounded to 1 decimal place. what a boss!

Can we get back on the topic of how to successfully order this for $70? Totally not working for me.

7. 04-13-2010 07:13 PM #147

then your stock valve was bad and replacing with the gti valve would have netted the same results. Not by going over 129.9 but up to it at least. Unless the stock valve really isn't rated at the claimed 130 bar.

right. but i had the choice of replacing my stock valve with another stock one that might or might not have the same problem as my first one or go with the RS4 valve which probably costs the same and is rated higher. What would you choose?

8. 04-13-2010 07:14 PM #148

Why are you trying to have a logical debate with this person ?

It is obvious he is talking out of his "other hole"...

Don't even try to reason with him, he doesn't have a clue FFS !!!

Vehicles
      04-13-2010 07:15 PM #149

10. 04-13-2010 07:16 PM #150

FFS stop writing crap.

Have you tried lifting off the throttle even 10% while in full boost ?
      Do you have ANY IDEA what happens to your boost ?
      You can't maintain a smooth boost line ant 16 psi running PART THROTTLE...
      You are full of it man.

Please stop it.You are making an ass of yourself.

If you honestly think i am lying you are more than welcome to take this offline with me on IMs. Run the same logs using the same poor sample rate i'm stuck with and then report back.

Vehicles
      B6 Passat
      04-13-2010 07:21 PM #151
      Honestly, after reading all of this...I'm not convinced with the data provided...the sampling rate is too low to really determine how the rail pressure is really fluctuating (or sustaining) due to the new valve.
      Chapter 11 Dubs

Quote Originally Posted by Joel@Eurojet
      Dazzle them with brilliance, don't baffle them with Bull****.

12. 04-13-2010 07:25 PM #152

If you honestly think i am lying you are more than welcome to take this offline with me on IMs. Run the same logs using the same poor sample rate i'm stuck with and then report back.

At this point i don't even care anymore dude.

I regret taking you seriously in the first place cause i thought you where just mixed up and
      needed help to straighten your thoughts.

Now i can see you are completely clueless, and in a forum giving advice and making logs about something you know nothing about...

So yeah, i really have nothing more to say to you, i am just hoping people will benefit from this by actually not taking you or your supposed "findings" seriously, at least not as proof that.."it works".

Once again, i would suggest checking your car, cause valve or no valve, it doesn't look good...

End of story.

13. 04-13-2010 07:36 PM #153
      Quote, originally posted by rbradleymedmd »
      Honestly, after reading all of this...I'm not convinced with the data provided...the sampling rate is too low to really determine how the rail pressure is really fluctuating (or sustaining) due to the new valve.

guys, i respect everyone's opinion here. Yes, even yours GolfRS. I've gone out of my way to take the time to post actual data free of charge. Inevitably some people will disagree. To you i say... prove me wrong with cold hard data. I welcome it. If i'm wrong prove it and i'll accept it. But so far my data and first hand experience say otherwise. Eventually someone else will install this valve and we'll see how that plays out. Till then, i wish everyone well.

Vehicles
      B6 Passat
      04-13-2010 07:46 PM #154
      I'm not saying I don't believe you or taking any sides here. All I'm trying to relay is that the data provided isn't detailed enough to make a decision for or against. In my case...I really don't see a need as my stock valve seems to provide the specified rail pressure quite well...

Chapter 11 Dubs

Quote Originally Posted by Joel@Eurojet
      Dazzle them with brilliance, don't baffle them with Bull****.

Vehicles
      B & H series swapped Hondas, 383 swapped Chevys, EJ20 swapped Subies, a few STIs, an audi, a few VWs
      04-14-2010 06:44 AM #155

right. but i had the choice of replacing my stock valve with another stock one that might or might not have the same problem as my first one or go with the RS4 valve which probably costs the same and is rated higher. What would you choose?

my reasoning as well.

16. 04-14-2010 10:04 AM #156
      Anyone have a DIY on how to install the RS4 valve without taking off the mani?
      Neuspeed Short Shifter, Eurojet stg 3 FMIC, SBC STG 3, EJ Valve Cover,Eurojet Coolant Hose Kit, Eurojet R32 TBE,U.S R32 rear bumper, Stage 2+ (V3.0)APR Chip, EJ Reroute DV,Neuspeed Intake, Forge Wastegate Actuator,VF Motors(3), Rear Sway Bar, APR HPFP w/software,RS4 Valve,Ported N Polished K03

17. 04-14-2010 10:32 AM #157
      What i have gatherd from all of this is that ndifadvokit was not reaching requested before installing RS4 valve but now is, i was also not reaching requested, but now meet it better than i ever have and guess what yeah my car does feel smoother, much smoother. Could i be masking a potential problem, maybe, but i guess that problem would have to show its face again and when it does i will deal with it. My rail pressure logs have never looked better. It is as simple as that.

Everything else thats being discussed, has nothing to do with why the uprated valve was installed. This is not as complicated as its being made out to be.

Like what was said earlier the stock valve could have been playing up, i chose to stick the uprated valve on and have only seen good things.

Vehicles
      04-14-2010 12:14 PM #158
      OK i figured out how to order on genuinevwaudiparts but looks like i'll be scammed LOL other choices?

19. 04-16-2010 11:48 AM #159
      OK i figured out how to order on genuinevwaudiparts but looks like i'll be scammed LOL other choices?

Why is that? I order form there they are usually really good? I do not know about this part but other things have been good....$.02

Vehicles
      04-16-2010 11:58 AM #160
      Quote, originally posted by DM_MKV »

Why is that? I order form there they are usually really good? I do not know about this part but other things have been good....$.02

was acting up with mozilla, I ordered off google chrome really easy and email support is there... now I can only hope they're sending me the rs4 and not the fsi because they look identical LOL.

21. 04-16-2010 03:20 PM #161

was acting up with mozilla, I ordered off google chrome really easy and email support is there... now I can only hope they're sending me the rs4 and not the fsi because they look identical LOL.

Well if they sell parts at least they should know how to tell one part number from the other...

Hopefully..

22. 04-17-2010 10:27 PM #162
      You would be able to tell the difference once you compared both side by side. The RS4 valve head is smaller to the oem.

Modified by blackcruiser at 11:28 AM 4/18/2010

23. 04-25-2010 10:34 AM #163
      Hi i'm here to ask for that kit tool ....... what price have and where i can find that . I modifyed to keys to change that presure valve without remove manidolf .

Vehicles
      B & H series swapped Hondas, 383 swapped Chevys, EJ20 swapped Subies, a few STIs, an audi, a few VWs
      04-28-2010 02:50 PM #164
      Update. So I ran some logs last night. Prior to installing this valve I was running 949 on my Revo software. With the new valve I'm able to bump the numbers to 969 and not have any retardation.

25. 04-28-2010 06:05 PM #165
      Quote, originally posted by CoNGLoMeRaTeGTi »
      Update. So I ran some logs last night. Prior to installing this valve I was running 949 on my Revo software. With the new valve I'm able to bump the numbers to 969 and not have any retardation.

Haha...you said retardation....

26. 08-12-2010 04:20 PM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by CoNGLoMeRaTeGTi View Post
      Hey man how r u doing , I've an issue that the actual rail pressure never managed to meet the requested rail pressure, specially after installing GT3076R + RS4 injectors, do you think replacing the OEM return valve with the RS4 one would solve the problem,? or do I have another issue.. ?

Regards,

Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      08-12-2010 06:05 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
      Hey man how r u doing , I've an issue that the actual rail pressure never managed to meet the requested rail pressure, specially after installing GT3076R + RS4 injectors, do you think replacing the OEM return valve with the RS4 one would solve the problem,? or do I have another issue.. ?

Regards,

What HPFP?
      Whats your LPFP logs look like? ( log block 106)
      IMO your custom tuned HPFP is requesting way to much Fuel pressure way to fast espec for 3076 that in its self causes problems with your return valve and other SW problems Bob.G
      Last edited by rracerguy717; 08-12-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Vehicles
      08-12-2010 06:14 PM #168
      I bolted on the rs4 valve recently along with the APR in-tank fuel pump with no software changes and noticed I could run more boost and stay under a 12.0:1 air fuel ratio... Aside from that I never had time to log any of those blocks but the car seems to run better. As far as I know unitronics only requests 127bar so I'm guessing it's just making it able to match requested and hold it there the whole time under full load.

29. 08-13-2010 04:49 PM #169
      with rs4 valve I am seeing usually around 132-135, though I am requesting 129, this is with autotech pump.

Vehicles
      08-13-2010 11:01 PM #170
      Quote Originally Posted by tautvydasv View Post
      with rs4 valve I am seeing usually around 132-135, though I am requesting 129, this is with autotech pump.
      Better watch out with that autotech fuel pump, mine seized up requesting 127bar after about a year of use. Hopefully it's one of the newer versions, I had version 2.

31. 08-15-2010 05:38 PM #171
      My car with rs4 valve requests 129.9 and sees 131-133 at wot. This is with APR ed30 and APR hpfp

Vehicles
      MK5 GTI
      08-15-2010 05:43 PM #172
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber-A3 View Post
      My car with rs4 valve requests 129.9 and sees 131-133 at wot.
      x2, but with APR Stg3

• Agent 47 Drives a Golf ..

33. 08-18-2010 02:11 AM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by rbradleymedmd View Post
      I'm not saying I don't believe you or taking any sides here. All I'm trying to relay is that the data provided isn't detailed enough to make a decision for or against. In my case...I really don't see a need as my stock valve seems to provide the specified rail pressure quite well...

Try going +7000rpms.
      R32 MKV
      AUDI TTS GTX3576
      Build thread: CLICK ME

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GLI (REVO K04)
      01-26-2011 06:23 PM #174
      Anyone else with more data for this mod?

35. 01-27-2011 01:07 PM #175
      I have used it for around 120 000 km. Still good

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast