VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Wacky Traffic Accident Pic Post

4M views 20K replies 1K participants last post by  thegave 
#1 · (Edited)
The Wacky Traffic Accident Pic Post Thread

Post up your photos of crazy car crashes.
Rule Number One
Today in the Northwest. And yes it's a beige Camry

Any and all visuals are welcome...gifs, youtubes....especially police dashcams

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: The Wacky Traffic Accident Pic Post Thread (Lightnin')

Bing Bong, it's 20 after the top of the hour and time for your Wacky Zoo Crew Morning Traffic update! Bob's in the Wacky Zoo Crew Traffic Copter right now! Bob, what kinda Wacky Zoo Crew Traffic we got going on this morning? Bing Bong, it's now 21 after the top of the hour. Bob?

#4 ·
Re: The Wacky Traffic Accident Pic Post Thread (a1veedubber)

Quote, originally posted by a1veedubber »
Unfortunately I have no pics, but in the mid nineties my 87 Buick Somerset was impaled by a flying parking meter. I still have the meter flags.

A freakin' flying parking meter?? That is rich. I'd love to hear the story.
Fell off the back of truck??
lol
Another view of the Camry

#5 ·

Wacky? This one always comes to mind for strange. I mean, how do you do that?

#7 ·

Quote, originally posted by Lightnin’ »

A freakin' flying parking meter?? That is rich. I'd love to hear the story.
Fell off the back of truck??
lol

That Camry is insane!
My car was parked when hit by the meter. A drunk driver left the roadway (at a high rate of speed) and hit the meter.......it proceeded to fly 75-100 feet through the air and hit my car. If it had happened 45 seconds earlier it would have nailed my friend who had previously been leaning against my car in the same spot!
The meter was full but they didnt let me keep it.the bastards! It would have helped pay for he repairs

#8 ·
Re: The Wacky Traffic Accident Pic Post Thread (fixmy59bug)

Quote, originally posted by fixmy59bug »
SURPRISE!!!!

ga ha ha
OMG!

I've often applauded this "stunt"

#16 ·

Quote, originally posted by Lightnin’ »

What the...? Your friend is one lucky so and so. Wow. High flying parking meter. Sounds lethal.
Another pic of the camry. Washington State Patrol sez, the guardrail actually saved the dude's life by preventing him (northbound) from crossing any further over and a certain head on with heavy southbound traffic.

You're saying this guy lived! Holy crap, looking at those pics I would have though that the guardrail would have cut him in two.

#17 ·
Re: The Wacky Traffic Accident Pic Post Thread (nicetry)

Quote, originally posted by nicetry »

You're saying this guy lived! Holy crap, looking at those pics I would have though that the guardrail would have cut him in two.

was thinking the same thing. figured he would have looked like one of the crazy 88 from Kill Bill after that encounter.

#19 ·
Re: The Wacky Traffic Accident Pic Post Thread (nicetry)

Quote, originally posted by nicetry »

yes and the Troopers are all saying it kept him from being killed in a head-on on the wrong way side of the highway. Whoa.
Quote, originally posted by seattletimes »
The guardrail, which was completely embedded inside the passenger compartment (see photos below), prevented Haybe from crossing into the southbound lanes and causing a head-on collision.
Haybe was trapped inside the vehicle until medics arrived and were able to extricate him... alive

Serious injuries though.
In one door and out the other