Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 87

    Thread: BFI - Mk6 Torque Arm Insert TSI - 09+ / 2.5L / TDI

    1. 04-01-2010 11:03 AM #1


      We are proud to offer our complete line of performance motor mounts for all 2.0T, 2.5L, and VR6 applications. Our line of Full Poly mounts is unlike any other poly options available. They are produced from a two part liquid cast system in several durometers. This results in both a more uniform product as well as a more durable one..

      To see our entire portfolio of Mk5/Mk6 engine mounts, .

      Please post here, PM, or email us at: sales@blackforestindustries.com with any questions.
      Last edited by black forest ind; 10-04-2012 at 02:31 PM.

    2. 06-29-2010 12:15 PM #2
      We would like to announce an official change to our product – Torque Arm Insert – TSI 09+ :

      After customer feedback and further testing, we have changed the durometer of the insert to 90a hardness (from its original 98a hardness). This puts this insert to the same hardness spec as our original Torque Arm Insert.

      While we feel that the original insert performed well – some customers were unhappy with the increased vibration at low rpms – this slightly softer urethane reduces significantly the vibration while maintaining the performance of the insert.

      Its original increase in hardness was to improve full load performance and offset it’s decreased available volumetric area vs. the original (’05-’08) insert. While some customers enjoy the increased performance of a harder material, some dislike its associated slightly increased Noise, Vibration and Harshness.

      If you have purchased a previous version of the TSI 09+ insert and are dissatisfied with the NVH created by the mount we would like to extend an offer of a free replacement with the new version of the mount. Please send us an email to sales@blackforestindustries.com and include your information as well as your original purchase order number.

    3. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Mar 18th, 2006
      Location
      Tempe, AZ
      Posts
      2,740
      Vehicles
      1996 BMW M3, 1987 C4 Corvette, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard
      07-22-2010 12:07 PM #3
      I have this piece in my 2010 GTI and LOVE IT! One of my favorite mods hands-down. If you haven't done it yet, now's the time!!

    4. 07-27-2010 11:49 AM #4
      Thanks Ian - hope you enjoy it

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2010
      Location
      Green Brook
      Posts
      149
      08-10-2010 11:53 AM #5
      So is there still some vibration with the new 90a insert? I'd like to get one to prevent some of the engine movement, but coming from the Autotech insert (which I sold because it had a lot of vibration in reverse and a decent amount at idle) I'm a little hesitant.

    6. 08-10-2010 04:28 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010GTI4me View Post
      So is there still some vibration with the new 90a insert? I'd like to get one to prevent some of the engine movement, but coming from the Autotech insert (which I sold because it had a lot of vibration in reverse and a decent amount at idle) I'm a little hesitant.
      It is very important to understand that you will always sacrifice comfort for performance in some way or another. These are performance mounts/inserts - even with the 90a insert, there is the chance you will notice a small amount of vibration, however that is normal and should be expected.

      If even a small amount of vibration is not your thing, performance mounts may not be for you.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2010
      Location
      Green Brook
      Posts
      149
      08-10-2010 04:36 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by black forest ind View Post
      It is very important to understand that you will always sacrifice comfort for performance in some way or another. These are performance mounts/inserts - even with the 90a insert, there is the chance you will notice a small amount of vibration, however that is normal and should be expected.

      If even a small amount of vibration is not your thing, performance mounts may not be for you.
      Ok, thanks. I have a feeling the Autotech mount I originally had was just too hard and was more than just a little vibration. I'm thinking that the 90a insert may be a little softer, although I understand there will probably be a little vibration (which I am ok with), but no where near as much at idle and reverese as the Autotech piece.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2006
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      205
      Vehicles
      06 C2S 997
      09-26-2010 02:45 PM #8
      Shipping is $15 dollars to Los Angeles on your website. Is that right.
      My zip is 91326

    9. 09-27-2010 01:05 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by northskate View Post
      Shipping is $15 dollars to Los Angeles on your website. Is that right.
      My zip is 91326
      The quotes are provided directly from UPS. So if you submitted the correct shipping information, the quote you received should be the right one.

    10. Moderator Weakness's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2000
      Location
      Palatine, IL
      Posts
      2,856
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      10-16-2010 10:34 AM #10
      What is the durometer of the OEM unit?
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

    11. 10-18-2010 10:45 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Weakness View Post
      What is the durometer of the OEM unit?
      The durometer of the OEM torque arm bushing is around 55A.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2006
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      205
      Vehicles
      06 C2S 997
      10-22-2010 02:48 PM #12
      Do you think this is the softest poly insert on the market? 90a
      I'm looking for the softest one.
      Thanks

    13. 10-25-2010 10:49 AM #13
      Ours is not the softest on the market, but there is more to how the insert feels than strictly its hardness - a harder insert that makes less off-throttle contact will have less vibration than a softer insert that makes continuous contact.

      While our mount is harder than others, it also makes less constant contact with the torque arm bushing when not under load, minimizing vibration.

    14. Moderator Weakness's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2000
      Location
      Palatine, IL
      Posts
      2,856
      Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      11-26-2010 03:11 PM #14
      As I said in the other tread is that I just bought one during your Black Friday coupons codes Black Forest Friday 2010

      I hope that the mount is as good as I have heard.
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

    15. 11-27-2010 02:44 AM #15
      if my mount shipped on june 17th, 2010, would i have received the older 98a or the newer 90a durometer mount?

    16. 11-28-2010 12:55 PM #16
      This could be either one - this is the time period that we were making the change over - please email me (joe) at sales@blackforestindustries.com and we can discuss it further to figure it out

    17. Member DOQ fastlane's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 25th, 2009
      Location
      DubsofQueens.com
      Posts
      7,195
      Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      11-28-2010 07:55 PM #17
      Emailed

    18. 12-01-2010 03:15 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by joe@blackforest View Post
      This could be either one - this is the time period that we were making the change over - please email me (joe) at sales@blackforestindustries.com and we can discuss it further to figure it out
      joe, i sent you an email with my order #/UPS tracking # couple days ago, still no response

      edit:

      received reply, thanks
      Last edited by Dybz; 12-01-2010 at 04:15 PM.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago burbs
      Posts
      711
      Vehicles
      10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
      02-14-2011 01:15 AM #19
      So this will fit an mk6 5 cylinder?

    20. 02-14-2011 10:02 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by jaja123 View Post
      So this will fit an mk6 5 cylinder?
      That's correct. It will work with your application.

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago burbs
      Posts
      711
      Vehicles
      10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
      02-17-2011 08:39 PM #21
      just arrived, cant wait to put it on!

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2007
      Location
      Cincinnati
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      '84 GTI AutoX Beast, '10 CW GTI (sold) '13 CSG GTI
      02-17-2011 08:45 PM #22
      Installed mine today.. The throttle response is improved, less wheel hop, but the vibration is irritating.. I'm going to Vag-Com to raise the idle from 800 to 1000 to see if that helps. As soon as you are above idle the vibration stops (except in reverse)

      2010 GTI, 6mt

    23. Awaiting Email Confirmation
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2008
      Location
      albany, ny
      Posts
      271
      02-22-2011 04:02 PM #23
      Got mine for xmas, installed last night, haven't decided if the improvements out weigh the rattling. 6mt TDI.

      I can upload a video later for any tdi owners interested in this product.

      Sent from Gliese 581 c

    24. 03-19-2011 10:37 AM #24
      does it cause a vibration in the car

    25. 03-21-2011 11:29 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.06thgen View Post
      does it cause a vibration in the car
      Unfortunately the topic of vibration is very subjective so we can't offer a straight forward answer. You should definitely expect an increase in vibration, but whether you think it's negligible or not is up to the individual to decide.

    26. 03-31-2011 10:52 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by black forest ind View Post
      Unfortunately the topic of vibration is very subjective so we can't offer a straight forward answer. You should definitely expect an increase in vibration, but whether you think it's negligible or not is up to the individual to decide.
      after this item is installed do you feel any extra vibration in the cabin

    27. 04-04-2011 03:07 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.06thgen View Post
      after this item is installed do you feel any extra vibration in the cabin
      You will get increased vibration in reverse and in first at low rpms. They will be significantly reduced after the break in period.

    28. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2007
      Location
      Cincinnati
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      '84 GTI AutoX Beast, '10 CW GTI (sold) '13 CSG GTI
      04-14-2011 01:14 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by black forest ind View Post
      You will get increased vibration in reverse and in first at low rpms. They will be significantly reduced after the break in period.
      Had it installed for 2 months... Still a lot of vibration in reverse (no big deal) but the low RPM vibration is now almost non-existent.

      Free bump, would reccommend.

    29. Member pigryder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 6th, 2009
      Location
      Perry County PA
      Posts
      199
      Vehicles
      1983 GTI, 1982 Vanagon L Diesel Westy, 11 Tiguan
      05-06-2011 02:59 PM #29
      Installed mine over a month ago on my 11 mk6 gti and freekin love it
      Slight vibs in reverse, but the solid feel from the shifter, throttle, and lack of wheel hop is amazing! Absolutely recommend it!
      83 GTI my 16 year love affair
      82 Diesel Westy Vanagon "Stink"

    30. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago burbs
      Posts
      711
      Vehicles
      10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
      05-10-2011 09:11 PM #30
      also with the vibration comes increased low frequency noise which does become irritating and is quite loud. Its like the chopping effect u have sometimes when the windows are open. Its only pronounced at idle and reverse though. Its been on for about 2 months so it should be broken in. Wheel hop is not eliminated but is reduced. There is a more direct feel when getting into gear. Still recommend it though
      Last edited by jaja123; 05-10-2011 at 09:18 PM.

    31. 07-27-2011 11:16 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by jaja123 View Post
      also with the vibration comes increased low frequency noise which does become irritating and is quite loud. Its like the chopping effect u have sometimes when the windows are open. Its only pronounced at idle and reverse though. Its been on for about 2 months so it should be broken in. Wheel hop is not eliminated but is reduced. There is a more direct feel when getting into gear. Still recommend it though
      It does change feel a bit, but is quite tolerable. Especially for what is gained.

    32. 07-27-2011 11:18 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by pigryder View Post
      Installed mine over a month ago on my 11 mk6 gti and freekin love it
      Slight vibs in reverse, but the solid feel from the shifter, throttle, and lack of wheel hop is amazing! Absolutely recommend it!
      Glad you are enjoying it. It is defintely something we reccommend when someone wants to mod something and doesn't have a bill stack. Very feasable.

    33. Member J-J-Jetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2003
      Location
      NH
      Posts
      6,262
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI
      09-07-2011 09:47 PM #33
      I'm assuming this will work in a MK6 Jetta TDI, but i'd rather ask?

      c.b.s.

      Contact me if you have VCDS requests in New England (2006+ only)

    34. 09-08-2011 01:42 PM #34
      Yes it will work for a mk6 Jetta TDI!

    35. Member the dubshow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 18th, 2008
      Location
      Baton Rouge, LA
      Posts
      1,447
      Vehicles
      mk2 8Vturbo, mk2 Golf, 2011 Golf TDI, mk1 16v
      10-17-2011 04:19 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@blackforest View Post
      Whats the hardness difference between stg1 (yellow) and stg 2 (green)?

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •