VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Volkswagen Polo Named World Car of the Year 2010

11K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  Blue Golfer 
#1 ·
Volkswagen AG and Volkswagen of America, Inc. are proud to announce that the Polo has been honored as the 2010 World Car of the Year. With 59 of the top automotive journalists from around the globe judging, the Polo surpassed a total of 29 other nominees. Announced this morning at the New York International Auto Show in New York City's Jacob Javits Center, the annual World Car of the Year awards recognize the year's most outstanding vehicles based on merit, value, safety, environmental impact, significance, and emotional appeal...
FULL STORY...

#3 ·
Re: Volkswagen Polo Named World Car of the Year 2010 (jamie@vwvortex)

The time has now come for VW to bring this car to America. With government passing new milage standards, concerns about global warming, and diesel making a come back, it only makes sense for VW. I know a lot of people would consider buying this car if it were available in the US. Its a shame that the World Car of the Year isn't available for the American consumer...

#38 ·
The time has now come for VW to bring this car to America. With government passing new milage standards, concerns about global warming, and diesel making a come back, it only makes sense for VW. I know a lot of people would consider buying this car if it were available in the US. Its a shame that the World Car of the Year isn't available for the American consumer...
X2...bring it over if you want to get a solid foothold in the US.

#4 ·
Re: Volkswagen Polo Named World Car of the Year 2010 (Eurofan4eva)

World car of the year, not sold in North America. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
The Polo GTI gets me all excited inside. Not that I'm in any financial position to buy one if we did have it, it would still be nice. And I'm sure they would sell a bazillion of them if they did sell them here.
Brendan

#5 ·
Re: Volkswagen Polo Named World Car of the Year 2010 (Lord_Verminaard)

They need to bring the Polo to NA. I know they are concerned about it affecting the GTI in sales, but with all the other small and economical vehicles doing well over here now because of the economy, it would make a lot of sense.

#6 ·

Quote, originally posted by Lord_Verminaard »
World car of the year, not sold in North America. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Brendan

yeah seriously.. world car my ass

#7 ·

Happy to hear the news..but not happy the car not in the US.

#10 ·

Well, the last generation of Polo was sold in Mexico, that is part of North America

Congrats to VW, this car is really amazing.
I hope to bring to Mexico.

Quote, originally posted by Lord_Verminaard »
The Polo GTI gets me all excited inside. Not that I'm in any financial position to buy one if we did have it, it would still be nice. And I'm sure they would sell a bazillion of them if they did sell them here.
Brendan

#12 ·
Re: Volkswagen Polo Named World Car of the Year 2010 (Yorch)

Quote, originally posted by Yorch »
Well, the last generation of Polo was sold in Mexico, that is part of North America

Oops, sorry about that, I didn't know it was sold down there.
Brendan

#15 ·
Re: (33732)

World Car of the Year yet not available on 1 of 7 continents....
And no, it wouldn't take away from Golf sales here. I'd buy a Polo GTI but I'm not buying a Golf GTI just because its my only option. I choose to buy NOTHING instead.

Modified by Shawn O at 11:55 AM 4-3-2010

#16 ·

Other cars coming here in less than 12 month...Mazda2, Ford Fiesta, Honda to be names, Nissan to be names, Chevrolet Spark and Aveo, Scion IO..... VW has the muscle and might to get Polo here ASAP !

#17 ·
Re: Volkswagen Polo Named World Car of the Year 2010 (ndccpf1)

Yea Right World Car? yah see, PArty Time in N.Y. yah! freakin Shizakoff's! again another slap in the face of the U.S. economy and they came across the pond to do it personally...thanxAlot!
2016-35 mpg is gonna be Law for the small car n light truck market.. only a matter of time...
heres one on me since 20% of the worlds products are bought by the U.S.A.

dude, this prob. with mpg's was solved a long time ago withe the rabbit / jetta mk1 diesel.
we the U.S. have been paying the Gas bill Long enough... not to mention the EV1 deal with GM and electric cars..beLIEve you me there all in this together with suppliers, oil co's and so much more.... its all bout the Dollar Kuz it all make sense... thats why i walk with my head Up, when i hear Wack Ryhmes i get Fed-Up. alot of games, alot of suckers with colorful names.. im so n so, im this im that...Huh! but there ALL jus wIk wIK WACK!

Modified by Mobtown at 8:05 AM 4-5-2010

#31 ·
Where is Jamie? He should see people posting here...

Why not run same petition here on VWVortex? We did same thing for GTI 337 and VW heard us to the point that we saw this car here in US. It worked then maybe it will work this time too!

#21 ·

Polo wins the World Car award ** in New York ** during the press preview, then is pulled from the show floor BEFORE the show opens to the public, as not to confuse people into thinking they can actually buy it here.
Classic....................

#26 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by Eurofan4eva »
The Polo will come, wait till the sedan is released...

Yep. They're trying to not make the sedan look like an afterthought. Much like the sedan Yaris, Versa, and the upcoming Fiesta sedan they're brewing for the hatch/wagon-hating US market. They're just taking their sweet time. They have a lot on their plate right now, with the NCS and NMS coming soon too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.