VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Volkswagen Polo Named World Car of the Year 2010

11K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  Blue Golfer 
#1 ·
Volkswagen AG and Volkswagen of America, Inc. are proud to announce that the Polo has been honored as the 2010 World Car of the Year. With 59 of the top automotive journalists from around the globe judging, the Polo surpassed a total of 29 other nominees. Announced this morning at the New York International Auto Show in New York City's Jacob Javits Center, the annual World Car of the Year awards recognize the year's most outstanding vehicles based on merit, value, safety, environmental impact, significance, and emotional appeal...
FULL STORY...

#27 ·
Dunno how much truth there is to it, but according to one of the guys I talked to at the VW booth at the NY auto show, they're going to wait till the Fiesta and the Mazda2 come out. Then they'll release the Polo. Like I said, not sure how much truth there is to it, but I'm guessing we'll see it next year stateside.

#28 ·
Re: (Konst)

Quote, originally posted by Konst »
Dunno how much truth there is to it, but according to one of the guys I talked to at the VW booth at the NY auto show, they're going to wait till the Fiesta and the Mazda2 come out. Then they'll release the Polo. Like I said, not sure how much truth there is to it, but I'm guessing we'll see it next year stateside.

yeah, that way everyone will have already bought the fiesta and mazda2 and they can discontinue the polo after 2 years due to "poor sales"...
more like poor planning...

#29 ·
Re: Volkswagen Polo Named World Car of the Year 2010 (jamie@vwvortex)

Quote, originally posted by jamie@vwvortex »
Volkswagen AG and Volkswagen of America, Inc. are proud to announce that the Polo has been honored as the 2010 World Car of the Year.

And they announced it at the New York Auto Show

Unless VW plans to bring it to the North American market soon, this wins the dumbest marketing move in the World.
My 1996 Polo 1.4 16V still rocks after 15 years. Wish I could drive it more..

#30 ·
Re: Volkswagen Polo Named World Car of the Year 2010 (17)

Quote, originally posted by 17 »

And they announced it at the New York Auto Show

Unless VW plans to bring it to the North American market soon, this wins the dumbest marketing move in the World.
My 1996 Polo 1.4 16V still rocks after 15 years. Wish I could drive it more..

Well, they say it's coming. . . .

#32 ·
even if they do bring the polo....who knows...i can see them changing $hit around like they did on the new jetta and passat...i doubt we would get the european version....i test drove the new jetta n hated it....so i ended up buying a golf (glad i did...the car rocks...i think its 2009 world car of the year)....if they had the polo GTI in america...it wouldnt even be a decision.....

#34 ·
I so wish they would bring this car to the US. I'm so sick of Jetta and Passat/cc commercials there's clearly no love for the Golf over here, or else they think that the boring sedans will be more popular...such a shame.

I'd have to move to England to be able to get the car I want...that's just sad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.