Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 261

    Thread: 2010 Jetta LED Tail Coding

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2011
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Jetta 2.5, 1999 VW Passat V6
      03-01-2011 01:09 AM #106
      Well guys, I installed and repinned (as per the MKV DIY) my LED tails and tried to have them programmed this morning. They changed bytes 9 - 13 (since I thought my car was an MKV). So, I guess I'll be going back tomorrow or the next day to have them fix it. Assuming they change bytes 9-13 back to what they were originally, what do I need to have these guys do in order to get the lights to blink amber on the turn signals and work properly? Does anyone know how to get rid of the bulb out warning for sure or how to disable the cold diagnostics.

      Just so you guys know what the lights are doing now, on the driver side light, the outer ring turns on amber and red at the same time when the light switch is on. the inner is red. The left turn signal blinks amber on that side. On the passenger side, inner and outer are red. It doesn't blink at all when turn signal is activated. Brake lights seem to work properly. Like I said, I do have a bulb out warning on the dash. Any help is greatly appreciated as this process has begun to frustrate me a little.

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2011
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Jetta 2.5, 1999 VW Passat V6
      03-07-2011 09:52 AM #107
      What code for byte 18 would you guys use to make the amber turn and brake lights work properly (even with the bulb out warning)? I'm thinking 0E is the way to go but I'm not sure if that's only with the updated CECM or not.

      P.S., I'm gonna try that today, but if I'm unsuccessful, I'm gonna uninstall the LED tails and put on the old ones until this thing is figured out.
      Last edited by JetProfet; 03-07-2011 at 10:21 AM.

    3. Member AlwayzDubbin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 2005
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      888
      Vehicles
      Bagged Jetta GLI turbo/2010 Jetta TDI Cup
      03-15-2011 11:42 AM #108
      I'm going to rewire my taillights this weekend like it said to at the beginning of this thread. So I need to recode byte 18 to 0E? I have no rear fog by the way. Let me know if this right.

      Thanks for your help!
      Euro-Broz Garage

    4. Junior Member Viw-piririw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2010
      Location
      Odenton, Md.
      Posts
      51
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Tdi Cup
      03-16-2011 08:16 PM #109
      Hello everyone
      I guess this is my first post, but Ive had the same problems with my tail lights for almost 3 months, First before having the bi xenons installed, My tails worked great, amber turn signal, red brake, Then i installed the high line module to power up the shutter in the by xenons, and everything started acting funny with the lights out on my dash but no message is displayed, now with the help of a friend of mine we got rid the lights error on the dash but but now when i apply the brake, the amber light come on as well the red.
      Wouldve been great if it was just the red, I dont have a vag-com yet but if anyone has it around the md area, i can share my code.
      My tails are without fog light, and no front fogs either.
      Special thanks to AMD IS THE BEST for his write up on installing the bi xenons, It helped me a lot.
      Last edited by Viw-piririw; 03-16-2011 at 08:22 PM.

    5. Junior Member bigshaft's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 16th, 2009
      Location
      Toronto Canada
      Posts
      59
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Jetta TDI 1998 dodge caravan 200o honda civic 1990 toyota sr5 p/u 1986 sr5 p/u
      03-16-2011 10:02 PM #110
      Hello All:
      I too have a problem after installing the Highline CECM my original Byte 18 code of 0E no longer works as the light fault icon reappears when lights are selected but the amber and rear fogs operates normally. This is a minor problem and soon will be fixed with the right coding. The front fogs are functionally as advertised.

      Regards'

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      21
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta WE 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-17-2011 08:55 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Viw-piririw View Post
      Hello everyone
      I guess this is my first post, but Ive had the same problems with my tail lights for almost 3 months, First before having the bi xenons installed, My tails worked great, amber turn signal, red brake, Then i installed the high line module to power up the shutter in the by xenons, and everything started acting funny with the lights out on my dash but no message is displayed, now with the help of a friend of mine we got rid the lights error on the dash but but now when i apply the brake, the amber light come on as well the red.
      Wouldve been great if it was just the red, I dont have a vag-com yet but if anyone has it around the md area, i can share my code.
      My tails are without fog light, and no front fogs either.
      Special thanks to AMD IS THE BEST for his write up on installing the bi xenons, It helped me a lot.
      It seems to me like your friend recoded your Byte 18 back to 06 for US Jetta standards that why you have amber/red brake lights and no fault message. What is the P/N of your CECM?
      Last edited by WhiteWolfie10; 03-17-2011 at 09:05 AM.

    7. Junior Member Viw-piririw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2010
      Location
      Odenton, Md.
      Posts
      51
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Tdi Cup
      03-17-2011 08:59 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by whitewolfie10 View Post
      it seems to me like your friend recoded your byte 18 back to 06 for us jetta standards that why you have amber/red brake lights and no fault message. What is the p/n of your cecm?
      5k0-937-087-c-z0x

      Oh And i have a 2010 jetta Tdi Cup.
      Last edited by Viw-piririw; 03-17-2011 at 09:14 PM.

    8. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      21
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta WE 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-18-2011 12:54 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by bigshaft View Post
      Hello All:
      I too have a problem after installing the Highline CECM my original Byte 18 code of 0E no longer works as the light fault icon reappears when lights are selected but the amber and rear fogs operates normally. This is a minor problem and soon will be fixed with the right coding. The front fogs are functionally as advertised.

      Regards'
      Since you have rear fog light configuration you can try 15. This is what I'm using but with M2 and M4 faults detected. Find out if it works with your highline module.
      Last edited by WhiteWolfie10; 03-18-2011 at 02:13 PM.

    9. Junior Member Viw-piririw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2010
      Location
      Odenton, Md.
      Posts
      51
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Tdi Cup
      03-18-2011 09:30 PM #114
      Just a thought, Since the passat have the led tail lights and hid headlights, What if we take look at its long code, wouldnt that shed some light on the whole problem?

    10. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      21
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta WE 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-19-2011 10:12 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by Viw-piririw View Post
      Just a thought, Since the passat have the led tail lights and hid headlights, What if we take look at its long code, wouldnt that shed some light on the whole problem?
      The Passat has mono red type tail lights. And since there are no amber turn signals this circuit can be simply operated by voltage change from 4-6V to full 12V for parking/turn/brake lights operation. So, you will not find a needed help there. In your/our case the circuit requires a separate wire for turn signal to allow a dual color tail lights operation.
      Last edited by WhiteWolfie10; 03-19-2011 at 05:56 PM.

    11. Junior Member Viw-piririw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2010
      Location
      Odenton, Md.
      Posts
      51
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Tdi Cup
      03-19-2011 09:16 PM #116
      So is it possible to switch to passat mode and go error free until this problem is figured out?

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2011
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Jetta 2.5, 1999 VW Passat V6
      03-21-2011 09:43 AM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by Viw-piririw View Post
      So is it possible to switch to passat mode and go error free until this problem is figured out?
      I'm doing that now and I'm bulb out error free. The only thing is when you brake, both inner and outer rings light up red. Only the inner is supposed to, but that's not a big deal for me. Turn signals operate 100% properly even when braking tho so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Beware though that someone on the forum told me that eventually, the car figures out that the LED's are drawing less current than the bulbs and eventually we'll get bulb out warnings. I have no idea if thats true or not (especially for the 2010's). I've been running the LED's in passat mode for the past 2-3 weeks and they are still working fine.

    13. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2011
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      21
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta WE 2.0T FSI DSG
      03-21-2011 06:49 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by JetProfet View Post
      I'm doing that now and I'm bulb out error free. The only thing is when you brake, both inner and outer rings light up red. Only the inner is supposed to, but that's not a big deal for me. Turn signals operate 100% properly even when braking tho so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Beware though that someone on the forum told me that eventually, the car figures out that the LED's are drawing less current than the bulbs and eventually we'll get bulb out warnings. I have no idea if thats true or not (especially for the 2010's). I've been running the LED's in passat mode for the past 2-3 weeks and they are still working fine.
      But you will have your parking lights/outer rings much dimmer. They will operate at 4V instead of full 12V and they will slightly flicker. And if you have rear fog light wired up it will set a fault code for left back-up light being out.
      Last edited by WhiteWolfie10; 03-21-2011 at 09:13 PM.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2011
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Jetta 2.5, 1999 VW Passat V6
      03-23-2011 10:11 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolfie10 View Post
      But you will have your parking lights/outer rings much dimmer. They will operate at 4V instead of full 12V and they will slightly flicker. And if you have rear fog light wired up it will set a fault code for left back-up light being out.
      At this point, they haven't been flickering and they're much brighter than the stock halogen lights I had on. They seem to be working fine at this point and I have no bulb out errors.

    15. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2010
      Location
      Monteal, Quebec, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg, 2007 Rabbit, 1995 GTI, 1992 GTI, 1985 GTI, 1972 Beatle
      03-24-2011 10:03 AM #120
      Hello,

      I installed my LED taillights last weekend with the wire switched per the DIY and added 0E at byte 18. I’m not using rear fog setup.

      With my 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg I received 5 faults with my current setup. The lights are functioning properly for the exception of my left rear fog being on when my light switch in the off position and of course the light indicator on the instrument panel. I’ve tried using several hex settings at byte 18 (0E, 15, 02) but none seam to correct the issues.

      Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
      Part No SW: 5K0 937 086 E HW: 5K0 937 086 E
      Component: BCM PQ35 M 011 0028
      Revision: BJ011001
      Coding: 27200B3E902F3EE4000000854100050401000E8650008D605C 8020000000
      Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
      VCID: 3669245838C1

      Part No: 1K1 955 119 F
      Component: Wischer 04031 21 0512
      Coding: 009795

      5 Faults Found:
      00984 - Left Tail Light (M4)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 19
      Mileage: 9442 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2011.14.22
      Time: 09:32:47

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 14.25 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF

      00985 - Right Tail Light (M2)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 19
      Mileage: 9442 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2011.14.22
      Time: 09:32:47

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 14.30 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF

      00987 - Lamp for Brake Light; Left (M9)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 00101010
      Fault Priority: 1
      Fault Frequency: 2
      Reset counter: 59
      Mileage: 9157 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2011.14.13
      Time: 14:09:02

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 14.25 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      ON

      00988 - Lamp for Brake Light; Right (M10)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 00101010
      Fault Priority: 1
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 59
      Mileage: 9442 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2011.14.22
      Time: 07:45:51

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 11.90 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF

      01502 - Bulb for Rear Fog; Left (L46)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 19
      Mileage: 9442 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2011.14.22
      Time: 09:31:55

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 12.15 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2011
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Jetta 2.5, 1999 VW Passat V6
      04-22-2011 08:06 PM #121
      I see that 0E is the code for byte 18 if you have the rear fog. Anybody know what it is if you don't want the rear fog?

    17. Member phil123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2009
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      6,338
      06-22-2011 06:55 PM #122
      Ended up installing the taillights tonight for this. Tried all the coding, these are OE VW LED Tail lights without rear fog. I ended up settling for Golf NA, everything works, but you get 2 bulb codes on the screen.

      I can post them up, but it looks like at the time being this is where we have to live with the 2010 version of the CECM paired with the LED tails.

      I'm debating on pulling the pin and taping it to see if the light code will go away, but thats for later in the week.

      Hopefully Dana and the crew will be able to figure something out. Thanks in advance for all the help so far and anything that you can come up with

      I do have a legal copy of vagcom/dongle that i can post up the scan results if needed. Car in question is a 2010 Jetta TDI DSG
      Last edited by phil123; 06-23-2011 at 02:12 AM.
      2014 Focus ST | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

      FS: BBS Steering Wheel (3 spoke) | MK3.5 Mirrors

    18. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 13th, 2010
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      46
      Vehicles
      02' WRX v7 STi, ________ 2010 TDI Cup'Ed DSG
      06-24-2011 11:43 AM #123
      Out of curiosity...

      How many of you guys are getting the bulb flicker on startup (cold diagnostic check)?
      If so, is it just the LEDs or is it all the lights (side marker, city light, etc...)
      Please share your results and what code are you using foe byte 18?

      Thanks

    19. Junior Member HiTechCD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2008
      Location
      Central N.J.
      Posts
      39
      Vehicles
      AWARD WINNING 2010 VW Jetta Wolfsburg
      06-24-2011 07:00 PM #124
      I also have a 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg with LED tails. Here is the story Jetta Owners:

      Each BCM (convienience) module is different in our cars - and depends on build date.

      The GTI's have had good luck with theirs, simply putting 15 or 0E into byte 18 solves their problems. The Jetta's have not been so lucky.

      Each car has a few codes that will work without throwing a code, or doing cold diags. (blinky lights on start up). But there are trade offs...

      You might find a code that that doesn't set off dash light, but does not properly light up tails (center light only for brakes, outer light lit with headlights on only) and REAR FOG.

      THE ONLY WAY TO FIGURE IT OUT is to sequentially try EACH HEX CODE FROM 00 THRU FF (256 possible choices). I have done this (over a period of a few long nights) and found a few codes that work. Remember.. this is HEX, not DECIMALS..

      So it goes as follows:
      00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F
      10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F
      20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F

      AND ON, AND ON, AND ON...

      A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF
      B0, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, B9, BA, BB, BC, BD, BE, BF

      AND ON, AND ON, AND ON...

      all the WAY to FF... its a lot of codes.

      I have found the upper codes (ones closer to FF) are really wacky - Amber tail lights, blinkers screwed up, etc.

      HOPE THIS HELPS, AND HAVE FUN!


    20. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2010
      Location
      Monteal, Quebec, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg, 2007 Rabbit, 1995 GTI, 1992 GTI, 1985 GTI, 1972 Beatle
      06-24-2011 09:23 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by HiTechCD View Post
      I have done this (over a period of a few long nights) and found a few codes that work.
      Hello,

      I also have a 2010 jetta wolfsburg.

      If you don't mind, can you please post you code. This could possibly help myself and others.

      Regards,
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg

    21. Junior Member HiTechCD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2008
      Location
      Central N.J.
      Posts
      39
      Vehicles
      AWARD WINNING 2010 VW Jetta Wolfsburg
      06-24-2011 10:29 PM #126
      53, and 55 both work fine without Light on Dash - HOWEVER.. - NO REAR FOG

      52 works as well, but has stupid center area lit up which I HATE! I like my tails "Passat Style," where the center ring only lights up with brakes. MANY OF THESE CODES LIGHT UP THE CENTER RING with the HEADLIGHTS.. Ugggh.

      0E actually works, but again, the center area is lit up with headlights on.

      I guess I am being picky... But hell, out of 256 possible combinations, you'd think there would be one that works! Thanks VW for putting in BCM's that are so LOWLINE, you can't even run Euro Spec OEM LED tail lights without a dashboard bulb-out light.. Only the best for the USA!

    22. Member phil123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2009
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      6,338
      06-27-2011 09:10 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by HiTechCD View Post
      53, and 55 both work fine without Light on Dash - HOWEVER.. - NO REAR FOG

      52 works as well, but has stupid center area lit up which I HATE! I like my tails "Passat Style," where the center ring only lights up with brakes. MANY OF THESE CODES LIGHT UP THE CENTER RING with the HEADLIGHTS.. Ugggh.

      0E actually works, but again, the center area is lit up with headlights on.

      I guess I am being picky... But hell, out of 256 possible combinations, you'd think there would be one that works! Thanks VW for putting in BCM's that are so LOWLINE, you can't even run Euro Spec OEM LED tail lights without a dashboard bulb-out light.. Only the best for the USA!
      i'll try 53 and 55 and report back.

      As far as LOWLINE BCM, i will get the code off the BCM, but on the TDI i'm pretty sure its not the lowline, fully MFD and all that jazz.

      0E works, but you should only use this if you have the rear fog or you will get a rear fog code. The car i'm working on has the european VW factory tailights without the fog and the only code i could get to work was the Golf spec, everything worked, but would get the 2 light codes on the dash.
      Last edited by phil123; 06-27-2011 at 09:12 PM.
      2014 Focus ST | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

      FS: BBS Steering Wheel (3 spoke) | MK3.5 Mirrors

    23. Member phil123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2009
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      6,338
      06-27-2011 10:20 PM #128
      53 and 55 gave the same results as 03 "Light Setup: VW Golf (5K) North American Region (NAR)"

      -----------------------FIFTY THREE Results--------------------------------

      Monday,27,June,2011,19:05:50:37655
      VCDS Version: Release 10.6.4
      Data version: 20110418



      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


      Chassis Type: 7N0
      Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 15 16 17 19 1C 25 2E 42 44 46 52 56 62 65 72
      77

      VIN:

      01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
      02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
      03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
      04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
      08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
      09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
      15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
      16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
      17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
      19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
      1C-Position Sensing -- Status: OK 0000
      25-Immobilizer -- Status: OK 0000
      2E-Media Player 3 -- Status: OK 0000
      42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
      44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
      46-Central Conv. -- Status: OK 0000
      52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
      56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
      62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: OK 0000
      65-Tire Pressure -- Status: OK 0000
      72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000
      77-Telephone -- Status: OK 0000

      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
      Part No SW: 5K0 937 085 L HW: 5K0 937 085 L
      Component: BCM PQ35 B++ 111 0135
      Revision: BI111001
      Coding: 2D200B3E902F3EE4800800816500000401005386510085605C8020000000
      Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
      VCID: 3C7CBFB406FB

      Part No: 1K1 955 119 F
      Component: Wischer 06081 21 0512
      Coding: 009795

      2 Faults Found:
      00984 - Left Tail Light (M4)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 210
      Mileage: 21320 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2010.14.00
      Time: 18:59:43

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 12.65 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF

      00985 - Right Tail Light (M2)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 210
      Mileage: 21320 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2010.14.00
      Time: 18:59:43

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 12.60 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF


      ----------------------------------FIFTY FIVE Results -------------------------------------------------------


      Monday,27,June,2011,19:10:16:37655
      VCDS Version: Release 10.6.4
      Data version: 20110418


      Chassis Type: 7N0
      Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 15 16 17 19 1C 25 2E 42 44 46 52 56 62 65 72
      77

      VIN:

      01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
      02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
      03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
      04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
      08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
      09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
      15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
      16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
      17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
      19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
      1C-Position Sensing -- Status: OK 0000
      25-Immobilizer -- Status: OK 0000
      2E-Media Player 3 -- Status: OK 0000
      42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
      44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
      46-Central Conv. -- Status: OK 0000
      52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
      56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
      62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: OK 0000
      65-Tire Pressure -- Status: OK 0000
      72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000
      77-Telephone -- Status: OK 0000

      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
      Part No SW: 5K0 937 085 L HW: 5K0 937 085 L
      Component: BCM PQ35 B++ 111 0135
      Revision: BI111001
      Coding: 2D200B3E902F3EE4800800816500000401005586510085605C8020000000
      Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
      VCID: 3C7CBFB406FB

      Part No: 1K1 955 119 F
      Component: Wischer 06081 21 0512
      Coding: 009795

      2 Faults Found:
      00984 - Left Tail Light (M4)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 210
      Mileage: 21320 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2010.14.00
      Time: 19:05:17

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 12.25 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF

      00985 - Right Tail Light (M2)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 210
      Mileage: 21320 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2010.14.00
      Time: 19:05:17

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 12.25 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF

      ------------------------ ZERO THREE "Light Setup: VW Golf (5K) North American Region (NAR)" ------------------------------------------

      Monday,27,June,2011,19:15:25:37655
      VCDS Version: Release 10.6.4
      Data version: 20110418



      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


      Chassis Type: 7N0
      Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 15 16 17 19 1C 25 2E 42 44 46 52 56 62 65 72
      77

      VIN:

      01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
      02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
      03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
      04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
      08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
      09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
      15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
      16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
      17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
      19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
      1C-Position Sensing -- Status: OK 0000
      25-Immobilizer -- Status: OK 0000
      2E-Media Player 3 -- Status: OK 0000
      42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
      44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
      46-Central Conv. -- Status: OK 0000
      52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
      56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
      62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: OK 0000
      65-Tire Pressure -- Status: OK 0000
      72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000
      77-Telephone -- Status: OK 0000

      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
      Part No SW: 5K0 937 085 L HW: 5K0 937 085 L
      Component: BCM PQ35 B++ 111 0135
      Revision: BI111001
      Coding: 2D200B3E902F3EE4800800816500000401000386510085605C8020000000
      Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
      VCID: 3C7CBFB406FB

      Part No: 1K1 955 119 F
      Component: Wischer 06081 21 0512
      Coding: 009795

      2 Faults Found:
      00984 - Left Tail Light (M4)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 210
      Mileage: 21320 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2010.14.00
      Time: 19:10:38

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 12.20 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF

      00985 - Right Tail Light (M2)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 210
      Mileage: 21320 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2010.14.00
      Time: 19:10:38

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 12.25 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF



      So we went back to "03" as it did the same thing and had the same errors.

      Reverse lights work (dual)
      Blinkers blink amber
      Brake lights light up the CENTER of the outside corners
      With headlights on the outside circle lights up RED.
      2014 Focus ST | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

      FS: BBS Steering Wheel (3 spoke) | MK3.5 Mirrors

    24. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2010
      Location
      Monteal, Quebec, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg, 2007 Rabbit, 1995 GTI, 1992 GTI, 1985 GTI, 1972 Beatle
      06-28-2011 05:38 PM #129
      I have a 2010 jetta canadian version which comes with fogs and BCM p/n 5K0 937 086 E
      I just recently installed the oem euro version led tail light without the rear fog setup and with the
      wire swap for amber turn signals. I've tried using codes from this thread but had no success so I decided to try all the possible codes from 00 thru FF (256 possible choices) which resulted with all bulb out errors except for 06 and 4C which unfortunately displayed the light incorrectly basically I had the same results as WhiteWolfie10 at post # 102

      Bad news guys. Today I've checked every single combination for Byte 18 (00-99; A0-A9; 0A-9A; B0-B9; 0B-9B; C0-C9; 0C-9C; D0-D9; 0D-9D; E0-E9; 0E-9E; F0-F9; 0F-9F and AA-FF) and result is all of them set fault code except for two 06 and 4C but 06 uses amber lights along with regular brake lights and 4C makes front parking and side marker lights very dim and amber/red combination for rear parking lights.
      I am now contemplating on purchasing a euro switch and do the wire swap at the cecm for rear fogs and see what happens.

      Why is it that the european version 2010 jetta have led tail lights without issues?

      Is there a way to find out what BCM their vehicles use?
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg

    25. Member phil123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2009
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      6,338
      06-28-2011 05:51 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by kiekar View Post
      I am now contemplating on purchasing a euro switch and do the wire swap at the cecm for rear fogs and see what happens.
      Ditto.

      Why is it that the european version 2010 jetta have led tail lights without issues?
      The only thing i could come up with is different CECM or maybe all european cars had rear fogs?

      If you do 0E with your taillights, i believe the only code you get is rear foglight out. I believe you could put the european switch with rear fog in, then splice/solder into the passenger side light over to the left side of the reverse lights (if you wanted dual reverse lights). Just an option and i fully agree if you get the taillights without the rear fogs they should work correctly (i'm dealing with the EXACT same perdicament.)

      Quote Originally Posted by kiekar View Post
      Is there a way to find out what BCM their vehicles use?
      Has anyone checked out what EOS coding is? I just saw one last night and noticed it had LED tails.
      2014 Focus ST | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

      FS: BBS Steering Wheel (3 spoke) | MK3.5 Mirrors

    26. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2010
      Location
      Monteal, Quebec, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg, 2007 Rabbit, 1995 GTI, 1992 GTI, 1985 GTI, 1972 Beatle
      06-28-2011 08:09 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by phil123 View Post

      If you do 0E with your taillights, i believe the only code you get is rear foglight out. .
      On my vehicle when setting byte 18 to 0E I receive one error code when the light switch is in the off postion "Rear Fog Left" and three error codes when the switch is in the on position. "Left Tail Light, Right Tail Light and Rear Fog Left".

      Do you think I would still receive the bulb out signal after i add the euro switch with the cecm wire swap?
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg

    27. Member phil123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2009
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      6,338
      06-28-2011 08:11 PM #132
      I'd say you probably will still get the light errors, but not having done it I couldnt say yes or no with any certainty. We only had the rear fog light out when we tried 0E.
      2014 Focus ST | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

      FS: BBS Steering Wheel (3 spoke) | MK3.5 Mirrors

    28. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2009
      Location
      Apollo, PA
      Posts
      2,907
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      06-28-2011 10:05 PM #133
      Based on feedback alone and NO live testing, I had a customer report 5K0 937 087 C Z0X combined with byte 18 coding 0E and everything worked including the rear fog without faults.

      I don't recall if he was already a poster in this thread but the 1st upgraded module was 5K0 937 087 G with unknown to me color/index code and that one did not work without faults and every possible coding.

      All of those modules are specific to the vehicle configuration ... so do NOT just go out and purchase that one based on my comment ;-) Check compatibility with the parts system and VIN.
      Dana Marie

      P.S. No Scan = No Soup

    29. Member digitalextremes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 16th, 2011
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      901
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta TDI
      07-08-2011 12:20 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by Dana @ Ross-Tech View Post
      Based on feedback alone and NO live testing, I had a customer report 5K0 937 087 C Z0X combined with byte 18 coding 0E and everything worked including the rear fog without faults.

      I don't recall if he was already a poster in this thread but the 1st upgraded module was 5K0 937 087 G with unknown to me color/index code and that one did not work without faults and every possible coding.

      All of those modules are specific to the vehicle configuration ... so do NOT just go out and purchase that one based on my comment ;-) Check compatibility with the parts system and VIN.
      It was me, I have the 5K0 937 087 C Z0X (for automatic tranny, ZOV is for manual) combined byte 18 coding being 0E with rear fog that worked for me here in Canada with no errors for my 2010 Jetta Sedan.

      The 5K0 937 087 G Z5Y (for auto and manual tranny) will give you error and/or bulb out warning on the dash no matter what code you select for byte 18, WhiteWolfie10 went through that experience and had to get the ZOX version to fix things up.

      Do not buy the 5K0 937 087 G Z5Y, but the problem is that ZOX has been discontinued and superseded by the G Z5Y so you may have a hard time finding it, call a dealer and ask them to check inventory of other dealers and grab one while you can.

      CECM/BCM modules are very sensitive to the exact car specs so be very carefully before buying one...

      This may help: http://www.pjruane.com/jm/Byte18.pdf
      Last edited by digitalextremes; 07-08-2011 at 01:09 PM.

    30. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2010
      Location
      Monteal, Quebec, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg, 2007 Rabbit, 1995 GTI, 1992 GTI, 1985 GTI, 1972 Beatle
      07-08-2011 12:55 PM #135
      Hello,

      I tried different codes for byte 18 recently and came across HEX code 10 which allowed the LED tail lights to function properly but threw a single fault code for side blinkers.
      Even with this fault code my right blinker functioned properly except that the blinker clicking noise was faster as if the bulb was burnt.

      Is there a possible work around for this fault?

      Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
      Control Module Part Number: 5K0 937 086 E HW: 5K0 937 086 E
      Component and/or Version: BCM PQ35 M 011 0028
      Software Coding: 27200B3E902F3EE400000085450005040160108650008D605C 8020000000
      Work Shop Code: WSC 00066 000 00000
      VCID: 3669245838D7
      1 Fault Found:

      01835 - Bulb for Side-Blinkers; Right (M19)
      010 - Open or Short to Plus
      Freeze Frame:
      Fault Status: 01101010
      Fault Priority: 2
      Fault Frequency: 1
      Reset counter: 246
      Mileage: 14128 km
      Time Indication: 0
      Date: 2014.14.30
      Time: 14:51:11

      Freeze Frame:
      Term 15 On
      Voltage: 12.15 V
      ON
      ON
      OFF
      OFF
      OFF
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg

    31. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2011
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Jetta 2.5, 1999 VW Passat V6
      08-12-2011 01:15 PM #136
      Was anyone able to confirm if 53 or 55 worked without causing bulb out warning? Since I have the LED taillights without the fog light, that's the actual set up I need.

    32. Member phil123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2009
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      6,338
      08-12-2011 01:50 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by JetProfet View Post
      Was anyone able to confirm if 53 or 55 worked without causing bulb out warning? Since I have the LED taillights without the fog light, that's the actual set up I need.
      I can confirm it DID NOT work on a 2011 Jetta TDI, DSG, Halogens.
      2014 Focus ST | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

      FS: BBS Steering Wheel (3 spoke) | MK3.5 Mirrors

    33. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2010
      Location
      Monteal, Quebec, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg, 2007 Rabbit, 1995 GTI, 1992 GTI, 1985 GTI, 1972 Beatle
      08-27-2011 10:22 AM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by digitalextremes View Post
      It was me, I have the 5K0 937 087 C Z0X (for automatic tranny, ZOV is for manual) combined byte 18 coding being 0E with rear fog that worked for me here in Canada with no errors for my 2010 Jetta Sedan.

      The 5K0 937 087 G Z5Y (for auto and manual tranny) will give you error and/or bulb out warning on the dash no matter what code you select for byte 18, WhiteWolfie10 went through that experience and had to get the ZOX version to fix things up.

      Do not buy the 5K0 937 087 G Z5Y, but the problem is that ZOX has been discontinued and superseded by the G Z5Y so you may have a hard time finding it, call a dealer and ask them to check inventory of other dealers and grab one while you can.

      CECM/BCM modules are very sensitive to the exact car specs so be very carefully before buying one...

      This may help: http://www.pjruane.com/jm/Byte18.pdf
      Would p/n 5K0 937 087 C Z0X work on a 2010 jetta wolfsburg canadian version?
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg

    34. Member digitalextremes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 16th, 2011
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      901
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta TDI
      08-27-2011 10:59 AM #139
      I have a 2010 jetta and was using LED tails with halogens then with xenons, no faults.

      The issue is not with the finding the right coding, it has to do with the right CECM.

      I have the 087 C ZOX CECM (for auto tranny, for manual the colour index is ZOV) with no errors, if you have 087 G 5ZY or 5ZY (I forgot which colour index) you will have error even through lights may work as expected.

      for my car built 09/09 (jetta Sedan highline) G superseded C, but I was able to get my hands one C before the dealers ran out of them.

      I would recommend calling dealers in US (Some should still have it) and going with that CECM otherwise I don't know what type of modification will be required to make them work properly, they will not work by simply trying different codes.

      Someone from New Jersey (Whitewolf) tried all possible byte 18 codes from this list and it did not work until he swapped the CECM and got the older one as stated above.

      http://www.pjruane.com/jm/Byte18.pdf
      Last edited by digitalextremes; 08-27-2011 at 11:02 AM.

    35. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2010
      Location
      Monteal, Quebec, Canada
      Posts
      72
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg, 2007 Rabbit, 1995 GTI, 1992 GTI, 1985 GTI, 1972 Beatle
      08-27-2011 01:54 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by digitalextremes View Post
      I have a 2010 jetta and was using LED tails with halogens then with xenons, no faults.

      The issue is not with the finding the right coding, it has to do with the right CECM.

      I have the 087 C ZOX CECM (for auto tranny, for manual the colour index is ZOV) with no errors, if you have 087 G 5ZY or 5ZY (I forgot which colour index) you will have error even through lights may work as expected.

      for my car built 09/09 (jetta Sedan highline) G superseded C, but I was able to get my hands one C before the dealers ran out of them.

      I would recommend calling dealers in US (Some should still have it) and going with that CECM otherwise I don't know what type of modification will be required to make them work properly, they will not work by simply trying different codes.

      Someone from New Jersey (Whitewolf) tried all possible byte 18 codes from this list and it did not work until he swapped the CECM and got the older one as stated above.

      http://www.pjruane.com/jm/Byte18.pdf
      My present cecm is 5K0 937 086 E on a 10/03 built jetta wolfsburg whick gives me a bulb out error with all possible codes. The replacement hight line version for my vehicle is 5K0 937 087 F Z6B. I just don't know if this version would work. I haven't found any test results for this newer cecm.

      what does this mean VW369 Halogen VW369 RdW TFL_0 ROM 14 VW369 VW369 halogen RdW TFL_0 ROM 14
      Last edited by kiekar; 08-27-2011 at 01:57 PM.
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg

    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •