Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 36 to 61 of 61

    Thread: whats your opinion on the show

    1. Member 08jettas's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      1,939
      Vehicles
      08 jetta , 84 rabbit convertable , 98 golf , 13 Jetta tdi
      04-16-2012 09:30 AM #36
      ^thats a big reason why I stayed home !

    2. Member ramon.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2004
      Location
      dirty jersey
      Posts
      12,870
      Vehicles
      R32 swapped MK3 GTI & 98 Ginster VR6 daily
      04-16-2012 09:37 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Joel Goodson View Post
      Would be nice to have the cars judged by people who know what they are looking at as well. I dont even know how many times I got the "wtf are you talking about" face from my judge. He was pretty clueless.

      I honestly think the problem with the show is German Squad.

      Quote Originally Posted by otto bahn View Post
      Quote, originally posted by Joel Goodson »
      I honestly think the problem with the show is German Squad.

      this.

      I've been around the vw scene in the tristate area for almost 20 years......

      About 10 years ago, I don't recall if it was issues within the Central Jersey club, or issues with the promoters/track, or if it was just the progression of things with so many more water cooled cars attending the show...the german squad started judging the show.

      and it's all been down hill from there...

      Not to mention that the O.G. members of the germansquad who were actually decent guys either left the club due to drama or were asked to leave over the years....

      the last few years has seen the return of the Central Jersey judges at least for the aircooled cars..... (If you think the Squad is clueless about watercooled cars, they are brain dead when it comes to aircooled)

      In walking around this show I overheard constant foul mouthed people yelling at each other, I saw people smoking weed, obnoxious music blaring from cars all day, as well as the dj booth, public drinking & intoxication, a fight, and other crap.....

      this is supposed to be a family environment

      This show needs to be Un-Ghetto-fied if it's ever going to see it's original glory....

      I'm sure this would hold some weight IF German Squad still had anything what so ever to do with this show.. But, considering they have been officially finished with it since spring show n go last year.

      There is a new club doing the show, and they are trying their best to bring it back. People dont realize how much work go into running a show of that size until they have something to do with the show.
      Don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because they don't do what you do, or think as you think. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today...

    3. Member spool'n up 1.8t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2003
      Location
      Dirty Jersey
      Posts
      808
      Vehicles
      86 Gti 92 Montana Green Gti 89 Golf gl 95 Jetta gls 00 Passat 1.8t 96 jetta gl 08 2.0t Wolfsburg
      04-16-2012 08:54 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by ramon. View Post
      I'm sure this would hold some weight IF German Squad still had anything what so ever to do with this show.. But, considering they have been officially finished with it since spring show n go last year.

      There is a new club doing the show, and they are trying their best to bring it back. People dont realize how much work go into running a show of that size until they have something to do with the show.
      x2

    4. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2010
      Location
      Clifton, NJ
      Posts
      69
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta
      04-17-2012 11:01 AM #39
      i read online somewhere that admission was 15 but when i got to the gate and the guy said 20 i was like wtf....and it sucked like usual...

    5. 04-20-2012 03:07 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by otto bahn View Post
      Quote, originally posted by Joel Goodson »
      I honestly think the problem with the show is German Squad.

      this.

      I've been around the vw scene in the tristate area for almost 20 years......

      About 10 years ago, I don't recall if it was issues within the Central Jersey club, or issues with the promoters/track, or if it was just the progression of things with so many more water cooled cars attending the show...the german squad started judging the show.

      and it's all been down hill from there...

      Not to mention that the O.G. members of the germansquad who were actually decent guys either left the club due to drama or were asked to leave over the years....

      the last few years has seen the return of the Central Jersey judges at least for the aircooled cars..... (If you think the Squad is clueless about watercooled cars, they are brain dead when it comes to aircooled)

      In walking around this show I overheard constant foul mouthed people yelling at each other, I saw people smoking weed, obnoxious music blaring from cars all day, as well as the dj booth, public drinking & intoxication, a fight, and other crap.....

      this is supposed to be a family environment

      This show needs to be Un-Ghetto-fied if it's ever going to see it's original glory....

      especially this! "In walking around this show I overheard constant foul mouthed people yelling at each other, I saw people smoking weed, obnoxious music blaring from cars all day, as well as the dj booth, public drinking & intoxication, a fight, and other crap.....

      this is supposed to be a family environment

      This show needs to be Un-Ghetto-fied if it's ever going to see it's original glory...."

    6. 05-27-2012 11:09 PM #41
      i think it was well worth . enjoy it .
      Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.
      brake light bulbs

    7. Member ArcticFox's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 4th, 2005
      Location
      Rockaway, NJ
      Posts
      1,514
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R32, 2004 Passat GLS 4motion (Sold), 1995 Passat GLX (Sold), 1994 Jetta 8v ITB'ed (Sold)
      05-31-2012 11:22 PM #42
      I went didn't really care for that much. I'm glad I didn't bring my nephew that likes cars. Also I found out the VW community doesn't car about having a car built for auto-x and actual racing seemed more about airbags, subs, & tint.

    8. 06-22-2012 01:26 PM #43
      it is so expensive

    9. Member dubidoobs's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2003
      Location
      On Top of West Durty Jurzy
      Posts
      1,830
      Vehicles
      MKII Alpine White GTi 2.1 16V (in the works) | "MKVI" PGM 2.0L CR TDi Wagon
      07-24-2012 11:29 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by ramon. View Post
      I'm sure this would hold some weight IF German Squad still had anything what so ever to do with this show.. But, considering they have been officially finished with it since spring show n go last year.

      There is a new club doing the show, and they are trying their best to bring it back. People dont realize how much work go into running a show of that size until they have something to do with the show.

      you took the words right out of my mouth...thanks, Ramon!!!!

      can't please everyone, and even if we did, NO ONE LISTENS TO THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THE SHOW!!!

      good example: cars getting classed. if you're showing, before you get to the show area you're given a placard of where to park so you can be judged according to (yes, even i tend to shudder at the fact that there are 50+ classes, but it's the same for Waterfest - this is another story) your model, level of modes, etc. Let's assume you're classed properly at the gate, but there are some cool guys that "yes" the folks classing the cars to death, but then go and park your car somewhere else (most likely with your other cool friends), then you end up not getting judged and get angry that you didn't get judged and blame the show, when in fact YOU DIDN'T LISTEN.

      it's a small, local show, yes I agree. but if it wasn't for this, some of the locals (and I mean NY/NJ by locals - more NJ) appreciate that there is such a show, catered to VW's & Audi's, without driving H2Oi miles, we'd have nothing...i'm just sayin'...

      if anyone that feels this show isn't handled well, step up and walk up to the club that runs the Watercooled show and offer your assistance? if you help out and work the show, AND you still think it's trash, then by all means continue with the 'Tex mentality of pouring out the haterade...

      just my 2 cents...
      a bad day in a Volkswagen, is better than a good day in a Honda...

      MKII Alpine White GTi 2.0/1 16V (in the works)
      MKVI PGM 2.0L 6MT TDi Wagon (daily driver)

      SLAM-N-EURO'Z

    10. Member warmchn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2003
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      221
      Vehicles
      83 VR Rabbit, 97 EK Hatchback
      04-14-2013 02:22 PM #45
      this is why i'm not there.....
      -JP
      83 VR Bunny
      "Oh...U mad?"

    11. Member dmitry88's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2006
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      1,836
      Vehicles
      1981 Jetta Coupe VR6, 2005.5 Jetta, 2001 Audi TT
      04-14-2013 09:53 PM #46
      Toooooo many VW classes, no Audi classes, passat CC class, REALLYYYY?!? And no TT class, wtf

    12. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2010
      Location
      Summit- N.J
      Posts
      84
      04-14-2013 10:20 PM #47
      I am just glad that a venue still cares enough to host an all VW/Audi event TWO times a year! And that the venue is close to home and they offer a place to race, show off if that interests you or a chance to find something you may need for your car or to pick up something small with a VW logo on it.
      Can the price be lower? Of course. But honestly...look at the overhead. Raceway Park pays somewhere north of $400k a year just in property tax! For your money, you get a day out in the sun looking at cars, a level of entertainment in the racing and a place to hang out with like minded people for the day. What does a ticket cost to go to a hockey game? Try buying 2 tickets to a football game for the day? Even a minor league game is $14 a person. I really can not see the argument of spending $20 to get into a venue for a day. Here is something to think about...why don't you guys spend an extra $5 more and RACE TROPHY CLASS! See how bad ass your parking lot champ is and you can park it right next to the show field when you do not want to race. Has anyone tried that lately?
      Of course with a large open area you will have drunk morons (happens during any sporting event and not every single one can be escorted out) and people that give you a bad impression of the hobby. But you passed by what, 5000 different people today and the 3 morons with a joint are what will push you away?
      In case you have not noticed, the VW hobby is a VERY SMALL NICHE market. There are only so many cars, fans and events to go around. With out the support of each other wether it be air-cooled, water cooled, show, race, swap....there will be nowhere to go to share a common bond with friends. It is something that needs your support to stay alive. If 100 people read this and don't show up next time, then the event is smaller and weaker. Now....the people attending THAT show may not show up because it is not as big or people bad mouth it. So next time around, there is even LESS people. And less. And less. Next thing you know, no more events because of the trickle down affect. Can't let that happen.

      As far as the same car, same wheels, and 14 red jettas with BBS wheels and an exhaust tip....why dont YOU do something different.?!?!! Make YOUR car stand out. Try something that no one or not many people have done. Make it unique and custom, not just a bolt on special. There is no progression without going outside the box.

    13. Member M3Dubbin1226's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 1st, 2005
      Location
      Ber-Town, Dirty Jersey
      Posts
      847
      Vehicles
      Too Many
      04-15-2013 08:42 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Krylon Monster View Post
      I am just glad that a venue still cares enough to host an all VW/Audi event TWO times a year! And that the venue is close to home and they offer a place to race, show off if that interests you or a chance to find something you may need for your car or to pick up something small with a VW logo on it.
      Can the price be lower? Of course. But honestly...look at the overhead. Raceway Park pays somewhere north of $400k a year just in property tax! For your money, you get a day out in the sun looking at cars, a level of entertainment in the racing and a place to hang out with like minded people for the day. What does a ticket cost to go to a hockey game? Try buying 2 tickets to a football game for the day? Even a minor league game is $14 a person. I really can not see the argument of spending $20 to get into a venue for a day. Here is something to think about...why don't you guys spend an extra $5 more and RACE TROPHY CLASS! See how bad ass your parking lot champ is and you can park it right next to the show field when you do not want to race. Has anyone tried that lately?
      Of course with a large open area you will have drunk morons (happens during any sporting event and not every single one can be escorted out) and people that give you a bad impression of the hobby. But you passed by what, 5000 different people today and the 3 morons with a joint are what will push you away?
      In case you have not noticed, the VW hobby is a VERY SMALL NICHE market. There are only so many cars, fans and events to go around. With out the support of each other wether it be air-cooled, water cooled, show, race, swap....there will be nowhere to go to share a common bond with friends. It is something that needs your support to stay alive. If 100 people read this and don't show up next time, then the event is smaller and weaker. Now....the people attending THAT show may not show up because it is not as big or people bad mouth it. So next time around, there is even LESS people. And less. And less. Next thing you know, no more events because of the trickle down affect. Can't let that happen.

      As far as the same car, same wheels, and 14 red jettas with BBS wheels and an exhaust tip....why dont YOU do something different.?!?!! Make YOUR car stand out. Try something that no one or not many people have done. Make it unique and custom, not just a bolt on special. There is no progression without going outside the box.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 26th, 2007
      Location
      19534
      Posts
      4,472
      Vehicles
      '08 touareg, '97 jb de x2, '86 vr6 Rocco, '84 8v Rocco, '95 Vr cabby "hers"
      04-15-2013 11:41 AM #49
      Me and a few friends went yesterday it was a good time my gf showed her car and won 3rd.
      We just decided to show for another 15$. The only thing I could say is we were pretty far away and could still barely hear talking to people. Music was a bit much not gunna lie.
      Old user "sweetrocco420"
      It's gunna flip http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t-Build-thread

    15. Member schizzy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 2009
      Location
      North jersey
      Posts
      105
      Vehicles
      2-SRT4's, B7 ocean blue a4, b3 passat
      04-15-2013 05:37 PM #50
      Good show but gotta agree with dmitry88 We really need 30 beetle classes and a different class for jetta and gti's? Than only 2 audi classes. Not fair if a early audi Tt has to go against a r8.

      Also judges should take points off for air ride. Not hard to drive at almost stock ride height. Drive at your show height that's a real challenge
      Last edited by schizzy; 04-15-2013 at 05:40 PM.

    16. Member Ericc.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2010
      Location
      Giants Stadium
      Posts
      14,071
      Vehicles
      yellow 20th and 96 harlequin
      04-15-2013 05:52 PM #51
      had a good time , i almost had a heart attack when i was told at the gate how much it was to show, with those prices i dont think im ever showing again lol literally myself and a couple others from ny were the last ones to leave hahah
      CORNSTATUS | MKIII Magazine | #BurnAllTheMK3s | HARLEQUIN | IG: @eric_englot
      Quote Originally Posted by White Jetta View Post
      You've never taken a satisfying dump until you've squatted down somewhere outside during a full moon night on top of a fresh snowfall, with the cool crisp winter air carressing your balls.
      Best dump I ever had!

    17. Member Albertkvw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2010
      Location
      Philly
      Posts
      698
      Vehicles
      99 golf, 03 jetta
      04-15-2013 08:23 PM #52
      its was OK, the price went up for sure but why? paying the same amount of money as for waterfest... for something 1/4 the size. should of went to philly

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 26th, 2007
      Location
      19534
      Posts
      4,472
      Vehicles
      '08 touareg, '97 jb de x2, '86 vr6 Rocco, '84 8v Rocco, '95 Vr cabby "hers"
      04-15-2013 09:27 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Albertkvw View Post
      its was OK, the price went up for sure but why? paying the same amount of money as for waterfest... for something 1/4 the size. should of went to philly
      From what I read around noon the cops starting clearing everybody out due to nobody getting a permit
      Old user "sweetrocco420"
      It's gunna flip http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t-Build-thread

    19. Member bomber vw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 30th, 2007
      Location
      Philadelphia, Pa
      Posts
      2,697
      Vehicles
      U will think I'm bragginnnnnn...
      04-15-2013 09:34 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by Krylon Monster View Post
      I am just glad that a venue still cares enough to host an all VW/Audi event TWO times a year! And that the venue is close to home and they offer a place to race, show off if that interests you or a chance to find something you may need for your car or to pick up something small with a VW logo on it.
      Can the price be lower? Of course. But honestly...look at the overhead. Raceway Park pays somewhere north of $400k a year just in property tax! For your money, you get a day out in the sun looking at cars, a level of entertainment in the racing and a place to hang out with like minded people for the day. What does a ticket cost to go to a hockey game? Try buying 2 tickets to a football game for the day? Even a minor league game is $14 a person. I really can not see the argument of spending $20 to get into a venue for a day. Here is something to think about...why don't you guys spend an extra $5 more and RACE TROPHY CLASS! See how bad ass your parking lot champ is and you can park it right next to the show field when you do not want to race. Has anyone tried that lately?
      Of course with a large open area you will have drunk morons (happens during any sporting event and not every single one can be escorted out) and people that give you a bad impression of the hobby. But you passed by what, 5000 different people today and the 3 morons with a joint are what will push you away?
      In case you have not noticed, the VW hobby is a VERY SMALL NICHE market. There are only so many cars, fans and events to go around. With out the support of each other wether it be air-cooled, water cooled, show, race, swap....there will be nowhere to go to share a common bond with friends. It is something that needs your support to stay alive. If 100 people read this and don't show up next time, then the event is smaller and weaker. Now....the people attending THAT show may not show up because it is not as big or people bad mouth it. So next time around, there is even LESS people. And less. And less. Next thing you know, no more events because of the trickle down affect. Can't let that happen.

      As far as the same car, same wheels, and 14 red jettas with BBS wheels and an exhaust tip....why dont YOU do something different.?!?!! Make YOUR car stand out. Try something that no one or not many people have done. Make it unique and custom, not just a bolt on special. There is no progression without going outside the box.

    20. Member spool'n up 1.8t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2003
      Location
      Dirty Jersey
      Posts
      808
      Vehicles
      86 Gti 92 Montana Green Gti 89 Golf gl 95 Jetta gls 00 Passat 1.8t 96 jetta gl 08 2.0t Wolfsburg
      04-16-2013 02:07 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by dmitry88 View Post
      toooooo many vw classes, no audi classes, passat cc class, reallyyyy?!? And no tt class, wtf
      fyi there are audi classes an there is a class for cc look on the back of the flyer

    21. Member spool'n up 1.8t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2003
      Location
      Dirty Jersey
      Posts
      808
      Vehicles
      86 Gti 92 Montana Green Gti 89 Golf gl 95 Jetta gls 00 Passat 1.8t 96 jetta gl 08 2.0t Wolfsburg
      04-16-2013 02:10 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by bomber vw View Post

    22. Member Ericc.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2010
      Location
      Giants Stadium
      Posts
      14,071
      Vehicles
      yellow 20th and 96 harlequin
      04-16-2013 05:23 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Albertkvw View Post
      its was OK, the price went up for sure but why? paying the same amount of money as for waterfest... for something 1/4 the size. should of went to philly
      they got kicked out fdr then went to ikea, then ikea got busted in no time then they went to KOP mall, KOP mall was 30 minutes away, to much driving just to get kicked out of places, would of spent more on gas in my car then id paid for show n go haha
      CORNSTATUS | MKIII Magazine | #BurnAllTheMK3s | HARLEQUIN | IG: @eric_englot
      Quote Originally Posted by White Jetta View Post
      You've never taken a satisfying dump until you've squatted down somewhere outside during a full moon night on top of a fresh snowfall, with the cool crisp winter air carressing your balls.
      Best dump I ever had!

    23. Member dmitry88's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2006
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      1,836
      Vehicles
      1981 Jetta Coupe VR6, 2005.5 Jetta, 2001 Audi TT
      04-16-2013 06:29 PM #58
      Spoolin your a genius and by genius I mean dumb

    24. Member stewie griffin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 23rd, 2008
      Location
      Woodbridge, NJ
      Posts
      1,271
      Vehicles
      '97 2.slow Jetta vr6 swapped, '95 2.slow gti
      04-18-2013 01:59 AM #59
      i thought it was iffy. the only thing that pissed me off was someone stealing my vr6 lip. roughly around 1030-12

    25. Member R32 1518's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      Staten Island, NY
      Posts
      2,031
      Vehicles
      Bagged MK4 .:R32
      04-19-2013 10:17 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Ericc. View Post
      had a good time , i almost had a heart attack when i was told at the gate how much it was to show, with those prices i dont think im ever showing again lol literally myself and a couple others from ny were the last ones to leave hahah
      Gravy

      Instagram: @nick_pederson

    26. Member spool'n up 1.8t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2003
      Location
      Dirty Jersey
      Posts
      808
      Vehicles
      86 Gti 92 Montana Green Gti 89 Golf gl 95 Jetta gls 00 Passat 1.8t 96 jetta gl 08 2.0t Wolfsburg
      08-12-2013 11:19 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by dmitry88 View Post
      Spoolin your a genius and by genius I mean dumb
      AN WHY IS THAT

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •