Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: InfiniteEcho's R32!

1. 04-26-2010 08:29 AM #26
      I actually can attest to the way cheeebs' car handles. Rode with him a few months back when I was looking at suspension mods and his car carves corners without even a bobble. Actually even made me a tad nervous in a couple of them, but the .:R never felt like it was out of sorts at any moment. Really help make my decision to run the HPA SHS coilovers. Now I'm waiting to do the RSB and Haldex Gen II.
      As for the exhaust, I think I got that one covered pretty well. I've gotten a few thumbs up while driving, so it must be very well received. Even if not, I like it.

Vehicles
      08 R32, 12 Taco
      04-26-2010 06:33 PM #27
      sent im to op

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      05-03-2010 09:12 PM #28
      Ordered some new parts! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I know some of you are interested in the paddle shifter extenders. I have ordered a pair so I'll let you know when I get them and of course add some pictures.
      Also ordered some yellow FTP bulbs and some aluminum knurled HVAC controls.
      Not much, but it's a start to making it mine.
      --Jesse

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI
      05-03-2010 09:35 PM #29
      Quote, originally posted by infiniteecho »
      Ordered some new parts! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

That's what I like to hear!

Vehicles
      heavy understeer and snap oversteer. PQ35 perfect.
      05-04-2010 12:18 AM #30
      paddle shifters... did you get the ones with tape?
      function/form

6. 05-04-2010 08:00 AM #31
      Quote, originally posted by infiniteecho »
      I know some of you are interested in the paddle shifter extenders. I have ordered a pair so I'll let you know when I get them and of course add some pictures.
      Also ordered some yellow FTP bulbs and some aluminum knurled HVAC controls.
      Not much, but it's a start to making it mine.
      --Jesse

yes, i am interested about this too...been thinking about this
      because unless i'm in a straight line, i prefer to manually shift with the stick---this is because i fumble to find the little shifters

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      05-04-2010 09:15 AM #32
      Quote, originally posted by cheeebs »
      paddle shifters... did you get the ones with tape?

So far as I know, all the paddle extenders are secured with tape. I couldn't find any that weren't.
      But, yes, I ordered the ones from ECS Tuning for 150 bucks.
      Quote, originally posted by gottaluvvw »
      because unless i'm in a straight line, i prefer to manually shift with the stick---this is because i fumble to find the little shifters

I have that problem too. I am hoping this solves it.
      --Jesse

Modified by infiniteecho at 9:16 AM 5-4-2010

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      05-06-2010 10:02 AM #33
      Cheebs,

I've seen the VAG-COM locator link and emailed a number of people on there but no one replied. Kind of given up on it. It's easier to ask around here. No luck with that either though it seems.

I am way too impatient to be ordering parts that are backordered! Can't wait to get the parts in and start making her my own!

--Jesse

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      08-14-2010 12:20 AM #34
      Hello All,

Long time no see.

I lost my normal job just after I posted I had ordered parts. Well, that order got canceled while I went into extreme money save mode.

Well, I start a new job on Monday and to celebrate I had to get my car a couple things I promised her 2 months ago.

GIAC ECU and DSG flashes were applied today as well as a little VAC-COM coding.

While it's not a kick in the pants the tuning made a noticeable difference in power especially in the mid range like everyone has said and being able to rev to 7200 is interesting. Sure sounded great in a tunnel I blasted through.

The DSG tune is really where it's at though. It really wakes the transmission up. The shifts are *much* better. I never liked down shifting into 2 or 1 as my car was always a little jerky with it, now it's as smooth as me doing it myself! I do wish it held the gear in manual mode vs moving it up to the next gear, how do they expect me to do doughnuts in the snow bouncing off the rev limiter now? (). I haven't had a ton of time to play with it all but I am looking forward to getting to know it. I have the 4300 rev launch control file but not had a chance to play with it. I noticed a caution in the file: *4300 RPM LAUNCHES ARE HARD ON CLUTCH PACKS* so I don't think I'll be using that too often.

R32 getting tuned:

Just after a 4 hours 3 stage wax and polish:

Trying to decide what to get for her next.

10. Banned
      08-14-2010 12:29 AM #35
      Lower it

Vehicles
      heavy understeer and snap oversteer. PQ35 perfect.
      08-14-2010 11:26 AM #36
      congrats on the new job and being back in the game.

Vehicles
      2011 GTI (sold)
      08-14-2010 01:13 PM #37
      Coilovers

B&G's to be exact.

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      09-14-2010 06:33 PM #38
      Ah, it's been too long. Lets see here...

I spent some money at HPA's site last week.

SHS Coils + Sport Haldex controller + switch. I was sad after reading the clunk thread, but they're assuring me that I won't have that issue as mine are going to be from a different batch where the issue has already been resolved. Those are coming directly from Germany so those won't be here for some time. I did however get some stuff from UPS today

I love the paddles. They make it so much easier to find the shifters in the corners.

The AWD controller gets install Friday. I am excited for that.

On a sad note though: 2 weeks ago I helped my gf get a great deal on a brand new fully loaded 2010 Jetta TDI to replace her stupid Prius. Today she was in an accident with it. Fortunately she is okay and so was the other person. There looks to be about 6K worth of damage to the front of the car. Spent all day getting that stuff sorted out with her. Hopefully it'll be good as new in less than 2 weeks. Didn't even have 800 miles on it.

14. 09-14-2010 07:34 PM #39
      I may have missed it. But, who is doing all your work in Boston? Pro-Spec?

Vehicles
      2008 R32
      09-14-2010 07:51 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
      I may have missed it. But, who is doing all your work in Boston? Pro-Spec?
      I'm curious too. I noticed you have Rhode Island plates which puts you about 45mins south of Boston. I think Banchwerks is down there somewhere.

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      09-14-2010 09:44 PM #41
      I am actually living 15 min north of Boston in Malden. Just not changed my plates over yet since I am moving to CA in a year or so. Not worth the MA RMV hassel.

I am getting all the work done at EastCoast European in Greenland, NH. It's a bit of a drive but the guys are awesome there. I got my GIAC ECU and DSG reflashes as well as some VAG-COM work.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend them to anyone looking to get work done in the greater Boston area.

Vehicles
      Personal: 1997 LS1/T56 V90 Work: 2012 Camry L
      09-14-2010 11:22 PM #42
      Also glad to see you getting back on your feet and back on the upgrade wagon!

Unfortunately I've had to take a break from upgrades myself as I am having my first "unplanned" experience with unemployment

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      09-14-2010 11:41 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by R3Drew View Post
      Also glad to see you getting back on your feet and back on the upgrade wagon!

Unfortunately I've had to take a break from upgrades myself as I am having my first "unplanned" experience with unemployment
      Yeah man, that is no fun. I was lucky that I have my own company that pays the bills and then some.

I am super cautious with my money, but it feels good to be able to spend without worry again.

Keep your head up though. There are more and more jobs or there.I was lucky enough to stumble into one that I love. I hope the same for you.
      Last edited by infiniteecho; 09-17-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: typo

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI
      09-15-2010 12:02 AM #44
      Paddles are looking good!

I love mine.

Vehicles
      Personal: 1997 LS1/T56 V90 Work: 2012 Camry L
      09-15-2010 12:18 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      Yeah man, that is no fun. I was lucky that I have my own company that pays the bills and then some.

I am super cautious with my money, but it feels good to be able to spend without worry again.

Keep your head up though. There are more and more jobs or there.I was lucky enough to stumble into one that I love. I how the same for you.
      I appreciate the kind words , I'll be back on the wagon soon too so no worries!

Vehicles
      2008 R32
      09-15-2010 12:30 AM #46
      Ah cool. yeah I myself drive up to concord, NH for all my work. So I am very familiar with 93N

22. 09-15-2010 07:55 AM #47
      In for pics and reviews once you get the HPA coilovers installed. I LOVE mine, but always like to see what others think of them.

Vehicles
      2008 UG .:R32 , 2011 Brown JSW TDI
      09-15-2010 09:32 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      Ah, it's been too long. Lets see here...

I spent some money at HPA's site last week.

SHS Coils + Sport Haldex controller + switch. I was sad after reading the clunk thread, but they're assuring me that I won't have that issue as mine are going to be from a different batch where the issue has already been resolved. Those are coming directly from Germany so those won't be here for some time.
      So let me get this straight. They know there is "an issue" with our coils. We did all that work for them. However, they have them FIXED now? Sooooo the customers that have been waiting almost a year to actually get this resolved are not being informed nor is our setup being replaced? REALLY? REALLY? F U HPA!

24. 09-15-2010 09:50 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by sareth View Post
      So let me get this straight. They know there is "an issue" with our coils. We did all that work for them. However, they have them FIXED now? Sooooo the customers that have been waiting almost a year to actually get this resolved are not being informed nor is our setup being replaced? REALLY? REALLY? F U HPA!
      Didn't you get that memo?

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      09-15-2010 09:56 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by -jakrbt- View Post
      Didn't you get that memo?
      Yea, we'll see if that is actually the case or if I am just being told that so I don't demand a refund...

I guess we'll know in a month or so.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast