Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: InfiniteEcho's R32!

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-11-2010 09:46 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by -jakrbt- View Post
      Wheels look good, man. Even better once you get those HPA's on, though. Pics after the install are mandatory.

I think of all the pics, # 8 is my favorite. Got a nice upward angle on it and everything in the shot just works. What camera/lens for that shot?
      No doubt. Can't wait to get those puppies on there.

That is my second favorite of my car. I shoot with an old Sony Alpha 200K and the basic lens that it came with. Got it about 3 years ago to learn how to shoot with a DSLR but I think I've out grown it at this point. I'd like to get something a little nicer in the near future.

Thanks for all the complements everyone!

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI
      10-11-2010 10:46 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post

It's all good. That'll be fixed this week.
      My man.

Are your wheels 19"s?

I know you've probably told me, and I apologize for not going back a few pages and searching.

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-11-2010 11:22 AM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
      My man.

Are your wheels 19"s?

I know you've probably told me, and I apologize for not going back a few pages and searching.
      Turns out it won't be next week. The guy I normally let work on my car is out of town on vacation. Who takes those?

So, next week, I am hoping I can get them done if I am in town.

I am running 19x8.5 et45. They sit pretty flush so I am worried about rubbing if I go much lower. Tires are 225/35/19 and there is a very slight amount of stretch so I am hoping I'll be able to just sneak by.

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-12-2010 11:24 AM #104
      wo0t, shop time on the calendar. Wed @ 9:30AM the coils go in!

Now to not explode with excitement before then. Brakes are 3 week away as well!

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-12-2010 11:34 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
      Infiniti, after seeing that image you just linked up dude, you're so not cool.

What you do in your personal life is your business. Just keep it off the forums!
      hahahah, c'mon, my head just asploded from all the excitement! Get your mind out of the gutter!

Vehicles
      MK6 JSW 2.5L / 71 Squareback / Suzuki M109R
      10-13-2010 04:34 PM #106
      awesome build. cant wait to see your R on coils.
      gone: 07 Rabbit, 07 A4, 08 R32, 10 CC, 81 Rabbit

EVAC

Vehicles
      heavy understeer and snap oversteer. PQ35 perfect.
      10-13-2010 06:05 PM #107
      i love this pic!

function/form

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-14-2010 04:05 PM #108
      Thanks for all the complements guys.

@rabbit07 -- I can't either!

Vehicles
      '08 .:R # 1958, '06 A3 2.0T and '84 GTI 2.0
      10-14-2010 05:23 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by 10Ten View Post
      i love this pic!
      Agreed, and +12 for a sick CW

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      r32
      10-16-2010 02:58 AM #110
      niiiice

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-20-2010 08:26 PM #111
      I think you know what time it is...

These came in the mail:

So I took them to him (Mark at East Coast European) to put them in:

Fronts in:

Rears in:

Final Result:

Misc shots from the day:
      Their wall of fun / shame?

Screw mod done + bend the tab all the way back up and painted it black to blend in:

Vw!

I want to go lower, but I rub too much. It took a ton of tuning but we got it just right I think. I only rub when I push it really hard and it's a rough road surface, even after the screw mod. I'd have to roll the fenders to get any lower and I'm not ready to do that yet.

Mark @ ECE is the man and was really patient with me while we fine tuned the right height. Anyone that needs work done in the Boston area should really give them a call.

My HIDs are pegged to the floor right now. I need to double check the angle arms to make sure they're pointing the correct way. Anything else I need to do? (Av / PSU / 10Ten this is looking at you)

Vehicles
      2008 R32
      10-20-2010 08:39 PM #112
      I bet the level sensor just popped out. It's at the rear and when you take out the rear suspension it basically just pops off and maybe your installer didn't put it back in or it just came out again. I'd bet money thats what it is.

Vehicles
      heavy understeer and snap oversteer. PQ35 perfect.
      10-20-2010 08:50 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by Nanozic View Post
      I bet the level sensor just popped out. It's at the rear and when you take out the rear suspension it basically just pops off and maybe your installer didn't put it back in or it just came out again. I'd bet money thats what it is.
      also check that it still auto levels. the dogleg part of the sensor can easily get bent the wrong way, then it won't level and it may throw a code or two. if there are codes you need to clear them, but simply loosening the works enough to bend the dogleg in the correct direction should be all you need. if your auto leveling is not working, that is.

cool that you got it so low, it looks right. you know i am not that low on my SHS kit... i'm probably a good inch higher than you, and i rub on hard compression and always have... and i have the screw mod, rolled inner lips, and massaged wells on 235/45R17's.
      function/form

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-20-2010 09:05 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by 10Ten View Post
      also check that it still auto levels. the dogleg part of the sensor can easily get bent the wrong way, then it won't level and it may throw a code or two. if there are codes you need to clear them, but simply loosening the works enough to bend the dogleg in the correct direction should be all you need. if your auto leveling is not working, that is.

cool that you got it so low, it looks right. you know i am not that low on my SHS kit... i'm probably a good inch higher than you, and i rub on hard compression and always have... and i have the screw mod, rolled inner lips, and massaged wells on 235/45R17's.
      Yea, I did some searching and I am going to go have a look at it tomorrow. Just wanted to see what you guys had to say too.

I am running 225/35/19 which is why I was able to get so much lower.

15. Banner Advertiser VMRWheels's Avatar
      10-20-2010 09:05 PM #115
      YES! Perfect way to end the work day

By the way, when you come out to Cali, you're dropping by our photo studio for a shoot. You have no say in the matter

Next stop? BBK World!

edit: Forgot to mention, I have another local customer who is running the same setup as you, with different tires & rolled fenders without any issues. Really, rolling isn't a difficult or aestheticly-altering procedure, it may be worth looking into if you want to pursue a lower drop and/or more hard driving.
      Last edited by VMRWheels; 10-20-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-20-2010 09:07 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
      YES! Perfect way to end the work day

By the way, when you come out to Cali, you're dropping by our photo studio for a shoot. You have no say in the matter

Next stop? BBK World!
      Sounds like a plan!

Brakes were ordered today. They'll be in the mail on Friday. Nov 2nd is the day!

17. Banned
      10-20-2010 10:02 PM #117
      Car looks great with the drop

Vehicles
      '08 CW R32, '74 BMW 2002tii
      10-20-2010 10:29 PM #118
      drop looks perfect to me
      Rigi Cola.

"The VR6 was an orchestra of well-tuned cylindrical delights." - jalopnik.com

19. 10-21-2010 07:54 AM #119
      Looks great, echo! I'd almost be willing to bet, though, that you could possibly tuck some tire if you rolled the fenders, though. It's not really all that difficult to do, even with just a baseball bat, as long as you heat them first. Look around, though, and see if you can find somenone who will lend/rent you an Eastwood Fender Roller tool. I mean, you could buy one for like $250, but you'd probably only use it once or twice unless you rented it out to other people. I considered that myself, but being that I do VAG-COM tweaks for free, I don't really see myself charging people to borrow a tool, either, or even doing the work for them. Just how I am.

Now that you have the HPA's installed, it's only fair for you to give us a review on them. I know my thoughts about them and I know how the Dr. feels about them. Now it's your turn. I don't think I've seen anyone run them with 19" wheels. At least I haven't read any reviews of that set-up.

How much did you lower the ride height btw?

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-21-2010 10:10 AM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by -jakrbt- View Post
      Looks great, echo! I'd almost be willing to bet, though, that you could possibly tuck some tire if you rolled the fenders, though. It's not really all that difficult to do, even with just a baseball bat, as long as you heat them first. Look around, though, and see if you can find somenone who will lend/rent you an Eastwood Fender Roller tool. I mean, you could buy one for like $250, but you'd probably only use it once or twice unless you rented it out to other people. I considered that myself, but being that I do VAG-COM tweaks for free, I don't really see myself charging people to borrow a tool, either, or even doing the work for them. Just how I am.

Now that you have the HPA's installed, it's only fair for you to give us a review on them. I know my thoughts about them and I know how the Dr. feels about them. Now it's your turn. I don't think I've seen anyone run them with 19" wheels. At least I haven't read any reviews of that set-up.

How much did you lower the ride height btw?
      I don't think I need to go any lower. I'm already going to have a hell of a time getting in and out of a lot of the places I frequent.

I'll have to let you know how I like them once I get some more seat time. Haven't had time to really drive on them yet.

Went down almost an inch. A little less.

Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      10-21-2010 10:33 AM #121
      looks perfectly perfect.
      you are a brave man running 19"s!
      WITW

Vehicles
      2008 TR R32, 2013 S4
      10-21-2010 12:11 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      looks perfectly perfect.
      He is, I know it has been a long time since my days of tearing up the streets of Boston, but I am pretty sure you still need to slalom raised manhole covers, cripples, hungry college vegans, and bums, and that is just the Fens.

But it will test his Jedi driving skills, avoiding city womp rats

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      10-21-2010 02:21 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      looks perfectly perfect.
      Thank you and yeah -- They're 1500lb rated tires so I am hoping with such a stiff side wall I'll protect the wheels some.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wiggley View Post
      He is, I know it has been a long time since my days of tearing up the streets of Boston, but I am pretty sure you still need to slalom raised manhole covers, cripples, hungry college vegans, and bums, and that is just the Fens.

But it will test his Jedi driving skills, avoiding city womp rats
      This made me LOL. I lived right in the Fens for 6 years. I've been dodging pot holes and all kinds of other road debris in RI for years. I live on RT1 now just north of Boston and it's been more of the same. In about 8 years of driving I've only had to replace one tire and that was because I was trying to catch up / stare at an S8 and not watch for the massive craters on i93N

Thanks for the continued complements.

Fixed the HIDs today. Looks like the front metal arm walked off the lower plastic connector. Put that in, cycled the lights 2x and we're back in business.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      10-22-2010 11:06 AM #124
      dyno that ****

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI
      10-22-2010 11:15 AM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      My HIDs are pegged to the floor right now. I need to double check the angle arms to make sure they're pointing the correct way. Anything else I need to do? (Av / PSU / 10Ten this is looking at you)
      Yeah, you possibly have the levelers pointed the wrong way.

Aside from that; once your ride height is dialed in, just go back and make sure your collars are locked. Then get an alignment.

Car looks really good! Just needs some clear or CW sidemarkers.

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast