Thread: OT: Projekt Haus II

1. 11-23-2010 09:57 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by R'chitect View Post
      nice one. you use kreons?

2. Senior Member
      11-23-2010 10:00 PM #107
      New Zealand Institute of Architects Award November 10th:

Workshop, a shop fit-out in an existing Ponsonby building, by Pohio Adams Pty Ltd, was the only winner in the Interior Architecture category.
      Jurors said the fitout employed elegance and restraint to achieve its aims and was "a fine example of architecture closely and productively allying itself with fine art".

http://workshop.co.nz/

I'm happy with my career, just not my bank account.
      I would love to utilise your service one day...if you are cheap. I am Azn afterall.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      11-23-2010 10:30 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by VDUB2C View Post
      speak with your bank manager/broker as well before deciding.. banks HATE the words OWNER and BUILDER put together. I understand what you're going for by circumventing the MBA, however to a bank it's clear cut.

Just saying make sure your money is sorted before starting up.
      happy to help if need be
      Thanks Yianni, that's all under control...

We've looked into that and it's not problem with either of our options of ANZ or NAB. In the end we have decided to stick with ANZ, firstly, which means we have a good 10+ year history with them (which probably means SFA to them anyway, haha) and, secondly, our mortgage broker has been through the owner/builder process so is happy to lend advice too.

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      11-23-2010 10:31 PM #109
      New Zealand Institute of Architects Award November 10th:

Workshop, a shop fit-out in an existing Ponsonby building, by Pohio Adams Pty Ltd, was the only winner in the Interior Architecture category.
      Jurors said the fitout employed elegance and restraint to achieve its aims and was "a fine example of architecture closely and productively allying itself with fine art".

http://workshop.co.nz/

I'm happy with my career, just not my bank account.

Nice one.

Vehicles
      Audi A3 2.0TQ, VW Jetta 2.0T
      11-23-2010 10:38 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by VDUB2C View Post
      speak with your bank manager/broker as well before deciding.. banks HATE the words OWNER and BUILDER put together. I understand what you're going for by circumventing the MBA, however to a bank it's clear cut.

Just saying make sure your money is sorted before starting up.
      happy to help if need be
      That's interesting - luckily I don't need permission from the bank for the extra cash that I need as
      I am owner building also. My OB permit is in hand / approved, my section 96 is about to be cleared, I have just given the structural engineer the go ahead to redo his plans based on my changes, hopefully within 2 - 3 weeks I will be ready to submit my papers for Construction certificate and away we go

I am chomping at the bit, can't wait to start !!
      Quattro drivers do it on all fours....

6. 11-23-2010 11:30 PM #111
      good luck! building a home is something i've never done, it looks kinda daunting...
      like i wouldn't bother unless it's gonna turn out exactly how i want it. tradies can be hard to work with....hahahaha

Vehicles
      Audi A3 2.0TQ, VW Jetta 2.0T
      11-24-2010 12:34 AM #112
      good luck! building a home is something i've never done, it looks kinda daunting...
      like i wouldn't bother unless it's gonna turn out exactly how i want it. tradies can be hard to work with....hahahaha
      I don't fear a challenge and can be controlling enough when required to make sure things turn out the way I want them to.

You built up a car yeah, you had challenges, you ended up sorting them out, and ultimately you had the car exactly the way you wanted it to be despite dodgy workmanship which had to be repaired / rectified. Same goes with a house building project, although just on a grander scale - I am sure you could do it jimaco.
      Quattro drivers do it on all fours....

8. 11-24-2010 01:02 AM #113
      yeah i suppose so. i always look at skyscrapers and wonder....but then i remember it's like one level at a time, replicated and stacked like pods, with elevator/utility shafts. it's like the old-school greek way of saving money - save $10, keep doing it and you'll soon have $1000 hahaha

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      11-24-2010 03:57 AM #114
      Well, we just had a positive meeting with our original builder and look set to start making a mess in early-mid January.

Vehicles
      Ibiza Cupra 16v
      11-24-2010 07:01 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
      Well, we just had a positive meeting with our original builder and look set to start making a mess in early-mid January.
      The one before the dude with insurance issues?

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      11-24-2010 07:06 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by mikinoz View Post
      Nope, the insurance dude was the original builder, even before we met the architect.

Vehicles
      '10 Golf GTD
      11-25-2010 10:58 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by mikinoz View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Lima
      Nope, the insurance dude was the original builder, even before we met the architect.
      but who's on first...
      VW MKVI Golf GTD - Black | Sunroof | MDi | Manual | RNS-510 | Hyper Silver GTC CX 18" | ChipExpress

13. 11-26-2010 01:48 AM #118
      yes, that's right

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      04-18-2011 05:31 AM #119
      Thanks Yianni, that's all under control...

We've looked into that and it's not problem with either of our options of ANZ or NAB. In the end we have decided to stick with ANZ, firstly, which means we have a good 10+ year history with them (which probably means SFA to them anyway, haha) and, secondly, our mortgage broker has been through the owner/builder process so is happy to lend advice too.
      Famous last words above.

On paper it was all good, but it took ANZ 4 weeks to say no we won't lend you the money. And Yiannai was right, it was all related to their panic over the owner-builder scenario. That was late January.

Back to Plan B; NAB. It's taken about 8 weeks for them to finally say yes, which included saying yes once, sending us all the paperwork, we signed it and sent it back and then they said, no we won't do it. More fart arsing around holding their hand explaining it to them AGAIN (there's different rules in ACT compared to NSW, so it took a while for that to register, haha) and they said yes about three weeks ago.

Then ANZ took a couple of weeks to sign off on NAB paying out our loan and switching over. Man, what a fkn ballache this has been.

Now the fun begins, small chance the garage will be knocked over this week, otherwise it will come crashing down after Easter.

Vehicles
      Ibiza Cupra 16v
      04-18-2011 09:02 AM #120
      It's about now that we should subscribe to this thread!

***As I lean back into couch whilst channelling Kevin McCloud, my inner cynic is feeling like this could be quite fun thread to follow ***

04-18-2011 12:39 PM #121
      i'll just leave this here for when you decide on a new dunny

http://kohler.com/numipressrelease/#comfort.html

Vehicles
      BMW/Ford/Colnago/Blackhawk/DMR
      04-18-2011 05:15 PM #122
      Good luck Lima and Char!!

When you hit the furnishing stage check out www.grandfathersaxe.com.au

18. 04-18-2011 06:46 PM #123
      Great news! Sounds like you'll be making use of our 'restaurant' pretty soon.....

Famous last words above.

On paper it was all good, but it took ANZ 4 weeks to say no we won't lend you the money. And Yiannai was right, it was all related to their panic over the owner-builder scenario. That was late January.

Back to Plan B; NAB. It's taken about 8 weeks for them to finally say yes, which included saying yes once, sending us all the paperwork, we signed it and sent it back and then they said, no we won't do it. More fart arsing around holding their hand explaining it to them AGAIN (there's different rules in ACT compared to NSW, so it took a while for that to register, haha) and they said yes about three weeks ago.

Then ANZ took a couple of weeks to sign off on NAB paying out our loan and switching over. Man, what a fkn ballache this has been.

Now the fun begins, small chance the garage will be knocked over this week, otherwise it will come crashing down after Easter.

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      04-18-2011 08:17 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by TMK-001 View Post
      Good luck Lima and Char!!

When you hit the furnishing stage check out www.grandfathersaxe.com.au
      That's awesome Todd, thanks. I wish I knew about that when I was in town. I went to some good stores around Johnston St in Fitzroy, but none were as good as that one.

20. 04-18-2011 09:10 PM #125
      That's awesome Todd, thanks. I wish I knew about that when I was in town. I went to some good stores around Johnston St in Fitzroy, but none were as good as that one.

You into that stuff? We've got a dresser of that style in storage downstairs. Come and get it.

Its even got sliding glass. I don't think the rats have chewed it yet.

Vehicles
      MY08 WRX (SGP) Mk II GTI (AUS)
      04-18-2011 09:56 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by Saxton Hale View Post
      i'll just leave this here for when you decide on a new dunny

http://kohler.com/numipressrelease/#comfort.html
      wowsers, that's epic! I am TOTALLY getting one of those when I buy an apartment (they all need bathroom reno's). When you stay over, would you sit one of those, or still go down to the communal dunnies at the pool every time you need to take a dump?

edit: hmmmm, I've just remembered that electricity is illegal in bathrooms in Singapore. Damn...

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      04-18-2011 10:04 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by IML337 View Post
      wowsers, that's epic! I am TOTALLY getting one of those when I buy an apartment (they all need bathroom reno's). When you stay over, would you sit one of those, or still go down to the communal dunnies at the pool every time you need to take a dump?

edit: hmmmm, I've just remembered that electricity is illegal in bathrooms in Singapore. Damn...
      That's easy, put it in your lounge room!

04-18-2011 11:14 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by IML337 View Post
      When you stay over, would you sit one of those, or still go down to the communal dunnies at the pool every time you need to take a dump?
      LOL f*ck your hightower toilet naga!

Vehicles
      '10 Golf GTD
      04-18-2011 11:26 PM #129
      Famous last words above.

glad it got sorted in the end!
      VW MKVI Golf GTD - Black | Sunroof | MDi | Manual | RNS-510 | Hyper Silver GTC CX 18" | ChipExpress

Vehicles
      04-20-2011 07:17 AM #130

You's gotsa help a brotha out...

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      05-03-2011 07:20 PM #131
      Bye bye garage.

Vehicles
      Ibiza Cupra 16v
      05-03-2011 07:24 PM #132
      Garage looks bigger without your sh!t in it!

And about time. You're excited yes?

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      05-03-2011 07:39 PM #133
      Excited, a little. Also a bit uncertain about what it will be like living there while chaos surrounds us.

Not much will happen (again) for a few days by the looks as the demolition people have changed their mind about wanting the perimeter fence up before they knock down the garage and not after as they had previously advised. So the builder is trying to coordinate the fence today, hopefully they'll be sorted soon.

Vehicles
      05-03-2011 08:35 PM #134
      I've grown up half my life living in houses "under construction" from a new house we built in Ocean Grove when I was born to an Edwardian place in Geelong that we totally renovated in Laura Ashleys finest in the 1990s, the 1940s place mum and dad did in Mt Gambier to the 1950s apartment I had to run around the block to my sisters house to shower at each day to the Projekt Haus I in Geelong again...

You survive! Then you forget about the pain and consider doing it all again a few years later after you finish your place! Hahaha!

I'm "gathering" inspiration for Projekt Haus III right now... 3-5 year plan to "build a grand designs house" with my friend who is an architect for Jam Architects in Richmond/Sth Yarra and my brother in law who is a builder down my way...naturally I watch your Projekt with great interest!

There was 2 houses on the current series of Grand Designs that I really like... They did a reno on a 1960s place that they just basically built over (they were putting yogurt and cow shiit on the wall) and the one the young azn chick did in her mums back yard... They both reminded me of your project...

Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      05-03-2011 09:19 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by TMK-001 View Post
      I'm "gathering" inspiration for Projekt Haus III right now... 3-5 year plan to "build a grand designs house" with my friend who is an architect for Jam Architects in Richmond/Sth Yarra and my brother in law who is a builder down my way...naturally I watch your Projekt with great interest!

There was 2 houses on the current series of Grand Designs that I really like... They did a reno on a 1960s place that they just basically built over (they were putting yogurt and cow shiit on the wall) and the one the young azn chick did in her mums back yard... They both reminded me of your project...
      The Asian chick's house was really nice.

The other house was nice too, but they totally did over the character of their old house that they said they wanted to keep. In the end that may as well have knocked it over. The whole roof tile saga gave me the sh!ts, the answer was obvious, but using recycled concrete roof tiles for the studio extension must scream "I AM A POOR PERSON" over in the UK, haha.

Vehicles
      Skoda RS TDI
      05-04-2011 03:21 AM #136
      My missus and I are planning a grand design house as well. Niki is an architect and we always planned to eventually build something interesting somewhere. We have finally finished the reno’s on our apartment so now it’s time to move to the next project.

As of last week we may have found some land perfect for what we are looking for. Heading back out again this weekend for another look. I have already started sketches of the garage/workshop that I want to design.

I want concrete monolithic, missus not so keen. Will be a 2+yr design then build probably. (Took us two years just to design our wall unit – hoping this will be a bit quicker)

Vehicles
      05-05-2011 07:48 PM #137
      The Asian chick's house was really nice.

The other house was nice too, but they totally did over the character of their old house that they said they wanted to keep. In the end that may as well have knocked it over. The whole roof tile saga gave me the sh!ts, the answer was obvious, but using recycled concrete roof tiles for the studio extension must scream "I AM A POOR PERSON" over in the UK, haha.
      All that really reminded me of you were the bakerlite door handles in the kitchen! Your place has much more character than the brick box they started with did. I liked where it went, but the original structure was really just a traffic island they built around in the end.

I got the distinct impression the host wanted to slip one to the azn bird... He had a fair Stiffy every times he spoke about/to her!

Vehicles
      Skoda RS TDI
      05-14-2011 04:35 AM #138
      So this is the new project house. One acre of land in St Albans (Bout 1.5hr drive from Bondi) close to the Hawkesbury river.

Property is two separate titles with the cottage and barn on one piece and the other empty. We will do some tinkering to the existing places and use as weekender and to rent out. (Both are one bedroom) Will slowly design something interesting for the other block. Might build a glass dining room between the two existing places for now.

Is an awesome little town and perfect for keeping a ski boat to head out on the river, MTB trails , MX trails etc. I also now have access to a 10Ha common that is set aside for all town residents. (80 total) Has a lake with Bass in it for some fishing action.

The local. Around 300m away.

05-14-2011 06:07 AM #139
      Looks FANTASTIC! Congrats

35. Senior Member
      05-14-2011 08:11 PM #140
      Wow that is totally awesome chris! I've offends thought about a rustic country property with a proper nice fireplace, but then when I start thinking aboutaintanence of the land, snakes etc, I just give up.
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast