Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** Official iPhone Applications Thread NO APPS POSTS ALLOWED OUTSIDE THIS THREAD ***

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      05-23-2011 02:20 PM #71
      D'oh, not jailbroken.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      I just want to know why OP thought making a thread in The Car Lounge would help him in any way... We've got a bunch of dudes telling him to "pepper his angus," and an insurance agent who just made a 2:30 appointment to **** someones wife. Classic TCL.

Vehicles
      09 jetta SE
      07-15-2011 06:20 PM #72
      pageonce is a good app for financial tracking. it puts all your bills, accounts and transactions together. reminds you of how much you spend, tracks bills, sends you notifications, its free and a good money watcher. super safe.. takes 2 passwords to log into
      AKdub | I NY | THREE.8.WERKS...Ferdinand's Crew | Wheel Build | IG: @AKrapheal

Vehicles
      99.5 A4 1.8tqm
      07-27-2011 12:50 AM #73
      For any cyclists out there, imapmyride is pretty cool. Uses the GPS to log your route, and also tracks speed, time etc. There's also an ANT+ iphone adapter so you can use cadence/speed/heart rate sensors. It can also be uses for, running and hiking too.

Kinda surprised no one posted Dynolicious yet. It uses the accelerometer to measure your 0-60 time, later g's, HP, what-have-you. A bit pricey though

Fram Gas Cubby - Keeps track of your service and gas expenses. I only use it for the gas part. Gives you an average MPG, logs all your expenses, logs fill up locations

Skobbler - Free GPS. It's not bad, I think it's better then the AT&T navigator

Flashlight - Always comes in handy in a dark room. For pre- iphone 4 owners, it just turns the screen white, and for those of you with the 4, it uses the LED, which is a million times better

For games:
      Fruit Ninja
      Warship
      Robokill
      Last edited by nthomas33; 07-27-2011 at 12:53 AM.

4. 07-28-2011 10:53 AM #74
      The ones that get me through the day

Fragger
      Words with friends
      Hanging with friends

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Miatas, 2 Saabs, & a G35 sedan
      09-29-2011 05:50 PM #75
      Just picked up a great app while on business travel; CardMunch

You take pictures of business cards, the app transcribes it to a basic CRM program, then allows you to instantly send out invites to that person to join you on LinkedIn, add the contact to your Native contacts app, or send an email to that person. And you can still view the photo of the original card.

And the price is right.... free

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 2005 Vstrom 650
      11-06-2011 04:45 PM #76
      OK, not sure if this is the right place for this:

After several years of using a Droid, we ended up switching over to iPhone. Not because I had any issue with Droid, it was because we were able to get into new phones for free versus paying hundreds of dollars. So here's my question(s):

I'm already noticing how limited (to me anyway) the iPhone is with regards to "freedom". For example, on my Droid I could use any MP3 file for a ringtone, notification, etc. I guess I can't do that for the iPhone? I even converted one in Garage Band and sync'd to my phone and it still doesn't show up. With regards to apps, Android Marketplace had tons of free apps and even the pay ones had free versions that could be downloaded to use. iPhone is primarily pay?? My biggest issue right now is that I want to be able to customize the sounds on my phone and I don't want to use the pre-installed generic sounds. I used to have some Big Lebowski sounds on my Droid and I'm trying to find some for the iPhone. Only app I could find in iTunes didn't allow me to set any of the clips as ringtones or notifications, so what are my options? I can find plenty of stand alone MP3 or WAV files on the net, but as I understand it, I can't use them on the iPhone then??? Again, bear in mind I've had this thing for a little over 24 hours and I'm still trying to figure it out.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      11-07-2011 04:57 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      I'm already noticing how limited (to me anyway) the iPhone is with regards to "freedom". For example, on my Droid I could use any MP3 file for a ringtone, notification, etc. I guess I can't do that for the iPhone?
      Look Here for doing ring tones.

I never had an Android phone, but I'm assuming you were able to make a lot of the tones you wanted on the phone. For the iPhone, I'm thinking you have to use a computer to customize them. It's really not that tough to do.

8. Member
      11-07-2011 10:25 PM #78
      Lol yes you can use mp3s as ringtones, in itunes you have to put them into a ringtones section and then sync it. But naturally you'd want to cut the size of the ringtones to like 20-30 seconds.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      11-17-2011 04:25 PM #79
      So US Bank just revised their app so that it's a totally secure, in-house controlled program. You can take a picture of a check you want to deposit and submit it electonically. Funds verified and the deposit is available in 48hrs. Holy crap.

Vehicles
      83 TD Jetta, 68 Bus, 83 2dr Jetta 16V, 1971 Kawasaki H1 500
      12-01-2011 04:26 PM #80
      Has anyone tried any of the Universal Remote Control apps & hardware?
      Been looking at the griffin Beacon with Dijit app or the Harmony Link. Like the non dongle types beter because the dongles would not fit or work with my case. The Whole home Theatre style remote. The 2 I listed are not exactly $1.99 apps but have hardware to purchase & are close to $100
      Others are cheaper but I think these 2 have the best pre-programmed device selections.

I have the Apple Itunes Remote & like it a lot. This got me thinking about more options for remotes.

I'll ask the Home Theatre guys too.

Vehicles
      83 TD Jetta, 68 Bus, 83 2dr Jetta 16V, 1971 Kawasaki H1 500
      12-01-2011 05:06 PM #81
      Some of my games
      Four in a Row - Just like Connect Four
      Sudoku
      Solitare
      Vegas Video Poker
      Adrenaline Pool - Play others online
      Angry Birds + Seasons free

Some mobile webs I use
      Paypal
      Netflix
      Taptalk
      Craigslist mobile
      Google Search - you can talk to it.

Some cool Garage & vehicle related stuff
      BOSCH Light'em Up - Dyno app
      Logworks - for the Dyno
      Speed Pro - Cool speed & data logging & can integrate the camera for logs.
      Unitwizard - to convert ALL kinds of measure
      Flashlight
      iHandy Level
      iEngineer - Shows drill sizing for taps, US screws, fractions to dec & mm, gotta Pay for the metric bolts...
      Bolt & Nut - Shows actual size display to compare & size fasteners, including thread pitch in SAE & Metric.
      Garage Buddy - MANY useful calculators for automotive use.
      Hazet tool catalog
      OSRAM bulb - shows bulb numbers for most cars, except mine... too old.

Other Misc iphone only
      find iPhone
      RL Classic - barcode reader
      QR Reader
      Alarm Clock
      My Verizon
      Wi-Fi Finder - free wifi hot spots.

I think there are only 3 apps that I have paid for out of the list
      taptalk, Bosch & one other...

Vehicles
      09 MKV Rabbit, 2001 MKIV Jetta Wolfsburg
      01-08-2012 08:37 PM #82
      I use a cpl good apps

swellinfo: it a surfforcast app that give surf reports in many surfspots around the world.

Dragon Go: it like siri but with no talk back.

Instagram: its a camera app and you can share ur photos via facebook or twitter and follow other friends instagram photo post aswell.

Smart Sync. it sync facebook and contacts in your phone together since the facebook app wont sync with iphones like it does with android based phone.
      Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
      Wait wait wait...what? You'll go down on her...but won't kiss her afterward because "it's gross"? The fvck?

MADEYULK.COM FACEBOOK

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI DSG & 2002 Golf 2.0
      01-23-2012 08:23 AM #83
      I like Zite. You put in your interests and it's like a personalized blog of news stories.

Time Machine is cool, a big time killer. Select a year and it's all videos from it, i.e. sports, games, tv, movies, ads etc.

Vehicles
      2003 20th Anniversary GTI, 1966 Variant, 1976 Bunny, 1996 GTI VR6, 1991 Variant
      02-01-2012 03:00 PM #84
      What the hell happened to my Y! Sketch? They're trying to shuffle me into their Yahoo Search app. Any opinions on the new one?
      Mike S. SacWater
      '03 20th Anniversary - '96 GTI VR6
      '91 B3 Variant - '76 Mk1 - '66 T3 Variant
      *Duc*Duc*Hawk(GT)*
      The Ranch Run - Wuste "Cogito, ergo zoom!" RIP David E.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      02-01-2012 07:48 PM #85
      I recently found PhotoSynth. It's a cool photo stitching program that allows you to take a pano or 360 view photo and then be able to control the view angle in the finished photo.

I really like Dragon Dictation for tracking notes, making emails and sending texts. It's not perfect, but I still like it.

Vehicles
      2001 W.E Jetta
      02-29-2012 01:44 PM #86
      I like waze works pretty well for a basic navigator. Says its designed for commuting not really navigating.

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      02-29-2012 01:51 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by XClayX View Post
      I like waze works pretty well for a basic navigator. Says its designed for commuting not really navigating.
      I made the mistake of using Waze to navigate through DC a few months ago. It took me from China town to National's Park- the complete opposite direction of where I was going. It's also so slow to recalculate. If I missed a turn it would recalculate to a next turn that I had already passed by. I finally had to pull over so it could get it's bearings.

Utterly useless. I ended up using google maps.

Vehicles
      '75 Eldorado vert, '13 Sierra Denali CC D/A, '11 Outback 3.6R
      03-25-2012 01:53 AM #88
      Read most of this thread and Googled to no avail...

Looking for an app/workaround that will allow profile settings on a non-JB 4S. In short, I want a bedside mode that permits a handful of specific callers/texters to break through while the rest get silenced.

My old BB's did this for free. My current Droid X does it with a $3 app. I'm not encouraged by what I've seen so far.

Anything?
      Cary

'13 Sierra Denali 2500 CC D/A
      '11 Outback 3.6R
      '12 FLHTCUI
      '75 Eldorado ragtop

Forum Rules

05-17-2012 02:47 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
      Just picked up a great app while on business travel; CardMunch

You take pictures of business cards, the app transcribes it to a basic CRM program, then allows you to instantly send out invites to that person to join you on LinkedIn, add the contact to your Native contacts app, or send an email to that person. And you can still view the photo of the original card.

And the price is right.... free
      I cant agree more , its a fantastic app and no more wasting days typing in bushiness cards at the office !

Vehicles
      11-01-2013 01:41 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by Rockhead261 View Post

Looking for an app/workaround that will allow profile settings on a non-JB 4S. In short, I want a bedside mode that permits a handful of specific callers/texters to break through while the rest get silenced.

My old BB's did this for free. My current Droid X does it with a $3 app. I'm not encouraged by what I've seen so far.

Anything?
      Doesn't Do Not Disturb do that for you? Lets you set a list of special people that it'll lt thru & silences the rest.
      Mike S. SacWater
      *Duc*Duc*Hawk(GT)*

Vehicles
      11-01-2013 01:47 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Rockhead261 View Post

Anything?
      Doesn't Do Not Disturb do that for you? Lets you set a list of special people that it'll lt thru & silences the rest.
      Mike S. SacWater
      *Duc*Duc*Hawk(GT)*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123