Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2272

    Thread: ***Post in here regarding vBulletin Changes/Suggestions/Problems***

    1. Member vr6jettajay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2006
      Location
      Titsville, FL
      Posts
      1,472
      Vehicles
      81 rabbit diesel 4dr, 00 golf gls tdi 4dr
      05-25-2010 02:03 PM #1601
      I just noticed today my timestamps are off on posts. I have my timezone set to Eastern Standard (-5hrs GMT) with detect daylight savings automatically selected. Currently all posts are showing 1 hour behind real time.
      2003 Jetta GLX VR6 - sold
      1984 Cabriolet Wolfsburg - traded
      1981 Cabriolet - traded
      1986 Golf GL sold

    2. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2000
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      36,701
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      05-25-2010 02:13 PM #1602
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6jettajay View Post
      I just noticed today my timestamps are off on posts. I have my timezone set to Eastern Standard (-5hrs GMT) with detect daylight savings automatically selected. Currently all posts are showing 1 hour behind real time.
      I have the server set to EST with daylights savings time, so I don't know why you are having time issues. Mine are fine?

    3. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 11th, 2001
      Location
      Baltimore, MD
      Posts
      19,123
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      05-25-2010 02:17 PM #1603
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      I have the server set to EST with daylights savings time, so I don't know why you are having time issues. Mine are fine?
      As are mine.

      -Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

      VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

    4. Member vr6jettajay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2006
      Location
      Titsville, FL
      Posts
      1,472
      Vehicles
      81 rabbit diesel 4dr, 00 golf gls tdi 4dr
      05-25-2010 02:23 PM #1604
      I changed it from automatically detect DST, to DST corrections always on and it corrects the timestamp to reflect real time, however previously auto detect had been working properly.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________

      Also its nice to see close to real time feedback and support in this thread. However some of these things are nigly issues. The update on the status of archived threads would be nice since it was promised yesterday. As well as the relative importance to a major part of this forums traffic.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________

      Posted on 05-23-2010 @ 04:58 PM
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      I will have an update on the status of archived threads tomorrow.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________

      Current Announcement Activity
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG (Administrator)
      Announcement: List of items we're working on... (Updated 5/20/10 @ 4pm EST)
      Last edited by vr6jettajay; 05-25-2010 at 02:59 PM.
      2003 Jetta GLX VR6 - sold
      1984 Cabriolet Wolfsburg - traded
      1981 Cabriolet - traded
      1986 Golf GL sold

    5. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,703
      Vehicles
      7.4, 5.7 & 5.3
      05-25-2010 02:23 PM #1605
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      I have the server set to EST with daylights savings time, so I don't know why you are having time issues. Mine are fine?
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverSLC View Post
      As are mine.

      -Tim
      Same here.

    6. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2000
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      36,701
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      05-25-2010 02:59 PM #1606
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6jettajay View Post
      I changed it from automatically detect DST, to DST corrections always on and it corrects the timestamp to reflect real time, however previously auto detect had been working properly.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________

      Also its nice to see close to real time feedback and support in this thread. However some of these things are nigly issues. The update on the status of archived threads would be nice since it was promised yesterday. As well as the relative importance to a major part of this forums traffic.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________

      Posted on 05-23-2010 @ 04:58 PM


      Current Announcement Activity
      I have a conference call shortly to discuss this, but it seems that it will be at least another week before we have archived threads back.

    7. Senior Member SAPJetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2001
      Location
      East Bay, CA
      Posts
      27,040
      Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      05-25-2010 03:02 PM #1607
      WTF happened to the main page? I just have a bunch of blue lines now?
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

    8. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2000
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      36,701
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      05-25-2010 03:08 PM #1608
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPJetta View Post
      WTF happened to the main page? I just have a bunch of blue lines now?
      This is fixed. We removed some of the redundant navigation links at the top of the forum.

      - Anthony

    9. Member Matt@EuroJerks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2006
      Location
      Northeast
      Posts
      12,442
      05-25-2010 03:08 PM #1609
      Did you take away the "new posts" button. the old "active topics" button?

    10. Senior Member SAPJetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2001
      Location
      East Bay, CA
      Posts
      27,040
      Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      05-25-2010 03:10 PM #1610
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      This is fixed. We removed some of the redundant navigation links at the top of the forum.

      - Anthony
      Beautiful. I mentioned the links awhile back. Looks much cleaner now.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

    11. Member Veedubin02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2002
      Location
      Ashburn, VA
      Posts
      8,731
      Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8T, 2003 Audi A4 3.0Q, 2009 VW CC Sport, 2011 JSW TDi
      05-25-2010 03:11 PM #1611
      What happened to my ability to view subscribed forums? Why not have a User CP link in the upper right hand list like other VB forums to easily get to subscribed forums and threads?

    12. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2000
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      36,701
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      05-25-2010 03:11 PM #1612
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt@EuroJerks View Post
      Did you take away the "new posts" button. the old "active topics" button?
      Active topics? Do you mean "subscribed threads"? That is available via "My Settings"

      I'll see about getting new posts back. However, how often was that used?

    13. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2000
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      36,701
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      05-25-2010 03:12 PM #1613
      Quote Originally Posted by Veedubin02 View Post
      What happened to my ability to view subscribed forums? Why not have a User CP link in the upper right hand list like other VB forums to easily get to subscribed forums and threads?
      It's under "my settings", or just click on "my posts" and it will show you all of the subscribed threads with new posts.

    14. Member Veedubin02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2002
      Location
      Ashburn, VA
      Posts
      8,731
      Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8T, 2003 Audi A4 3.0Q, 2009 VW CC Sport, 2011 JSW TDi
      05-25-2010 03:14 PM #1614
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      It's under "my settings", or just click on "my posts" and it will show you all of the subscribed threads with new posts.
      Sweet thanks.

    15. Banner Advertiser nothing-leaves-stock's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2006
      Location
      5780 Main street center valley PA 18034
      Posts
      23,549
      Vehicles
      a few.
      05-25-2010 03:25 PM #1615
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      It's under "my settings", or just click on "my posts" and it will show you all of the subscribed threads with new posts.
      i like the "my post" thing now...but when i click it...only 4-5 show up? the you have to lick."see all"? and then all the sub. post are there. anyways to "one click" to all post?


      also...i know...i'm bugging...but i have no green banner or im or post limit still...sorry to bug
      www.nothingleavesstock.com
      NLS's full line of parts on our online store!http://nothingleavesstock.com/online...=0&sort=normal
      Email us at sales@nothingleavesstock.com 5780 Main St. Center Valley PA 18034 610 282 5487

    16. Member Matt@EuroJerks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2006
      Location
      Northeast
      Posts
      12,442
      05-25-2010 03:30 PM #1616
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      Active topics? Do you mean "subscribed threads"? That is available via "My Settings"

      I'll see about getting new posts back. However, how often was that used?
      No I mean every new post across all forums. It recently just disappeared.

    17. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2000
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      36,701
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      05-25-2010 03:30 PM #1617
      Quote Originally Posted by nothing-leaves-stock View Post
      i like the "my post" thing now...but when i click it...only 4-5 show up? the you have to lick."see all"? and then all the sub. post are there. anyways to "one click" to all post?
      You mean subscribed threads? You can go to "my settings" then subscribed threads if you want to see them all.


      also...i know...i'm bugging...but i have no green banner or im or post limit still...sorry to bug
      You do now. In your profile you can choose your own avatar, however I set it so that advertisers can only choose their corresponding advertiser avatar.

    18. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2000
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      36,701
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      05-25-2010 03:31 PM #1618
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt@EuroJerks View Post
      No I mean every new post across all forums. It recently just disappeared.
      I remember "new posts" but I don't remember "active toppics" being a link.

    19. Banner Advertiser nothing-leaves-stock's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2006
      Location
      5780 Main street center valley PA 18034
      Posts
      23,549
      Vehicles
      a few.
      05-25-2010 03:36 PM #1619
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      You mean subscribed threads? You can go to "my settings" then subscribed threads if you want to see them all.




      You do now. In your profile you can choose your own avatar, however I set it so that advertisers can only choose their corresponding advertiser avatar.
      wow, quick, thanks! sorry to bug you! i know your busy as heck!

      yes, at the top it say "my post" i click on that and 5 random of my subscribe threads come up..not only my posts tho.....
      can there be a link at the top like the "my post" that will go straightr to a "my subscribed" thread link? on just hit it like you said?
      www.nothingleavesstock.com
      NLS's full line of parts on our online store!http://nothingleavesstock.com/online...=0&sort=normal
      Email us at sales@nothingleavesstock.com 5780 Main St. Center Valley PA 18034 610 282 5487

    20. Member Matt@EuroJerks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2006
      Location
      Northeast
      Posts
      12,442
      05-25-2010 03:38 PM #1620
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@VMG View Post
      I remember "new posts" but I don't remember "active toppics" being a link.
      Thats what I mean. it was the NEW POST link up near the top right by my username. Is that gone for good?

    21. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2000
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      36,701
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      05-25-2010 03:44 PM #1621
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt@EuroJerks View Post
      Thats what I mean. it was the NEW POST link up near the top right by my username. Is that gone for good?
      You really want to see every new post across all forums since the last time you visited?

    22. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2000
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      36,701
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi A5, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      05-25-2010 03:48 PM #1622
      Quote Originally Posted by nothing-leaves-stock View Post
      wow, quick, thanks! sorry to bug you! i know your busy as heck!

      yes, at the top it say "my post" i click on that and 5 random of my subscribe threads come up..not only my posts tho.....
      can there be a link at the top like the "my post" that will go straightr to a "my subscribed" thread link? on just hit it like you said?
      Yes, go to "My Settings" and then click on "Subscribed Threads" and it will list all of them.

    23. Member Troike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 21st, 2003
      Location
      poOregon
      Posts
      5,643
      Vehicles
      SAAB 99; SAAB 900 turbo; ford ranger
      05-25-2010 03:58 PM #1623
      So I'm sure it was intentional due to forum changes / software testing, but all the links at the top (settings, quick navigation, profile, message notification etc) have just disappeared in the last hour.


      overall very impressed with how quickly things have moved along.
      Wasn't a fan at first but now I think Vortex 3.0 (?) is even better
      << so it Hz >>

      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      for every good post in this thread there are 10 illiterate people mashing buttons on their keyboard
      NASOC 2014

    24. Banner Advertiser nothing-leaves-stock's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2006
      Location
      5780 Main street center valley PA 18034
      Posts
      23,549
      Vehicles
      a few.
      05-25-2010 03:59 PM #1624
      ok fair enough...
      so whats the "my posts" link for?
      www.nothingleavesstock.com
      NLS's full line of parts on our online store!http://nothingleavesstock.com/online...=0&sort=normal
      Email us at sales@nothingleavesstock.com 5780 Main St. Center Valley PA 18034 610 282 5487

    25. Member KlutchKing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2008
      Location
      Pace / Pensacola, FL
      Posts
      408
      Vehicles
      '03 VW GTI 1.8T & '63 VW Beetle
      05-25-2010 04:03 PM #1625
      Every time I click on a thread in the MK4 How To / DIY forum I get this message:


      "vBulletin Message
      No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"



      What does this mean and/or is it my computer that's not working right?

    Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •