Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Street Fighter 4

1. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      05-07-2010 12:05 PM #1
      I haven't played a street fighter in forever, so i bought this last week and have been practicing.

i need alot of practice, i'm really new to competitive fighting games like this and i'm using crimson viper who I heard is tough to learn

if anyone wants to play, quinntendopower is my tag and i'm usually on in the evening

game is absolutely incredible though, i love it so far

so far, this new vortex really sucks ass though.

Vehicles
      Gti 16v, 07' 4Runner
      05-07-2010 12:32 PM #2
      Awesome fightstick, I have the first edition stick. I spilled beer on it on the joystick stopped working. I hope it will work tonight after it dries out. lol. SSF4 is a fun game, I get annoyed how blanka or vega players do the same moves over and over; I hate cheap players.

Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      05-07-2010 01:09 PM #3

Vehicles
      2007 VW Golf
      05-07-2010 03:52 PM #4
      I got a Hori Real Arcade Pro EX. I'm on usually in the mornings. I main Blanka and Boxer and I'm not that good so practice is always welcome. XBL: nakoruru007
      ごめんね。。。ね
      "I've been pitying fools for 28 years" - Mr. T

05-07-2010 04:02 PM #5
      bought it last week, but haven't had time to play it yet. I'm still good with Balrog and Guile, but will have to relearn all the SF3/Alpha characters again.

XBL: UncannyJerry

6. 05-08-2010 01:57 PM #6
      I hope you re-mapped the buttons on the marvel stick to the correct sf layout

I just got a round2 version of that stick to go along with my custom one I made. It's a great stick. I hate the sanwa buttons so I might switch those to Seimitsu ones.

if anyone wants to play I'm down. I'm on ps3. PSN: Polic. Just let me know your from the vortex.

7. 05-08-2010 03:21 PM #7
      Crimson Viper is tough to learn because she is different
      I got so so with her but only used her online in the non ranking matches

Im pissed that the game was not a DLC add on and really do not want to pull the trigger on this version but something tells me i will because im a street fighter whore

although they brought my fav Adon back - i will tear **** up with him

Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      05-15-2010 12:31 PM #8

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      05-17-2010 02:25 PM #9
      I've been playing this a lot with a couple of friends...loving Codys design and attitude, nothing pisses my friends off more than his taunts and Ultras....'yer borin' the crap outta me'...and 'BINGO!!!!' lovin it

10. 05-17-2010 07:15 PM #10
      Finally got my Ibuki and Ryu to C level.

11. 05-17-2010 07:16 PM #11
      quinntendopower1 I'm assuming you're on xbox not PS3? Too bad, after years of hearing how great you are at games, I'd love to actually kick your ass at something

12. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      05-18-2010 01:34 AM #12
      ha! i'm no good at this game yet, but i'm improving.

give me a good 6 months of daily hourly practice and i'll be flowing. it's still really overwhelming to me. i haven't learned enough to "play in my head". once that happens, thats when i become quinntendopower.

i don't talk **** unless i'm good at a game.

13. 05-18-2010 04:25 PM #13
      Just play online and you'll get better very fast. Some folks online are simply amazing.

Vehicles
      Gti 16v, 07' 4Runner
      05-18-2010 05:11 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Stupid-GTi View Post
      Some folks online play cheap as hell
      Fixed it for ya.

15. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      05-19-2010 01:18 AM #15
      it's not cheap. there is no cheap really, you just need to play more

if you get good enough timing with the links and general mix/cross ups, it's a matter of starting something.

16. 05-19-2010 11:56 AM #16
      if throwing a guy for an entire round is cheap - then im cheap

but if you cant figure out how to get past that go and practice some more

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      05-19-2010 12:41 PM #17
      People have said "cheap" since the dawn of video games, throws are cheap, special moves are cheap, etc on & on....theres always a counter for EVERYTHING. it all comes down to execution and practice. you need to be dead reliable in your move set. My saddest realization was when I found in my older age that my skills have declined, in High School I used to hustle SF at the liquor store before school for lunch money, now when I play online I lose to button mashers and kids with far quicker reaction times but me and my friends still have fun so its all good

18. 05-19-2010 02:50 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Notch__Johnson View Post
      People have said "cheap" since the dawn of video games, throws are cheap, special moves are cheap, etc on & on....theres always a counter for EVERYTHING. it all comes down to execution and practice. you need to be dead reliable in your move set. My saddest realization was when I found in my older age that my skills have declined, in High School I used to hustle SF at the liquor store before school for lunch money, now when I play online I lose to button mashers and kids with far quicker reaction times but me and my friends still have fun so its all good
      to be honest - online is a crap shoot

connection speed can make some of the worst players competitive

i know i lost in the final match of a tournament by some guy who landed an ultra i thought i had blocked

i go start a new tournament but was the host this time and almost had back to back perfects on him

i should just start an arcade and eliminate the lag

Vehicles
      01 MKIV jetta 20VT, DC2 Teggy, 12' CC
      05-19-2010 03:04 PM #19
      What's difference in gameplay between SFIV and super SFIV? I know there's more characters, just wondering if it's worth buying.

cool video!

|PSN: Turbo-MK4|Book Of Many Faces|HatethewordSTANCE|18x9.5et20|Flickr|Instagram & Twitter: @Richiemk4rich|
      Quote Originally Posted by dangerkart View Post
      you usually just unzip and pull down, or so i've heard

20. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      05-20-2010 12:24 PM #20
      it's more characters, some bonus stages, more balancing, and the endless lobby which is like being at the arcade. you can watch until it's your turn.

plus it's 29.99 right now on amazon

21. 05-20-2010 06:14 PM #21
      ya super takes everything normal SF4 is and makes it better. I wouldn't even waste my time with sf4 anymore. Super is where it's at.

And moves are only "cheap" if you keep falling for them. Top players don't lose to "cheap" players, and there's a reason why.
      Last edited by Stupid-GTi; 05-20-2010 at 06:16 PM.

22. 05-20-2010 06:18 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by quinntendopower1 View Post
      it's more characters, some bonus stages, more balancing, and the endless lobby which is like being at the arcade. you can watch until it's your turn.

plus it's 29.99 right now on amazon

you really need to stop with these amazon deals

seriously i bite probably 75% of the time when i see something like this

Vehicles
      2007 VW Golf
      05-20-2010 07:12 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Stupid-GTi View Post
      ya super takes everything normal SF4 is and makes it better. I wouldn't even waste my time with sf4 anymore. Super is where it's at.
      Until Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo comes out...
      ごめんね。。。ね

24. 05-21-2010 11:15 AM #24
      I have SF4. Played a bunch when I was in Italy (no LIVE connection), and was going through the special stages until I returned back to the states. Didn't play much online when I returned to the states cuz either I was getting my ass handed to me on the norm or when I was winning the other player logged out. I have the genesis style controller, figured I'd get a fight stick to play much better (used my buddy's once and I was a lot better with it). If SSF4 drops down in price I'll go against what I originally stated and hop on it. At $30 it's not bad but I just feel rubbed the wrong why paying $60 (well, I got it used from a buddy for $30 about 2 months post launch) new and a year later for not too many additions $40 again. Seems some of you say it's a lot better than SF4 though so dunno..

25. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      05-21-2010 11:59 AM #25
      30 bucks is a steal. especially if you intend on getting competitive with it, or just want to chill with friends.

the endless lobby is so awesome, just like being at the arcade!

DONT BUY THIS USED!

support capcom!

Vehicles
      Gti 16v, 07' 4Runner
      05-24-2010 05:14 PM #26
      What about the turtle players that sit and wait the whole round? Thats cheap.
      The ones with Chun-li that just low kick is their only move?
      Or the blanka players that do the ball over and over.
      The Gen players that kick you in the air a dozen hits and the hit the ultra and catch u as u fall?
      I can play cheap too, but I choose not to.
      Saying the is no cheap gameplay is like saying throwing dirt in your eyes during a real fight is fair.

Love this game regardless

27. 05-25-2010 01:23 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by 3danimator View Post
      The Gen players that kick you in the air a dozen hits and the hit the ultra and catch u as u fall?
      Saying the is no cheap gameplay is like saying throwing dirt in your eyes during a real fight is fair.

Cheap is only if you fall for it.

Players that turtle and don't move...do the same. Let the timer run out if you have to. They'll get frustrated quicker than you.

If a chun player only does low kick...jump over it. Easy enough.

Blanka balls are easily stuffed with a jab or DP

Gen players...try blocking. works like a charm.

People play cheap because it gets them wins. Once you stop falling for their cheap moves, they'll stop playing cheap.

05-25-2010 02:42 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by 3danimator View Post

"Cheap" because you don't know how to get out or reverse them. For every "cheap" there is a counter. Turtle players are on the defensive, especially charge characters. If you don't know how to put pressure or zone them, it's your own fault and not "cheap." Sure there are some bad match up players, but a good player will know what to do.

Vehicles
      Gti 16v, 07' 4Runner
      05-26-2010 12:39 PM #29
      I can counter just fine, doesn't mean I enjoy playing against a dumba$$es that keeps doing the same thing over and over again. Screen name: w4ver1der
      if you want to find out.

05-26-2010 12:56 PM #30
      Sounds like you are frustrated against players who are doing the same thing "over and over" or spamming you. If you already know they are spamming you, then you should certainly know how to open that up if you are good. Watch players like Daigo, Alex Valle, John Choi, or Ricky Ortiz who will just zone perfectly with pokes and "spam fireballs" until you open up to a mistake. Not cheap imo.

Vehicles
      2007 VW Golf
      05-26-2010 02:16 PM #31
      I kind of understand where 3danimator is coming from. I play as charge characters (blanka and boxer) and it's frustrating playing against people who just do defense or spam fireballs. When I play the game I just play it to have fun, so if I take a bit of damage getting close to you then so what. But it is annoying when all they do is fireball or turtle. All you folks are saying... well if you are good enough you should be able to counter it and punish them. I agree but not everyone has the time to dedicate to the game. Or when they play the game against friends there is no BS like that so the opportunity to learn doesn't come up until you play online.

Much respect to the pros but watching them play is a snooooze fest. All it is is defense... poke... retreat... poke...retreat... uppercut. Basically who ever finds an opening first wins. This doesn't apply to everyone but I'm just sharing my observation of what I saw at EVO last year.

ごめんね。。。ね

05-26-2010 03:19 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by NaKoRuRu View Post

Much respect to the pros but watching them play is a snooooze fest. All it is is defense... poke... retreat... poke...retreat... uppercut. Basically who ever finds an opening first wins. This doesn't apply to everyone but I'm just sharing my observation of what I saw at EVO last year.

That's how a lot of high level defensive play is. Can't afford mistakes. People like Valle or Daigo are a beast though and always on the attack. So awesome watching them play.

Casually playing with attack always on the mind will only get you so far against high level players. The moves and counters are there. It's up to you how to utilize and when not to get stuck in "cheap" situations.

33. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      05-27-2010 12:14 AM #33
      The reason why "cheap" players win because it's much easier and predictable to use quick shots rather than open up a big move and get thrown or countered.

I used to play a lot in the old days against many good players, I've never played defensive. It's boring.

But I can understand in a tournament, you just want to win and move on to the next bracket. It doesn't pay to let people scout your techniques and then pick you apart or chose your counter character.

Against cheap players, often you have to fake them out and put pressure on them to make them jump. The key is to get out of their defensive corner.

I've fought against some of the best Guile players and usually win when you keep the pressure on them and make them jump.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      05-27-2010 10:19 AM #34
      Saw this video on my subs list on Youtube. This is an example of how a rushdown "pro" match can be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhkPdh-_IU

05-27-2010 01:07 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Notch__Johnson View Post
      Saw this video on my subs list on Youtube. This is an example of how a rushdown "pro" match can be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhkPdh-_IU
      one of the best Fei Long players I've seen.
      I love watching these guys. Poke checks, counters, ridiculous cancels...its all there.

Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast