Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Street Fighter 4

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      05-27-2010 01:13 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Jerry_HEAVEN View Post
      one of the best Fei Long players I've seen.
      I love watching these guys. Poke checks, counters, ridiculous cancels...its all there.
      I love people who use the "low tier scrub" characters. Fei, Rose, Sakura, DAN .....plus anyone who can give Sagat an ass whooping is ok in my book...fuggin GOD Tier bastard!!!!!

this match was great because is wasnt the usual Daigo/Ryu user zone match. Daigo has skills but I love variety in matches

2. 05-27-2010 05:03 PM #37
      That fei long was awesome. Padlong they were calling him in the chat lol

He knocked off sabin as well. He lost to Flash but he would have lost to Justin Wong in the finals anyway.

Still a sick player.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      05-29-2010 01:39 AM #38
      Decided to take things online for the first time tonight...ran into so many Ryus, Kens, couple of Sagats, then I hit the wall of Zangiefs that were laggy matches....FFFFuuuuuu thats frustrating!!!! Met a cool Cody player that invited me to an Endless Lobby for some mirror matches, was all fun until this guy joined and OWNED us with Abel and Gouken until he got bored

best thing is when people dont know the Cody match up and get hit with his Super and Ultras...they get so pissed! got my first hate mails...

Fun times

/End Blog Rant/Facebook/Twitter/Cool Story y0 post
      Quote Originally Posted by backinthegame View Post
      Plus, if it gets cold, you can close the door and start the car up. It'll heat the place up in no time to help you sleep.
      Team 7-Up Keepin It Fresh! [llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] - Clever Response Loading.... Please wait.

4. 05-30-2010 12:47 PM #39
      Cody is weak.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      06-01-2010 10:14 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Stupid-GTi View Post
      Cody is weak.
      Meh, true, he has pretty low power but I like him. I have fun. I'm not trying to be the best. I like a challenge. When youre in the sub 1000BP area like me, you fight Ken, Ryu, Sagat, Zangief, Akuma and now Guile. Its someone new to play around with. I've ran into two other Cody users that were really good and a guy who mained Hakan. it makes the matches so much more enjoyable. I'm not saying he'll ever be tournament worthy or even upper tier, but he's a blast to use IMO

http://www.youtube.com/user/OptionSe.../1/jr06BafBGeQ
      Plus, if it gets cold, you can close the door and start the car up. It'll heat the place up in no time to help you sleep.
      Team 7-Up Keepin It Fresh! [llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] - Clever Response Loading.... Please wait.

6. 06-02-2010 10:55 AM #41
      Chris hu uses Cody in tournaments.

7. 07-15-2010 05:02 PM #42
      Did everyone just stop playing this?

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      07-15-2010 05:18 PM #43
      I like most people these days have short attention spans...only the die hard keep at it. Like CODMW2 I think a problem with SSF4 is that they sort of made it too casual friendly. shortcuts, flowchart antics, etc.

I play it a lot, but typically offline. My reason is that a lot of people take it way too serious and if they dont win they get angry. I'd play a lot more but most of my friends dont play it and the ones that do play with me are absolute beginners so I've sort of reached a plateau...not really good enough, but not really getting better :shrug:

theres tons of people on http://shoryuken.com/forum/ if you want to find peeps to play with

9. 07-15-2010 05:51 PM #44
      ya I'm on SRK..I was just wondering if anyone here still played.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      07-15-2010 06:02 PM #45
      ya I'm on SRK..I was just wondering if anyone here still played.
      I think the majority around here are FPS and Racing game players....ask around XBOX Live PSN Gamer tags thread...might be some folks up to play

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      07-15-2010 06:43 PM #46
      I have yet to win a full match online. It seems I get 1 round and then the people switch styles to the "missile" attacks and then when you try to get past, counter.. until you get fed up with it and you both play too defensively. I cannot for the life of me play defensively at all. Not having a dedicated "block" button kills trying to defend yourself.

I also have a problem with Seth, Zangief, Cammy, Abel, and DAN CPU characters, as they do the same 'ol $hit tricks that get me every single time.

I've gotten pretty good with Dudley and Guy (trying to do Guy's ultras gets me angry as a mofo)

Online rank: 0-PP, 0-BP

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      07-15-2010 06:54 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post

I've gotten pretty good with Dudley and Guy (trying to do Guy's ultras gets me angry as a mofo)

Online rank: 0-PP, 0-BP

Keep it classy...

Just have fun, learn the basics and stick with it. Make some friends and play in private rooms. its a lot more fun than playing the CPU....I play on PS3 so if you want you can hit me up for some chill games. I have no problem being someones training dummy

Vehicles
      2007 VW Golf
      07-16-2010 01:12 AM #48
      I still play this also. I just usually play offline or local vs mode. I'm a blanka/boxer player but Makoto seems interesting to me lately.
      ごめんね。。。ね
      "I've been pitying fools for 28 years" - Mr. T

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      07-16-2010 02:01 AM #49
      Played online some more today, it was fun!

Here's a few things that bothered me:

Zangief, Seth, and E. Honda players like to spam (SPAM!) the same move over and over and over and over and over. along with #1

Juri players like to throw out the purple "flame balls" (?) often. Ken and Ryu players like to hadoken even more than Juri players when they start to lose.

My final gripe is...Lag sucks.

Other than that, the people were good. Although... I did have to apologize to one guy because I used corkscrew cross 3-4 times in the first rounds.

Edit: I tried my luck today... got whoooped badly the whole hour I played.
      Last edited by horribleR; 07-17-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Vehicles
      92 Satin Silver Corrado SLC, 02 Laser Red Audi S4, 98 Windsor Blue Jetta GLX, & 08 Honda CBR 600RR
      07-19-2010 09:39 PM #50
      Im on almost everyday on the ps3, if anyone wants to play. S/n is in my signature
      PSN =cocotaso218
      XBL =cocotaso218

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      08-07-2010 01:52 AM #51
      Bumping this up,

I played against a fairly great Balrog (aka Boxer?) player who said I won because of luck (I managed to out ultra his ultra, Corkscrew Cross FTW!) Which was true so we decided to do a rematch, I lost. Ended up with basically me and him (or her) training against each other for about an hour.

He gave me some really great advice for flameball characters. Apparently Dudley's dash move can go through hadouken's and what not. Which I didn't know and I would usually just jump or block them to advance. So if it was one of you guys that faced, horribleatit (my psn) and helped me.

Kudo's to you!

Also, Gouken is the best anti-Chun Li character ever!
      Last edited by horribleR; 08-07-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      08-08-2010 03:35 AM #52
      Since when were there more Dudley players!? I faced 3 in a row tonight... went 2-1, The first guy I fought was good at defense.

I guess it's time to find a new main character...

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      08-10-2010 01:55 AM #53
      wow, my 3rd post and not one other person...

I can't figure out how to do 2 things:

Cancel attacks

and

Do attacks that go (Down) in white and then (Up) in black.

08-10-2010 04:23 AM #54
      to cancel special attacks its "Focus Attack + Dash Cancel"

I dont know what you mean for (down) in white and (up) in black

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      08-10-2010 10:32 AM #55

I THINK he means the Focus Attacks....some of the characters sorta flash "white" then when they finish it has the "ink" black appearance....if thats the case hold the MEDIUM PUNCH AND KICK BUTTON together then let go. the longer you hold it the harder it hits

thats how you do the cancel too...most people refer to them as level 1, level 2, level 3

1 is a simple tap that you can double tap forward or backwards while pressing it to CANCEL it...thats what you were referring to in your question
      2 is more of a stun level that wont always 'crumple' the opponent to the ground but will make them stunned so you can cancel out and continue with a combo
      3 is a full 'crumple' where they fall to their knees then the ground

21. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      08-10-2010 12:02 PM #56
      for special attacks with white to black for the input string, they mean charging for the white part. is that what you were asking? if your using a charge character thats probably it

i just hit 65 hours on this last night. for my first modern fighting game i feel like i'm getting the hang of it now. i have a decent crimson viper now. after playing long enough, i understand the flow of the engine, and was even using random characters and making some interesting things happen.

still losing most of the time, but it's part of the territory. i can see i will REALLY like this when i start winning!

22. Member
      08-10-2010 12:30 PM #57
      I've loved Street Fighter since the Super Nintendo days. I bought most of them up until Street Fighter 3 when I sort of just stopped playing. I have SF4 (not SSF4 yet) and have played the arcade and challenge modes quite a lot, but I'm pretty terrible and don't use many characters other than Ken well (I prefer his faster hurricane kick and wider arcing dragon punch to Ryu's). I haven't had a single match online aside from some sparring I did with a friend before he passed away.

Quick question though, does anyone have any experience with the wireless fight stick that was bundled with the Tekken 6? It's become pretty inexpensive recently ($100 CAD compared to $200+ when it was first released) and I was thinking of picking it up. Any thoughts? Any first hand experience?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...378d0ddf7den02

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      08-10-2010 12:50 PM #58
      from what I've read the Tekken stick is an OK starter stick but isnt the longest lasting if you intend to use it for long periods. You'll end up replacing parts over time which can be good or bad depending on what you replace the parts with.

24. Member
      08-10-2010 01:00 PM #59
      Thanks for the feedback. It would likely experience casual use from time to time, I seem to spend most of my time on Forza, first person shooters and action/adventure games.

What are the more robust fighting sticks that you would suggest?

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      08-10-2010 01:30 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfsburgraz View Post
      Thanks for the feedback. It would likely experience casual use from time to time, I seem to spend most of my time on Forza, first person shooters and action/adventure games.

What are the more robust fighting sticks that you would suggest?
      Well I was able to get a MadKatz Tournament Edition stick for $99 at Frys Electronics (US). you can catch sales on Amazon etc.

It comes down to the layout of the buttons and the size. if youre not comfortable using it youre not going to want to use it at all. from what youre saying you wont be using it for hours and hours on end so for that price point you should pick up that Tekken stick and try it out. my only concern would be if there was any input delay with it being wireless. add online lag and input delay and youre not going to be having much fun!

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      08-10-2010 01:42 PM #61

Thanks for the tip, that definitely could help get through some attacks. If you look at Dudley's "Thunderbolt" punch inputs they have down in white and up in black. I've tried all different ways of inputting it but I have yet to actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by quinntendopower1 View Post
      for special attacks with white to black for the input string, they mean charging for the white part. is that what you were asking? if your using a charge character thats probably it

i just hit 65 hours on this last night. for my first modern fighting game i feel like i'm getting the hang of it now. i have a decent crimson viper now. after playing long enough, i understand the flow of the engine, and was even using random characters and making some interesting things happen.

still losing most of the time, but it's part of the territory. i can see i will REALLY like this when i start winning!
      thats what I was asking, but still unclear... maybe I'm a bit slow because even gamefaqs didn't help

Winning is fun, no doubt about that.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/97521...er-iv/54305729

Edit: Well I watched a video of a guy who used thunderbolt a lot and, I think I get it.. just have to press down for about 1-2 seconds.
      Last edited by horribleR; 08-10-2010 at 02:20 PM.

27. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      08-10-2010 02:46 PM #62
      yeah!

if you see a dudley charge move, you hold down for a period, then slam the stick up and simultaneously press the punch button(s)

for instance, if you wanna do guiles ultra...

1:
      charge down+back (white input) for a little more then a second, then think of it like a stick shift with no gate to prevent skip shifts

2: quickly move from 2nd to 4th, then 2nd to 3rd then all three action buttons depending on the ultra. it should bust right out...

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      08-10-2010 03:14 PM #63
      oh ok you meant charge moves!

its hard to explain to someone that hasnt played much but heres a video that shows what quinntendopower1 was saying...its Guile in the video but all charge moves work this way

29. 08-10-2010 04:20 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfsburgraz View Post
      I've loved Street Fighter since the Super Nintendo days. I bought most of them up until Street Fighter 3 when I sort of just stopped playing. I have SF4 (not SSF4 yet) and have played the arcade and challenge modes quite a lot, but I'm pretty terrible and don't use many characters other than Ken well (I prefer his faster hurricane kick and wider arcing dragon punch to Ryu's). I haven't had a single match online aside from some sparring I did with a friend before he passed away.

Quick question though, does anyone have any experience with the wireless fight stick that was bundled with the Tekken 6? It's become pretty inexpensive recently ($100 CAD compared to $200+ when it was first released) and I was thinking of picking it up. Any thoughts? Any first hand experience?
      I'd stay away from that Tekken 6 stick. Hori makes good sticks, just not that one. If you're on xbox you can still find TE's at EBgames for $119. PS3 you're out of luck, but they're easily had for $99 in the states.

Or you could order a blank case and some parts and put something together yourself. I have built 3 sticks and bought a TE and I have to say, sanwa JFL is the way to go.

08-10-2010 04:56 PM #65
      for an advanced "charge" tip do the inputs like this:

Back (2 seconds) + Forward + Back + Punch
      instead of
      Back (2 seconds) + Forward + Punch

if you do the first method, it gives you the extra crucial time to perform another charge move immediately. Thats how you see a lot of Super's into Ultras one right after the other for charge characters.

Also for charge characters that have a Vertical attack, you can do:
      BackDown + Back Up + attack (keep the stick back after the attack)
      You'll still be in a charge state right after the attack
      Last edited by Jerry_HEAVEN; 08-10-2010 at 05:07 PM.

31. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      08-10-2010 06:37 PM #66
      finally got to D+ with viper! after a good solid while of completely getting my ass kicked, i am able to squeak by and get my share of fun. hopefully I can get to C soon.

i LOVE my Marvel vs Capcom stick, i always play clackity clack rhythms while i'm waiting for the match to start. it's awesome for all the old school 2d fighters and shooters too!

can't imagine playing without it. my screws are rusting pretty bad due to my mega sweaty palms/arms but otherwise it's holding up great with a daily cleaning and button brushing

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      08-10-2010 09:32 PM #67
      Thanks for the tips guys, I've only played I think 16 hours total... so I don't know everything yet.

nice job on the D+ C. Viper..maybe I'll run into you with my Fei Long or Dudley (currently stuck in the D+ range).. Maybe you should get aluminum screws for your stick so you don't get the tetanus

08-10-2010 10:20 PM #68
      you guys are making me wanting to hop back on.
      Havent fully learned the new characters in Super yet, but im down for a few rounds

XBL GT: TackleJerry

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      08-10-2010 10:23 PM #69
      ^ If only you were on Playstation... We don't have a list of people who play this game do we?

PSN: horribleatit

Edit: Played tonight with Fei Long for a while..didn't move anywhere, so I used Dudley and started winning (got to C rank finally) It's amazing how flameball characters would freak out that I kept ducking under their hadoukens, they'd just start shooting off shoryukens to get distance. I also looked at replays from when I first started playing online.. and... well: it was that bad.

ahh, fun times were had.
      Last edited by horribleR; 08-11-2010 at 04:14 AM.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      08-11-2010 10:35 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post
      ^ If only you were on Playstation... We don't have a list of people who play this game do we?
      We should start a list for Endless rooms...then we could practice characters we're not so good with instead of catching beatdowns on Ranked

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast