Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Street Fighter 4

Vehicles
      Gti 16v, 07' 4Runner
      05-24-2010 05:14 PM #26
      What about the turtle players that sit and wait the whole round? Thats cheap.
      The ones with Chun-li that just low kick is their only move?
      Or the blanka players that do the ball over and over.
      The Gen players that kick you in the air a dozen hits and the hit the ultra and catch u as u fall?
      I can play cheap too, but I choose not to.
      Saying the is no cheap gameplay is like saying throwing dirt in your eyes during a real fight is fair.

Love this game regardless

2. 05-25-2010 01:23 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by 3danimator View Post
      The Gen players that kick you in the air a dozen hits and the hit the ultra and catch u as u fall?
      Saying the is no cheap gameplay is like saying throwing dirt in your eyes during a real fight is fair.

Cheap is only if you fall for it.

Players that turtle and don't move...do the same. Let the timer run out if you have to. They'll get frustrated quicker than you.

If a chun player only does low kick...jump over it. Easy enough.

Blanka balls are easily stuffed with a jab or DP

Gen players...try blocking. works like a charm.

People play cheap because it gets them wins. Once you stop falling for their cheap moves, they'll stop playing cheap.

05-25-2010 02:42 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by 3danimator View Post

"Cheap" because you don't know how to get out or reverse them. For every "cheap" there is a counter. Turtle players are on the defensive, especially charge characters. If you don't know how to put pressure or zone them, it's your own fault and not "cheap." Sure there are some bad match up players, but a good player will know what to do.

Vehicles
      Gti 16v, 07' 4Runner
      05-26-2010 12:39 PM #29
      I can counter just fine, doesn't mean I enjoy playing against a dumba$$es that keeps doing the same thing over and over again. Screen name: w4ver1der
      if you want to find out.

05-26-2010 12:56 PM #30
      Sounds like you are frustrated against players who are doing the same thing "over and over" or spamming you. If you already know they are spamming you, then you should certainly know how to open that up if you are good. Watch players like Daigo, Alex Valle, John Choi, or Ricky Ortiz who will just zone perfectly with pokes and "spam fireballs" until you open up to a mistake. Not cheap imo.

Vehicles
      2011 Yamaha Luvias, 2007 VW Golf (Sold)
      05-26-2010 02:16 PM #31
      I kind of understand where 3danimator is coming from. I play as charge characters (blanka and boxer) and it's frustrating playing against people who just do defense or spam fireballs. When I play the game I just play it to have fun, so if I take a bit of damage getting close to you then so what. But it is annoying when all they do is fireball or turtle. All you folks are saying... well if you are good enough you should be able to counter it and punish them. I agree but not everyone has the time to dedicate to the game. Or when they play the game against friends there is no BS like that so the opportunity to learn doesn't come up until you play online.

Much respect to the pros but watching them play is a snooooze fest. All it is is defense... poke... retreat... poke...retreat... uppercut. Basically who ever finds an opening first wins. This doesn't apply to everyone but I'm just sharing my observation of what I saw at EVO last year.

"I've been pitying fools for 28 years" - Mr. T

05-26-2010 03:19 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by NaKoRuRu View Post

Much respect to the pros but watching them play is a snooooze fest. All it is is defense... poke... retreat... poke...retreat... uppercut. Basically who ever finds an opening first wins. This doesn't apply to everyone but I'm just sharing my observation of what I saw at EVO last year.

That's how a lot of high level defensive play is. Can't afford mistakes. People like Valle or Daigo are a beast though and always on the attack. So awesome watching them play.

Casually playing with attack always on the mind will only get you so far against high level players. The moves and counters are there. It's up to you how to utilize and when not to get stuck in "cheap" situations.

8. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      05-27-2010 12:14 AM #33
      The reason why "cheap" players win because it's much easier and predictable to use quick shots rather than open up a big move and get thrown or countered.

I used to play a lot in the old days against many good players, I've never played defensive. It's boring.

But I can understand in a tournament, you just want to win and move on to the next bracket. It doesn't pay to let people scout your techniques and then pick you apart or chose your counter character.

Against cheap players, often you have to fake them out and put pressure on them to make them jump. The key is to get out of their defensive corner.

I've fought against some of the best Guile players and usually win when you keep the pressure on them and make them jump.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      05-27-2010 10:19 AM #34
      Saw this video on my subs list on Youtube. This is an example of how a rushdown "pro" match can be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhkPdh-_IU

05-27-2010 01:07 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Notch__Johnson View Post
      Saw this video on my subs list on Youtube. This is an example of how a rushdown "pro" match can be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhkPdh-_IU
      one of the best Fei Long players I've seen.
      I love watching these guys. Poke checks, counters, ridiculous cancels...its all there.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      05-27-2010 01:13 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Jerry_HEAVEN View Post
      one of the best Fei Long players I've seen.
      I love watching these guys. Poke checks, counters, ridiculous cancels...its all there.
      I love people who use the "low tier scrub" characters. Fei, Rose, Sakura, DAN .....plus anyone who can give Sagat an ass whooping is ok in my book...fuggin GOD Tier bastard!!!!!

this match was great because is wasnt the usual Daigo/Ryu user zone match. Daigo has skills but I love variety in matches

12. 05-27-2010 05:03 PM #37
      That fei long was awesome. Padlong they were calling him in the chat lol

He knocked off sabin as well. He lost to Flash but he would have lost to Justin Wong in the finals anyway.

Still a sick player.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      05-29-2010 01:39 AM #38
      Decided to take things online for the first time tonight...ran into so many Ryus, Kens, couple of Sagats, then I hit the wall of Zangiefs that were laggy matches....FFFFuuuuuu thats frustrating!!!! Met a cool Cody player that invited me to an Endless Lobby for some mirror matches, was all fun until this guy joined and OWNED us with Abel and Gouken until he got bored

best thing is when people dont know the Cody match up and get hit with his Super and Ultras...they get so pissed! got my first hate mails...

Fun times

/End Blog Rant/Facebook/Twitter/Cool Story y0 post
      Quote Originally Posted by backinthegame View Post
      Plus, if it gets cold, you can close the door and start the car up. It'll heat the place up in no time to help you sleep.
      Team 7-Up Keepin It Fresh! [llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] - Clever Response Loading.... Please wait.

14. 05-30-2010 12:47 PM #39
      Cody is weak.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      06-01-2010 10:14 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Stupid-GTi View Post
      Cody is weak.
      Meh, true, he has pretty low power but I like him. I have fun. I'm not trying to be the best. I like a challenge. When youre in the sub 1000BP area like me, you fight Ken, Ryu, Sagat, Zangief, Akuma and now Guile. Its someone new to play around with. I've ran into two other Cody users that were really good and a guy who mained Hakan. it makes the matches so much more enjoyable. I'm not saying he'll ever be tournament worthy or even upper tier, but he's a blast to use IMO

http://www.youtube.com/user/OptionSe.../1/jr06BafBGeQ
      Plus, if it gets cold, you can close the door and start the car up. It'll heat the place up in no time to help you sleep.
      Team 7-Up Keepin It Fresh! [llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] - Clever Response Loading.... Please wait.

16. 06-02-2010 10:55 AM #41
      Chris hu uses Cody in tournaments.

17. 07-15-2010 05:02 PM #42
      Did everyone just stop playing this?

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      07-15-2010 05:18 PM #43
      I like most people these days have short attention spans...only the die hard keep at it. Like CODMW2 I think a problem with SSF4 is that they sort of made it too casual friendly. shortcuts, flowchart antics, etc.

I play it a lot, but typically offline. My reason is that a lot of people take it way too serious and if they dont win they get angry. I'd play a lot more but most of my friends dont play it and the ones that do play with me are absolute beginners so I've sort of reached a plateau...not really good enough, but not really getting better :shrug:

theres tons of people on http://shoryuken.com/forum/ if you want to find peeps to play with

19. 07-15-2010 05:51 PM #44
      ya I'm on SRK..I was just wondering if anyone here still played.

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      07-15-2010 06:02 PM #45
      ya I'm on SRK..I was just wondering if anyone here still played.
      I think the majority around here are FPS and Racing game players....ask around XBOX Live PSN Gamer tags thread...might be some folks up to play

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      07-15-2010 06:43 PM #46
      I have yet to win a full match online. It seems I get 1 round and then the people switch styles to the "missile" attacks and then when you try to get past, counter.. until you get fed up with it and you both play too defensively. I cannot for the life of me play defensively at all. Not having a dedicated "block" button kills trying to defend yourself.

I also have a problem with Seth, Zangief, Cammy, Abel, and DAN CPU characters, as they do the same 'ol $hit tricks that get me every single time.

I've gotten pretty good with Dudley and Guy (trying to do Guy's ultras gets me angry as a mofo)

Online rank: 0-PP, 0-BP

Vehicles
      2011 Kia Optima
      07-15-2010 06:54 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post

I've gotten pretty good with Dudley and Guy (trying to do Guy's ultras gets me angry as a mofo)

Online rank: 0-PP, 0-BP

Keep it classy...

Just have fun, learn the basics and stick with it. Make some friends and play in private rooms. its a lot more fun than playing the CPU....I play on PS3 so if you want you can hit me up for some chill games. I have no problem being someones training dummy

Vehicles
      2011 Yamaha Luvias, 2007 VW Golf (Sold)
      07-16-2010 01:12 AM #48
      I still play this also. I just usually play offline or local vs mode. I'm a blanka/boxer player but Makoto seems interesting to me lately.
      "I've been pitying fools for 28 years" - Mr. T

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      07-16-2010 02:01 AM #49
      Played online some more today, it was fun!

Here's a few things that bothered me:

Zangief, Seth, and E. Honda players like to spam (SPAM!) the same move over and over and over and over and over. along with #1

Juri players like to throw out the purple "flame balls" (?) often. Ken and Ryu players like to hadoken even more than Juri players when they start to lose.

My final gripe is...Lag sucks.

Other than that, the people were good. Although... I did have to apologize to one guy because I used corkscrew cross 3-4 times in the first rounds.

Edit: I tried my luck today... got whoooped badly the whole hour I played.
      Last edited by horribleR; 07-17-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Vehicles
      92 Satin Silver Corrado SLC, 02 Laser Red Audi S4, 98 Windsor Blue Jetta GLX, & 08 Honda CBR 600RR
      07-19-2010 09:39 PM #50
      Im on almost everyday on the ps3, if anyone wants to play. S/n is in my signature
      PSN =cocotaso218
      XBL =cocotaso218

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast