Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Preview: 2010 Carlisle Import to Feature Biggest Audi Presence Ever Including TTRS, New A8 and 1985 Sport quattro

1. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      05-11-2010 12:25 AM #1

If it’s Spring on the East Coast then it must be time for Carlisle. Each May, owners of new and vintage imported automobiles of all types descend upon this small Pennsylvania college town for a three-day celebration of foreign cars. Among the many brands that attend, Audi is always a major fixture and this year the weekend of May 21-23 promises to offer more than ever before for enthusiasts of the brand.

Just thirty miles from our East Coast offices, Carlisle is effectively a home event for Fourtitude. This website has supported the event a long time, bringing cars like a preproduction B8 S4, R8 and more in previous years. And while Carlisle isn’t exactly a home show for Audi of America, a short two-hour commute places it at least in the same neighborhood… which was reason enough to lobby Audi’s Herndon, VA headquarters to join the party. To that end, we’re proud to announce several very impressive offerings thanks to this participation.

Full Story

2. 05-11-2010 08:36 AM #2
      link to register is not working :"(

3. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      05-11-2010 11:19 AM #3

4. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      05-11-2010 01:31 PM #4
      Not sure if you meant the email link in the article. It was just brought to my attention that it was inoperative. That RSVP email link for the breakfast has now been fixed.

5. 05-11-2010 11:22 PM #5
      I can't wait to be there! I've already registered and sent my RSVP for the breakfast. Now I really need to hustle to finish a few last items for the show.

6. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      05-16-2010 03:11 PM #6
      Cool! Good luck getting everything finished. I'll be at the breakfast as well, so we'll probably get to meet, which is always fun. See you in a week!

-Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

7. 05-24-2010 01:31 PM #7
      That was simply an amazing show! Very large turnout of Audis of all different models (including some rare imports). The breakfast at Audi Mechanicsburg was nice. It was great to see so many people and cars there along with checking out the Sport Quattro, the TT-RS, and others. The bonus was being able to take a photo on Sunday of my car next to the Sport Quattro on top of the hill at the show. It's my new wallpaper on my computer.

Thanks to those at Fourtitude.com, Audi of America, and Sun Motorcars for taking the Carlisle Import and Kit Nationals to the next level!

8. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      05-24-2010 02:09 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by cyberpmg View Post
      That was simply an amazing show! Very large turnout of Audis of all different models (including some rare imports). The breakfast at Audi Mechanicsburg was nice. It was great to see so many people and cars there along with checking out the Sport Quattro, the TT-RS, and others. The bonus was being able to take a photo on Sunday of my car next to the Sport Quattro on top of the hill at the show. It's my new wallpaper on my computer.
      Glad you had a good time. It is more than likely that we met each other at some point in the weekend. I was one of the guys walking around in the black Fourtitude shirts. It was a whole lot of fun. Audi Mechanicsburg is a great facility, isn't it?

Thanks to those at Fourtitude.com, Audi of America, and Sun Motorcars for taking the Carlisle Import and Kit Nationals to the next level!
      You're very welcome. We had a great time too, and we add our thanks to Audi of America and to Sun Motorcars to yours. Also, thank you for coming!

-Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

9. 05-25-2010 06:43 AM #9
      I talked to many people that weekend. I had the Silver B6 A4 Ultrasport. Can't wait to see the official photos!

-Paul