VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Purdue University

1M views 24K replies 273 participants last post by  vw fiend 
#1 ·
Are there any VWvortex members that are at Purdue?

[Modified by heysuperman, 6:13 PM 8-29-2002]

#162 ·
Re: Purdue University (vw fiend)

Everyone can bring sympathy cards for my wallet. Besides the wheel bearing and motor mount (and blue coolant temp sensor, which is no biggie), I also needed:
- a new tie rod (old one was about to fall off),
- a SECOND new motor mount, and
- a new CV joint.
I'd better be able to drive to the North Pole now, because between purchase price, repairs, new tires, and a modest stereo, my $1,000 car has now cost me about $2,750. Then I'll need to redo the A/C and cooling fan in the spring.
So, sympathy cards for my credit card would be appropriate.

I'll post directions, etc., this evening when I'm home from work. (Hint: look for the Jetta with blue paint that's slowly morphing into U.S. Currency Green!)

#163 ·
Re: Purdue University (OstTrefftWest)

Okay, easy directions to my place for tomorrow's GTG: I'm on Wellington Court, which comes off the south side of Union Street between 28th and 30th. (In other words, if Wellington were a through street, it'd be 29th.)
I live in the left side of the third home on the left -- there'll be a red Steve Knecht for Judge sign in the yard, and a blue A2 Jetta on my side of the driveway. Everyone can just park at the curb (just not on the other half of my driveway, which belongs to my neighbor).
I don't have a DVD player, so any DVD-watching will require someone's PS2 or other player -- but it'll be easy to hook up stuff like that for the evening. Aside from that, bring anything you want so long as it's legal, though I'll plan to have some
in the fridge.
All Dubheads welcome! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by OstTrefftWest, 2:45 PM 10-31-2002]

#169 ·
Re: Purdue University (dalasdhn)

If you're heading west on Union (i.e., towards the river), Wellington's a left. If you're heading east on Union (i.e., towards 52), it'll be a right.
Bring anything you think would make for a good time -- and maybe a few bucks for calling in a couple pizzas, since it's gonna be a little cold for grilling....

Oh -- I don't have any spare wiper parts to sell -- but if the gang's so inclined, I'd offer use of my garage (so that we can stand around the car scratching our heads and wondering indoors instead of out
)....

[Modified by OstTrefftWest, 1:09 PM 11-1-2002]

#170 ·

I can prolly stop by for a little bit, I'll be the one in the ghetto white GTI with mismatched wheels that used to say farfromugen on the back...

oh yeah, and do we need anyone to bring some beer? or should we just do a beer run if its needed?

[Modified by farfromugen, 5:44 PM 11-1-2002]

#171 ·
Re: Purdue University (farfromugen)

Hey -- now that the forums are back up (at least for now, knock on wood), thanks to everyone who made it out on Friday night. It was good to meet at least a few members of the local crowd.

Anyone else care to host next month's GTG, or should I plan on it? (I'm fine with hosting, but I don't want to monopolize it if anyone else wants to.)
I got brave Saturday night and used the Dub for a round-trip to Valpo. Made it there and back, but there's still something screwy -- it's not happy at or near freezing, and feels kind of like it's lean-surging or something. I'll check my Haynes manual tonight, and will probably pop for a Bentley before another visit to Walter. Either way, let's hope third time's charm.
Again, good to meet the local Dub gang! Next one's set for 12/6, right?

#172 ·

good to finally meet everyone else. now that everyone can see how many we got together friday, maybe everyone else will show. i dont like my haynes manual, i'll be needing a bently someday... i have two for my bug http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#173 ·
Re: Purdue University (vw fiend)

same here, it was cool to put faces with everyones name. i finally broke down and purchased a bently a few weeks back. amazon.com had it for the best price i could find. for my car it was $42 shipped, came in like 2 days regular ups ground!!!

#175 ·
Re: Purdue University (GeoGlxn)

hey yall, likewise i had a good time friday. that is my older bro George if anyone was wondering. yea, he started a club back at home a few years ago, you can check out there page @
http://www.rennerperformancegroup.com/main.htm
and he started his own car show, u can check that out @
http://www.dubwar.net/
but yea, i know the next meeting time is the weekend before finals
(for those still in school), but lets hang out and get out minds off the books before finals and everyone heads home.
Jay, i would invest in a bently book for your car, they are great, especially for dummies like me when it comes to cars.

#176 ·

hey mike, I just ordered a part from strictly foreign, so i'll let you know how everything goes, they seem pretty cool on the phone and sent it off today, so far so good. hope you get bumper cover from them, together we can show all those hondas the TRUE euro look..hehe j/k

oh yeah, and i will refuse to use this thing ---->

its on like every GD thread!!!

#178 ·

this one:

i got the hood extension, thanks to my girlfriend for our anniversary!!

#180 ·

she liked you too, she said you and your little girl are welcome at anytime

hopefully this will be a short winter so we can have some bbqs soon. they said something about it being around 70 this coming weekend, maybe we can have a small gtg this weekend too?