Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Ultimate SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP Delete

Vehicles
      Black whistle-sneeze noise maker, '81 Caddy diesel
      11-19-2011 01:29 AM #351
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...CV-EVAP-Delete

^^Start there and read your way back to this point. Then re-think that question.

Vehicles
      15 Jetta 92 Corrado VR6
      11-28-2011 10:53 AM #352
      In the middle of things and hit some pita stuff!!

Anyway I dont have a Bentley that has the awp in it. Does any one know off hand what the two evap lines that run to that block (that are capped off in the diy) are for? I really want to retain the solenoid but I figure one of the two is for the ldp, true? If so which one? Capping that would simplify the hiding of the solenoid in the fender a bit.
      -Paul
      1995 GTI VR6 - Retired - 12.90@106 R32 power - 12.833@106 12v power
      KPTuned - Official MegaSquirt: Sales - Repair - Installation - Tuning
      MK3 Race Car Partout

Vehicles
      mkiv gti (killed) mkiv .:r32 (unicorn sh!tbox).
      11-28-2011 05:48 PM #353
      Quote Originally Posted by Vdubed13 View Post
      does anyone know if i can get the resisters locally? like today? if so what kind do i need?

Thanks
      i have read on here that people get them from radio shack.. the type needed should be noted in here somewhere, start reading.
      cermak_j <-- (double underscore).

Vehicles
      3 VWs and a MINI
      12-13-2011 01:35 AM #354
      Using this thread I finally got my PCV delete finished. I went a little overboard with it though. After running the black hoses, things just didn't look right with everything else and the catch can looked really out of place over in the corner. Price got out of hand, but I love how it looks in the bay:

Last edited by Batrugger; 12-13-2011 at 12:24 PM.
      "It is better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't." Butthole surfers

My MK2 1.8T Swap Thread

Vehicles
      12-13-2011 02:26 AM #355
      Well I can see why the cost got a little stupid... Jesus F man!

Vehicles
      ms3 zoom zoom
      12-13-2011 08:56 AM #356
      Shiny.
      science: it's for real.

Vehicles
      2003 IY GTI, 2005 A8
      12-13-2011 01:10 PM #357
      Quote Originally Posted by Batrugger View Post
      Using this thread I finally got my PCV delete finished. I went a little overboard with it though. After running the black hoses things just didn't look right with everything else and the catch can looked really out of place. Price got out of hand, but I love how it looks in the bay:

Where did you get the 90 degree part for the brake booster line? I need one without the other opening on it.

Vehicles
      3 VWs and a MINI
      12-13-2011 01:47 PM #358
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubber#3555 View Post
      Where did you get the 90 degree part for the brake booster line? I need one without the other opening on it.
      I really couldn't tell you where that came off of. I just found it in my box of miscellaneous hoses. I'm pretty sure it is somewhere on a MKIV 1.8T though.
      "It is better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't." Butthole surfers

My MK2 1.8T Swap Thread

Vehicles
      2003 IY GTI, 2005 A8
      12-13-2011 02:16 PM #359
      I really couldn't tell you where that came off of. I just found it in my box of miscellaneous hoses. I'm pretty sure it is somewhere on a MKIV 1.8T though.

Damn, ill have to go through all of my deleted stuff and try and find it.

Do you have a part number by chance?

Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      12-13-2011 10:11 PM #360
      Using this thread I finally got my PCV delete finished. I went a little overboard with it though. After running the black hoses, things just didn't look right with everything else and the catch can looked really out of place over in the corner. Price got out of hand, but I love how it looks in the bay:

great job
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

Vehicles
      3 VWs and a MINI
      12-14-2011 03:13 PM #361
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubber#3555 View Post
      Damn, ill have to go through all of my deleted stuff and try and find it.

Do you have a part number by chance?
      Good call on the part #. It is 06A103221AP, but ECS is asking $58 for it . This should help you find it and may be a good thing to add to the DIY as part that is pulled and then can be used on the intake manifold. It is #17 in this diagram:

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      great job
      Thanks, I actually pulled the PCV lines and catch can off and took them to the polisher yesterday. He smoothed everything up and it is all looking even better now. No more rough welds and all the fittings are shiny .

My MK2 1.8T Swap Thread

Vehicles
      Not what I would really like to drive.
      12-14-2011 03:47 PM #362
      Thank you for this thread.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta
      12-21-2011 05:07 PM #363
      Not sure if this has been covered yet or not, but after doing this delete I've been experiencing some hard start issues usually after my car sits more than 8 hours. I've asked a professional and he claims that it is because I've deleted the evap system which is now causing pressure/vaccum on the fuel pump. He is suggesting that I re-install the evap system. Is anyone else having these issues and if so is there anyway around it without re-installing the evap system?

thank you,

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8 BT
      12-21-2011 05:14 PM #364
      Quote Originally Posted by savphili View Post
      Not sure if this has been covered yet or not, but after doing this delete I've been experiencing some hard start issues usually after my car sits more than 8 hours. I've asked a professional and he claims that it is because I've deleted the evap system which is now causing pressure/vaccum on the fuel pump. He is suggesting that I re-install the evap system. Is anyone else having these issues and if so is there anyway around it without re-installing the evap system?

thank you,
      Total shot in the dark here but...

Could you take the EVAP line, add a fuel filter to it, then vent it to atmosphere?
      My Build
      My FAQ / DIY Thread -- Look here for 90% of the questions you have

Welcome to the world of racing! Budgets are ALWAYS exceeded, deadlines are never met, end-goals never reached, and wives always unhappy... it's all worth it though!

Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta
      12-21-2011 11:35 PM #365
      Quote Originally Posted by groggory View Post
      Total shot in the dark here but...

Could you take the EVAP line, add a fuel filter to it, then vent it to atmosphere?
      I honestly have no idea, does anyone else?

Vehicles
      84 VW GTI, 92 s10, 03 20th, 87 TurboII
      12-21-2011 11:50 PM #366

thank you,
      I to am having the same issues.... i had my suspicions on the check valve in the fuel pump to have gone bad but i guess this makes sense.

BUmp for a solution

Vehicles
      12-22-2011 05:50 AM #367
      Not sure if this has been covered yet or not, but after doing this delete I've been experiencing some hard start issues usually after my car sits more than 8 hours.

thank you,
      What do you define as "hard start" issues? If you mean that it sounds like a Subaru for a few seconds then it's fine. It isn't causing any damage or excessive wear to anything.

Vehicles
      2003 VW GTi 1.8t
      12-22-2011 09:31 AM #368

thank you,

Define hard start. If it takes longer to crank, it may be a fueling issue. Check your fuel filter, pump, and check valve. Also check the vac line going to the FPR.

If it starts and runs a little rough at first, it may be a pinhole leak in the vac lines that seals itself when the hose heats up. Double check all vac lines.

As stated above, if it runs like a Suburu for the first few minutes, its fine.

I have been running without EVAP for a couple of years now without any issues at all. I'm sure others on here have had the same experience. The only thing the EVAP did was route fuel vapors to the intake.

The tank is still vented via the gas cap IIRC. Remove your fuel cap and see if it starts better, if it does then replace it, they are $7 on ECS.
      PM me for SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP Delete parts and kits -->http://www.diydeleteparts.com/

Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta
      12-22-2011 01:15 PM #369
      Quote Originally Posted by nstevic01 View Post
      Define hard start. If it takes longer to crank, it may be a fueling issue. Check your fuel filter, pump, and check valve. Also check the vac line going to the FPR.

If it starts and runs a little rough at first, it may be a pinhole leak in the vac lines that seals itself when the hose heats up. Double check all vac lines.

As stated above, if it runs like a Suburu for the first few minutes, its fine.

I have been running without EVAP for a couple of years now without any issues at all. I'm sure others on here have had the same experience. The only thing the EVAP did was route fuel vapors to the intake.

The tank is still vented via the gas cap IIRC. Remove your fuel cap and see if it starts better, if it does then replace it, they are $7 on ECS.
      After sitting over roughly 8 hours, my car will usually start very rough and stall almost immediately. The car will always start the 2nd time without fail.

I'll go through and check all my vac lines today. As far as the fuel cap, do you mean where I'm filling the gas? Is that cap supposed to vent out under pressure?

Thank you for the response.

Vehicles
      2003 VW GTi 1.8t
      12-22-2011 03:40 PM #370
      After sitting over roughly 8 hours, my car will usually start very rough and stall almost immediately. The car will always start the 2nd time without fail.

I'll go through and check all my vac lines today. As far as the fuel cap, do you mean where I'm filling the gas? Is that cap supposed to vent out under pressure?

Thank you for the response.
      Yeah, gas filler cap.

What you just described sounds alot like the issue I was having with my Cherokee. Turns out the fuel line was not hold the pressure after sitting for a period of time causing that exact issue. There was an o-ring in the fuel pump that failed allowing the fuel to drain back into the tank. You very well may be experiencing a faulty fuel pump.

Check your fuel pressure at the rail after it has been sitting for 8 hours. Start it up and let it run, shut it off and check the rail pressure again. If the first reading is substantially lower than the second you just found your issue.
      Last edited by nstevic01; 12-22-2011 at 03:43 PM.
      PM me for SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP Delete parts and kits -->http://www.diydeleteparts.com/

Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta
      12-22-2011 08:30 PM #371
      Quote Originally Posted by nstevic01 View Post
      Yeah, gas filler cap.

What you just described sounds alot like the issue I was having with my Cherokee. Turns out the fuel line was not hold the pressure after sitting for a period of time causing that exact issue. There was an o-ring in the fuel pump that failed allowing the fuel to drain back into the tank. You very well may be experiencing a faulty fuel pump.

Check your fuel pressure at the rail after it has been sitting for 8 hours. Start it up and let it run, shut it off and check the rail pressure again. If the first reading is substantially lower than the second you just found your issue.
      You know, this was my initial instinct, but I wasn't too sure. My buddy changed out my fuel injection lines. I think that might be it, i'll trouble shoot later on tonight or tomorrow if I have time and get back at ya.

Thanks again for the great DIY!

22. Member
      Vehicles
      02 Jetta 1.8T AWP
      12-29-2011 11:44 PM #372
      After my full delete and flash by Gonzo (w/ emissions fault delete) I had to have my emissions tested this week. Passed without a problem....

Vehicles
      3 VWs and a MINI
      12-30-2011 07:11 PM #373
      You know, this was my initial instinct, but I wasn't too sure. My buddy changed out my fuel injection lines. I think that might be it, i'll trouble shoot later on tonight or tomorrow if I have time and get back at ya.

Thanks again for the great DIY!
      Fuel lines will be the problem. I swapped mine to braided lines and my car was doing the same thing. Checked the new lines and they were seeping at the ends so I re-tightened them and no more problem.

My MK2 1.8T Swap Thread

Vehicles
      Lacoste & SBC250
      01-03-2012 08:37 PM #374
      I ripped all this crap from my 20AE today. The info here says to cap off the hard lines that run under the fuel lines... I have them fully removed. Seemed in the direction, that what they were connected to all came out.
      Is this wrong?
      club EuroMafia
      PM me for Custom Vinyl Work and Custom Body Work
      Clutch,Suspension,Interior Installs,Timing Belts and More

Vehicles
      ms3 zoom zoom
      01-03-2012 08:51 PM #375
      Quote Originally Posted by 2slogetta View Post
      I ripped all this crap from my 20AE today. The info here says to cap off the hard lines that run under the fuel lines... I have them fully removed. Seemed in the direction, that what they were connected to all came out.
      Is this wrong?
      The two evap lines that come up in the engine bay next to the fuel lines run all the way from the fuel tank area. There should be no reason that you pulled them out... but aside from that, there shouldn't have been any easy way to pull them out since they run thru the frame rails partially and are clipped to the undercarriage in various spots along the way. They would be really hard to just easily pull out.
      science: it's for real.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast