VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

** GruvenParts.com Has 2.0 Engine Goodies !

41K views 107 replies 13 participants last post by  GruvenParts.com 
#1 ·

MKIII 2.0 ABA Billet Lightweight Crank, Tensioner, and Alternator Pulleys – NON-UNDERDRIVE!

www.GruvenParts.com offers precision CNC billet lightweight (and Non-Under-driven) crank, tensioner, and alternator pulleys for the ABA 2.0 engines. The pulley set reduces engine rotating mass by over 4 lbs to help you squeeze out every last bit of power, without the problems associated with under-driving components. Our billet tensioner comes ready to install with a 20K rpm SKF bearing to replace the cheap OEM plastic pulley. The crank pulley is a slick dual design which incorporates the power steering v-belt pulley with a light mounting flange (new shorter grade 12.9 attach bolts included). Finally, the alternator pulley is a paper light version of the OEM steel pulley to minimize parasitic losses.

Check out www.GruvenParts.com for all the billet goodies!

These parts replace the following OEM part numbers :

037-105-243A (037105243A) ABA crank pulley
037-105-253 (037105253) ABA power steering pulley
028-145-278E (028145278E) ABA serpentine tensioner pulley (also fits MK3 TDI)
021-903-119 (021903119) ABA alternator pulley

See less See more
#2 ·

Lightweight MK4 1.8T / 2.0 Billet Drive Belt Pulleys

GruvenParts.com offers a complete set of ultra sleek lightweight MK4 1.8T/2.0 power pulleys. These include lightweight billet crank, power steering, tensioner, and alternator pulleys for your MK4 1.8T/2.0 engine. These pulleys are precision CNC'd from aircraft grade billet aluminum and reduce the rotating mass by more than 5 lbs! All pulleys with exception of power steering pulley ARE NORMAL DRIVE (NOT UNDER-DRIVE). Our testing has determined that ONLY the power steering pulley should be under-driven (slightly). All other pulleys in the system rotate at the OEM speed. These pulleys will not change the speed of the supercharger and will not void any supercharger warranties.

Buy them as a set and save!

These pulleys replace OEM part numbers :
06A-105-243E (06A105243E) MK4 1.8T/2.0 crank pulley
038-145-255A (038145255A) MK4 1.8T/2.0 power steering pulley
022-903-119 (022903119) MK4 1.8T/2.0 alternator pulley
06A-903-315E (06A903315E) MK4 1.8T/2.0 tensioner pulley

#3 ·

MK4 Golf / Jetta / Wagon Billet Hood Pulls !

We've been around VW's long enough to know that Murphy is a mother***! Therefore, we have crafted these billet MK4 Golf / Jetta / R32 / Wagon hood pulls from a solid blocks of aerospace grade 6061-T651 aluminum using 1 of our 5 axis CNC's. Its an exact replica of the OEM part, except made the way VW should of done it - from billet! Forget about the Pray and Pull theory, you're not breaking this one! Includes nut/bolt for the simple installation.

These billet hood pulls replace VW P/N 1J5823593C (1J5 823 593C) for MK4 Jetta / Wagon and VW P/N 1J0823593C (1J0 823 593C) for MK4 Golf / R32

#8 · (Edited)
how bout a nice short runner intake manifold? cant even have enough options for buying one of those.

or better yet an option for the crank pulley WITHOUT the power steering sheave on it.

thus saving even MORE weight.

I forget though, does the stock crank pulley setup integrate a harmonic balancer into the pulley or not? if not i may be down for one of these, if so then i'll have to think about it.

#10 ·

GruvenParts//Yarrowsport MKIV Golf/Jetta Rear Stress Bar

We are helping Yarrowsport sell their popular MKIV rear stress bar for Golf and Jetta platforms.

Stiffen up the flexible MKIV chassis with this proven rear stress bar from Yarrowsport and sold exclusively by GruvenParts.com! This bar is machined to the factory correct dimensions and installs easily with all hardware and instructions provided.

Fits all MK4 Golf and Jetta, R32 !

#11 ·
GRuvenParts.com Has NEW PARTS !!

We are working on something for everyone, stay tuned, we have lots more in production.

Finshed, Ready for Sale (Going onto site shortly)

-- MK2 9A 1.8L/2.0 16V Lightweight Billet Crank Pulleys

--Corrado G60 Billet Lightweight Alternator Pulleys

To Be Finished Soon 1-2 weeks

-- Audi A4/S4 Billet Adjustable Upper Control Arms

-- R32 / TT Adjustable Front Sway Bar End Links

-- MK2 / MK3 02A Side/Side trans cable repair blocks

-- Corrado rear deck lid billet linkages / cables - super trick !

Stay tuned for more !!

www.GruvenParts.com

#12 ·
Genuine 3K Weave Carbon Fiber w/Adhesive Backing

Looking for that trick custom upgrade to push your ride over the top at the shows?? Check out this R-E-A-L 3K Carbon Fiber Weave that we've put on an adhesive backing. We've also applied a clear coat to the Carbon to provide a deep gloss finish. Used for years in the aerospace industry, this genuine 3K carbon fiber with adhesive peel and stick backing adds strength and great looks to most any surface. Ships in (2) 10 inch x 20 inch .022 inch thick pieces.

Sheets can be easily cut with sharp scissors or razors. Makes a great decorative upgrade to any surface. Sheets are fairly flexible and can be adhered to any complex contour without drastic impressions, inside/outside corners or rapidly changing surface features. High heat and low temperature applications should be avoided. Use only where typical plastic tapes would be used.

#20 ·
Hey guys, I been seen and jotted down in my parts notebook the Pulley set you offer.. AWESOME.. is there anyone on here with testimonies with these baby's or any pictures...????

and about the carbon fiber adhesive.. does it fade in the sun????

#21 ·
We've sold quite a few sets of the pulleys so hopefully someone will chime in. It is a very good mod, and I would also suggest lightweight flywheel to reduce engine rotating mass even more.

Then on the driveline side, LIGHT wheels, light as you can go. No sense in reducing engine rotating mass then driving on 25 lbs wheels.

As for the CF weave - it is real carbon fiber with a clear coat over it. Real CF will eventually fade if you put it in the sun, so I would not use this for roof or hood panel, but its great for interior surfaces, gauge panels, ect...

#25 ·
Please let me know if you have further questions after our discussion. I am very sorry for the delay in shipping the ABA crank. They did a tool path rework on the CNC lathe to improve the product look, you will be very happy with it I promise. Unfortunately it took a bit longer than we anticipated to complete the reprogram. Please contact me direct if any other questions, we are here pretty much 24x7.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.