Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ** GruvenParts.com Has 12V VR6 Billet Goodies !!

04-28-2011 03:14 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by GruvenParts.com View Post
      Eric –

We havent made a functional prototype yet.

To all – what is the price point at which you would consider buying a full metal version ? The casting tooling for the main body ALONE would be $65,000. Add in the other pieces (MK2,MK3 adapter, + T-stat cover) and A356 production casting tooling is about $100,000. The parts would still require post process machining after casting. Net shape casting is not possible.

However, we can machine some from block 6061-T651. Drawback to machining is high part cost.

So, what is price point you guys would seriously consider? Please post or email me directly. We do have a design on CAD but this thing is quite expensive anyway you slice it. We all know the Chinese plastic versions out there some of the “less scrupulous” vendors are selling can be had dirt cheap. They arent flat and they leak a little right off the bat, but some people are OK with that (I sure as hell am not).

Please email me direct, give me an idea of what you would seriously pay if Gruven released a billet aluminum unbreakable version of the housing + components.
      Long time customer, i have had the regular crack pipe and the y-pipe (both VR) on my old jetta, now on the cabrio, full pulley setup, crack pipe, y-pipe, and shifter assembly. Adding up the plastic items (for t-stat) that you would require i got about $47 bucks for german stuff. Understandable about the parts that arent flat and leaking, but in my 10+ years, i havent seen the nipples break off (for the t-stat housing) or anything like this. As much as i want a billet assembly, i think the max i'd pay for it is $250, i dont really know if you can get it made for $200 and on the same token i cant see paying over $250.

The plan was to make the t-stat housing with female threads at the crackpipe junction, then build a crackpipe with a nut on it to physically attach the.

Anyone else please chime in on what you'd pay, we appreciate it.
      I'm not following you on the threads, unless you mean threading the coolant crack pipe, the one from the water pump Here's some images if it helps (the third picture). You want to have that screw into the crack pipe and be flanged to bolt up to the first image? This would require people that already have a crack pipe to buy another crackpipe with the new end on it, correct?

Not this one:
      Not this one:
      Yes this one:

I'll see what I can do but wouldnt hold your breath for a $200 version machined.
      Unfortunatly i think this piece would cost more to produce then it would be to you to carry, which sucks for everyone.

What other parts do you guys want ? Email, PM, or post please
      I looked for about a half hour now and i still couldnt find it. What they are is strut caps that replace the MK3 caps, made out of billet, and then have a dome top insert. There was a guy out of europe/england making them. I forget the price, but after lunch if i can find it, i'll post it. Thats the only thing that i'd like to see made as of now
      Last edited by phil123; 04-28-2011 at 03:17 PM.
      2011 Golf TDI DSG | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

FS: Porsche Wintercults | MK3.5 Mirrors

2. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      05-03-2011 08:41 AM #74
      OK thanks for the posting and the info regarding price.

Im going to make a billet thermo housing and we’ll just have to see on cost. I realize people don’t want to pay $200+ for these but my reality is I regulary track my VR6’s and the plastic just doesn’t hold up. I plan on keeping a VR6 for a very long time so..a few hundred bucks is well worth the price to me. I will do my best to keep this cost as low as possible.

Yes we were thinking a screw together crack pipe to thermo housing junction. If you look at how the OEM crack pipe mates to the thermo housing, you would understand why. You can literally tug on that junction with VERY LIGHT FORCE and get the system to leak. This wont do! Stay tuned on this, I will likely have several options to chose from here and I know price is very important. It just isnt easy to combine 5 coolant junctions with a thermostat like this, and then machine it from a block.

Regarding the billet MK3 strut caps – let me look into this. I know there was a plan to make some at 1 point and I will look into this and let you know what is going on with it.

3. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      05-12-2011 01:00 PM #75
      Any more news on that strut cap info? Would like to see how it looks. We can post up some designs if people want.

05-12-2011 01:07 PM #76
      I think it probably got deleted for the person not being a sponsor/distributor/etc...

It was basically the stock design, but then hat a fitted cap on the top, not threaded, just pressure fit.
      A2Resource |

05-12-2011 01:39 PM #77
      Okay, it got holed, but i found this on the google image search from the thread, this is the exact design:

Here's the cached page: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com
      Last edited by phil123; 05-12-2011 at 01:45 PM.
      A2Resource |

6. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      05-16-2011 03:18 PM #78
      OK we are looking into that. Thanks.

www.GruvenParts.com

7. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      06-10-2011 11:17 AM #80

Billet VR6 Crack Pipes for ALL VR6 Engines Corrado thru R32!

MACHINED FROM 6061-T651 ALUMINUM TO EXACTLY MATCH OEM PIPE DIMENSIONS - OURS DOES NOT COME WITH CHEAP THIN WALLED TAPPED FITTINGS LIKE OTHER LESSER PIPES !!

12V and 24V VR6 Coolant Pipes aka Crack Pipes

GruvenParts.com was the 1st to build this part and it’s what started us off! We manufacture this pipe EXACTLY to match the OEM part shape so there is NEVER a fitment issue. Be careful when considering other billet pipes which do not match the exact shape of the OEM pipe. The fitment of this part is tricky and the shape MUST BE IDENTICAL to the OEM part to ensure correct alignment between the water pump and thermo housing.

If you have a billet crack pipe in your VR6, chances are it was made by us. Hand crafted in our Aerospace shop using O-rings from the Boeing 777, proven by many hours of track time, it's the highest quality crack pipe you can buy. It's on all of our track cars and has withstood countless hours of track abuse! Our pipe has a modular design which allows you to plug the oil cooler feed line with a ¼ NPT plug if installing an external oil cooler. Ours can also be ordered with a chrome plated drain valve for quick and clean coolant flushes. The pipe can also be ordered with a brilliant chrome finish for those seeking the ultimate engine bay bling!

If you dont want to do this job again, buy the LIFETIME WARRANTED GruvenParts.com billet CrackPipe !

Make sure to see our website for the complete installation DIY

The 12V version replaces OEM p/n 021-121-050C (021121050C) found in 12V VR6 : VW Corrado, Golf, Jetta, Passat, and Eurovan.
      The 24V version replaces OEM p/n 022-121-050 (022121050) found in 24V VR6 : VW R32, Golf, Jetta, Eurovan, EOS, Audi : 3.2L V6 TT and A3

8. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      06-16-2011 11:10 AM #81

AAA VR6 Billet Dipsticks

www.GruvenParts.com is proud to release this Billet Dipstick for all AAA VR6 Corrado, Golf, Jetta, and Passat!

The gorgeous dipstick is CNC’d from a chunk of aerospace grade aluminum and contains 2 chemically resistant O-rings for a perfect fit and seal.

Get rid of the ugly plastic dipstick and replace with our billet version!

This part replaces the dipstick on AAA VR6 engines found on Corrado VR6, MK3 Golf, Jetta, and Passat with OEM dipstick p/n 021115607 and OEM tube p/n 021115629E.

9. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      06-29-2011 10:05 AM #82
      bump for the AAA billet dipsticks

AAA VR6 Billet Dipsticks

www.GruvenParts.com is proud to release this Billet Dipstick for all AAA VR6 Corrado, Golf, Jetta, and Passat!

The gorgeous dipstick is CNC’d from a chunk of aerospace grade aluminum and contains 2 chemically resistant O-rings for a perfect fit and seal.

This part replaces the dipstick on AAA VR6 engines found on Corrado VR6, MK3 Golf, Jetta, and Passat with OEM dipstick p/n 021115607 and OEM tube p/n 021115629E.

10. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      07-06-2011 10:26 AM #83
      How many would be interested in this aluminum rad cover for Golf and Jetta? And at what price?

Thinking about making another batch ...

Please reply on here or via email

GruvenParts MK3 Billet Rad Cover

07-06-2011 10:40 PM #84

AAA VR6 Billet Dipsticks

Is the actual dipstick portion straight metal like stock MK3 or that new MK5/MK6 twisted crap with a plastic end on it?
      A2Resource |

12. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      07-10-2011 02:12 PM #85
      It is braided stainless wire that looks really slick. I will try to get pics of that as well.

13. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      07-11-2011 08:33 AM #86

MK3 Golf/Jetta Billet Radiator Cover

Replace your plastic MK3 Golf or Jetta radiator fan cover - OEM P/N 1HM-121-343A (1HM121343A) with this machined billet aluminum version. Our part installs in minutes to give your engine bay the attention it deserves!

Ours is CNC'd from aerospace grade billet aluminum and sculpted to fit the contours of the MK3 Golf and Jetta engine bay perfectly.

Available in CNC machined finish or chrome plated. Custom engraving options are available. Send us an image of your desired engraving and we will quote it - Paul@GruvenParts.com.

Fits all 1993-1999 MK3 Golf and Jetta and replaces OEM P/N 1HM-121-343A (1HM121343A)

14. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      07-25-2011 11:28 AM #88
      Bump for more billet parts !

MACHINED FROM 6061-T651 ALUMINUM TO EXACTLY MATCH OEM PIPE DIMENSIONS - OURS DOES NOT COME WITH CHEAP THIN WALLED TAPPED FITTINGS LIKE OTHER LESSER PIPES !!

GruvenParts.com was the 1st to build this part and it’s what started us off! We manufacture this pipe EXACTLY to match the OEM part shape so there is NEVER a fitment issue. Be careful when considering other billet pipes which do not match the exact shape of the OEM pipe. The fitment of this part is tricky and the shape MUST BE IDENTICAL to the OEM part to ensure correct alignment between the water pump and thermo housing.

If you have a billet crack pipe in your VR6, chances are it was made by us. Hand crafted in our Aerospace shop using O-rings from the Boeing 777, proven by many hours of track time, it's the highest quality crack pipe you can buy. It's on all of our track cars and has withstood countless hours of track abuse! Our pipe has a modular design which allows you to plug the oil cooler feed line with a ¼ NPT plug if installing an external oil cooler. Ours can also be ordered with a chrome plated drain valve for quick and clean coolant flushes. The pipe can also be ordered with a brilliant chrome finish for those seeking the ultimate engine bay bling!

If you dont want to do this job again, buy the LIFETIME WARRANTED GruvenParts.com billet CrackPipe !

The 12V version replaces OEM p/n 021-121-050C (021121050C) found in 12V VR6 : VW Corrado, Golf, Jetta, Passat, and Eurovan.
      The 24V version replaces OEM p/n 022-121-050 (022121050) found in 24V VR6 : VW R32, Golf, Jetta, Eurovan, EOS, Audi : 3.2L V6 TT and A3

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      08-09-2011 02:44 PM #90
      VR6 oil filter housing CNC!!! Come on guys the more interest gets this part made... Bump for the best CNC around...

16. 08-12-2011 01:51 AM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by !!Wild Man!! View Post
      VR6 oil filter housing CNC!!! Come on guys the more interest gets this part made... Bump for the best CNC around...
      VR6 Oil Housing CNC sounds pretty good for me too. I am definitely interested in this part as well. Come on people, there should be more interested in this!

08-12-2011 12:43 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by 96VDUB-VR6 View Post
      VR6 Oil Housing CNC sounds pretty good for me too. I am definitely interested in this part as well. Come on people, there should be more interested in this!
      Now your talking about the part that screws on right? As the oil filter housing is already metal...
      A2Resource |

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      08-12-2011 03:00 PM #93
      yes the plastic part... of course they need to have some more R&D... BUt the more buzz and pull will be what we as consumers need to get this part made... pass this on hope all VR6 owners see this...

19. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      08-17-2011 04:03 PM #94
      Ive got all the OEM parts here and all the CAD models for each of those VR plastic oil housings. My big question is this : how much would you guys want to pay for the part, and how many want it?

Ive personally (somehow) never busted 1. But you know how I loathe anything plastic on that car. Parts like that are ticking time bombs and I would sleep better at night knowing we milled from a 6" diameter bar of aerospace aluminum. So who wants it, and at what price ? Feel free to email or post on here. As wild man Bill says, if we get interest in the part we'll do a run of them

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      08-23-2011 04:26 PM #95
      Wild Man says: el ohh el... Thanks Paul. I would be happy at 100-150 to sleep well at night and get some moar shiney bits on my AFP.

21. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      08-24-2011 11:12 PM #96
      Whos with Wild Man ??

Vehicles
      '60 Cadillac ambulance/hearse combo, '88 nissan pulsar nx xe, '01 MK4 GTI GLX
      08-25-2011 03:04 AM #97
      i'd be down for a billet oil filter housing! i've been digging the net for one for the past year.

23. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      09-06-2011 03:02 PM #98
      Anyone else want a billet oil filter housing ? Email me directly or post on here so we know you guys are in.

24. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      09-12-2011 04:39 PM #99

Billet 12V VR6 Drive Belt Pulleys - All 12V VR6

GruvenParts.com offers a complete set of ultra sleek lightweight 12V VR6 power pulleys. These include lightweight billet crank, power steering, water pump, tensioner, and alternator pulleys for your 12V VR6 engine. These pulleys are precision CNC'd from aircraft grade billet aluminum and reduce the rotating mass by a whopping 8.5 lbs! All pulleys ARE NORMAL DRIVE (NOT UNDER-DRIVE). These pulleys will not change the speed of the supercharger and will not void any supercharger warranties.

Buy them as a set and save!

These pulleys replace the following OEM part numbers :

Crank Pulley : 021-105-243 (021105243)
      Tensioner Pulley: 021-145-299 (021145299)
      Water Pump Pulley: 021-121-031A (021121031A)
      Alternator Pulley: 021-903-119 (021903119)
      Power Steering Pulley : 021-145-255 (021145255)

25. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      09-20-2011 10:00 AM #100

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      09-20-2011 02:26 PM #101
      Great parts... keeping the bay shiney!!

27. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      09-21-2011 12:00 PM #102
      This one looks borderline too much bling !

I have to get some install pics of it, since no one else out there has em, you'd be that much closer to taking the prize at any show. Cant imagine if you chrome plated it (we can do that too!)

MK3 Golf/Jetta Billet Radiator Cover

Replace your plastic MK3 Golf or Jetta radiator fan cover - OEM P/N 1HM-121-343A (1HM121343A) with this machined billet aluminum version. Our part installs in minutes to give your engine bay the attention it deserves!

Ours is CNC'd from aerospace grade billet aluminum and sculpted to fit the contours of the MK3 Golf and Jetta engine bay perfectly.

Available in CNC machined finish or chrome plated. Custom engraving options are available. Send us an image of your desired engraving and we will quote it - Paul@GruvenParts.com.

Fits all 1993-1999 MK3 Golf and Jetta and replaces OEM P/N 1HM-121-343A (1HM121343A)

28. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      10-03-2011 10:44 AM #103

Corrado Billet Upper "Rad Neck"

www.GruvenParts.com has designed a TIG welded billet version of the Corrado upper radiator neck to replace the weak plastic factory radiator neck prone to cracking and dropping chunks which clog your radiator. We closed the book on this part, and it will never need to be replaced again. "Wife-beater" t-shirt not included.

This part replaces OEM P/N 535-121-647 (535121647) found on all Corrado G60 and VR6.

29. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      10-17-2011 11:30 AM #104

DOES NOT COME WITH CHEAP THIN WALL TAPPED FITTINGS LIKE OTHER LESSER PIPES !!

Ours are completely tig welded by our licensed commercial jet aircraft repair facility! We were the 1st to build this part and its what started us off! If you have a billet crack pipe in your VR6, chances are it was made by http://www.GruvenParts.com. Hand crafted in our Aerospace shop using O-rings from the Boeing 777, proven by many hours of track time, it's the highest quality crack pipe you can buy. It's on all of our track cars and has withstood countless hours of track abuse! The 12V version replaces OEM p/n 021-121-050C (021121050C) and the 24V version replaces OEM p/n 022-121-050 (022121050).

30. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      10-27-2011 10:27 AM #105

GruvenParts//Yarrowsport MKIV Golf/Jetta Rear Stress Bar

We are helping Yarrowsport sell their popular MKIV rear stress bar for Golf and Jetta platforms.

Stiffen up the flexible MKIV chassis with this proven rear stress bar from Yarrowsport and sold exclusively by GruvenParts.com! This bar is machined to the factory correct dimensions and installs easily with all hardware and instructions provided.

Fits all MK4 Golf and Jetta, R32 !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast