Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ** GruvenParts.com Has 12V VR6 Billet Goodies !!

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      01-20-2011 06:14 PM #51
      He has arlready made one. Call him and ask. I am not at liberty to say. :laugh:

Vehicles
      1943 Flugkreisel, 1945 VRIL-7
      01-23-2011 01:14 AM #52
      I sent Paul an IM on 1-20-11 and it went unanswered.

Perhaps he'll see this and reply via IM.
      The original Dub and Dubber.
      Manche VWs sind einfach schneller als andere.

3. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      01-31-2011 09:51 AM #53
      Eric –

We havent made a functional prototype yet.

To all – what is the price point at which you would consider buying a full metal version ? The casting tooling for the main body ALONE would be $65,000. Add in the other pieces (MK2,MK3 adapter, + T-stat cover) and A356 production casting tooling is about $100,000. The parts would still require post process machining after casting. Net shape casting is not possible.

However, we can machine some from block 6061-T651. Drawback to machining is high part cost.

So, what is price point you guys would seriously consider? Please post or email me directly. We do have a design on CAD but this thing is quite expensive anyway you slice it. We all know the Chinese plastic versions out there some of the “less scrupulous” vendors are selling can be had dirt cheap. They arent flat and they leak a little right off the bat, but some people are OK with that (I sure as hell am not).

Please email me direct, give me an idea of what you would seriously pay if Gruven released a billet aluminum unbreakable version of the housing + components.

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      02-02-2011 02:07 PM #54
      You always have a fair price on things. IE your pulley kit. I figure between 150-300 seems legit. 200 would probably the best price for most people. (I just bought a new german tstat housing) hope it doesn't leak.

Now here's the real deal figure out how to machine the crack pipe and the tstat housing as one piece or just weld them together. Then the 300 dollar tag seems more than acceptable. Thanks Paul!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

5. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      02-02-2011 06:11 PM #55
      The plan was to make the t-stat housing with female threads at the crackpipe junction, then build a crackpipe with a nut on it to physically attach the 2.

Anyone else please chime in on what you'd pay, we appreciate it.

Vehicles
      96 VR6 cabby, 68 beetle and a 24v VR6 4 motion Bora
      02-02-2011 10:26 PM #56
      I would pay $300-350 for a thermostat housing...

Vehicles
      1943 Flugkreisel, 1945 VRIL-7
      02-03-2011 12:32 PM #57
      I'm firm at $200 for the thermostat housing with crack pipe adapter built-in, like the MkIV version.
      The original Dub and Dubber.
      Manche VWs sind einfach schneller als andere.

8. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      02-08-2011 11:50 AM #58
      I'll see what I can do but wouldnt hold your breath for a $200 version machined.

9. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      02-10-2011 09:07 AM #59

Billet VR6 Crack Pipes for ALL VR6 Engines Corrado thru R32!

DOES NOT COME WITH CHEAP THIN WALL TAPPED FITTINGS LIKE OTHER LESSER PIPES !!

12V and 24V VR6 Coolant Pipes aka Crack Pipes

Ours are completely tig welded by our licensed commercial jet aircraft repair facility! We were the 1st to build this part and its what started us off! If you have a billet crack pipe in your VR6, chances are it was made by http://www.GruvenParts.com. Hand crafted in our Aerospace shop using O-rings from the Boeing 777, proven by many hours of track time, it's the highest quality crack pipe you can buy. It's on all of our track cars and has withstood countless hours of track abuse! The 12V version replaces OEM p/n 021-121-050C (021121050C) and the 24V version replaces OEM p/n 022-121-050 (022121050).

10. 02-10-2011 07:26 PM #60
      just ordered a crack pipe for my vr and got it quite quickly i would refer this company to anybody looking for a quality product in a short amount of time

Vehicles
      86 GTI VR6, 03 GTI VR6
      02-11-2011 07:08 PM #61
      Military Discount?

I'm eyeballing a couple different parts.

12. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      02-17-2011 09:42 AM #62
      Send me an email, let me know what all you want.

Deepest respect for those in the military!!!

Vehicles
      86 GTI VR6, 03 GTI VR6
      02-17-2011 12:32 PM #63
      Too late... I already ordered Sunday night.

Robert Goller of Findlay, Ohio.

EDIT: Parts showed up today. Holy hell that Water Pump pulley is light! Its like holding a sheet of paper!!!
      Last edited by USMCFieldMP; 02-17-2011 at 04:55 PM.

14. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      02-21-2011 11:25 AM #64
      Lighter and stronger

Its made from a solid block of 6061-T651 instead of stamped out of sheet steel like the OEM version. Show us some install pics!

Quote Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP View Post
      Too late... I already ordered Sunday night.

Robert Goller of Findlay, Ohio.

EDIT: Parts showed up today. Holy hell that Water Pump pulley is light! Its like holding a sheet of paper!!!

15. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      03-07-2011 04:53 PM #65
      What other parts do you guys want ? Email, PM, or post please

www.GruvenParts.com

16. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      03-15-2011 09:16 AM #66
      Thermo housing update ... finally ....

We have scanned both early and late style thermo housings on our CMM and imported the point clouds to CAD.

CAD models have been created and are in process of test fit / modification.

I cant say this will be a $200 part but we are trying our best.

If there are some additional features you guys want to see on these VR6 thermo housings, please email me directly so I can convey the idea to the designers. I know some people mentioned additional ¼ NPT holes for various additional sensors. We can do bleed valves, drains, ect… while we are at it.

I plan to post a detailed project update section on the website so everyone can see the amount of firepower being thrown at this. $500,000 CMM, $100,000 Catia software, a gizzillion hours of engineering, and the HAAS CNC’s being programmed and machined to build. Stay tuned, things are happening with the thermo housing project. This 1 is more challenging than most of the commercial aircraft parts we machine!

17. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      03-21-2011 02:32 PM #67
      Got an 02A Trans ?? Then you better have a look at these upgraded billet shift linkage parts !

02A Billet Stainless Steel Short Shifter Bracket
      Replace the weak plastic link in your cable shift mechanism with this one made from Aerospace grade, hardened stainless steel. Reduces side/side shift throw by 35%! This part replaces OEM P/N 1J0-711-256 (1J0711256) common to most 02A cable shift MK3, MK4 Jettas, Golfs, TDI’s, Beetles, Passats, and Corrado VR6.

Replaces OEM P/N 1J0-711-256 (1J0711256)

Stainless FWD/AFT Steel Shift Cable Repair Block

GruvenParts.com is proud to release this solid stainless fwd/aft cable shift repair block for cable shift VW vehicles. This part will quickly replace the weak forward end of the factory fwd/aft shift cable P/N 1H0711265 (1HO-711-265) where it connects to the transmission linkage. There is no need to source an entire shift cable mechanism (which is very hard to find, and also quite pricey) in the event of a broken fwd/aft shift cable. And if your cable is not yet broken, throw 1 of these in the glove box and be prepared for the inevitable!

This repair block repairs the FWD/AFT cable P/N 1H0711265 (1HO-711-265) common to most 02A cable shift MK3, MK4 Jettas, Golfs, TDI’s, Beetles, Passats, and Corrado VR6.

Stainless SIDE/SIDE Steel Shift Cable Repair Block

GruvenParts.com now also has solid stainless side/side cable shift repair blocks for cable shift VW vehicles. Once again, there is no need to source an entire shift cable mechanism (which is very hard to find, and also quite pricey) in the event of a broken shift cable. And if your cable is not yet broken, throw 1 of these in the glove box and be prepared for the inevitable!

Add some indestructible hardware to the factory cable shift mechanism where it needs it most! Buy these parts together and save!!

Vehicles
      '01 JTI VRT
      03-21-2011 05:11 PM #68
      In for thermostat housing!

I'd love one that had female threads and the ability to choose to screw in NPT/barb, AN fittings (10AN+), or even plugs for those not running heaters.

$200-$350 is totally reasonable for something like this.

Ina Engineering sells 1.8t tstat housings for $189.

1. "Wheels" and you better not get them until your subframe is hitting pebbles
      2. Get rid of body lines, don't add new ones
      3. If you post a sob story, you must follow with tits.
      4. It's "Mark IV" not "Em Kay IV"
      5. Your car is irrelevant. People only like you because of your post count.

19. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      03-28-2011 02:04 PM #69
      Bump for billet goodness and lots more is on the way !

www.GruvenParts.com

20. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      04-05-2011 01:54 PM #70

Billet 12V VR6 Drive Belt Pulleys - All 12V VR6

GruvenParts.com offers a complete set of ultra sleek lightweight 12V VR6 power pulleys. These include lightweight billet crank, power steering, water pump, tensioner, and alternator pulleys for your 12V VR6 engine. These pulleys are precision CNC'd from aircraft grade billet aluminum and reduce the rotating mass by a whopping 8.5 lbs! All pulleys with exception of power steering pulley ARE NORMAL DRIVE (NOT UNDER-DRIVE). Our testing has determined that ONLY the power steering pulley should be under-driven (slightly). All other pulleys in the system rotate at the OEM speed. These pulleys will not change the speed of the supercharger and will not void any supercharger warranties.

Buy them as a set and save!

These pulleys replace the following OEM part numbers :

Crank Pulley : 021-105-243 (021105243)
      Tensioner Pulley: 021-145-299 (021145299)
      Water Pump Pulley: 021-121-031A (021121031A)
      Alternator Pulley:
      Power Steering Pulley : 021-145-255 (021145255)

04-28-2011 03:14 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by GruvenParts.com View Post
      Eric –

We havent made a functional prototype yet.

To all – what is the price point at which you would consider buying a full metal version ? The casting tooling for the main body ALONE would be $65,000. Add in the other pieces (MK2,MK3 adapter, + T-stat cover) and A356 production casting tooling is about $100,000. The parts would still require post process machining after casting. Net shape casting is not possible.

However, we can machine some from block 6061-T651. Drawback to machining is high part cost.

So, what is price point you guys would seriously consider? Please post or email me directly. We do have a design on CAD but this thing is quite expensive anyway you slice it. We all know the Chinese plastic versions out there some of the “less scrupulous” vendors are selling can be had dirt cheap. They arent flat and they leak a little right off the bat, but some people are OK with that (I sure as hell am not).

Please email me direct, give me an idea of what you would seriously pay if Gruven released a billet aluminum unbreakable version of the housing + components.
      Long time customer, i have had the regular crack pipe and the y-pipe (both VR) on my old jetta, now on the cabrio, full pulley setup, crack pipe, y-pipe, and shifter assembly. Adding up the plastic items (for t-stat) that you would require i got about $47 bucks for german stuff. Understandable about the parts that arent flat and leaking, but in my 10+ years, i havent seen the nipples break off (for the t-stat housing) or anything like this. As much as i want a billet assembly, i think the max i'd pay for it is $250, i dont really know if you can get it made for $200 and on the same token i cant see paying over $250.

The plan was to make the t-stat housing with female threads at the crackpipe junction, then build a crackpipe with a nut on it to physically attach the.

Anyone else please chime in on what you'd pay, we appreciate it.
      I'm not following you on the threads, unless you mean threading the coolant crack pipe, the one from the water pump Here's some images if it helps (the third picture). You want to have that screw into the crack pipe and be flanged to bolt up to the first image? This would require people that already have a crack pipe to buy another crackpipe with the new end on it, correct?

Not this one:
      Not this one:
      Yes this one:

I'll see what I can do but wouldnt hold your breath for a $200 version machined.
      Unfortunatly i think this piece would cost more to produce then it would be to you to carry, which sucks for everyone.

What other parts do you guys want ? Email, PM, or post please
      I looked for about a half hour now and i still couldnt find it. What they are is strut caps that replace the MK3 caps, made out of billet, and then have a dome top insert. There was a guy out of europe/england making them. I forget the price, but after lunch if i can find it, i'll post it. Thats the only thing that i'd like to see made as of now
      Last edited by phil123; 04-28-2011 at 03:17 PM.
      2014 Focus ST | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

FS: MK3.5 Mirrors

22. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      05-03-2011 08:41 AM #74
      OK thanks for the posting and the info regarding price.

Im going to make a billet thermo housing and we’ll just have to see on cost. I realize people don’t want to pay $200+ for these but my reality is I regulary track my VR6’s and the plastic just doesn’t hold up. I plan on keeping a VR6 for a very long time so..a few hundred bucks is well worth the price to me. I will do my best to keep this cost as low as possible.

Yes we were thinking a screw together crack pipe to thermo housing junction. If you look at how the OEM crack pipe mates to the thermo housing, you would understand why. You can literally tug on that junction with VERY LIGHT FORCE and get the system to leak. This wont do! Stay tuned on this, I will likely have several options to chose from here and I know price is very important. It just isnt easy to combine 5 coolant junctions with a thermostat like this, and then machine it from a block.

Regarding the billet MK3 strut caps – let me look into this. I know there was a plan to make some at 1 point and I will look into this and let you know what is going on with it.

23. Banner Advertiser GruvenParts.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Too many to list !
      05-12-2011 01:00 PM #75
      Any more news on that strut cap info? Would like to see how it looks. We can post up some designs if people want.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast