VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

** GruvenParts.com Has Billet Touareg Goodies !

34K views 133 replies 20 participants last post by  Chad@GruvenParts.com 
#1 ·

Audi/VW 4.2V8 Intake Linkage Arms !

GruvenParts.com 4.2L V8 Intake Manifold Linkage Arms Warranted for Life !

Got a 4.2L V8 Audi or VW ? Then you had better check your intake manifold actuator arms (p/n 077198327A)! The OEM versions quickly break, leaving your intake manifold rod stuck, causing poor idle, drivability, loss of power, and poor fuel mileage. This is a very common problem on the 4.2L V8.

Our intake manifold arms have an aerospace grade billet aluminum body with thread on carbon fiber composite ball end links. The composite end links are actually STRONGER than the aerospace grade aluminum body itself!

This is how we can warranty them for life!

Dont go to the VW/Audi dealer and pay upwards of $400 for the new actuator kit when all you need are the arms (the actuators themselves rarely fail). And DONT pay that kind of money for another set of plastic arms that will break in quick order.

Go with GruvenParts.com and NEVER WORRY ABOUT THIS AGAIN !

Fits the following vehicles:

2004-2007 VW Phaeton V8
2003+ VW Touareg V8
2002-2004 Audi A6/Avant
1998-2004 Audi A6/S6 Quattro
2000+ Audi A8/S8 Quattro

OEM P/N 077198327A (077-198-327A)

See less See more
#2 ·

VR6 Billet Aux Water Pump Bracket – All VR6

This part replaces the useless rubber donut OEM P/N 035-959-209E (035959209E) that does a poor job supporting your PRICEY auxiliary water pump, and related PRICEY hoses. The OEM rubber donut allows the weight of the pump and hoses to sag, causing stress which can lead to pump and hose failure. Our billet version is the way VW should of designed it to begin with and locks the pump and hoses tight! On or off track, this part will secure the aux pump and prevent pump and hose failure.

Replaces OEM P/N 035-959-209E (035959209E) common to the following vehicles -

Corrado - all VR6
Eos - 2007 + 3.2L VR6
Eurovan - All VR6
R32 - 2004
Golf, Jetta, Jetta Wagon - 1993-2007 All VR6
Passat - 1992-2005 - All VR6 and V8
Phaeton - 2004-2007 6L V12
Touareg - 2003 on 3.2L VR6

#5 ·
How 'bout some skid plates, preferably in aluminum? Our current options seem limited to top dollar (from Deutschland) or custom jobs.

#7 ·
I've hunted around for drawings or dimensions. But aside from photos, there don't appear to be any available online.

There's an underbody protection kit for the Cayenne that may fit the Touareg (see below links). A few threads on Club T'reg have talked about fitting one, but no one has posted an actual photo or description of the install. This might provide a template for a Touareg version in aluminum, or the basis for a steel one that requires tweaking to fit.
http://donrosenporsche.oemdealer.com/cayenne-underside-protection-plate-prod1438_2338_24701.php
http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/9PA-03-06/801-70.php?pn=95550426300
http://www.porsche.com/all/media/flash/tequipment/cayenne-2ndgeneration/catalogue/int/index.htm#/14/

One Club T'reg member--Mountain Lord--has produced a few units of his own design. But I haven't found any photos or other details about this version.

Here's the set from the Touareg Expedition Edition (see link below). Last I heard, it was nearly 5k euros for the full kit. But I don't think anyone has actually seen it on a vehicle this side of the pond.
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f66/skid-plates-from-vw-touareg-expedition-edition-20995.html

Finally, there's the ORC set desiged for the Touareg. It looks straightforward enough, but may not be cost-effective shipped from Germany.
http://www.orc.de//produkte/produkt...ache=2&Orc_Session=9gsumstg0ndfahfq2tghbc5kr0

Not sure this helps much, but that's what I've come up with.

#9 ·

Got a 4.2L V8 Audi or VW ? Then you had better check your intake manifold actuator arms (p/n 077198327A)! The OEM versions quickly break, leaving your intake manifold rod stuck, causing poor idle, drivability, loss of power, and poor fuel mileage. This is a very common problem on the 4.2L V8.

Our intake manifold arms have an aerospace grade billet aluminum body with thread on carbon fiber composite ball end links. The composite end links are actually STRONGER than the aerospace grade aluminum body itself!

Dont go to the VW/Audi dealer and pay upwards of $400 for the new actuator kit when all you need are the arms (the actuators themselves rarely fail). And DONT pay that kind of money for another set of plastic arms that will break in quick order.

2004-2007 VW Phaeton V8
2003+ VW Touareg V8
2002-2004 Audi A6/Avant
2000+ Audi A8/S8 Quattro

#10 ·
Genuine 3K Weave Carbon Fiber w/Adhesive Backing

Genuine 3K Weave Carbon Fiber w/Adhesive Backing

Looking for that trick custom upgrade to push your ride over the top at the shows?? Check out this R-E-A-L 3K Carbon Fiber Weave that we've put on an adhesive backing. We've also applied a clear coat to the Carbon to provide a deep gloss finish. Used for years in the aerospace industry, this genuine 3K carbon fiber with adhesive peel and stick backing adds strength and great looks to most any surface. Ships in (2) 10 inch x 20 inch .022 inch thick pieces.

Sheets can be easily cut with sharp scissors or razors. Makes a great decorative upgrade to any surface. Sheets are fairly flexible and can be adhered to any complex contour without drastic impressions, inside/outside corners or rapidly changing surface features. High heat and low temperature applications should be avoided. Use only where typical plastic tapes would be used.

#12 ·

2004-2007 VW Phaeton V8
2003+ VW Touareg V8
2002-2004 Audi A6/Avant
2000+ Audi A8/S8 Quattro

#13 ·

2004-2007 VW Phaeton V8
2003+ VW Touareg V8
2002-2004 Audi A6/Avant
2000+ Audi A8/S8 Quattro

"The GruvenParts.com 4.2 V8 billet intake links saved me $721.00 over my dealer price! Thanks guys!! ... D. Jacobs, Chicago, IL

"Thanks for making this part. A friend of mine who works at my Audi dealer recommended your company after I saw their estimate. You saved me a ton of $$." J. Thompson, Miami, FL

#15 ·

Billet Audi and VW Washer Fluid Cap

Ditch the ugly blue washer fluid cap (or half tennis ball if you’re really ghetto) with one of these slick billet aluminum 6061-T651 versions.

Ours are CNC machined for a perfect fit and can be ordered in a variety of colors and finishes – including anodized or highly polished. Simply remove the old cap and press fit this one right into the washer tank.

This product replaces OEM P/N 1K0-955-455 (1K0955455), 1H0-955-455 (1H0955455), and fits nearly every VW and Audi in existence. So, there’s no excuse to rock the half tennis ball anymore!

#24 · (Edited)
I think the problem is the size (and complexity) of required underbody protection. As a result, it's probably not something that's easily represented with cardboard or plastic sheet.

Here are some threads from Club Touareg that discuss the requirements and/or show custom versions.
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f67/underbody-protection-44101.html
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f66/vw-oem-metal-skid-plates-43208.html
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f67/underbelly-protection-26167.html
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f64/pics-of-a-t-reg-with-skid-plates-front-and-rear-11283.html

Realistically, you're probably going to need to track down a T'reg owner and put their rig on a lift for detailed measurements. If I was closer to you guys, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps--Chris

#26 ·
Thanks Chris.

Any Touareg owners near Atlanta that can help us?
Hello, normally I post on Club Touareg, but I was alerted to this thread and came here to say that I will be in Atlanta at some point this spring, and I would be glad to lend my Touareg for a few days to help develop a skidplate.

I think there is a huge demand for some professionally made underbody protection for the Touareg. The only options seems to be the VW plastic "skidplates" that do nothing and are for looks, and the massive, 5,000 euro full expedition setup (seen below, which is awesome but more than most people are willing to spend, if they can even get it here).

There are one or two individuals fabbing some skids, but I know that myself and many others would prefer something a little more professionally made, that is beyond the capabilities of most people. So anyway, if you can't find someone willing to help before this spring, I will provide more details when it gets a little closer to the time for my trip. BTW I have an '04 V8 with air suspension, not sure if it makes a difference though.

-Randy

#27 ·
Thanks Randy. If you know of someone currently making the skidplate, have them call or email me directly. Perhaps we can work with them to build a more "professional" version since we have access to all the CNC bending and laser cutting equipment needed.

If not, then yes we would certainly love to measure your car and develop our own plate. I am looking for owners to also email me suggestions for features they want to see incorporated into the design. Steel, aluminum, composite, size/coverage, access, mounting style, ect... And of course, target price point we need to stay close to.

If there is interest, we will make these . Please email me directly and post on this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.