VWVortex

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: I heart lego's

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      09-27-2010 12:19 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
      lol and youll still run 12s.
      Hey...I live my life a 1/4 at a time....
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife
      Kicks...Clothes...Cars...Ho's...THINGS I DO BEST!

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      09-27-2010 12:20 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      Hey...I live my life a 1/4 at a time....

lol

Vehicles
      '89 GTI 16V
      09-27-2010 01:14 PM #38
      This Jetta will be all function over form. I'm shooting for big power with minimal weight. The engine/drivetrain will be "Phase1" of the build. Exterior's "Phase2 & Interior's "Phase3". No fancy shaved bay or shine bits, unless its making me power.
      Wait, wait, wait. Hold it.

No tire stretching?

No air bag suspension?

Psh. I bet you don't even wear your little sister's jeans, either. You aren't cool.

So nice to see the performance world isn't completely dead. It may be on life support, but it's not dead.
      Quote Originally Posted by SGLoki View Post
      I believe rupaul is the tallest trans.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      09-27-2010 01:38 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by URIN 2ND View Post
      Wait, wait, wait. Hold it.

No tire stretching?

No air bag suspension?

Psh. I bet you don't even wear your little sister's jeans, either. You aren't cool.

So nice to see the performance world isn't completely dead. It may be on life support, but it's not dead.
      1. Moderate stretch

2. I considered bags. Most of the local dub guys around here are on air. Expert installers.....but thats not me. Besides, i have a factory bagged wagon already

3. My little sister is 32

As for the ideas i had in the first post, those are getting somewhat tossed. Those ideas were for the 4 door pictured above. I'm now building another Coupe. No major paint work needed (Apline White) but the stuff that needs painting will be done before it gets put together.....I'll say no more...i rather show it.....stay tuned
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife

Vehicles
      Scirocco 16v, E34 540i
      09-27-2010 02:24 PM #40

I'm looking forward to see what you do with this one. Too bad about the coupe though.
      The blues ain't nothin' but a good man feelin' bad.

Tschüß Gilda
      Hallo Birgit

10-01-2010 02:09 AM #41
      [IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
      Last edited by 97VRT; 10-01-2010 at 02:11 AM.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-01-2010 02:52 AM #42
      Muahahaha hahahaha .....

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-06-2010 10:38 PM #43
      Back for a week in the hospital...time to start stacking some parts as i need to rest for a few weeks...

Coupe idea is now scratched. Turns out the guy i was getting it from hasn't even gotten it yet so i'm not gonna wait. I'm getting my deposit back on Sat.

After some talking with my brother and uncle, i'll be using the 92 4dr. I'm kinda getting tired of the 2 dr thing and i think i can do something with the 4dr. initially i though the undercarriage was rusty. Other then the K-Frame & rear beam are rusty so i'll swap that out.

Now the dilemma. Should i keep the big bumpers or swap out for the smalls. I'm a small bumper guy but it will be difficult for me to mount the FMIC without it hanging out in nowhere land. I'm leaning towards keeping the big bumpers. I just gotta fix the skirts.

I need to hunt for some interior I'm not gonna swap in the GTI interior so i'll need to start sourcing some Recaro's.

FTW, Thats my setup in the pic's above. Anthony made 800whp on that setup (3.0L VR). 600-650whp should be easy. Working on a barter deal with a friend for a VWMS *rep* dog mesh straight cut geared 6 spd. *fingers crossed* but i won't get it till after new years.

This is happening....woohoo....

The list of Thanks
      Anthony - For the awesome setup. Can't wait to get it.
      Chris Lane - For the wheels, adapters, and coils....and his patience...

Be back later...gotta take my med's

9. 10-06-2010 10:42 PM #44
      NP Dreadz and keep the bigs, easier to hid the FMIC and more sleeperish.
      Chris Lane - fifteen52 - Join us on Facebook
      chris@fifteen52.us 813.505.7910 - direct : 213.373.1552
      RML | 52 Wheels | KW | ST | B&G | Newing-Alpil | C2 | Air-Lift

10. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 vw gti 16vt, 1999 Golf 4dr 2.Slo
      10-07-2010 12:20 AM #45

FTW, Thats my setup in the pic's above. Anthony made 800whp on that setup (3.0L VR). 600-650whp should be easy. Working on a barter deal with a friend for a VWMS *rep* dog mesh straight cut geared 6 spd. *fingers crossed* but i won't get it till after new years.

Anthony - For the awesome setup. Can't wait to get it.
      Chris Lane - For the wheels, adapters, and coils....and his patience...

Be back later...gotta take my med's
      Building a real 600 hp car is damn hard to do.. But if you are getting a full setup from someone or just 100% mimicking them then the quest should go pretty smooth.. Ive seen so many people shout about how they are going to make a zillion HP or there car has 400hp only to have them dyno it at 260 hehehehe. You have a zillion posts so i will take this one seriously and cant wait to see the finished product.. And i say stick with the wheels that were on the coupe!
      My VW isnt VW enough for VW people
      ANTI-STRETCH
      Quote Originally Posted by subliminalmk1 View Post
      ATTENTION to all new mk2 owners . Everything you can think of to do has been done. Every idea you have is unoriginal. Everything you find on the internets is a repost. Please search. Thank you and have a nice day. GTFO

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-07-2010 01:22 AM #46
      You are right. This isn't my first drive around the block though. Just finished a 608whp CC not long ago using a built HPA block & head, HPA's one off 3.6 turbo kit and a "messaged" rear diff using a Haledex controller. Before that was a 340whp AEB 2.0T mk4. My goals were 650whp and like i said, Anthony has already pass that with the setup he had. He ran a fully built 3.0L. I know it won't be hard with the 2.8.

I'm buying a kit thats already put together. Anthony (97VRT) has done all the work for me. If i was to piece this together myself, i'd be in the 6-6.5k range. I'm gonna take what he started and build from there. It's a Kenetic based kit. Anthony just upgraded with his own pieces. He knows his **** and i trust the setup.

As far as the wheels that were on the Coupe, hell no!! I'm so tired of them. Besides, it's safe to say, there's no one here that has the new wheels which is what i'm shooting for. The color combo i have for this project is gonna be sweet

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      10-07-2010 07:10 AM #47
      wheel spin all day..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicles
      86 Jetta GT Special + 88 Jetta GTI 16v + 89 GTI Eng Golf Syncro + 90 Golf Country + 91 Golf GTD
      10-07-2010 09:00 AM #48
      keep the big bumpers fella- discreet and more aerodynamic too

10-08-2010 01:56 PM #49
      That mk2 is going to hurt egos big time.

Vehicles
      Porsche 911 Mercedes e55 AMG
      10-08-2010 02:18 PM #50
      you can easily hide the ic behind the grille also. That way you will keep it stealthy. A friend has this setup on his 1.8t swap.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-08-2010 10:20 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by 97VRT View Post
      That mk2 is going to hurt egos big time.
      Yo...i just saw that video........The Evo was scared...hahaha...You got me AMP'D!!!...ARGHHHH!!!!

The only reason why i'm debating the whole bumper thing is that i gave my brother the front bumper thinking i wasn't gonna keep the car. Now i gotta search for another front big bumper. Also, the skirts and rear bumper need fixing. It looks like someone tapped the rear. It has a crinkle along the lower part between the bumper & taillights.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-12-2010 09:13 PM #52
      Getting another mk2 Jetta instead...

The body is near mint. Only has 60k. I'm getting it from the same guy i got the black one from. He's actually gonna take the black one back and gimme this one (with a bit of cash on top)

Stratos Blue?

10-13-2010 06:24 PM #53
      60k with a clean body, very nice find man . talk about sleeper

Vehicles
      wagoon.
      10-13-2010 06:28 PM #54
      excellent.

Vehicles
      disco, new wave, rave era german iron...and a Japanese V8 with a tailgate
      10-13-2010 07:28 PM #55
      <----not from the Caribbean, yet gets the 'Lego Dub' reference.
      Quote Originally Posted by spoon! View Post
      I'll go if Paul goes.
      Rod Blagojevich - Team My Little Pony

Vehicles
      2 VRs on BBSssss
      10-13-2010 07:30 PM #56
      Yo...i just saw that video........The Evo was scared...hahaha...You got me AMP'D!!!...ARGHHHH!!!!
      link to video?
      CHECK OUT MY BAND

Between the Lions

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-13-2010 07:34 PM #57
      I'll be happy when i get it home. I'm itching really bad to wrench on my own ride.

Stay tuned. Soon as get the turbo stuff, i'll be building.

Anthony, if you read this, i'm gonna call you in a bit.

10-15-2010 01:22 AM #58
      The turbo kit is in route

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      10-15-2010 10:28 AM #59
      4 door is where it's at these days...... 2 doors are plaid out !!!! every ahole abused the 2 door body all ready lol

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-15-2010 02:10 PM #60
      I f***kin' HATE Paypal.... ARGHHH!!! They have a security team that does nothing else but search your public records.

3 HUGE and a 6 pk to Anthony...

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      10-15-2010 02:35 PM #61
      I f***kin' HATE Paypal.... ARGHHH!!! They have a security team that does nothing else but search your public records.

3 HUGE and a 6 pk to Anthony...

why what happen?

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-15-2010 02:58 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by dubbinmk2 View Post
      why what happen?
      Nothing that couldn't be fixed. I haven't used PP in a long time and they've gotten really strict since i used it last.

10-18-2010 12:34 PM #63
      any updates on the shell or anything?

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-29-2010 08:04 PM #64
      Heads done....

Block is next. A nice clean, seal replacement & some paint. Should be done this week.

9:1 headspacer (Thanks jerzee_tek)

And the goods thats sitting in my office

And 2 boxes full of stuff (Thanks Anthony)

I took apart the other VR as it will be dropped off on Monday. Specs when done..
      8.5:1 Wiseco (82mm)
      Pauter H beams rods
      Balanced crank

Head...
      Full TT spread Big valve of course. Collin gave me a sweet deal thanks to the bossman (Thanks Daryl)
      Still deciding on cams...
      i'm going with a 75mm BBK TB & Custom dual chamber SRI.
      Picking up a metal valve cover so he can weld in the ports for the catch can (gettin rid of the stock one)

Sadly it won't be done till spring. My machinist is swamped and he's getting married in Dec. so there's no rush. I still have 2 other VR's to blow up in the meantime.

There are a few things that i still have to get. Just waitin on Paypal to transfer some money into my account.

I still haven't picked up the Jetta yet. Trying to work out a deal with him. I'm trying to keep the cost of this build to the bare minimum and i've exceeded my limited by a few hundred. I'll be selling off some stuff to cover the cost of some of the parts.

Stay tuned.....

Vehicles
      1989 VW Jetta GLI, 2004 Audi A6 s-line 2.7t, 93 Corrado VR
      10-29-2010 11:23 PM #65
      subscribed

31. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 vw gti 16vt, 1999 Golf 4dr 2.Slo
      10-30-2010 12:12 AM #66
      mmmmm turbro! hehehe
      My VW isnt VW enough for VW people
      ANTI-STRETCH
      Quote Originally Posted by subliminalmk1 View Post
      ATTENTION to all new mk2 owners . Everything you can think of to do has been done. Every idea you have is unoriginal. Everything you find on the internets is a repost. Please search. Thank you and have a nice day. GTFO

10-30-2010 01:40 PM #67
      HOLY FAT SNAIL BATMAN

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-30-2010 01:46 PM #68
      Stop teasin' me!

How's the 337?

Vehicles
      97 golf.
      10-30-2010 03:38 PM #69
      how bad is the windsheild frame i mean the car looked super clean in the picture

Vehicles
      Samoa Red b5.5 , 88 lemon 16v , fat fendered 69 ragtop
      10-30-2010 03:41 PM #70
      they should change subscribed to stalked

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast