12-07-2010 02:54 PM #106
      dreadzy

wheels are gonna look awesome.
      <---- we are soooooooooo coooooooooooooool
      TRADE FOR MY SHEEP SHOES!
      Quote Originally Posted by tomdooley View Post
      your timing belt should be tighter than kinkerstinker's pants

12-07-2010 03:14 PM #107
      looking good dreadz oh and for the metal valve cover you can use the little oem bolts that hold the 12v vr6 oil pan on, its the same thread and perfect length

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-07-2010 03:15 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by 97VRT View Post
      looking good dreadz oh and for the metal valve cover you can use the little oem bolts that hold the 12v vr6 oil pan on, its the same thread and perfect length
      Good info Anthony. I have like 30 *NIB* OEM oilpan bolts.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife
      Kicks...Clothes...Cars...Ho's...THINGS I DO BEST!

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      12-07-2010 03:51 PM #109
      you plan to daily 500+ WHP car? there is no traction? and where the hell can you drive with that much HP around NY area? will be a sweet ride for sure.

160 MPH ON L.I.E lololololololol

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-07-2010 04:19 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by dubbinmk2 View Post
      you plan to daily 500+ WHP car? there is no traction? and where the hell can you drive with that much HP around NY area? will be a sweet ride for sure.

160 MPH ON L.I.E lololololololol
      Big turbo doesn't equal full throttle all the time. It knowing you have the power when needed. And i don't speed. I'm to old for that schit. None of my crew speed or street race when we're out cruising and most of us have big turbo VW/Audi's.

Word from the wise...cause you're my lil' homie...
      You have to move out of that speed racer mentality cause it doesn't matter how old you are, that statement made you sound like a 17 yr old. Big men baby their beast 90-95% of the time. Young guy's die trying to show off. Don't believe, search in the archives.

The older members remember the kid that bought that big turbo VRT mk2 GTI. Cagged, racing buckets. I think he bought it off of Billy T. He & his passenger died 2 weeks after buying it. racing on the highway and hit a school bus. Passenger got decapitated by the rollcage. Sucks because everyone told him he was gonna kill himself. There is a solid 5 people in know that were members here died speeding & street racing.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      12-07-2010 04:23 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      Big turbo doesn't equal full throttle all the time. It knowing you have the power when needed. And i don't speed. I'm to old for that schit. None of my crew speed or street race when we're out cruising and most of us have big turbo VW/Audi's.

You have to move out of that speed racer mentality cause it doesn't matter how old you are, that statement made you sound like a 17 yr old. Big men baby their beast 90-95% of the time. Young guy's die trying to show off. Don't believe, search in the archives.

The older members remember the kid that bought that big turbo VRT mk2 GTI. Cagged, racing buckets. I think he bought it off of Billy T. He & his passenger died 2 weeks after buying it. racing on the highway and hit a school bus. Passenger got decapitated by the rollcage. Sucks because everyone told him he was gonna kill himself. There is a solid 5 people in know that were members here died speeding & street racing.

I agree you don't have to tell me...... been there done that........ i don't speed in my vrt at all

wasn't there a vr6 a2 where the KID plowed into a tree or something 1-2 years ago?

I guess two gear chirps in 2 years will out me in the BIG Man category? and the chirps were for testing purposes only
      Last edited by dubbinmk2; 12-07-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Vehicles
      91 vr, 91 yota
      12-07-2010 04:27 PM #112
      I agree you don't have to tell me...... been there done that........ i don't speed in my vrt at all

wasn't there a vr6 a2 where the KID plowed into a tree or something 1-2 years ago?
      it's running? (not trying to be a dick. seriously wondering.)
      <---- we are soooooooooo coooooooooooooool
      TRADE FOR MY SHEEP SHOES!
      Quote Originally Posted by tomdooley View Post
      your timing belt should be tighter than kinkerstinker's pants

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      12-07-2010 04:36 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by kinkerstinker View Post
      it's running? (not trying to be a dick. seriously wondering.)

yeh it's running, still have to fix my leaky radiator, blinkers, heat and couple of other small items...

runs good drove it for a week and parked back in storage till i have some free time in my life to finish up the rest of the garbage. Right now with work and holidays don't have time for the car and it's been getting cold out lately

dreadz cant wait to see this thing in action man!!! best of luck to you and your new project
      Last edited by dubbinmk2; 12-07-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Vehicles
      '08 Rabbit
      12-07-2010 04:58 PM #114
      Everyone does at some point, I know in every car there is a time when you jump on it just to wind it out. Why build it if you'll never try it out? I get what your'e saying, there is no need to race around like a jackass but every now and then goosing the throttle to the floor just to see what it'll do it a guilty pleasure any driver of a big hp car will do. My pop is 65 and on occasion will carpet the pedal in his rado just to wind it up, never on a crowded road, but an open country lane or empty stretch of highway is an ok place to give it a momentary romp.
      Disclaimer: I might be a jerk, it's not personal. | Subscriber to: Windshield Sticker of the Month Club: The gift that keeps on givin'.

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      12-07-2010 05:01 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by -DOOMED- View Post
      Everyone does at some point, I know in every car there is a time when you jump on it just to wind it out. Why build it if you'll never try it out? I get what your'e saying, there is no need to race around like a jackass but every now and then goosing the throttle to the floor just to see what it'll do it a guilty pleasure any driver of a big hp car will do. My pop is 65 and on occasion will carpet the pedal in his rado just to wind it up, never on a crowded road, but an open country lane or empty stretch of highway is an ok place to give it a momentary romp.

for sure..... i was coming home from work it was about 3:30 am no cars no nothing I gave ti a good blast for a minute or two....why not you know? just can't being doing that crap every day and doing while people are driving home and to work.... gotta be smart when you can do it and when not to do it...

also depends on where you live, cant be speeding around Midtown Manhattan you know

my step father lets his bmw rip at least 4-6 times a year... (67 years old)

Cant wait to blow his doors in BTW 99 m3 coupe 240-250 HP? his chipped and has exhaust and cone filter and thats about it...
      Last edited by dubbinmk2; 12-07-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      12-07-2010 05:15 PM #116

but you did street race I bet back in the day, around 98-2001 hunts point era? no? so everyone does it in their life time. I lost 2 cars because of speeding so I learned my lesson when i was younger. As they say you live and you learn

Last edited by dubbinmk2; 12-07-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Vehicles
      stock TSI & stage 2 FSI
      12-07-2010 07:15 PM #117

vw a1 g60t is making it for me. There will be a group buy very soon on them. Great deal. It includes the fuel rail too.
      im going to have to contact him...depending on the price though, right now i cannot afford a zornig mani

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-07-2010 07:39 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by ratdub View Post
      im going to have to contact him...depending on the price though, right now i cannot afford a zornig mani
      Tell him i sent you. He'll work with you. It's coming from Canada BTW....

Vehicles
      stock TSI & stage 2 FSI
      12-07-2010 07:44 PM #119
      Tell him i sent you. He'll work with you. It's coming from Canada BTW....
      thanks dreadz

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-09-2010 05:55 PM #120
      I finally got my IC and lemme tell you, this thing is well built. I've also been searching around for more info and this is what i've come across.....

It was specially made for Seat/Skoda Motorsports factory team by J.Dues. J.Dues is a Spain based manuf. of radiators & Intercoolers for car manuf...mainly all the VW line up (Lambo, Bugatti, Audi, Seat, Skoda & VW)

There were a limited amount made (something like 20 or so...) and most of them were on the factory Championship winning Skoda Octavia Rally car back in the '00-01 season.

It was designed around the 1.8T where the intake & outlet on the same side. They used a High Density Core (15x15x3.5") and welded one-off casted end tanks. These things are THICK! I've seen cheap reproductions that went for $1500.

From i gathered on the Skoda forums, they are very hard to come by. Manuf. This is equal to finding a BNIB Golf Rallye custom VWMS IC that was only used on their factory team race cars......Brand new i might add. Such a great find and i like to thank Mike @ Vlad over at TyrolSport for it.

I finally set a date to get the Jetta home (Sat.) and i'm so happy...i can't wait!! Whats even better is my boy is gonna shave off some cash for the Coupe's interior (buying it back as i got the interior from him the 1st place), That is money that can go back into the project.

New order list.....
      Braided fuel line & fittings (Black hose & black fittings)
      Fuel filter w/ fittings (034efi)
      Misc. gaskets and bolts from ATP Tuning
      Zeitronix Datalogger w/ digital display

I have to do an engine build up (2.0T FSI) for a customer so i won't start back on this till next week. From here on out, i'll only post progress pic's as i'll have enough parts to start putting it together.

.....Stay tuned

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-13-2010 03:15 AM #121
      PC the center's to match the engine or paint to match the body....

17. Member
      Vehicles
      Le Bomber.
      12-13-2010 06:13 AM #122
      PC the center's to match the engine or paint to match the body....
      Engine.

On the topic of driving like a jackass and the likes. I told a few friends (big block muscle guys) I was planning on breaking 140whp in the GTI and sitting on that to see how I liked it about 2 months ago. I'm still getting made fun of for aspiring to have prius-esque power
      Fifteen52's Official Facebook Page!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmk4 View Post
      tl;dr = bitches be crazy
      If I have a post on here that has a dead pic PM me, I selfishly reorganized my photobucket in boredom.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-13-2010 12:22 PM #123
      hahaha....i have a friend with a Prius and she always tells me that i might be faster but i will never here her coming.....hahaha

Well i was leaning towards matching them to the engine. The color is a tribute to my wife. She is a cancer surviver....

^^That ribbon color isn't accurate but you get the idea

Vehicles
      86 GTI vr6oom
      12-13-2010 06:24 PM #124
      street racing video
      those two white jettas at 4:50 both sound vr swapped they both rip it and you just hear people go "oh shit!"
      Last edited by harlannj; 12-13-2010 at 06:27 PM.
      www.a2resource.com hhhhhh//////
      you are on the internet

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      12-13-2010 07:56 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by harlannj View Post
      those two white jettas at 4:50 both sound vr swapped they both rip it and you just hear people go "oh shit!"

yeh one of them is migvr6 from queens from back in the day..... i think

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-16-2010 11:49 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by -DOOMED- View Post
      Oh, no doubt. I ment not burying it at every stop light. F***k yea i smash the pedal once a blue moon. In the almost 2 yrs i had the VR Coupe, i've pushed it past 100 maybe 2x. The VR never saw redline (as there's no power up there in a stock VR)
      To be honest though, building it is the fun part to me. I get my enjoyment from that rather then enjoying what was built after the fact.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-23-2010 02:39 PM #127
      Some updates...

I rolled the engine into my office and started putting it together....

Started with the oilpan....

Then i started installing the head studs. Lemme tell you. No matter how many times you've done this, it still gets confusing at times. Being that the torque spec's vary from TQ wrench to TQ wrench, i torqued mine down to 50/65/75. I also don't use the ARP lube. If you know tq spec when it comes to these, you'll know that the type of lube and tq wrench changes the tq's lbs. I use the same TQ wrench (Snap On FR250D) and lube (Marine gear oil) everytime i use ARP head studs. This is what i've had the most success with.

Then move onto the chains. Being that i'm using a head spacer, the chains will be a bit tighter. It's perfectly fine. Just a bitch to install.

After triple checking the timing. Locktite everything (A MUST when doing the chains) and torqued to spec....BAM!

More pic's later...just gotta upload 'em

23. 12-23-2010 03:01 PM #128
      Looks fresh
      Haters make me laugh

Vehicles
      91 L90E Jetta & 98 LY9G a4
      12-23-2010 03:14 PM #129
      those jetta's tweek my nipples
      N I N E - F O O T E R S

Vehicles
      golf
      12-23-2010 03:19 PM #130
      lookin good
      MK2 Parts 4 Sale
      Golf Build
      WTB rear coil overs_gti grille badge

Vehicles
      stock TSI & stage 2 FSI
      12-23-2010 03:55 PM #131
      i hope you do not take offense to this, but i would love to eat off of your longblock

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-23-2010 04:25 PM #132
      Hahahaha...You can't imagine how many pairs of BN gloves i used. I had all the timing chain stuff soaking in oil...10 pairs...I had to spray down the head gasket & spacer with copper gasket spray...another 10 pairs.....sealing the timing chain cover....5 pairs.

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      12-23-2010 06:30 PM #133
      why baby blue color? just because? is anything else baby blue?

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-23-2010 08:58 PM #134
      why baby blue color? just because? is anything else baby blue?
      It's the color for Cervical Cancer Awareness (I mentioned it a page or 2 back...) My wife is a Cancer survivor and i'm building it as a tribute to her.

As for what else, other then what you see...the tranny. Everything else will be a different shade of blue like my wheel centers, boost tubing, VC, SRI, etc.... Mike (eurosportgti) will be gracing his crazy Powdercoating skills to said parts.

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      12-23-2010 08:59 PM #135
      It's the color for Cervical Cancer Awareness (I mentioned it a page or 2 back...) My wife is a Cancer survivor and i'm building it as a tribute to her.

As for what else, other then what you see...the tranny. Everything else will be a different shade of blue like my wheel centers, boost tubing, VC, SRI, etc.... Mike (eurosportgti) will be gracing his crazy Powdercoating skills to said parts.

that's awesome man, sorry a lot of kush lately memory is shot! lol hahahha

31. 12-23-2010 09:12 PM #136
      Hey captz your private box is full.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-23-2010 10:26 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by vw a1 g60t View Post
      Hey captz your private box is full.
      I got 10 PM's in my box...resend

Vehicles
      A2 86 Golf
      12-23-2010 10:56 PM #138
      sorry if this has been covered? but what motor mounts are you going with? VF? BFI? Stock axels correct? I herd stock axels are good for 400-450? I'm I wrong?

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      12-24-2010 01:35 AM #139
      sorry if this has been covered? but what motor mounts are you going with? VF? BFI? Stock axels correct? I herd stock axels are good for 400-450? I'm I wrong?
      I have like 4 or 5...maybe 6 (BNIB) various stages of BFI mounts. I'm gonna mix 'em up (which is something BFI should do) and put the stiffness where it needs to be. What combo...well thats my secret. .

Not selling any...

As for axles. Stock all the way. $100 a pair...they break, go get another pair.

I forgot to mention that i used Royal Purp' Assy. lube when assembling the engine. I will be using RP (turbo) oil. I have a case of it that i've been saving for such a build. I bought a pallet of various cases and display from a closing speed shop for $300 about 3 yrs ago. It was an easy $4k worth of RP. I sold most of it and saved the good schit for myself.

Also. Soon after the New Years, the build will be moving into the new shop (*cross fingers* that it'll be ready...). My goal right now is to have the bay done and engine in before the move.

Stay tuned....

Vehicles
      1989 VW Jetta GLI, 2004 Audi A6 s-line 2.7t, 93 Corrado VR
      12-24-2010 02:46 AM #140
      looking good

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast