VWVortex

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
    Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1365

Thread: I heart lego's

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro
      05-07-2012 11:43 PM #1251
      Quote Originally Posted by blubayou View Post
      length ishard to judge without knowing the hub thickness on the wheels, so I can't say what is best. My one suggestions is that too big in diameter on the knurled section and too long are both the most easily remedied problems with fit. If the dia. is too great, the holes can be drilled out to the ride diameter. If the length is too great, they could be cut down.

That's my thought process on it, anyway....
      Flickr
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Knappy View Post
      We really need breeding standards like they have with dogs.
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@blackforest View Post
      I remember when people modified their Volkswagen to enhance the driving experience. What ever happened to Fahrvergnugen? Bags are for kids that grew up watching Pimp My Ride. Turbo is for all of us that enjoy actual motorsport.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      05-08-2012 07:44 AM #1252
      Thanks Blue...makes sense. Going through VR withdrawals. I think i'm gonna have to pull him out for some tire destruction
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife
      Kicks...Clothes...Cars...Ho's...THINGS I DO BEST!

3. 05-08-2012 09:12 AM #1253
      no sweat

Next time I'll try not to post while watching TV. I just reread my last post and wondered if I had been drinking

length is_hard to judge without knowing the hub thickness on the wheels, so I can't say what is best. My one suggestions? is that too big in diameter on the knurled section and too long are both the most easily remedied problems with fit. If the dia. is too great, the holes can be drilled out to the ride? diameter...
      I know it's just the interwebs, but still

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      05-08-2012 04:37 PM #1254
      Ok, after some measuring, i'll have an inch of thread which is perfect as the one stud/lug/barrel thingy has 1" worth of thread. I did some searching & the .485" is the size i'll need. The super bonus is i found someone selling a full BNIB set on flebay for $60. Would've cost me $100.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife

Vehicles
      93 golf: gone, 86 jetta: sold 90 b3 wagon 82 caddy
      05-09-2012 08:11 AM #1255
      cant wait for you to get this back on the road, im glad you found a good cheap option to fix the problem
      Eva: 90 b3 wagon

96 4dr aba golf

6. 05-09-2012 08:29 AM #1256
      Hey dreadz, got any leads on those screw sleeves?
      also, the hub bolt for 5 lugs are 14mm, about 25mm deep,keep a inch more for the lug nuts, as these conversions advise running open-ended lug nuts. Your ok with a inch and a half, add more for spacers and wheel center thickness.
      Look up Mercedes sstud conversions, they use identical hubs and should work with your looking for

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      05-10-2012 10:30 AM #1257
      Quote Originally Posted by khemiicalz View Post
      Hey dreadz, got any leads on those screw sleeves?
      also, the hub bolt for 5 lugs are 14mm, about 25mm deep,keep a inch more for the lug nuts, as these conversions advise running open-ended lug nuts. Your ok with a inch and a half, add more for spacers and wheel center thickness.
      Look up Mercedes sstud conversions, they use identical hubs and should work with your looking for
      Ebay for those those sleeves....

The studs are being used on my 4 to 5 lug adapters. This is why its been difficult to find the right set as most are made to press in the hub. And yup, i'm gonna use open face lugnuts. Finding the right length is the key atm.

Vehicles
      05-10-2012 10:38 AM #1258
      dreadz what would you recommend for just a lug bolt to stud swap?? ive been looking and its just kinda confusing and i dont wanna spend a ton just on studs thanks

cant wait to see your car on the road again

96 4dr aba golf

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      05-10-2012 11:45 AM #1259
      Most use screw in type which is fine. Something i should've done from day 1. Fine the cheapest ones you can find as they're all the same. Pretty much the same with the lugs. I've combed through many sites over the past week and they all might stick a different name on it but at the end of the day, they're all the same. I found that ARP & H&R are the only place that manuf. their own studs. All the rest are copies of the H&R studs but they're all based off the same design using the same material. What makes ARP stand out from the rest is they make various sizes. To use the press in studs as an example...Every place sells the same size/dia. .485/.275/12x1.5. You'll get 40,60 & 70mm lengths. ARP sells from .485 to .563 and in various lengths & threads.

I've said this many times in this thread & i'm gonna say it again...Paypal SUCKS~! All the orders i've made this past week has been "declined" due to not being verified and my limit was reached. This is the 3rd time in almost a year i've put in my info in....WTF Now i gotta wait till it clears...again... I've spent well over $10k in the last year through Paypal. That should be enough f*ckin' verification

Vehicles
      05-10-2012 11:58 AM #1260
      alright thanks man

that sucks man you think they would know ok this guys like to use us alot and if we want to keep his business then we should accommodate his needs if he wants to spend 10k + a yr then we shouldn't give him problems paypal

96 4dr aba golf

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      05-10-2012 09:24 PM #1261
      My wife called Paypal today & they said it was a "glitch" & that they will fix the problem. Everything's reordered. Back on track. While i wait for parts, i got a ton of work to do on the house. Floors, baseboard heaters, mulching....Gotta love home ownership. And the kids are rushing to help daddy with a bad back.

If you wanna be struck by lightening. You're gonna have to endure the rain.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      05-13-2012 08:29 PM #1262
      Studs came in yesterday...

Definitely got a sweet deal. Dropping them off in the morning.

And this is how Papa Smuff sits atm...

15" ROH's ftw.

13. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-13-2012 09:39 PM #1263
      ^^^meh

Vehicles
      1989 Jetta Coupe (RIP), 92 Jetta GL, 99 Jeep Cherokee
      05-13-2012 09:48 PM #1264
      Just finished playing catch-up with the last few pages of this thread... you have one of my favorite Mk2's. Giving me some ideas and making me wish I had some extra cash to drop into mine
      '89 Jetta Coupe: Tornado-Pink mod, weight-saving oxidation (RIP)
      '92 Jetta GL: Capri Green, headache

Quote Originally Posted by Jman5000 View Post
      Don't expect anything too positive from the youngsters w/their funny hats.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      05-14-2012 07:44 AM #1265
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      ^^^meh
      I feel the same way.. Motives me to get the rollers back on. Wish the tires on the ATS' were decent enough. I hate these wheels.

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 08:28 AM #1266
      those wheels look alright not as great as the other rims you have but they work i guess lol

when will the adapter problem be fixed?

96 4dr aba golf

17. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-14-2012 08:56 AM #1267
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      I feel the same way.. Motives me to get the rollers back on. Wish the tires on the ATS' were decent enough. I hate these wheels.
      Inconsequential IMO, as your car ISN'T about stancy-ness, and 'hard parking'.

That said; wheels still look like poop:p

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      05-15-2012 07:33 PM #1268
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      'hard parking'.
      You never seen my driveway. Its deadly Its ghost ridden a few cars out into the street...and through my neighbors yard across the street..

The sidewalls are chewed to sh*t up front & the tires on the ATS' are dry rotted. I was talking in terms of safety more then stance-ness. I had this dilemma a awhile back. This is why i had my Tom's on all winter as it made no sense to buy tires for 2 sets of wheels.

And surprisingly i wound the coils up about an inch all around. Got tired of pulling the spoiler off the bottom of the bumper every time i pull out my driveway.

From day one this car has been my measuring stick in terms of the way it sits. (Forgot the owners name. I took this @ WF a few yrs back.)

That said; wheels still look like poop:p[/QUOTE]

19. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-15-2012 08:31 PM #1269
      That red Jetta sits nice, but is still a whisker too low IMO.

Vehicles
      1991 vw jetta gli
      05-16-2012 06:15 AM #1270
      I don't know if anyone replied to this posting yet but I had the same kinda issue and took the line off my brake caliber and directly put my ss line into it

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      05-24-2012 10:38 PM #1271
      Finally got off my ass & dropped my adapters off. I still haven't ordered the lugnuts yet. Trying to decide on the length & color (black or blue).

I was planning on buying the one tire i need but they're NLA. I dunno what to do. Buy 1 that's similar & move it to the rear. Buy 2 and keep the one i have as a spare.

I'm also looking into a new boost controller. My controller solenoid is not holding the boost past 12 psi. Turbo doesn't wake up till 15+ .Next on the list is new coils. The Racelands are showing their age. I had planned on changing them since i started this build.

Other then that i've been driving it alot this past week. More then any other time since finishing it. Trying to eliminate the little things & dial in the fan controller. I will definitely need an oil cooler in the near future. Also more efficient rad fans. The cheapo fleabay fans ain't cutting it. My temps are within spec (170 normally...200* in traffic) but i would like to keep them low while i traffic. 190* is the goal. Anything under 200 is acceptable. It will help keep the oil temps down.

I also wanna start hunting for a 3" DP so i can drop my car off to get a full 3" made. Its tuff finding a Kinetic 3" 4 bolt DP

And thanks to Blue for thinking about me on that link link to those seats. I want these so bad.

Vehicles
      12 Golf 2.5, 90 Jetta GLI 16v, 99.5 Cabrio Highline, 92 Golf GL
      05-25-2012 01:22 PM #1272
      Are you rotund, or do you carry a utility belt often?

23. 05-25-2012 02:16 PM #1273
      the bolsters are pretty small, unfortunately

24. Member
      Vehicles
      87 GTI, 03 GTI
      05-26-2012 12:09 AM #1274
      are those "cop car" recaros out of a beretta or something?
      '87 GTI 1.8t, '03 20th GTI #2100
      '01 TT 180Q, '98 Ranger 4x4, '01 Catera, '90 GLI 16vT, '94 850 Turbo, '90 Golf, '89 Golf, '90 Mustang LX, '91 Jetta, '88 9000S, '86 Jetta, '91 Continental

25. Member
      Vehicles
      Miata
      05-26-2012 09:54 AM #1275
      the bolsters are pretty small, unfortunately
      Does unfortunately look like that... that fabric is awesome.

Dredz - I'd get 2 new tires and keep the extra for a spare... mis-matched tires drive me crazy.

Anyway, **** looks good mate.

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast