Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast
    Results 1,296 to 1,330 of 1365

Thread: I heart lego's

Vehicles
      87 GLI, 64 Comet
      07-18-2012 06:23 PM #1296
      h2o cruise dreadz, make it happen. car looks good too man.
      When I die, I hope my tools don't get sold for what I said I paid for them.

Fake wheels aren't fake if I can touch them.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      07-18-2012 09:56 PM #1297
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnA1 View Post
      h2o cruise dreadz, make it happen. car looks good too man.
      You should come over to Dave's house one Thurs. Me, Jerry & Stan are there every week. Its the old school hangout spot. He's in Bohemia.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife
      Kicks...Clothes...Cars...Ho's...THINGS I DO BEST!

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      07-21-2012 12:49 AM #1298
      Did some work yesterday...

Even though it wasn't that bad, i decided to change it anyway.

I know i've complained about the guy behind the parts counter where i get my stuff from. The last f*ck up was the clutch master. Well when i went to order the axle. I bet my friend $20 he'll mess the order up. We waited about an hour before he called me to pick it up. What he gave me was a DS axle for what looked like an automatic Honda. The boss was pissed the last time he messed up so he kept saying it was just the wrong side. I kept replying that it was also the wrong car. Not even a VW. I collected my $20 on my way out the door

See anything different?

MK3 radio delete panel fits quite well in there...

I f*ckin' love this boost controller. I've always wanted one and i'm glad i finally got one. The difference is like night & day. I'm hitting 17 psi no problem. I played with the boost by gear feature today. Only thing i didn't get working is the RPMs, Speed & Throttle. . I'll figure it out.

I'm trying to free up time to go & pick up the interior. Hopefully over the weekend.

Im so pissed that my Bonrath grille is toast I'm surprise its still hanging on as there's only one clip left. I paid a good penny for it BNIB. The new setup will be here on Monday.

I ordered a new fan controller. Same dakota digital except its the new model. The old one was a PAC2000. New model is a PAC2700. Difference is the new model allows you adj. the fan speed. Fan slows as the car gets faster & speeds up the closer you get to a stop.

Gonna pick up a fuel filter tomorrow. Being that i ran my filter before the pump, it picks up alot more then a post mounted setup. My next focus is upgrading to a 3" turbo back exhaust. I just need to find a Kinetic 3" DP.

I'll more during the weekend.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      07-22-2012 06:59 PM #1299
      Whala...

Grille is temp. Badgeless will be here on Tuesday. Its weird to run aero's. Every mk2 i've owned had single rounds. Good thing i had a dozen rad supports & Grilles to choose from

Currently tweaking the engine. AVC-R is tough to dial in. And i haven't even gotten to retuning the w/m.

Stay tuned...nevah done..

5. Member
      Vehicles
      Miata
      07-22-2012 07:57 PM #1300

It's coming together nicely. Too bad the colors aren't "real" VWMS.

Vehicles
      84 VW Rabbit GTI, 84 VW Jetta Coupe
      07-22-2012 08:09 PM #1301
      YES!

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      07-22-2012 10:47 PM #1302
      Quote Originally Posted by Project_2501 View Post

It's coming together nicely. Too bad the colors aren't "real" VWMS.
      LOL~!

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      08-03-2012 08:03 AM #1303
      ok...might as well update....

Revamping the IC piping & swapping out the IC. I will be loosing about 3ft. of tubing with this set up. After doing some research over the past few days, i realize that my tubing setup is all wrong and i'm not doing the turbo justice. The more tubing you have the longer it takes for it to build up to full boost. No matter where i set the boost controller, it doesn't have enough rpm room to reach full boost. With the piping i have now i should've went with a 2" tubing. The new IC dimensions are 24x12x4".
      Soon as i get the IC in & installed, im gonna get the tubing welded up. Im gonna finally install this Tial 50mm i have sitting in the box.

Other then this, everything else is pretty much at a stand still. Sadly the engine in the Allroad took a crap. The T-belt snapped which bent the valves. So my plan atm is to get wifey a temp beater while i rebuild the AR. My car he taken over daily duties and i'm not happy about that. So getting her another car is top on the list. Getting the other Jetta & VR'ing it came to mind. Reality is that i need something ASAP so im gonna look at a 98 GLX & a 01 GL this weekend. Wifey gave me the green light to do what i do...on the AR. So full rebuild & hopefully a K04 upgrade. *sigh*

I'm still working on getting those Bride Low Max seats. Only issue atm is finding rails for it. only ones i can find are custom.

Im also gonna ditch my stereo setup. I rarely listen to it (to busy listening for noises). I'm just gonna keep in the deck & shelf speakers. Eventually i wanna get a fuel cooler/swirl pot and mount my fuel pump in the trunk. Upgrade the tank pump as well.

Perfect example of what i'm taking about...

9. Member
      Vehicles
      Miata
      08-03-2012 10:23 AM #1304
      What kind of bases do you need? I have a set of semi-universal brackets; a couple of holes drilled and they'll mount to anything. For a Corrado too, so they're nice and low (I'm 6'1").

That trunk setup looks killer for using the stock fuel tank.

(Glad you caught the humor with my last post. Snarky doesn't always pan out on the interwebs. )

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      08-08-2012 01:49 AM #1305
      Finally got my IC in today & i wasted no time mounting it

Lets take moment to check out what the poor VWMS IC looks like. Such a shame

How it sits..

And here the new one. BIG bish. 24x11.25x4. 3" in/out

Surprisingly it was easier to install then the old one. The most mportant thing was i manage to get rid of ALOT of piping.

And i didn't even have to trim the bumper skin but i hacked it up. It will be changed real soon so i experimented a little. This is what it looks like after everything's buttoned up.

What piping i was left with won't need much welding. I got it down to 5 connections (doubled that before)

I manage to take a quick drive around the corner. It was late and my back was on FIRE 2 things that was noticeable. I can actually hear my turbo spool up. And the boost needle jumps really quick. My neighborhood is full of hills so i can't gun it without scrapping the bumper at the bottom of the hill. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, i'll take it out for a good flogging.

FYI, the reason why i went with a 3" in/out was based off some test Buscher Racing did on their Evo X. (I lurk the DSM forum as my good friend is big into it). Obviously they're testing a 4 cyl. but the theory applies across the board.
      They did a back to back dyno testing different size boost tubing. In the end they proved that the differences are very min. (difference was 6hp/2ft.lbs & 20rpm) The test they made the most power, the full boost came in 20rpm later they used a IC with a 3" in/out reduced to 2.5" piping. Surprisingly the full 3" made the least power AND IAT increased. We're talking about a 600hp setup.

I'm determined to reach 20lb On a brighter note. I was just chatting with Clay@CTS and they're gonna make me a 3" downpipe.

Gonna pick up some new plugs & oil change stuff. Its long overdue.

Never done...stay tune

11. Member
      Vehicles
      1987 VW GTI, 2001 Audi TT
      08-08-2012 03:27 AM #1306
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      Clay@CTS
      the only one i trust to buy turbo parts from
      '87 GTI 1.8t t3 60 trim, '01 TT 180q gt28rs
      '01 GTI 1.8t
      '98 Ranger 4x4, '01 Catera, '90 GLI 16vT, '94 850 Turbo, '90 Golf, '89 Golf, '90 Mustang LX, '91 Jetta, '88 9000S, '86 Jetta, '91 Continental

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      08-08-2012 10:14 AM #1307
      Quote Originally Posted by L33t A2 View Post
      the only one i trust to buy turbo parts from
      When are ya gonna bring that GTI out?

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      08-11-2012 06:42 PM #1308
      Some small updates...

I finally changed my plugs. I switched up to a colder plug (NGK 5238 *9 rated) I bought 35 plugs being that i got a good deal. (20) 5238 & (15) 4554 * rated. I manage to do a gap test to see whats the best for my setup. I did a .22, .25, .28 & .30. I found that the small gap gives good idle & off boost driving but sucks while building boost & at full boost....yet the big (.30) gap gave the total opposite results. idle sucked but was great up top. In the end i gapped a fresh set to .25 and it runs great. I also turned down the fuel pressure a bit.

Old plugs. Signs of running rich...

Normally i roll the car outside to work on it but it was hot as hell this day. So i rolled it in a bit

Dying of heat

Soon as the new tubing comes in, off to get welded & powdercoated. Gonna change the oil & fuel filter next week. Hopefully i can get it in to get dyno'd. Just gotta fix my OBD scan plug & remove the CEL. The car is running great since i changed the IC. Not as laggy as before. Reaching 1 bar no problem.

And i've been chatting with the guys at CoolingMist and they just came out with a new version of their controller & they're willing to gimme a discount on it. I want the gauge. Its hard to tune with the box on my lap.

More to come....

Vehicles
      93 golf: gone, 86 jetta: sold 90 b3 wagon 82 caddy
      08-12-2012 04:11 PM #1309
      Lookin good, cant wait to see some dyno results
      Eva: 90 b3 wagon

96 4dr aba golf

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      08-28-2012 01:35 PM #1310
      Few small updates...
      I can't trade in my w/m controller due the deal i got when i bought the setup. Oh well.

Came across 2 fuel leaks last week. one was at the FPR and the other a broken fuel line clamp. The leak at the FPR was from using a non o-ring fitting for the 3rd port. I'm surprise it lasted this long (9 months). I just used a thicker o-ring over the -6 fitting & some thread sealer. I actually ordered the correct fitting for it. I just replaced the o-ring on the one i have till it comes in.
      The fuel clamp leak was the worse. It almost look like a rock took it out. I replaced it with a new fuel line clamp & its good to go. It made a HUGE difference as my FP is much stable.

The belt tensioner bearing was starting to go. It sounded like power steering without the fluid. Whats crazy is that after changing it, i realize its been slowly going for awhile. Its real quite. Something i haven't heard in a longtime. I had a GAP aluminum tensioner pulley in the stash

I did an oil change & flushed/changed the coolant yesterday.. I can now say its running 100%. Only thing i gotta change is the strut bearings. I have a set of new VR6 strut bearing & rubber.

Tried making an appt for the dyno & they no longer have it Gotta find another place.

Short vid. Trying to see where my a/f are during driving. Rich points are due to the BOV. MAF is trying to calibrate. Gonna fix that issue soon. I've also since adjusted the FPR & widened the gap on the plugs a bit. She running PERFECT. Shockingly quite considering the 2.5" unrestricted exhaust. Nothing but pipe from turbo to muffler. Gonna take some better vid's soon.

More to come. Stay tuned...

16. Member
      Vehicles
      Miata
      08-28-2012 02:39 PM #1311
      Jumping up to nearly 24:1 can not be good for the engine...

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      08-28-2012 03:14 PM #1312
      Quote Originally Posted by Project_2501 View Post
      Jumping up to nearly 24:1 can not be good for the engine...
      That's decel If you notice it only happens when i reach a stop. a/f's read 22.4 when in decel or downshifting. Normal on widebands. I only downshift 2nd when driving. I'm not one of those people that feel the need to d-shift every gear before coming to a stop.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      Miata
      09-01-2012 09:28 AM #1313
      I realize that it only happens in the video while you're off-throttle, but even with RPM's dropping, that lean of a ratio must quickly shoot up the cyl head temp, and thus exhaust temps. Do you have an EGT gauge to verify yes or no? (just curious mainly)

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      09-01-2012 12:06 PM #1314
      No EGT gauge. I've sent that video to a few experts before posting it in here. Mainly wondering why it gets rich & they all said it good to go & the a/f are reading good. The rich points are due to me not having a DV so the MAF is not seeing the air the BOV lets out.

Every WB i've seen does the same thing......

I can honest say that on Sept. 1st, Pops is running 1000%. Found 2 small vac leaks. The nipple on the intake mani for the FPR & the elbow for the main vac line were leaking. Spent most of the day yesterday redoing the lines that are coming out the intake mani ports.
      The biggest difference i've seen is it doesn't dip below idle (Like if i get off the gas while in motion) and the idle is more stable. Its really quiet not to mention its reaching positive pressure way faster then before which means i'm entering boost much sooner.

And stay tune for the new photoshoot pics....

Here's a few from Weds. taken by one of the best (imho) Photographers in NY. JohnA1's GLI ftw...

I love this car. Wheels set it off....and the white cage

Still having nightmares...

Vehicles
      1982 BMW 320i, 1986 Jetta Carat 1.8/ABA Turbo
      09-01-2012 04:12 PM #1315
      Yeah my LC1 does the same thing on the G60, goes to 21.9 or something on decel. I'm pretty sure that's as lean as the gauge can read.

But more to the point.....DREADZ! You big pimp, this is exactly what I want to do next. I need more power and my one buddy is pushing VRT and the other 1.8T. And what's funny about that is I currently run a Jetta G60 with Nitrous, and I know you've been done that road before. The quest for more power never ends does it?
      | Rust | Zip-Ties | JB Weld | Bad Idle | Scrapes Ground | Rubs when Turning | Busted Ass Door handles |

21. 09-01-2012 05:54 PM #1316
      Omg is that Sarah Jessica Parker? She was looking quite nice!

Vehicles
      Nothing all that street-able
      09-01-2012 07:26 PM #1317
      Cage w/o helmet is

And why the hell are you not running a DV?! Bov + maf = no goodness

Best,
      Nater Kane
      http://limpithome.com
      Best,
      Nater Kane
      Motörshed Inc

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      09-01-2012 08:40 PM #1318
      Quote Originally Posted by G60 Carat View Post
      Yeah my LC1 does the same thing on the G60, goes to 21.9 or something on decel. I'm pretty sure that's as lean as the gauge can read.

But more to the point.....DREADZ! You big pimp, this is exactly what I want to do next. I need more power and my one buddy is pushing VRT and the other 1.8T. And what's funny about that is I currently run a Jetta G60 with Nitrous, and I know you've been done that road before. The quest for more power never ends does it?
      hahaha....Power is addicting! I'm fighting the urges to go bigger. Looking back to when i had a Nitrous powered G60, it was fun as hell....but the VRT is better. I still giggle to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by naterkane View Post
      Cage w/o helmet is

And why the hell are you not running a DV?! Bov + maf = no goodness

Best,
      Nater Kane
      More like a roll bar. He only has the back half. I totally agree with your statement though. I've seen 2 people die due to a full rollcage (one got decapitated & the other both passengers died from head trauma.)

I'm running a Pro-MAF so adaption is quick. I've since fixed the issue & it no longer hunts. Almost all the Pro-MAF guys i know are running a BOV. Its not as bad as most make it out to be. The air tat the MAF doesn't see, it makes up for it by giving the ECU an average reading. Its only for a split sec. so you never notice it. All you need to do is stiffen up the BOV spring a bit to give it a quicker reaction. I have no problems between gears or while going through them. No stutter, no dip in rpms, nothing. No matter where the rpms are at, it will always drop to idle. So smooth you don't notice it. I Pro-MAF.

Vehicles
      Nothing all that street-able
      09-02-2012 12:11 AM #1319
      Ah OK... I didn't know enough about your setup.

Glad to hear it about the roll bar (I'm taking one out of my yellow mk1 tomorrow b/c it's terribly designed/welded)

A friend of mine has a sentra rally car he's driven on the street w/o a helmet and it scares the hell out of me that he does that.

I'll look into pro-maf, the 1.8t going into my yellow mk1 is running the stock diverter, but I'm curious to learn more about what you've put together.

I need to run out your way in the next few days to pick up a pair of seats... we should maybe meet one of these days.

Best,
      Nater Kane
      Best,
      Nater Kane
      Motörshed Inc

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      09-02-2012 12:37 PM #1320
      Quote Originally Posted by naterkane View Post

I need to run out your way in the next few days to pick up a pair of seats... we should maybe meet one of these days.

Best,
      Nater Kane
      Definitely...definitely. I was gonna head out that way for the Labor Day Parade on the pkwy but i'm not. Definitely hit me up when you come out. Where do you hae to go?

Vehicles
      06 Mini Cooper S, 09 Mini Clubman, no more VW's :-(
      09-17-2012 05:32 PM #1321
      Love love love your car Carl

_JDS2367 by xstartxtodayx, on Flickr

definitely need to do a real shoot soon
      Flickr :: eemilitia.com
      Quote Originally Posted by Throttle_Inc View Post
      I believe there's a Vortex Action Set that you can download somewhere that lowers all cars in photos by about 140%.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      09-17-2012 06:00 PM #1322
      just read through all 38 pages, well worth my time. outstanding work

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      09-17-2012 06:05 PM #1323
      Thank you. far from done. Trying to make an appt for the dyno as we speak.

29. 09-18-2012 10:31 AM #1324
      this build
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      09-28-2012 08:28 PM #1325
      Well...being that Papa Smurf isn't making it to H2oi (that might change...) Been working hard on fixing some issues i've been having. The erractic idle & a/f's @ idle along with a few other things. Manage to hit the junky today to pick up the things i needed. Throttle Body (as the TPS was the issue), DV i snatched outta Saab & a Scan port so i can VAG it. The TB fixed my idle issue & the DV fixed flutter issue. Now i run both DV & BOV. The DV will handle anything under 15# and the BOV got anything above that. Its working great. It eliminated the low boost flutter. Now i don't have to soften the BOV spring to the point it can't hold boost.

Next on the list is a turbo back exhaust upgrade. Going from 2.5 to 3" should unleash some power. New tires also. Fronts are nearly bald. Instead of buying 2 fronts, i'm changing all 4. Suspension upgrade too. The Racelands are getting tired & i want something better. This is where most would get bags....but i'm into more then just the looks. I've always felt that a car doesn't have to be dumped on the oil pan just to look good. Hopefully this winter i can get it resprayed.

Work is never done so more to come...

Photo shoot will be soon......

31. Member
      Vehicles
      Miata
      09-28-2012 08:38 PM #1326
      Looks good dude!

I like how my B&G's feel on the street, though I don't know if they're stiff enough for track use (I haven't turned the dampening past ~2/3 stiff however). Separate spring pre-tension and roll center (ride height) settings are great. The spring won't come loose / unseat due to being lowered a fair amount. ~4"+ of lowering isn't difficult to attain by any means (though these cars won't handle that close to the ground).

I'm really curious as to what it'll do on a dyno. Is the exhaust 3" from turbine housing back (well, after you replace the current 2.5" system)?

Did you get your seats mounted up?

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      09-28-2012 09:56 PM #1327
      Once i get the scan port in & working and the datalog wire for my wideband (which i'm picking up tomorrow), i'll be ready to start doing some serious tuning. The plan is to tune it, hit the dyno for some base runs & upgrade accordingly. The goal is still 450whp. I'll be happy with 400hp.

In the end i wanna set the suspension up to where it boarders street/track. I have both lower sway bars & im already running full poly bushings on everything. I'm considering alotta coilovers. Just waiting to what i have left after rebuilding the Audi.

As for the seats, i never got 'em. The Audi halted my seat dream. The Jetta has taken over daily duties since the Audi's been down & i'm hating it. 1st. priority is to get the Audi back on the road. Wife already gave me the green light on phase 2 for the winter...providing i get back her Audi.

Starting a new business which has been taken up my time & money lately. I'm very excited right now as it has nothing to do with wrenching on cars. 1st for me as i made a living wrenching on cars for the past 20 yrs. I'll reveal when the time comes. machines will be here in 2 weeks

33. 09-29-2012 10:02 AM #1328
      Keep up the good fight. Car gets better all the time

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      10-02-2012 05:01 PM #1329
      Finally installed the scan port & VAG'd it. Surprise it wasn't that many codes. MIL light....VSS....because my boost controller is connected to it, & a bad CTS which i changed. While i was there i bumped up the idle from 800 to 900rpm. Its running like a monster!

I'm searching for tires as we speak. The fronts are near bald. There are a few things i need to get to clean up the bay as i've made a mess trying to get it perfect. That i will be ordering today.

In my quest for the ultimate plugs, i ditch the V-Power NGK (cold rating 8) for some Iridium BK7R's. (stock No. 2664 iirc). I realized that my setup doesn't like anything colder then a 7. The Iridium's were $65 a set vs. the $9 i was paying for the V-Power plugs. In the end i came full circle as the 1st set were the standard BK7R's which were fine. There's nothing better for my engine. The Irdium's are worth it.

I've been datalogging a few runs on the VAG just to get use to it. Once i get the wire for my wideband, i can start fine tuning the fuel for full boost along with the w/m injection. Then i can hit the dyno.

Never done so more to come....

35. 10-02-2012 05:10 PM #1330
      The iridium plugs don't work as well as the standard copper bkr7e plugs. I don't know why, but it is what it is.

Everytime I've tried to 'upgrade' from the copper ngk's; it ended up being anything but an upgrade

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast