Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: need help replacing HID bulb on 2006 gti

1. 06-08-2010 12:59 AM #1
      i'am having a hard time getting the old bulb out and the new one in on the driver side. does any one have any trick or advise on replacing the bulbs? i've never tried to replace HID bulbs i dont know what not to do or what to do the right way.any tips or advise would be lost of help thanks

Vehicles
      Audi A4 USP, 2012 4MO Tig
      06-08-2010 02:57 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by K-rock View Post
      i'am having a hard time getting the old bulb out and the new one in on the driver side. does any one have any trick or advise on replacing the bulbs? i've never tried to replace HID bulbs i dont know what not to do or what to do the right way.any tips or advise would be lost of help thanks
      where are you located? It only takes 2 minutes to do. Untwist the igniter t unlock it from the hid bulb, then undo the retaining ring that holds down the hid bulb, next pull out the bulb, put in the new hid bulb where it suppose to sit in place with the mark thats cut out, then get the retaining ring it will say top on it, put that over the hid bulb then turn it to the passenger side to lock the ring in place, then unhook the small harness that go the the igniter, put that on the hid bulb then turn it to the passenger side and last put the harness on the igniter then test it.

you cant have the harness hooked up when you put the igniter back on. there is a clip that lock in to the bulb, if you have the harness on there 1st it wont lock.

hope this helps you

3. 06-09-2010 06:08 PM #3
      thanks for the help really helped