Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Building a Street Prepared Mk1 TT

Vehicles
      '10 JSW, '01 Golf, '08 MCS, '12 Fusion
      02-13-2012 03:13 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by stripethree View Post
      I don't have a VAGCOM there are just enough floating around locally that it's easy to get the car scanned by someone. I don't know what else would trigger the light as it was not on before the seat install.

I figured that it is probably just not a good connection and that I have to fiddle with it. As simple as this is, my history with messing with the electronics on this car isn't stellar so I figured I'd see what bonehead mistake I might have made. Thanks for the helpful reply!
      Are you using the stock seatbelt receptors with your new (aftermarket?) seats? A disconnected seatbelt receptor will turn on the airbag light as well. Keep in mind that using a VAG-COM is the only way to actually clear an airbag light, you have to go into the airbag module and clear all faults. You can't just do a general code clear or disconnect the battery to get it off.

Vehicles
      '04 Golf R32
      02-13-2012 04:34 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by 4ceFed4 View Post
      Are you using the stock seatbelt receptors with your new (aftermarket?) seats? A disconnected seatbelt receptor will turn on the airbag light as well.
      Yup

Quote Originally Posted by 4ceFed4 View Post
      Keep in mind that using a VAG-COM is the only way to actually clear an airbag light, you have to go into the airbag module and clear all faults. You can't just do a general code clear or disconnect the battery to get it off.
      Yup, that's what was tried, clearing the code through the airbag module. Code returned immediately.

Vehicles
      '04 Golf R32
      02-20-2012 10:57 AM #143
      Fixed! Hooray for no airbag light.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345