Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 753 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkspringa, PA

Vehicles
      81 Rabbit TD
      11-19-2010 01:31 PM #126
      Already posted here, but changed up the stance since then, and got some pics, so here is what its looking like now:

Also, since you are all locals, I dont have a place to do ANYTHING on my car, nor do I have a ton of knowledge about dubs So if there is anyone out here who wants to lend a hand, or has a place to work on cars that would be amazing. shoot me a PM if you would like to help thanks!
      Im sick of typical... 81 TD Rabbit LE19: Bugsy

Vehicles
      Me: nothing at the moment. Wife: 2008 Subaru Tribeca 3.6L Boxer AWD
      11-19-2010 01:54 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by absentee View Post
      Already posted here, but changed up the stance since then, and got some pics, so here is what its looking like now:

Also, since you are all locals, I dont have a place to do ANYTHING on my car, nor do I have a ton of knowledge about dubs So if there is anyone out here who wants to lend a hand, or has a place to work on cars that would be amazing. shoot me a PM if you would like to help thanks!
      hey man, nice looking ride ive def seen this thing around lancaster city quite a bit!

If you need work done, or need help with stuff, i know that kpdubber84 does have a lot of space and has told me many times that if i ever need space to do a jetta project, i can msg her and go over and work on stuff.

her name is Kimmie, and as far as i know, she has pretty good knowledge of gti's and golfs. (her mk4 gti is sexy).

send her a message, if you want you can say i recommended her names Spencer (mk4rida)

Vehicles
      2010 Audi A3 TDI 1992 Corrado SLC
      11-19-2010 03:05 PM #128
      yeah i saw your car sitting off king st by the McDonalds like 2 weeks or so ago.. ...and there was this strange looking donut thing on one of the rears it looked like. I was driving by so i didn't have a chance to stop and look
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      81 Rabbit TD
      11-19-2010 06:18 PM #129
      hey man, nice looking ride ive def seen this thing around lancaster city quite a bit!

If you need work done, or need help with stuff, i know that kpdubber84 does have a lot of space and has told me many times that if i ever need space to do a jetta project, i can msg her and go over and work on stuff.

her name is Kimmie, and as far as i know, she has pretty good knowledge of gti's and golfs. (her mk4 gti is sexy).

send her a message, if you want you can say i recommended her names Spencer (mk4rida)
      Thanks, I just might. It has some problems, but nothing that isnt drivable. Most should be easy fixes, I just have no clue when it comes to some of this stuff...

yeah i saw your car sitting off king st by the McDonalds like 2 weeks or so ago.. ...and there was this strange looking donut thing on one of the rears it looked like. I was driving by so i didn't have a chance to stop and look
      Yeah, I work at Prince St. Cafe, so im around there all the time. Not sure what that donut thing was though... My car has been messed with a number of times when I park it down there (I dont want to blame the ricers, but I want to blame the ricers...) Thanks guys

Vehicles
      1996 VW Golf
      11-25-2010 02:26 PM #130

Yeah, I work at Prince St. Cafe, so im around there all the time. Not sure what that donut thing was though... My car has been messed with a number of times when I park it down there (I dont want to blame the ricers, but I want to blame the ricers...) Thanks guys
      I do believe he was talking about when you were rocking my old steelies eric.
      Quote Originally Posted by sexysequoia View Post
      I wish I had a glovebox. The gloves are starting to pile up in my interior and I have no where to place them.

Vehicles
      11-28-2010 07:48 PM #131
      any new news people?
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      11-28-2010 08:19 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by Wirbelsturm.VW View Post
      any new news people?
      not much man! Just enjoying the last few minutes of turkey break.

Im saving up my pennies to buy your fat 5's in the spring!! lol

the only news i got from today would be: I was driving into quarryville to where my friends play tackle football, and this red mk4 jetta was eating my rear bumper!! I thought he was gonna hit me. I turned off the road into the parking lot at the field and he rips and roars past me....off course, a 1.8t all riced out. Made me lol a little inside

then on the way home the slammed black mk3 vr on ariettas (sp?) (he lives in millersville, near Jack's restaurant) pulled out behind me and he was real chill! just cruisin down long lane.

So i came to the conclusion that mk4 drivers are annoying to cruise with (unless its a jetta chick

Vehicles
      11-29-2010 12:48 AM #133
      hahaah. dude thats funny. it really depends who it is, but yeah mk4 drivers can sometimes be pricks,(hopefully not you ) and i've also noticed mk5 drivers tend to be very stuck up..

as i was going through willow street today two guys in a black modded mk4 drove past me leisurely and just gave me a wave and looked. i appreciated that they weren't looking to race or anything. he appeared to have some older corvette wheels on it (not sawblades or saladshooters though) and a boser hood w some europlate.

Figures that the guy tailing you was heading into Quarryville (most likely where he lives)

Every time i'm down there its always loud. constant pickups ripping or burning out w/ their confederate flag bs... beat up old muscle cars.. and just loud exhausts constantly buzzing past, etc.

Speaking of Turk break

Last edited by Wirbelsturm.VW; 11-29-2010 at 12:53 AM.
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      1996 VW Golf
      11-29-2010 01:11 PM #134
      hahah. this very well might be the same mk4 jetta i saw on 272 in brownstown the other day.
      Black fake "carbon fiber" hood, "aftermarket" front bumper. and spoiler. there was four dudes in it and they all stared me down.
      I agree about the chill mk3 drivers though! for the most part.

Hmm. as for news? Im just trying to get my car ready for winter. If we get any snow atall, especially close to what we got last year, im screwed, because i didnt raise my stance atall.
      Shoutout to my buddy ryan giving me his old gti smoked tails and a euro switch for a good price!

Now bring on christmas break!
      I wish I had a glovebox. The gloves are starting to pile up in my interior and I have no where to place them.

Vehicles
      11-29-2010 02:06 PM #135
      Nice dinner man I spend my turkey day at work. lol but i still got some pretty good leftovers!!!

But yea, mk3 drivers are pretty chill, 85% of mk4 drivers are pricks, and mk5 driver's have too much money too spend, and have yet to prove to me that they are chill. LOL

Im sure all dubs that have tailgated me in the past month (that i can remember) are on here or cepavw.org...so these is all im gonna say! lol dont wanna piss anybody off

if you wanna race/tailgate/pass on a 2 lane road, go to a race track. haha

oh, and i also got a noise violation in lancaster 2 weeks ago at 2PM!!!!!

ridiculous.

Vehicles
      11-29-2010 04:33 PM #136
      yeah didn't mean to appear rude i'm not trying to piss anyone off either. (if you want hostility go post in the corrado forum ) But yeah that was prolly the same mk4 you saw Punknurd.

also have heard sound violations can get pricey which sucks man.

Punknurd we need some pics to go w this stance you speak of!

as far as my car i have inspection next thursday and may end up taking the snow plow (euro lip) off the front for the winter, even though i prolly won't be driving her a whole lot

heres a pic from yesterday. i ending up taking a few

and of course corrado drivers are the chillest of all to cruise w though
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      1996 VW Golf
      11-29-2010 04:59 PM #137
      No pissing people off, ive been known to tailgate people in my weakest moments as well.
      Hahah Thats because theres hardly any Rado's around.

Eh last pic i snapped of my car was my coils bottomed out on steelies..
      i'll snap a few of my new stance and post some pics up.

Vehicles
      too many audis
      11-29-2010 05:22 PM #138
      yea, i have encountered quite a few douchy dubbers around.. of all generations

Vehicles
      11-29-2010 08:09 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Viking View Post
      yea, i have encountered quite a few douchy dubbers around.. of all generations
      yeah lets be honest. theres a lot.

also figured i'd point out, I saw Eric's chocolate mk2 over by Byerly hall today. does he go to MU?
      and he had that mini unwidened steelie thing on the front i told him about but denied earlier
      Last edited by Wirbelsturm.VW; 11-29-2010 at 11:16 PM.
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Rabbit Convertible 1997 Honda Civic DX
      11-29-2010 09:48 PM #140
      Hello fellow Lancaster Countians. I stumbled upon this thread and figured I'd introduce my daily driver.

Nice to see some other classy cars in Lancaster.

Vehicles
      11-29-2010 11:20 PM #141
      any plans for it? ^
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      1996 VW Golf
      11-30-2010 01:03 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by LR_84_Rabbit View Post
      Hello fellow Lancaster Countians. I stumbled upon this thread and figured I'd introduce my daily driver.

Nice to see some other classy cars in Lancaster.
      Freaking love those old cabriolete's.

hahahha! yes those are my old steelies on erics car actually. His other front tires were down to the cords.
      And yes, he Goes to MU just for one class.
      (sorry if i answered all your questions Eric, you seem to be taking too long! )

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      11-30-2010 01:11 PM #143
      any plans for it? ^
      Sorta, I've got a "build" thread going in the Golf I/Jetta I section under Project Noob, though it's less of a build as much as a fixer-upper, haha. Pretty much just stock so far.

Vehicles
      11-30-2010 05:21 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by LR_84_Rabbit View Post
      Sorta, I've got a "build" thread going in the Golf I/Jetta I section under Project Noob, though it's less of a build as much as a fixer-upper, haha. Pretty much just stock so far.
      i was taking a look at it. pretty cool. that thing will be sweet once all sorted out. the engine bay and paint look to be in remarkably good condition for an 84.

i just can't get my eyes off those balloon tires
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

20. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      11-30-2010 06:24 PM #145
      i was taking a look at it. pretty cool. that thing will be sweet once all sorted out. the engine bay and paint look to be in remarkably good condition for an 84.

i just can't get my eyes off those balloon tires
      Thanks, it's definitely got some more work to be done, but I was pretty happy about the lack of rust, especially in the engine bay and underside. I'm proud enough of it anyhow

Haha, yeah, those tires have got to go. They were on it when I picked it up, but lets just say I can't exactly take a corner too smoothly.

Vehicles
      12-18-2010 03:09 PM #146
      Mk4rida i saw your brother thursday in his mk3 and gave him a thumbs up as he was turning toward crossgates by the gym. looked like he had some rx2's on there or something. looking good
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      81 Rabbit TD
      12-23-2010 11:05 PM #147
      also figured i'd point out, I saw Eric's chocolate mk2 over by Byerly hall today. does he go to MU?
      and he had that mini unwidened steelie thing on the front i told him about but denied earlier
      Ok, you got me... I was trying to deny it, but.... The sad thing is that I now have all four of them on my car now just for the winter of course. Ill have the widen steelies looking fresh and new for the spring. just bare with me until then

And yes, I had a class at MU this semester, but I dont think I have one next semester. Are you a student there?

Haha, "chocolate mk2"? that kind of has a ring to it

Good to see a lot of traffic going through here, this cabrio is looking like a great platform to work on. Clean!

I have gotten some help locally from Andy (YJSAABMAN), and Devon (jrgrinder), so thanks a lot to both of them. If anyone else wants some help with their dub (not that I know that much, but im always looking to lend a hand), or is willing to lend and hand with mine that would be amazing. Im always looking for someone who knows what they are talking about, or just a place to work.

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!

Vehicles
      12-24-2010 10:38 AM #148
      Mk4rida i saw your brother thursday in his mk3 and gave him a thumbs up as he was turning toward crossgates by the gym. looked like he had some rx2's on there or something. looking good
      nice dude! yeah, he just got the rx2's! he loves em.

Murry Kristmaws guys!

Vehicles
      12-28-2010 01:32 AM #149
      Are you a student there?
      Yes
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MKV Jetta 2.5L
      12-30-2010 02:38 PM #150
      Just got new WRD springs for my MKV Jetta, and was wondering if anyone around my area is willing to help out with the install. I live in the city and dont have the space or tool to install. I was thinking of going to a local mechanic but the price wasnt in my budget...
      So on to plan B, anyone with experience in a simple spring swap, please contact me, im willing to pay for the help (and beer and pizza will be provided...haha)

Just PM me and ill get in touch...

Thanks
      Andres M.

Page 6 of 753 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast