11-29-2010 11:20 PM #141
      any plans for it? ^
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      1996 VW Golf
      11-30-2010 01:03 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by LR_84_Rabbit View Post
      Hello fellow Lancaster Countians. I stumbled upon this thread and figured I'd introduce my daily driver.

Photo0046

Nice to see some other classy cars in Lancaster.
      Freaking love those old cabriolete's.

hahahha! yes those are my old steelies on erics car actually. His other front tires were down to the cords.
      And yes, he Goes to MU just for one class.
      (sorry if i answered all your questions Eric, you seem to be taking too long! )
      Quote Originally Posted by sexysequoia View Post
      I wish I had a glovebox. The gloves are starting to pile up in my interior and I have no where to place them.

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Rabbit Convertible 1997 Honda Civic DX
      11-30-2010 01:11 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by Wirbelsturm.VW View Post
      any plans for it? ^
      Sorta, I've got a "build" thread going in the Golf I/Jetta I section under Project Noob, though it's less of a build as much as a fixer-upper, haha. Pretty much just stock so far.

The Street of the Willows, PA/Wilmington DE
      Vehicles
      2000 Beetle 1992 Corrado SLC
      11-30-2010 05:21 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by LR_84_Rabbit View Post
      Sorta, I've got a "build" thread going in the Golf I/Jetta I section under Project Noob, though it's less of a build as much as a fixer-upper, haha. Pretty much just stock so far.
      i was taking a look at it. pretty cool. that thing will be sweet once all sorted out. the engine bay and paint look to be in remarkably good condition for an 84.

i just can't get my eyes off those balloon tires
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1984 Rabbit Convertible 1997 Honda Civic DX
      11-30-2010 06:24 PM #145
      i was taking a look at it. pretty cool. that thing will be sweet once all sorted out. the engine bay and paint look to be in remarkably good condition for an 84.

i just can't get my eyes off those balloon tires
      Thanks, it's definitely got some more work to be done, but I was pretty happy about the lack of rust, especially in the engine bay and underside. I'm proud enough of it anyhow

Haha, yeah, those tires have got to go. They were on it when I picked it up, but lets just say I can't exactly take a corner too smoothly.

Vehicles
      12-18-2010 03:09 PM #146
      Mk4rida i saw your brother thursday in his mk3 and gave him a thumbs up as he was turning toward crossgates by the gym. looked like he had some rx2's on there or something. looking good
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      81 Rabbit TD
      12-23-2010 11:05 PM #147
      also figured i'd point out, I saw Eric's chocolate mk2 over by Byerly hall today. does he go to MU?
      and he had that mini unwidened steelie thing on the front i told him about but denied earlier
      Ok, you got me... I was trying to deny it, but.... The sad thing is that I now have all four of them on my car now just for the winter of course. Ill have the widen steelies looking fresh and new for the spring. just bare with me until then

And yes, I had a class at MU this semester, but I dont think I have one next semester. Are you a student there?

Haha, "chocolate mk2"? that kind of has a ring to it

Good to see a lot of traffic going through here, this cabrio is looking like a great platform to work on. Clean!

I have gotten some help locally from Andy (YJSAABMAN), and Devon (jrgrinder), so thanks a lot to both of them. If anyone else wants some help with their dub (not that I know that much, but im always looking to lend a hand), or is willing to lend and hand with mine that would be amazing. Im always looking for someone who knows what they are talking about, or just a place to work.

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!
      Im sick of typical... 81 TD Rabbit LE19: Bugsy

Vehicles
      2003 GLI 24v. 2001 Passa Wagon 30v 4-Motion
      12-24-2010 10:38 AM #148
      Mk4rida i saw your brother thursday in his mk3 and gave him a thumbs up as he was turning toward crossgates by the gym. looked like he had some rx2's on there or something. looking good
      nice dude! yeah, he just got the rx2's! he loves em.

Murry Kristmaws guys!
      VRalliance #16
      VRSociety #131

Quote Originally Posted by DRH View Post
      Stick with PSU and you'll be a geriatric member in a few months.

Vehicles
      12-28-2010 01:32 AM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by absentee View Post
      Are you a student there?
      Yes
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MKV Jetta 2.5L
      12-30-2010 02:38 PM #150
      Just got new WRD springs for my MKV Jetta, and was wondering if anyone around my area is willing to help out with the install. I live in the city and dont have the space or tool to install. I was thinking of going to a local mechanic but the price wasnt in my budget...
      So on to plan B, anyone with experience in a simple spring swap, please contact me, im willing to pay for the help (and beer and pizza will be provided...haha)

Just PM me and ill get in touch...

Thanks
      Andres M.

Vehicles
      12-30-2010 03:51 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by AFM11 View Post
      Just got new WRD springs for my MKV Jetta, and was wondering if anyone around my area is willing to help out with the install. I live in the city and dont have the space or tool to install. I was thinking of going to a local mechanic but the price wasnt in my budget...
      So on to plan B, anyone with experience in a simple spring swap, please contact me, im willing to pay for the help (and beer and pizza will be provided...haha)

Just PM me and ill get in touch...

Thanks
      Andres M.
      contact "Two . Slow" on here. he is going to do my coils with me and his buddy nate. His name is Tyler! He may be able to help.

Tell him Spencer recomended him lol.
      VRalliance #16
      VRSociety #131

Vehicles
      12-30-2010 08:54 PM #152
      also "dablunt" could help you out. His name is Chad and he lives in west of Lancaster toward Hempfield. He's a good guy and really knows what he's doing.

What's your "budget" though?
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MKV Jetta 2.5L
      01-02-2011 04:40 AM #153
      also "dablunt" could help you out. His name is Chad and he lives in west of Lancaster toward Hempfield. He's a good guy and really knows what he's doing.

What's your "budget" though?
      My budget is reasonable... $150ish... hell, ill do all the hard work... just need someone who nows what there doing with the right tools...

Vehicles
      01-03-2011 11:53 AM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by AFM11 View Post
      My budget is reasonable... $150ish... hell, ill do all the hard work... just need someone who nows what there doing with the right tools...
      If you don't mind the drive, go to Paul E. Witmer garage in Ephrata. 717-738-1157. They only charge $40/hr and should be able to do it for under $150.
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      01-03-2011 12:20 PM #155
      If you don't mind the drive, go to Paul E. Witmer garage in Ephrata. 717-738-1157. They only charge $40/hr and should be able to do it for under $150.

yesir! They would do it for ya.
      VRalliance #16
      VRSociety #131

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225
      01-19-2011 01:26 PM #156
      Back to MU as a commuting student in my TT. Does the Lancaster PA group have a hangout/favorite bar or anything?

Vehicles
      01-19-2011 01:43 PM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by The Gent View Post
      Back to MU as a commuting student in my TT. Does the Lancaster PA group have a hangout/favorite bar or anything?
      ive seen you around dude! and idk, probably jack's. they're always busy.

Is your TT the one with the mean sounding exhaust? haha it sounds good
      VRalliance #16
      VRSociety #131

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225
      01-20-2011 11:05 AM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by mk4rida View Post
      ive seen you around dude! and idk, probably jack's. they're always busy.

Is your TT the one with the mean sounding exhaust? haha it sounds good

My TT is a stock Moro Blue Pearl 225. I've seen a few other TT's in the Millersville area, but i don't know if they're actually at MU, or if they're just in the area.

--Also--

I notice that some of the other (marginally) close close cities have get togethers-- I think that the Lancaster/MU area should get on that too. It wouldn't have to be every week or anything, but some random VW/Audi meets would be cool. We could pick out a decently nice/fairly inexpensive hang out for meals/conversation and what-not.

What do you guys think?

Vehicles
      01-20-2011 12:54 PM #159
      My TT is a stock Moro Blue Pearl 225. I've seen a few other TT's in the Millersville area, but i don't know if they're actually at MU, or if they're just in the area.

--Also--

I notice that some of the other (marginally) close close cities have get togethers-- I think that the Lancaster/MU area should get on that too. It wouldn't have to be every week or anything, but some random VW/Audi meets would be cool. We could pick out a decently nice/fairly inexpensive hang out for meals/conversation and what-not.

What do you guys think?
      ahh gotcha. ive seen yours before, and i think there are 2 other TT's on campus. I saw one yesterday parked in the McComsey parking lot (grey paint, smoked tails, dual exhaust) and it looked pretty good!

Im currently part of a york county group. i have been for the past month or so...they are real chill and meet about once every other week. so if we can get a solid group going on over here in millersville (lancaster), then we could join up with them and have a more legit gtg! haha just my thoughts

As far as a nice/fairly inexpensive hang out, Jack's restaurant has a bigger kind of parking lot, and pretty good french fries sugar bowl also has some good parking (later at night after classes are all done) and has cheap good food..

im pretty busy with school already, but i'd definitely be down for a local MU meet!

edit: what year are you at college?
      VRalliance #16
      VRSociety #131

20. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225
      01-20-2011 01:29 PM #160

Im currently part of a york county group. i have been for the past month or so...they are real chill and meet about once every other week. so if we can get a solid group going on over here in millersville (lancaster), then we could join up with them and have a more legit gtg! haha just my thoughts

As far as a nice/fairly inexpensive hang out, Jack's restaurant has a bigger kind of parking lot, and pretty good french fries sugar bowl also has some good parking (later at night after classes are all done) and has cheap good food..

im pretty busy with school already, but i'd definitely be down for a local MU meet!

edit: what year are you at college?

I think Jack's sounds like a decent bet. I've been there a few times in the past half year.

School always keeps things busy, unfortunately. I've got all my classes set for MWF (for the most part due to my commuting), so my Tu/Tr are open for hangouts and my W/F evenings are open for drinking/fun time.

The year for college is a little difficult to explain. Essentially I'm in my second year, but I was already burned out from high school when I entered MU, and after my first semester I burned out/got lazy/dumb and I messed up my next 2 semesters pretty solid... so I'm technically in my 4th semester, but I'm also retaking some of the classes I did bad in to fix my GPA-- so I'll be a sophomore next semester, even though it'll be my 5th semester at MU.

Tl;Dr
      I was a lazy guy, so I'll be a sophomore.

Vehicles
      01-20-2011 01:39 PM #161
      I think Jack's sounds like a decent bet. I've been there a few times in the past half year.

School always keeps things busy, unfortunately. I've got all my classes set for MWF (for the most part due to my commuting), so my Tu/Tr are open for hangouts and my W/F evenings are open for drinking/fun time.

The year for college is a little difficult to explain. Essentially I'm in my second year, but I was already burned out from high school when I entered MU, and after my first semester I burned out/got lazy/dumb and I messed up my next 2 semesters pretty solid... so I'm technically in my 4th semester, but I'm also retaking some of the classes I did bad in to fix my GPA-- so I'll be a sophomore next semester, even though it'll be my 5th semester at MU.

Tl;Dr
      I see! that sucks dude but really, the amount of time you spend in college (and trying to get a degree) is minuscule compared to the rest of your life!!

i am currently in my 6th semester, so i am technically a junior. I am 3 credits behind schedule (stupid Intro to accounting ) i started out as a business major, then economics major, and now finally i am on course to be a Industrial Technology graduate in the spring next year *hopefully*

any night will work for me (just depends on what my homework looks like for the next day)...

VRalliance #16
      VRSociety #131

22. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225
      01-20-2011 01:52 PM #162
      I see! that sucks dude but really, the amount of time you spend in college (and trying to get a degree) is minuscule compared to the rest of your life!!

i am currently in my 6th semester, so i am technically a junior. I am 3 credits behind schedule (stupid Intro to accounting ) i started out as a business major, then economics major, and now finally i am on course to be a Industrial Technology graduate in the spring next year *hopefully*

any night will work for me (just depends on what my homework looks like for the next day)...

I'm glad to hear it looks like you're almost through with the college business though I know it can be a hassle/pain in the ass... But if you keep on top of it (which is what I hope to do this time), it's not always such a bad thing. Once you have your degree and it starts paying itself off, it's a lot nicer to look back on.

--As for a chill night one of these days/weeks... I guess we'll wait and see if anyone else wants to put some weight into the idea, and if we get enough people to try to get something moving along (or if you just want to meet at the bar sometime, that's fine too).

I'm headed over to MU soon to check on a wait list or two and to snag my books for the semester (for the classes I don't need to wait for >.<).

Vehicles
      01-20-2011 07:48 PM #163
      cepa has gtg's around Lancaster. just figured i'd point that out

http://www.cepavw.org/phpbb3/viewtop...973&start=1250
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      '02 STG3 S/C BMW M3, '02 Audi TT 225Q [sold], '01 400hp Mustang GT [RIP], '92 Lexus SC400 [RIP]
      01-20-2011 10:19 PM #164

Tl;Dr
      You're all welcome to come to my house to drink. 9 e-courts.
      Got a deposit down on my TT and I'm picking up a blown e46 //m

Vehicles
      01-20-2011 11:51 PM #165
      cepa has gtg's around Lancaster. just figured i'd point that out

http://www.cepavw.org/phpbb3/viewtop...973&start=1250
      word

pretty sure i'll be making it out on the 31st for the Iron Hill Brewery gtg. I can have a beer now that im 21!

VRalliance #16
      VRSociety #131

26. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225
      01-21-2011 11:43 AM #166
      I can't make the monday night events due to my wind ensemble practices taking up a two hour chunk from 6-8 at MU (boo). If I didn't have that, Monday night g2gs sound like a blast. Maybe over spring break I'll be able to do one of those.

Vehicles
      01-21-2011 06:09 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by surfinsk8r View Post
      9 e-courts.
      could end up swinging by tonight
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      '02 STG3 S/C BMW M3, '02 Audi TT 225Q [sold], '01 400hp Mustang GT [RIP], '92 Lexus SC400 [RIP]
      01-23-2011 04:58 PM #168
      could end up swinging by tonight
      didn't end up having anything friday. saturday was crazy. i'm sure next weekend will be good and 'vegas' is either next weekend or the one after

Vehicles
      01-23-2011 11:52 PM #169
      yeah i swing by friday after hanging out in wellness and noticed you weren't having anything.

Quote Originally Posted by surfinsk8r View Post
      'vegas' is either next weekend or the one after
      'vegas'
      HIBERNATION

PA/DE

Vehicles
      1989 Jetta GLI(Helios)/1996 Cabrio/2013 Golf TDI
      01-25-2011 11:51 AM #170
      My Fiancee and I are moving into Millersville this coming week-end. She's a full time MU student and I work as a Mechanical Engineer in Leola.

She drives this(in winter mode currently though)-

This is my daily driver-

The project car-

Before:

Currently:

Looking forward to meeting some new enthusiasts around the Millersville area.

Vehicles
      01-25-2011 12:55 PM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by ktm8806 View Post
      My Fiancee and I are moving into Millersville this coming week-end. She's a full time MU student and I work as a Mechanical Engineer in Leola.

She drives this(in winter mode currently though)-

This is my daily driver-

Looking forward to meeting some new enthusiasts around the Millersville area.
      I look forward to seeing this sweet cabrio!! haha and dude, Im pretty sure I saw you last weekend (or the week before?) in your red Jetta. You pulled up beside me at the rt999 and rt741 light (going out of Millersville). I'll post a pic of my jetta and maybe you'll recognize it! lol

Welcome to Millersville And if you ever want to swap wheels (i have longbeaches) let me know, im really interested in seeing what Montes look like on mine!

VRalliance #16
      VRSociety #131

Vehicles
      01-25-2011 01:15 PM #172
      here you go ktm8806, here is a pic of my car. I dont have the M3 tails anymore, i currently have a custom set of tails (as seen in the bottom pic).

current tail lights:

gotta love the VR6

let me know if you recognize this jetta! haha its loud too, maybe that will help you remember
      VRalliance #16
      VRSociety #131

Vehicles
      01-25-2011 03:49 PM #173
      Pulled this out of my Summer Sizzle archive

HIBERNATION

PA/DE

34. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT 225
      01-26-2011 09:46 AM #174
      Welcome to the area ktm8806 -- I'll keep an eye out for you.

Just a quick rant today... /rant "If people can't drive in the snow, they have no business getting into everyone else's way! It took me damn near 2 hours to get from Leola to MU campus! That's ridiculous! Not to mention I saw at least 5 cars off the road in that time...." /endrant

How's everyone else getting along today though?

35. 01-26-2011 09:57 AM #175
      here you go ktm8806, here is a pic of my car. I dont have the M3 tails anymore, i currently have a custom set of tails (as seen in the bottom pic).

[IMG]
      current tail lights:

[IMG]
      gotta love the VR6

[IMG]
      let me know if you recognize this jetta! haha its loud too, maybe that will help you remember
      Lower it.

Page 5 of 530 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast