engine and tranny completely out
I don't have anywhere to store this stuff while I'm at school, so I managed to fit the engine in the glovebox
had to fit the tranny in the passenger seat (yes its a q-script car, but it was already ruined, so ruining it further isn't a big deal)
and finally here is one more picture of the rake the car has with a rear engine setup . Its amplified even more by the ****ty flat tire on the driver's side lol
Found my battery killer....oops. I can't wire.
Also had to tighten another fuel line hose clamp.
I also have a new noise. Not sure where it's coming from, but it sounds like passenger side, possibly suspension related. We put it on a friends lift and basically beat the crap out of everything that could possibly be loose, or come loose, with a malet, and came up with nothing. Hmmmm....
Not today, but over the long weekend I was helping a friend on a motor swap and got to use the press in the shop we were at to change out my passenger front wheel bearing. I can't believe I drove the car 4000 miles with that much noise. It is immensely better now and so much easier to speed.
took a couple pix of some of my cars.
not often these cars of mine are all in the same place. and the rabbit is still in the storage. and yes, they are dirty. not going to spend time cleaning them up for this....
'96 Mk3 VR6 GTI with Vortech SC, '01 C5 A6 4.2L, '90 CQ street car, '90 CQ race car.
The driver window in my CQ wasn't going up straight, so I tore it apart last night and got it working again. Turned out a previous owner tried to fix it in the past as well, but the fix didn't last. Here was his solution:
IMG00090-20101123-2205.jpg by TheHarley, on Flickr
First tried a spacer on the existing clamp and at some point while overtightening the screw (is the phillips original?) stripped the threads there. Added a nut, a nail, and a slot to hold the cable onto the few threads of window bracket bolt to aid the weakened stock clamp.
I drilled and tapped the hole bigger for the original cable clamp and used a nice large hex head bolt without the spacer. Needed to file down the ribs next to it a bit, so I could get the bolt flat on the clamp. Seems to be working great for now. If not I will be back in there to replace to the glass in the future once I polish up the spare one I picked up.
Should have taken pictures of the modified bracket, but only had my cell phone, so didn't think to. Here are some pictures of the new hung door panel I picked up with the glass to replace mine with the broken map pocket.
image by TheHarley, on Flickr
IMG00095-20101206-2243.jpg by TheHarley, on Flickr
Might last longer and not much more expensive than the bulbs I have found. $1.59 for white. All other colors are $2.25.
I glued up the leather on the shift knob, it was falling appart...
And I polished my cluster. I pulled it out cuz when my headlights are on, the bulb on the left side of speedometer won't come on, however, the right flasher and high beam indicater are on..... I thought the bulb needed a wiggle. nothing helped.... darn
If anyone's had that, let me know how you've fixed it....
Also, planning on installing some cheap "rally style" mudflaps. But kinda stuck on how or where to mount it onto...
Anyone got pics?
actually i'mma start another thread on it too.
Got my new snow tires mounted and put on. Other than that, nothing!!! Big Red's been running great! (probably just hexed it. )
On my list of things to do this coming weekend is to remove the driver's seat and see if I can't figure out why it doesn't get toasty. We've already tried swapping out the switches (passengers side works great), but no luck.
Also,I think I've tracked down my loud ass rattle...it appears to be my kinda loose bumper cover on the passenger side (some tard side swiped it before I got it, and broke the clips on the bumper).
I've got my rear rotors and some nice raybestos pads! all cleaned and ready to go on once I have the time to!
I'll be trying to loosen my diff fill nut as well. Last time i tried it wouldn't move...
And I got some big mudflaps for trucks, will be trimming them and attemting to mount them one way or another. I might end up building a custom bracket for them, but I would really prefer it if someone has done it before or knows the car better than I do and could guild me in the right direction so I won't be wasting time.