Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Sixth Generation Volkswagen Jetta Debuts - Official Pics!

1. 07-06-2010 12:25 PM #226
      Quote Originally Posted by BClear View Post
      2) You "enthusiasts" and your Jettas kill me. I literally "LOL" every time one of you talks about how you're such a badass enthusiast with your Jetta.
      And there are people who literally "LOL" when you talk about being an enthusiast with your car, whatever car that is - because there are certainly cars out there far better and far "more enthusiast-oriented" than whatever you drive. FYI.

2. 07-06-2010 01:11 PM #227
      Quote Originally Posted by LMGS View Post
      1) We HAVE seen it, and read about all they have done to cut costs..

2) I don't really care if you "LOL" when we talk about our Jettas.. My car is "high performance" and "custom".. You don't have to have a high performance car to be a enthusiast.. Enthusiasm has nothing to do with performance, it has more to do with a passion for your cars..

3) The trunk hinges DO matter to some people..

4) You are showing your stupidity by saying the rear suspension doesn't matter.. It does matter, especially on a FWD car.. I DO TRACK MY CAR!! And against a MK4, the rear suspension makes a HUGE difference in the cornering.. You don't need 500 hp, and RWD to have a good handling car.. Of course you claiming a Ford "Mustank" is an amazing handling car, really shows you don't know what you are talking about..

Maybe to YOU the Jetta is not an enthusiast's car, but to a lot of people it is.. Those people do care what VW is doing to a car they love..
      Yes, you, the majority of Jetta owners, and VW's target demographic are hardcore track enthusiasts. Definitely.

Vehicles
      98 VW Golf (AEG) RIP, 04 VW Golf 16VT (In Progress)
      07-06-2010 01:13 PM #228
      Quote Originally Posted by BClear View Post
      Yes, you, the majority of Jetta owners, and VW's target demographic are hardcore track enthusiasts. Definitely.

wow did you even read what he wrote?
      :bow Old Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      Really Volvo? A failure of system that is supposed to save the inattentive would have been noticed by a real inattentive driver?
      Really?

4. 07-06-2010 01:24 PM #229
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
      And there are people who literally "LOL" when you talk about being an enthusiast with your car, whatever car that is - because there are certainly cars out there far better and far "more enthusiast-oriented" than whatever you drive. FYI.
      1) I never claimed anything for myself.
      2) Duh, there will always be bigger, badder, faster fish in the sea.
      3) You have a valid point. However, in the grand scheme of things, VW's entry level, Corolla-fighter isn't very high up on the enthusiast scale. Sorry.

I understand the niche that the nice Jetta's have forged. Bottomline is it doesn't matter. If VW can trade one of your sales for 5 sales to the average consumer that doesn't know/care, they're going to. It's just business. Buy something else if you're not happy anymore. That's why there are other automakers.

5. 07-06-2010 01:35 PM #230
      Quote Originally Posted by duke_seb View Post
      wow did you even read what he wrote?
      Yes I did. And I had initially started typing a long, detailed response to every point. Then I realized I didn't care that much. I'm not here to try to be an e-thug. They're are valid points either way, and I understand that some feel as though VW has sold out on them to the masses. They have probably lost some potential buyers that were mkv owners. Simply put, the Jetta was never a performance machine. It aimed at the entry level buyer, and obviously VW feels the need to be more aggressive targeting that demographic. Thankfully they will still make a GLI with a turbo and IRS for those concerned with performance.

I'm not here to fight. Some just need to see it's a business move to increase sales volume. That is all.

6. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta 1.8T
      04-29-2011 06:58 PM #231
      I have seen a couple of these driving around Dallas. I think when I retire my Jetta thats what I will pick up.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910