Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MK1 Golf Four Wheel Drive with MK5 R32 Turbo Lump (Under Construction)

1. 01-27-2011 01:29 AM #141
      Hope u get issues sorted out asap and am still watching

2. 01-27-2011 01:12 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by mafosta View Post
      Hope u get issues sorted out asap and am still watching
      Hope so too man. I've put all on hold till I get him back. Spoke to Gaz suspension an there are willing to make some custom rare shocks for the build at a very good price so I should get that killer stance I been looking for as suppose to the Amy Winehouse effect I've got going on at the mo.

Killer Mk1 stance (this is not my Wide Boy just looking for this kinda stance)

Mk2 stance

The Amy Winehouse effect (High as a mother****) but not for much longer

Anyone looking for more info on Gaz pls see the link below.

http://www.gaz-shocks.co.uk/index.html

Vehicles
      A6 TDI Quattro wagon, A4 TDI Quattro racecar
      01-27-2011 01:35 PM #143
      Yeah the Gaz guys are a good bunch I spoke to them at the Autosport show a couple of weeks ago about making me some custom suspension for my Corrado V8
      Throw an Audi engineer down a hole with a ladder and he will fashion a shovel from it and tunnel his way out

Quote Originally Posted by shwak23 View Post
      You could always call your insurance and say that some vandals tried to swap your car to rwd while you weren't looking.

Vehicles
      Golf .:RTDI
      02-02-2011 03:06 AM #144
      Any updates on this?
      OEM R32 F+R | Bilstein PSS9 | 20th AE brakes | BBS CH | Milltek R32 style turbo-back | MK6 GTI MFSW | VNT17VB | SMFW+ VR6 Clutch| Malone Stage 4 | + Moar
      Flickr

5. 02-02-2011 11:49 AM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
      Yeah the Gaz guys are a good bunch I spoke to them at the Autosport show a couple of weeks ago about making me some custom suspension for my Corrado V8
      Yeah, thanks for co-sign. I'll defo be getting them to sort me out legs for my iron horse. Stance is key.

6. 02-02-2011 11:57 AM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by anasopia View Post
      Any updates on this?
      Maaaan, disappointingly still nothing at this time. I got my rad back the other day. (pix to follow). My fuel tank needs braising but I'm not jumping to do that as the I'm not sure if the position of the Haldex is gonna change where the tank will need to go. GRRRRRRR!!! Frustrating but out of my hands at this time. I should know more tomorrow, hopefully.

Thanks for looking all the same. The encouragement is appreciated.

02-02-2011 05:25 PM #147
      Sounds like it's time to throw a fuel cell in the trunk. Good work Sir
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6Vixen01 View Post
      In part, Jason has to run because it is faster than driving his car...

8. 02-03-2011 02:02 AM #148
      very cool

9. 02-03-2011 05:28 AM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by gtiguy12 View Post
      Sounds like it's time to throw a fuel cell in the trunk. Good work Sir
      It's a good suggestion, but I kinda like the idea of the thin metal box that contain the highly flammable liquid to stay outside the car rather than at the back of my neck if you know what I mean. So fingers crossed I'll be able to keep the modified tank.

10. 02-03-2011 01:54 PM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by Rocco R16V View Post
      very cool
      Thanks man!

11. 02-03-2011 02:02 PM #151
      Would you believe the cheek!!! some company has lifted pix from my thread and are using them to sell manifolds.

They didn't even bother to edit out my pineapple juice carton. These guys are 'taking the piss' as we say here in England.

Any advice on how to deal with these mo'fo'?

12. 02-03-2011 02:21 PM #152
      Call them and complain?
      Have someone write a cease and desist letter that sounds real?
      Kill them?

13. Member
      Vehicles
      81 rabbit, 02 mini cooper s
      02-03-2011 05:01 PM #153
      those cheeky bastards!

Vehicles
      02-03-2011 07:33 PM #154
      Cheeky buggers! Even putting their own watermark on them!

I would email them and politely ask them to stop using your pics.

If that doesn't work then its time to start hunting for them on forums and making their business difficult. Hopefully they will respond to option 1...

Unfortunately if you didn't watermark them in the first place there's very little you can do to stop them (short of expensive legal shenanigans, which really isn't worth it).

You never know though, if they lifted them from this thread in the first place then they may well read that you are unimpressed and do the honourable thing and remove them. In which case hello to them and well done for doing the right thing
      Throw an Audi engineer down a hole with a ladder and he will fashion a shovel from it and tunnel his way out

You could always call your insurance and say that some vandals tried to swap your car to rwd while you weren't looking.

15. 02-03-2011 09:57 PM #155
      Why not uses syncro and coverts it to Haldex via Dutchbulid.com? It's easier, cheaper, and can handle the power...

16. 02-04-2011 03:36 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by deathhare. View Post
      Call them and complain?
      Have someone write a cease and desist letter that sounds real?
      Kill them?
      LOL!!! Resorting to murder might just be a tad extreme.

17. 02-04-2011 03:36 PM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by ArpyArpad View Post
      those cheeky bastards!
      I know right!!

18. 02-04-2011 03:45 PM #158
      Cheeky buggers! Even putting their own watermark on them!

I would email them and politely ask them to stop using your pics.

If that doesn't work then its time to start hunting for them on forums and making their business difficult. Hopefully they will respond to option 1...

Unfortunately if you didn't watermark them in the first place there's very little you can do to stop them (short of expensive legal shenanigans, which really isn't worth it).

You never know though, if they lifted them from this thread in the first place then they may well read that you are unimpressed and do the honourable thing and remove them. In which case hello to them and well done for doing the right thing
      Good suggestions, thanks man. I'm gonna give them a call and see what cheeky response I get. I'll keep you posted.

19. 02-04-2011 03:56 PM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by dredward View Post
      Why not uses syncro and coverts it to Haldex via Dutchbulid.com? It's easier, cheaper, and can handle the power...
      Are you talking about, the axle itself? I looked into that, but having it fabricated will give the same results and also a bit cheaper. One thing, it would have been faster tho, considering the present set backs.

Vehicles
      02-09-2011 02:14 PM #160
      Did you get a response from those monkeys that took your piktshars?
      and did you solve your issue?
      Keep up the good work! I check back often for updates
      OEM R32 F+R | Bilstein PSS9 | 20th AE brakes | BBS CH | Milltek R32 style turbo-back | MK6 GTI MFSW | VNT17VB | SMFW+ VR6 Clutch| Malone Stage 4 | + Moar
      Flickr

21. 02-10-2011 08:27 AM #161
      Did you get a response from those monkeys that took your piktshars?
      and did you solve your issue?
      Keep up the good work! I check back often for updates
      Thanks for looking man. Called up the company in question and the manager said he'd take them down but wanted me to send him an e-mail tell him what I want as compensation and he'd work something out. So I'm gonna look into that and see what the resolution will be.

I'll keep you updated.

22. 02-10-2011 10:27 AM #162
      So things have slowed down considerably and I might have a couple of months to wait until I can get the back axle sorted. Not great, but not the end of the world. As a result I have been looking into a few other options just in case.

Option 1

Go the Ikea route and get a flat pack Syncro to Haldex DIY conversion kit from Dutchbuild, then have it welded in place. Tricky, but possible.

Syncro to Haldex DIY conversion kit from Dutchbuild

Dredward suggested I send my old axle to Dutchbuild and have the conversion done for me but sounds quite expensive and would prefer to have the car within driving distance so I can keep an eye on the progress.

Here are a few pix of the Dutchbuild completed article compared to the the standard syncro axle.

If you wanna see more pix check out the link below.

http://www.dutchbuild.com/index.php?...id=102&lang=en

Option 2

I could get the car back get the Emerald ECU wired up and have it running as a two wheel drive for the moment. I'd have to get the radiator in place and finish off the plumbing work. I would also have to get the petrol tank braised and mounted in place. I would however run the risk of having to move it around or even relocating it if the axle takes up more space than I bargained for. Not good.

Gonna read up on this axle conversion thing and see if it's a viable option.

23. 02-10-2011 11:10 AM #163
      Tough decision.
      Id probably get it 2WD for this year and when next winter comes dive into the rear end.

24. 02-15-2011 05:33 AM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by deathhare. View Post
      Tough decision.
      Id probably get it 2WD for this year and when next winter comes dive into the rear end.
      I think I'm gonna have to do that.

25. 02-15-2011 05:54 AM #165
      So it looks like I will be going with option 2. I was looking forward to having a go at welding the Dutchbuild kit in place but it might be more trouble than its worth seeing as the original cradle has been already cut away.

In addition, not to take anything away from the Dutchbuild kit, but I think seeing what another engineering firm comes up with in terms of a back axle cradle for the haldex can't be a bad thing. Who know, there could be a much more user friendly way of doing this. It won't hurt to see what Greg comes up with.

I should be getting the car back next week all being well, so I'll be back on it in a couple of weeks. I'll get it all wired up and running, but not mapped.

In a couple months Greg will pick the car back up and get the axle and prop shaft in place. Hopeful I can get the car running before the summer.

26. 04-20-2011 03:59 AM #166
      any updates been watching this over in the u.k nice build, ps ive noticed ur useing a mk5 r32?and turboing it ,just be carefull im sure the mk5 crank isnt forged like the mk4 r32 is ,ive seen poeple runing 15/17psi on these ,for how long im unsure,as ive a mk1 caddy 4wd pickup with a forged mk3 vr6t fitted goes well,and i bought a mk5 r32 ,which it had a dsg gearbox fitted bub engine code 2005, im told these arnt forged, so im in progress of swopping cranks ,,,ill be controlling my vvt from my standalone , hope things going well and keep it up ,,
      mk1 golf, mk5 r32c holset hx40 turbo 6 speed tdi gearbox,02m haldex 4wd , electric steering ,

Vehicles
      Mk1/B2/Mk2/Mk3/Mk6/F-350
      04-27-2011 02:36 PM #167
      Why not raise the strut towers in the rear? A bit more work, but might be worth it to maintain travel while still achieving the desired ride height and not having to dick around with mismatched parts and shockvalving/spring rates.

Vehicles
      05-12-2011 03:54 AM #168
      any updates on this?
      Flickr

29. 06-17-2011 07:46 AM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by stealthmk1 View Post
      Why not raise the strut towers in the rear? A bit more work, but might be worth it to maintain travel while still achieving the desired ride height and not having to dick around with mismatched parts and shockvalving/spring rates.
      Sorry for the delayed reply.

I want interior of the car to look as original as possible so I'd rather get modified struts. Thanks for the advice tho. It is worth considering.

30. 06-17-2011 07:47 AM #170
      Yep! here you go.

31. 06-17-2011 08:07 AM #171
      Well, it's been a labour of love, and unfortunately not much has happened since I last updated this.

It'll looks like the recession has taken it's toll on this build as well everything. The company that was putting together my back axle has gone out of business. So I've been waiting to get car and associated parts returned to me. I'm hopefully that the car is in good hands tho so i'm not worried to much about it.

I'm told the company might me starting anew and they'll be finishing the back axle soon. I can only wait and see what happens.

Thanks for looking.

Vehicles
      06-17-2011 02:50 PM #172
      Ouch that sucks. Hope you get everything back ok!

Vehicles
      06-20-2011 11:33 PM #173
      I'm sorry to hear that you (and all of us who follow this thread) have to suffer because of the recession. I hope that your build gets back on track as soon as possible!
      Flickr

34. 06-21-2011 06:54 AM #174
      Ouch that sucks. Hope you get everything back ok!
      It does suck, but I'm hopefully it will all work out.

Thanks again man.

35. 06-21-2011 06:56 AM #175
      I'm sorry to hear that you (and all of us who follow this thread) have to suffer because of the recession. I hope that your build gets back on track as soon as possible!
      I hear you. Time are hard but VW is a religion. We'll find way to thrive regardless.

Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast