VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

GTI G60 Edition One

53K views 191 replies 84 participants last post by  G-unit@ 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, Im going to try present my love . It is GTI G60 Edition One from 1990 yer of production. My plan was keeping the car in orginal shape with some oem+ parts, the chassis is completely restore and new paint was deposit ( LA9V ), the bbs rs rims ( 070 , 071 ) are also restored . Heres some of pictures of my g-ladiator :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On the engine I done a few things :

- 68 mm pullye
- SLS P3RS chip
- RS2 G-charger ( SLS )
- 4-2-1 SS exhaust
- 3.5 FPR ( porshe 944 )
- W5DP0 sparks ( Polo G40 )
- baypass
- K&N panell air filter
The car develops cca 210-215 hp
Still plans to put on asymmetric cam and epanded motor head with new valvers( intake/exhaust )

[/B]

See less See more
#60 ·
I tried with audi S3, 2 rounds, 1 round not recorded (since it was unplanned) rolling 150-250 km/h make the difference about six car lengths, the second round is recorded but it came at high speed next to me, but it is nice to see how it catches up to 265 km/h (Tacho) than I let go the pedal of gas because 5 speed was 6900 rpm (at the beginning is uphill ) and this car is not designed for these speeds, all over 240 km/h is risk in this car ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnRK_488HVw

:wave:

#74 ·
Update ...:)

I found one, quite rare part and I think it is OEM mk2. It is a electric sunroof.
beafore a few years I installed the sunroof ( manual ) from old audi 80 ( 85 year of production ) so the cover can go up , I made small modifications , and the el.motor can lift the cover up.

A small light ( like in bus :p )

I have these little plastic painted black, this is an mk2 gti not mk4 ;)

cover goes up :)

two pictures before winter set-up