Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: mk4 golf tdi drw 02m gearbox stuck in gear any advise

1. 07-02-2010 07:48 AM #1
      lucky i have a fair amount of spare 02m 6 speeds , but this one was perfect no wines/noises , or gear problem , i only changed gear and its stuck wont come out , tryed removing linkage cables , oil is clean , so ill strip the buggar and check for worn shifter forks or worn sincro or something ,,,, anything i could check , or dose any one have pics of strip rebuild and checking internals of these

2. 07-06-2010 04:42 PM #2
      right guys here goes , my 20.00 bargin ebay 02m 6speed drw code gearbox arrived stuck in 3rd gear i was told , so thought was worth a strip to see
      so first looks like the corriuer services dropped the buggar due to gear linkage been snaped

anyway stripped the buggar

after inspecting the sycros ,cogs , bearings found the problem
      one rivit had snapped on the shifter fork and and notch had broke , (maybe from the other guy trying to get it into gear ,

so due to having plenty of 02m spares , replaced parts and rebuilt it back ,, cheep gearbox it thow on my caddy

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      52 MK4 GOLF 1.9 GT-TDI 130+
      08-11-2012 12:27 PM #3
      Hi there i have the same with my shifter fork in pic 3, the rivet has sheared off!!!
      Do you have another replacement fork for mine as car is needed and this trouble is not needed 2 weeks before my wedding!
      Thanks mark