Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More More Photos of the Jetta VI VW Accessories Car

1. Administrator jamie@vwvortex's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2012 SuperBeetle, 2012 Jetta GLI, Ducati Multistrada 1200, Triumph Bonneville
      07-29-2010 06:15 PM #1
      We took a few more photos of the Jetta VI with some of the VW accessories pieces on it. You can find the gallery HERE

2. 07-29-2010 06:19 PM #2
      I guess the accessories don't include driver gear springs? Will look hot once dropped.

Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit 4-Door
      07-29-2010 06:29 PM #3
      Lower it!

Aside from it being a 4x4, it looks great

4. 07-29-2010 09:30 PM #4
      Looks great...but look at them drum brakes and exposed trunk hinges. Jus kidding.

5. 07-29-2010 10:19 PM #5
      Looks like crap.
      Poor 'stick on' Toyota Corolla look to it. What ever happed to 'unpimp my ride'? It is really zuckin.

6. 07-29-2010 10:34 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by racecrmike View Post
      Looks like crap.
      Poor 'stick on' Toyota Corolla look to it. What ever happed to 'unpimp my ride'? It is really zuckin.
      agreed man.. compare the mk4 valences with this one. the mk4 body lines are preserved, and also enhanced, while the mk6 has none of that. for shame

Vehicles
      '94 Civic
      07-29-2010 10:36 PM #7
      That thing would look godly with a functional drop.

8. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      long list...
      07-29-2010 10:58 PM #8
      I like it.. a lot.. but yea. coils are needed..

Vehicles
      | 01 1.8t | 09 2.0T |
      07-29-2010 11:02 PM #9
      WTF is that VWoA. Find the guy with the body panel adhesive and kick him the F--- out of the building.

Vehicles
      04.5 TR GLI, 10 Wolfsburg Tiguan, 03 Allroad
      07-29-2010 11:06 PM #10
      Looks like the front wheel is already crubed.. Jeezz.

One million times better looking than the MK V... I still love the MKIV though.

07-29-2010 11:56 PM #11
      jury is still out on this one for me until i see it in person. body kit does look pretty cheesy and i seriously can't even think of another modern car on the road that uses drum brakes. i do think that the gli variant will have a ton of potential and i'm sure there won't be a dearth of aftermarket body kits available in case that votex kit looks as bad in real life as it does in photos.

Vehicles
      2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic; 2002 allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
      07-30-2010 01:02 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by KJvr6 View Post

Excellent wheel selection for the lines, size, and ride height of the car.
      2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic Salsa Red
      9W7 Bluetooth | RNS-510 | Homelink sun visor | Extendable passenger sun visor | MFSW w/ paddles | Hi-line SWCM | Hi-Line MFD+ instrument cluster | Auto-dimming inside rear view mirror w/ compass | Trunk lid open switch in grab handle | Silver lens tail lights | Front & rear door warning/puddle lights

Vehicles
      2000, VW Jetta now 2006 VW Jetta MKIV Soccer and 1992 Jetta CaratEdition
      07-30-2010 01:07 AM #13
      In my opinion, this body kit doesn't look designed in VW Germany.
      The car doesn't look European, where is the fine lines and nice touche ?
      Looks like Ford Fusion Body kit !!

I want to see the European version of this car.

Vehicles
      1989 Porsche 944, 2006 VW GTI, 2014 Mazda 6
      07-30-2010 01:09 AM #14
      It looks absolutely terrible. The MkIV and MkV weren't much of a looker in base trim either - but you could count on the upgraded body kits looking very clean. This was an afterthought - people complained about the MkV looking like a corolla, this body kit really does look like a tacked on body kit from a corolla S.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      07-30-2010 01:46 AM #15
      agreed man.. compare the mk4 valences with this one. the mk4 body lines are preserved, and also enhanced, while the mk6 has none of that. for shame

GAWDAMN the MkIV Jetta, when done right (see above), just looks SOOOO good

Vehicles
      2010 Mazda5, 1967 Beetle, 1976 Harley Sportster
      07-30-2010 08:53 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by brekdown29 View Post
      jury is still out on this one for me until i see it in person. body kit does look pretty cheesy and i seriously can't even think of another modern car on the road that uses drum brakes. i do think that the gli variant will have a ton of potential and i'm sure there won't be a dearth of aftermarket body kits available in case that votex kit looks as bad in real life as it does in photos.
      I can. (i'm sure there are plenty more)

Honda Civic
      Honda Insight
      Toyota Yaris
      Toyota Corolla

Vehicles
      83 GTI, 03 GOLF
      07-30-2010 10:25 AM #17
      I like it. But, you could of sent a photog who could take some proper pics... these photos dont do justice, like the WF didnt do any either!

18. 07-30-2010 11:16 AM #18
      Looks good, much better than the MK5. The real judgement will come when we see the GLI, I know 99.9% of you guys would never even consider buying anything other than the GLI. VW has made changes with brakes, suspension and interior, in order to come in at a lower price point. Let's face it, most people that will buy this car don't care about the cost cutting and won't notice. They mostly look at price , styling, interior space, safety and cup holders. Let's be happy with the fact that they are going to give us the GLI which hopefully adresses the issues that most seem to have with the model...

Vehicles
      2013 Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium | 2010 GTI 6MT | 2002 Golf GL TDI 5MT | Audi R10 ;-)
      07-30-2010 11:18 AM #19
      What's with the silver-painted drums that have a lip around them that vaguely resembles a disk brake setup? Perhaps even VWGoA recognizes that drum brakes on a modern Jetta is absurd so they feel the need to try and disguise them?! If it were me, I'd paint those damn things matte black and try and hide them behind a busy wheel...a German "premium" compact with sporty pretenses with drum brakes, a downright abomination And then, to throw on a body kit that looks like it's an afterthought or something you might find on another, decidely un-European, car I love VWs and have owned 8 over the last 14 years, but what the heck am I going to replace my MkV TDI with in a year or two if this is the direction that U.S. VWs will be heading in 'Tis truly a shame because I think the '11 Jetta has some really nice lines to it and has the potential to be such a great car...like you can get in Europe.

Vehicles
      2013 Fiat 500 Turbo
      07-30-2010 11:24 AM #20
      Nice TRD Camry....

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 Jetta TDI
      07-30-2010 11:41 AM #21
      the first thing i thought:

i hope my mkv TDI lasts till the mkvii and hopefully theyll look better.
      i dont like how any of the mkvi's look

22. 07-30-2010 12:14 PM #22
      You know......the only thing worse than huge 19 or 20 inch wheels over top of puny disc brakes is huge wheels over top of puny drum brakes. I have been making fun of Honda's and other Jap cars for 12 years because of their ridiculous rear brakes and then Volkswagen comes out with a rear drum brake on the new Jetta. Nice going. I feel so ashamed......thanks VW.
      If I didn't have a 3.6 CC, I'd buy another brand of automobile. Hmmmm.....maybe BMW?

23. Member
      07-30-2010 01:18 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfsburg03 View Post
      You know......the only thing worse than huge 19 or 20 inch wheels over top of puny disc brakes is huge wheels over top of puny drum brakes.
      Smart car owners avoid that by using these:

http://www.smartmadness.com/servlet/...ar-disk/Detail

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta GLI & 2014 Jetta GLI Edition 30
      07-30-2010 03:41 PM #24
      I agree that the valences look better-integrated on the MkIV and that they do a better job of preserving the body lines.

The reason for this is that the Jetta IV comes standard with unpainted valances (aka bumper lips if you prefer to call them that). The kit on the MkIV preserves the body lines because it uses the natural gap between the standard bumper and valance as a place to attach. The MkIV kits look great because they attach where those black valances attach. Similarly, the MkV had separate valances, but for most years they were painted.

VW enthusiasts have griped and complained for generations about the separate, unpainted valances found under most older Jettas, so VW has finally gotten rid of them completely and gone to a 1-piece bumper on the Jetta VI. What does that mean? Accessory valances no longer have any natural gaps in the bumper to attach and adhere to, so they now look "glued-on." Blame this on all of the MkII-MkV fanboys who cried murder about the separate valances. (I think that most of the people who hated them only felt that way because they drove over parking lot barriers regularly and were angered when this ripped off their factory valance--why do some people think that you have to pull forward until you feel a bump?)
      Last edited by mediumbluemetalic; 07-30-2010 at 03:43 PM.

25. Administrator jamie@vwvortex's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2012 SuperBeetle, 2012 Jetta GLI, Ducati Multistrada 1200, Triumph Bonneville
      07-30-2010 04:26 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Pelican18TQA4 View Post
      What's with the silver-painted drums that have a lip around them that vaguely resembles a disk brake setup? Perhaps even VWGoA recognizes that drum brakes on a modern Jetta is absurd so they feel the need to try and disguise them?! If it were me, I'd paint those damn things matte black and try and hide them behind a busy wheel...a German "premium" compact with sporty pretenses with drum brakes, a downright abomination And then, to throw on a body kit that looks like it's an afterthought or something you might find on another, decidely un-European, car I love VWs and have owned 8 over the last 14 years, but what the heck am I going to replace my MkV TDI with in a year or two if this is the direction that U.S. VWs will be heading in 'Tis truly a shame because I think the '11 Jetta has some really nice lines to it and has the potential to be such a great car...like you can get in Europe.
      Drum brakes are only on the S and SE models and only on the 2.0 and 2.5. SEL, TDI and GLI will have rear disc brakes. And this particular model is not a German "premium" compact with sporting pretenses. The accessories guys only had access to a base model car when they put this together.

I predict there will be some "improvements" of the Jetta VI over the next couple years.

-jamie

Vehicles
      '96 GTI 12v + '03 GTI 24v + '99 CR-V 16v
      07-30-2010 04:49 PM #26
      f**k the mk6 Jetta.
      mk6 golf/GTI is legit.
      but this car just sucks.
      and they don't platform share anymore, which is retarded.
      stupid vw.

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI
      07-30-2010 06:56 PM #27
      A $2500 set of wheels and drum brakes. Those Votex pieces looks really bad.

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8t
      07-30-2010 07:23 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by brekdown29 View Post
      Corolla has drums in the back, cobalt does on low end trim, HHR, I'm sure there are more, probably some fords, it is a way to lower the cost of assembly apparently, though I really don't know how a drum assembly can be much cheaper then discs..

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8t
      07-30-2010 07:24 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Eurofan4eva View Post
      Looks good, much better than the MK5. The real judgement will come when we see the GLI, I know 99.9% of you guys would never even consider buying anything other than the GLI. VW has made changes with brakes, suspension and interior, in order to come in at a lower price point. Let's face it, most people that will buy this car don't care about the cost cutting and won't notice. They mostly look at price , styling, interior space, safety and cup holders. Let's be happy with the fact that they are going to give us the GLI which hopefully adresses the issues that most seem to have with the model...
      Would be nice if they gave us a .R

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8t
      07-30-2010 07:28 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Pelican18TQA4 View Post
      As much as I dislike the rear drums, especially on the base model there is no need for anything more. A front wheel drive car does very little stopping from the back (ideally) and they do tend to last longer then discs. That said.. I'm waiting on the GLI.. the car itself looks great to me.. the more I see it the more I see the A4 lines in it (especially in the rear).. I think it has some real potential.. That said.. I love my MkIV and maybe I'll just keep it going.. 200,000 miles and still tickin.. (well.. actually fixed the ticking a while ago..) But, no engine work to date.. :knocking on wood:

31. 07-30-2010 11:37 PM #31
      If the brake bias is still more rear braking than front. Those drum shoes are going to need to be replaced just as much as the current disk setup. How many enthusiast know how to replace shoes? Don't even get me started on what happens to drums and shoes when they get wet after going through a big puddle of water. This seems like a price reduction plan that wasn't too well thought out IMO.

32. 07-30-2010 11:49 PM #32
      Looks like we are headed back to the Fast and the Furious days. http://1m1f.com/video/oW6Z8KI4w3I/Pi...e-Extreme.html

33. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta GLI & 2014 Jetta GLI Edition 30
      07-31-2010 02:44 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by racecrmike View Post
      Looks like we are headed back to the Fast and the Furious days. http://1m1f.com/video/oW6Z8KI4w3I/Pi...e-Extreme.html
      I thought that you were referring to the fact that the MkIII, as seen in the Fast and the Furious, has several striking similarities to the Jetta VI not seen since 1998... drum brakes, hard plastic interior, intruding trunk hinges, plastic pillar trim, 4 speaker stereo, black plastic rear view mirrors, etc...

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 B200 Turbo
      07-31-2010 03:03 AM #34
      I think most of the people on here would agree that quality-wise, compared to the mkiv, these pieces are lacking and are terrible looking.
      || drive green || eurodrivers.ca ||

35. 07-31-2010 03:05 AM #35

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast