So last night I had some time so I brought it in to check out the situation with my sunroof. The PO converted it to a power sunroof using an Audi motor. I have already had the sunroof apart to replace the seal in the spring, but until now I have waited to figure out what was done with the wiring. Wires have already been run from the fuse box up the A pillar to where the dome light is, I just need to make sense of it all.
Just to show what I'm dealing with, here are the wires coming out of the dome light area.
Now down by the fuse box, the red wires in the top middle are what have been run.
Should be fun! I did find another random wire running behind the radio and decided to check it out since I was already in a wiring type of mood. Removed the center console to find yet again another superb wiring job by the PO. I will say this though, at least the stock connectors for the radio are still in tact!
Here is what I started with.
After about 10 minutes I had it cleaned up to this.
As soon as I can I will be repairing the radio wiring. The actual harness is cut about 8 inches from the connectors and stripped about 1 inch from them. With a little time, heat shrink and solder it should be good as new. Then I can dive into the sunroof. I am hoping to get the wiring done before the weekend. Saturday I will be going to work (on my day off) to install the front wheel bearings, coilovers and perform an alignment. Till then