Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: swapping 9w3 with 9w2

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      05-05-2012 05:58 PM #71
      1st let me say awesome thread...this was a huge help. I haven't tinkered with car stereos for about 20 years. [insert old jokes here]

2nd...bump.

I'm still waiting on my 9w7 to arrive but I thought I'd get a headstart on the wiring. I have the RCD-510 in my CC. It took me about an hour, mainly because I wanted to be very sure which pins I was connecting.

But... I apparently am now the proud owner of an airbag service light!! What the S#!%?!?

Any help would be awesome. I'm guessing I poked around in the stereo housing a bit too aggressively. HELP!

Vehicles
      2013 Passat S
      05-14-2012 06:07 PM #72
      I think this happend to me once too... I forgot to plug the airbag light back in on the bottom side of the radio bezel.

Did you get this fixed yet?

3. 09-15-2012 12:51 AM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by MZOCC View Post
      1st let me say awesome thread...this was a huge help. I haven't tinkered with car stereos for about 20 years. [insert old jokes here]

2nd...bump.

I'm still waiting on my 9w7 to arrive but I thought I'd get a headstart on the wiring. I have the RCD-510 in my CC. It took me about an hour, mainly because I wanted to be very sure which pins I was connecting.

But... I apparently am now the proud owner of an airbag service light!! What the S#!%?!?

Any help would be awesome. I'm guessing I poked around in the stereo housing a bit too aggressively. HELP!
      I finally installed 9w7 on my cc but I'm in the same boat now ... stupid airbag service light ... did you manage to fix it?

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC
      06-03-2014 05:13 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by Supermerc View Post
      Just finished installing my new wire harness to give me stereo audio. Works like a charm and was really easy to do. Thanks to everyone here for helping with all of my questions and giving great information. Just to be clear on the RCD-510 stereo the pins are:
      BT Harness pin 4 -> Head Unit pin 11
      BT Harness pin 5 -> Head Unit pin 5

like is stated above, but I just wanted to clear up any confusion that anyone may have.

I just purchased a 9W2 from ebay with the harness. It looks like my harness has the wires connected as mentioned above. COuld that mean that I was sold a harness for the 9W7? If so, I'm guessing that it would work with the 9W2 and the RCD510 that I'm planning to use it with.

Thanks!

Vehicles
      2015 GTI 6MT Autobahn CSM
      06-04-2014 11:51 AM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by CC_Lover View Post
      I just purchased a 9W2 from ebay with the harness. It looks like my harness has the wires connected as mentioned above. COuld that mean that I was sold a harness for the 9W7? If so, I'm guessing that it would work with the 9W2 and the RCD510 that I'm planning to use it with.

Thanks!
      It means the harness has the wires for 9w2/9w7 that include stereo streaming. Only 9w3 harness does not have those wires and people switching from 9w3 to 9w2/9w7 need to add them.
      You should be good to go just using that harness if the wires are there.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC
      06-06-2014 11:45 PM #76
      Thank you. I'll give it a try after I plan out the rest of the install. Need to find out where to connect the can bus + and - wires. Also need to figure out a good technique for runs the mic cable up the pillar and get the mic in to position in the over head console.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123