Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: swapping 9w3 with 9w2

1. 09-14-2010 10:00 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by osoliman View Post
      I would like to thanks everyone who contributed to this thread, without it i would have never installed my 9w7 with stereo a2dp.

My car is a passat that came with a nokia rsap module with voice control and no Bluetooth streaming. I got. The 9w7 from eBay from carsystems.pl in Poland and it came with cable and mic.

I swapped my original module with the new module and my iPhone worked and streaming worked only in a single channel (right), i then with the help of this thread took out two wires from the cabe and routed them under the carpet from my rcd510 to the new BT module in the same pin locations as mentioned in the thread and it worked

One hint is to start on the radio route it on the passenger side to the carpet, remove the carpet from the front and one hand from the BT module cut out and another hand from under the removed carpet route the rest of the wires.

Everything works, voice control , BT streaming, phone function , phone book and recent calls synch. Only thing is my MFD has squares in place of the iPod and battery icons. I guess it is a firmware update that can solve this but it dosent bother me.

Again thank you all
      Congrats! I believe those squares, which I get as well, are due to us not having the premium MFD. dcdubbin has as thread here that shows his premium display with all the bells and whistles.

Vehicles
      Beetle RSI Golf VI Sportwagen
      09-15-2010 12:15 AM #52
      My 9w2 and rcd 510 cant comunicate via BT audio, I guess I need that mod to make my cables comunicate.

I would appreciate a how to with pics about this minor surgery (*crosses fingers)

Thanks for the info BTW.

(maybe Ill take the plunge and make the cables myself, but a nice how to would be great)
      My Beetle is a chick car and my wagon is a mom´s car. But I really don´t care about stereotypes.
      "Your Golf Sportwagen is not a true MK VI, its only a Mk V with a bolted on Golf front and MK VI electronics"
      At least I got IRS, proper gauges and interior and a decent Hood lift strut"

3. 09-15-2010 04:47 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by .KIX. View Post
      My 9w2 and rcd 510 cant comunicate via BT audio, I guess I need that mod to make my cables comunicate.

I would appreciate a how to with pics about this minor surgery (*crosses fingers)

Thanks for the info BTW.

(maybe Ill take the plunge and make the cables myself, but a nice how to would be great)
      Hi
      I have seen some other people in various forums with this same problem. The strange thing is my car came from factory with a BT rsap unit that worked and communicated with the RCD510. all i did was reuse the cable from the original unit and add two wires to that cable to enable the a2dp to work stereo and not mono.

Maybe you will need to get the full cable between your Bluetooth module and the rcd510, also I will try and get you vagcom coding of my radio unit to compare with yours.

The routing is really minor in this thread there is a link to remove the radio with pics and all you have to do is remove a s

4. 09-15-2010 04:53 AM #54
      Side panel from below the transmutation tunnel and pull out the carpet from the passenger foot well from the top to be able to tuck your arm under the carpet. I can try and upload some pics of the side panel screw location and pull the carpet for you

Hard to do a full guide as everything is installed in place and i am not so good with my hands to redo it all and lazy too

here is the coding for my RCD510
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Address 56: Radio (J0503) Labels: 5M0-035-1xx-56.clb
      Part No SW: 3C8 035 195 HW: 3C8 035 195
      Component: Radio RCD510 036 0130
      Revision: 00000001 Serial number: VWZ1Z3H3386480
      Coding: 0100040004
      Shop #: WSC 00028 028 00001
      VCID: E5CACA855509

No fault code found.

to remove panel unscew and pull down

[IMG][/IMG]

to remove carpet pull from top of footwell after removing panel
      [IMG][/IMG]

to get your other hand under the carpet lift the carpet hole next to the BT module up and insert your hand in

[IMG][/IMG]

with the Radio removed as per the link in the first page of this thread, and the panel removed and the carpet removed ( you will not remove it totally just slide it half way back towards the passenger seat), and using the hole in the carpet next to the Bluetooth module you are able to route wires and cables from the radio to the BT module.

as stated previously start from the radio cavity slide it down towards the open panel, tuck it under the carpet and pull it from the BT module hole with your other hand.

Good luck !
      Last edited by osoliman; 09-15-2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: adding Radio code for RCD510

5. 09-15-2010 04:57 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by dcjenkins View Post
      Congrats! I believe those squares, which I get as well, are due to us not having the premium MFD. dcdubbin has as thread here that shows his premium display with all the bells and whistles.
      I do believe I have a premium mfd, it's got all the bells and whistles , for example i can change the coming home lights from it and reset service counters and view audio info from my radio. Maybe a coding or firmware issue. . I stand corrected . I saw the thread and it seems that there is a newer MFD in the newer models.

At least the BT icon between squares is a symmetrical shape so i can live with it
      Last edited by osoliman; 09-15-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: correction

Vehicles
      Beetle RSI Golf VI Sportwagen
      09-15-2010 08:41 PM #56
      Thanks a lot Ill try to use Vag com to check my coding and after that Ill get to the wiring harness and check if I have all the cables. Since I work at an Apple Service center I have all the tools required for the surgery.

Thanks a lot for the pics, greatly appreciated.
      My Beetle is a chick car and my wagon is a mom´s car. But I really don´t care about stereotypes.
      "Your Golf Sportwagen is not a true MK VI, its only a Mk V with a bolted on Golf front and MK VI electronics"
      At least I got IRS, proper gauges and interior and a decent Hood lift strut"

7. 09-17-2010 07:07 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by .KIX. View Post
      Thanks a lot Ill try to use Vag com to check my coding and after that Ill get to the wiring harness and check if I have all the cables. Since I work at an Apple Service center I have all the tools required for the surgery.

Thanks a lot for the pics, greatly appreciated.
      Hello Kix,
      I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I dont want you to invest in the cables and be dissapointed.

I recently came across this site
      http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a...etooth-FAQ.htm

in there it says
      "When equipped with RCD 510 touchscreen radio 9w3 does not display the phone book over the radio display. You may see pictures of this because European units can do this. North American units cannot.
      "

Makes sense since my RCD510 is a european one and it always worked even with my old RSAP BT module.

what were VWoA thinking

if you need the Radio to work and dial I think you are better off investing in the RNS510.

Good Luck!

8. 10-12-2010 12:27 AM #58
      Hey everyone,

Sorry im not a CC guy, but Bud from checkered flag told me to check out the CC forums. I have a 2007 GTI with premium 7 stock HU. I recently purchased the Fiscon Basic Plus to enable Bluetooth calling and A2DP. Eventually I will want to get the RNS510(Reason I have the plus).

For now though my A2DP only streams music through the front speakers. I can't fade to rear, change balance or anything and the sound, well only front speakers and it sucks.

Wondering if this fix will work for my car as well. I KNOW I can stream A2DP or BT stereo because b4 I purchased the Fiscon BT kit, I had a Chinese replica RNS510, which streamed BT audio throughout the entire speakers with no problem. So it is possible with my phone. Im desperate because Fiscon is saying they wont refund without a 25% restocking fee.... and it cost me $554. Im speechless on their policy and lack of knowledge. When I called them, they had no clue that any cars were playing just front speakers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

9. 10-18-2010 04:24 PM #59
      I have an 09 Rabbit and installed a RCD-510, MDI, and 9W3. I thought I would get a phone display, which I have since learned I won't. I was thinking of getting the 9W2 to get BT Audio.

My Rabbit doesn't have an MFD. Does the 9W2 have any less features that aren't display related that I may miss from the 9W3? Or will I only gain BT Audio and not lose anything?

I saw the picture demonstrating how to tell if you will get stereo audio or not over BT, but my connector under the seat looks different. I don't have anywhere to post a picture so I will do my best to describe it.

There are two wire bundles going into a black connector with a white locking mechanism on it. This connector feeds into the 9W3 under my seat.

One bundle has a black and white cable, the other bundle has red, orange, yellow, blue, and brown.

I bought the system from Car Systems in Poland about a year ago if that helps someone know the cable I am talking about.

Will I get stereo audio or just mono?

10. 10-18-2010 11:29 PM #60
      Does any one here have the cable that came with the 9w7 and wants to sell it?

Vehicles
      2013 Passat S
      07-06-2011 05:16 PM #61
      I just called my local VW stealership and they said only 1 cable is in that pack for part # 000979010E .

Do I need to purchase 2 qty of these? The description in the pic above show "wire set" that makes me think that 2 cables come in the pack.

Anyone order this part yet? I don't want to get robbed by my local dealer as these list for 18bucks a pop.

12. 07-07-2011 01:47 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by gtinmiami View Post
      I just called my local VW stealership and they said only 1 cable is in that pack for part # 000979010E .

Do I need to purchase 2 qty of these? The description in the pic above show "wire set" that makes me think that 2 cables come in the pack.

Anyone order this part yet? I don't want to get robbed by my local dealer as these list for 18bucks a pop.
      gtinmiami, it's been almost a year since I did this project, but I'm 99.9% sure there were two wires in that pack. I bought them from the South Motors VW parts department. I don't recall them being only $18, though. So, it very well may be $18 each, at $36 total.

You'll need to cut and splice these wires onto longer wire of the same gauge.

I hope this helps. BTW, I've moved out of Miami after living there 10+ years -- I'm missing the crazy weather.

Vehicles
      2013 Passat S
      07-07-2011 08:36 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by dcjenkins View Post
      gtinmiami, it's been almost a year since I did this project, but I'm 99.9% sure there were two wires in that pack. I bought them from the South Motors VW parts department. I don't recall them being only $18, though. So, it very well may be $18 each, at $36 total.

You'll need to cut and splice these wires onto longer wire of the same gauge.

I hope this helps. BTW, I've moved out of Miami after living there 10+ years -- I'm missing the crazy weather.
      dcjenkins, thanks for the quick response. This makes me feel better about making the purchase. I found another local dealer that keeps more than 1 of these cables in stock and charges 15 bucks a piece.

This thread has been really helpful.

I will buy the cables and hopefully do this install within the next few weeks.

14. 08-18-2011 09:42 PM #64
      Bump out of self interest and general interest.
      2010 CC Sport Light Brown Metallic

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-Line
      08-19-2011 01:01 AM #65
      Vagpartsforsale.com
      OEM+ : Cup Holder, Turns, Piano Black Trim, Ambient Lighting, Dial Pad, RNS-315, F/R Footwell lighting, Door Warning Lights, Euro Switch, Asypherical Anti-Dazzle Mirrors, PIAA Lighting, 9W7, OEM RVC, Black Grill, Custom Painted Lip Spoiler, extra baggage hook! Performance : ///AWE CC Developmental Car: K04 w/GIAC H.O. File, Catback, DP, C|C|B Intake, TOP, S3 + Hose Kit, H&R Springs, Rotiform MIAS, Conti DWS 235/35/19, Pedal Kit, Boost Gauge!

16. 08-19-2011 11:54 AM #66
      Tried sending you a PM, but your box is full. Thanks for you help.

17. 08-19-2011 11:55 AM #67
      Also, do you know how strick VW is about this mod voiding the warranty? I only have 17k on my used CC so it's still covered under warranty and I would like to take it in for the free service while I can and in case something breaks.

Thanks again.

18. 08-22-2011 11:09 PM #68
      Just finished installing my new wire harness to give me stereo audio. Works like a charm and was really easy to do. Thanks to everyone here for helping with all of my questions and giving great information. Just to be clear on the RCD-510 stereo the pins are:
      BT Harness pin 4 -> Head Unit pin 11
      BT Harness pin 5 -> Head Unit pin 5

like is stated above, but I just wanted to clear up any confusion that anyone may have.

Vehicles
      2013 Passat S
      09-12-2011 09:07 AM #69
      Thank you all for posting all this info. I was able to get BT-Audio working in stereo mode over the weekend. I was a little hesitant to get started because it all sounds a bit overwhelming. But once I got started I realized it's not so bad at all.

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-Line
      09-12-2011 01:16 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by Supermerc View Post
      Also, do you know how strick VW is about this mod voiding the warranty? I only have 17k on my used CC so it's still covered under warranty and I would like to take it in for the free service while I can and in case something breaks.

Thanks again.
      They'd never know unless you told them most likely.
      OEM+ : Cup Holder, Turns, Piano Black Trim, Ambient Lighting, Dial Pad, RNS-315, F/R Footwell lighting, Door Warning Lights, Euro Switch, Asypherical Anti-Dazzle Mirrors, PIAA Lighting, 9W7, OEM RVC, Black Grill, Custom Painted Lip Spoiler, extra baggage hook! Performance : ///AWE CC Developmental Car: K04 w/GIAC H.O. File, Catback, DP, C|C|B Intake, TOP, S3 + Hose Kit, H&R Springs, Rotiform MIAS, Conti DWS 235/35/19, Pedal Kit, Boost Gauge!

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      05-05-2012 04:58 PM #71
      1st let me say awesome thread...this was a huge help. I haven't tinkered with car stereos for about 20 years. [insert old jokes here]

2nd...bump.

I'm still waiting on my 9w7 to arrive but I thought I'd get a headstart on the wiring. I have the RCD-510 in my CC. It took me about an hour, mainly because I wanted to be very sure which pins I was connecting.

But... I apparently am now the proud owner of an airbag service light!! What the S#!%?!?

Any help would be awesome. I'm guessing I poked around in the stereo housing a bit too aggressively. HELP!

Vehicles
      2013 Passat S
      05-14-2012 05:07 PM #72
      I think this happend to me once too... I forgot to plug the airbag light back in on the bottom side of the radio bezel.

Did you get this fixed yet?

23. 09-14-2012 11:51 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by MZOCC View Post
      1st let me say awesome thread...this was a huge help. I haven't tinkered with car stereos for about 20 years. [insert old jokes here]

2nd...bump.

I'm still waiting on my 9w7 to arrive but I thought I'd get a headstart on the wiring. I have the RCD-510 in my CC. It took me about an hour, mainly because I wanted to be very sure which pins I was connecting.

But... I apparently am now the proud owner of an airbag service light!! What the S#!%?!?

Any help would be awesome. I'm guessing I poked around in the stereo housing a bit too aggressively. HELP!
      I finally installed 9w7 on my cc but I'm in the same boat now ... stupid airbag service light ... did you manage to fix it?

24. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2009 VW CC
      06-03-2014 04:13 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by Supermerc View Post
      Just finished installing my new wire harness to give me stereo audio. Works like a charm and was really easy to do. Thanks to everyone here for helping with all of my questions and giving great information. Just to be clear on the RCD-510 stereo the pins are:
      BT Harness pin 4 -> Head Unit pin 11
      BT Harness pin 5 -> Head Unit pin 5

like is stated above, but I just wanted to clear up any confusion that anyone may have.

I just purchased a 9W2 from ebay with the harness. It looks like my harness has the wires connected as mentioned above. COuld that mean that I was sold a harness for the 9W7? If so, I'm guessing that it would work with the 9W2 and the RCD510 that I'm planning to use it with.

Thanks!

Vehicles
      2015 GTI 6MT
      06-04-2014 10:51 AM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by CC_Lover View Post
      I just purchased a 9W2 from ebay with the harness. It looks like my harness has the wires connected as mentioned above. COuld that mean that I was sold a harness for the 9W7? If so, I'm guessing that it would work with the 9W2 and the RCD510 that I'm planning to use it with.

Thanks!
      It means the harness has the wires for 9w2/9w7 that include stereo streaming. Only 9w3 harness does not have those wires and people switching from 9w3 to 9w2/9w7 need to add them.
      You should be good to go just using that harness if the wires are there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast