Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TNT Tint in Alexandria

Vehicles
      a van
      04-26-2012 08:47 AM #36
      Yeah, Matt's a cool dude, but he does charge a hefty premium. When I got my one window corrected the week after the install, we actually did the work at Designo Motoring (pretty sure they mod celeb cars, like Alex Ovechkin's), so maybe that's why he requests more $.

A lot of folks have been highly recommending LA Tint in Sterling for good quality work and materials. I will probably check them out for whatever car I have next.
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

Vehicles
      2014 R-line Tiguan
      04-26-2012 07:36 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by evosky View Post
      Yeah, Matt's a cool dude, but he does charge a hefty premium. When I got my one window corrected the week after the install, we actually did the work at Designo Motoring (pretty sure they mod celeb cars, like Alex Ovechkin's), so maybe that's why he requests more $.

A lot of folks have been highly recommending LA Tint in Sterling for good quality work and materials. I will probably check them out for whatever car I have next.
      Thanks, I'll check LA Tint out. I don't mind paying for good work, but I'm not bending over or it.

3. 04-28-2012 11:55 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
      I spoke to Matt yesterday. He quoted me $350 for a 2 door Golf R. $70 per window seems a bit steep. Any other N. VA recommendations?
      I have 2007 GTI and Matt did my car this January. He also charged me his SUV rate of $350, which I thought was BS. He doesn't sh*t on VW per se, but he doesn't like golfs/GTIs because of the rear window. The guy is a pro, no doubt, but the whole job is that rear window. It's shaped like a bowl damn near. I was there 5 hours, and he spent 3 on the rear window itself, busting his ass to get the film on there perfectly. I didn't like how it turned out, so he re-did it for no charge a week later. He burned another half day on it, but didn't argue with me or bitch about it at all. I still talk to him and he's offered to help me put some Di-noc on my bumper sill for free. People in DC won't hold a door open for you for free.

If I dropped $35k on a Golf R, I would definitely want it done right. I've had other cars tinted for cheaper in the past, and if I wasn't happy it was always my fault and I had to live with it. They would f*ck up my interior and tell me "that's how it was when you showed up". They would do a sh*tty job and tell me "the car was dirty." For $350 bucks, I would give TNT a try. He will make you happy, no matter how long it takes. If other people are charging less for our cars, it's bc they are taking short cuts or don't know how long it's going to take.

Vehicles
      2002 GTI 1.8T
      04-29-2012 04:56 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by GTItornado View Post
      Just got my white GLI tinted today, 35% all around. Looks real nice. I got it done at Underground Audio on Backlick Road in Springfield. My brother got his first GTI done there and it looked good too.

I do know that one of the guys that does the work there (not the Asian owner, apparently he doesn't know much about cars at all) is opening his own shop on Telegraph, so I'd probably take it there instead of here in the future, just because my brother knows the guy personally.

This place has been known to be really expensive (for audio), but compared to TNT Tint's price quote of $330, this was a good deal. Got it for $255 (Suntek film used).

Underground gets some pretty terrible reviews on google maps (mostly because their quotes were too high for audio work). But I had no problem with these guys. Dropped it at 12:30 and it was done at 3:30.

Here's the contact info for Underground Audio:
      7708 Backlick Road, Springfield, VA 22150 (703) 451-9031 ‎ undergroundaudio.biz

And here's the contact info for the place that one of the workers is going to be working at permanently real soon: I think it's new: Unique Audio, 7220 Telegraph Square drive, Suite J, Lorton, VA. uniqueaudiova.com 7033398032.

I have used these guys back in 2007 to get my two front windows done on my Chevy trailblazer. so far the tint looks good and I was very happy w the work. I think they charged me $90 for the two windows. At the same time they have build a box for 10" for me, the box is okay but the carpet is falling a part on me now. They have quoted me very high price for wheels and JL speaker which I ended up buying online. But for tint they were great. I will check the new place out, I need to tint my new Corrado 35% all around.

Vehicles
      2002 GTI 1.8T
      05-01-2012 09:35 PM #40
      So I went out and checked Unique Audio. A small shop but it's a start up place for them I guess. Very cool guys, gave me a quote to tint the corrado (with out seeing it) for $179 which a great price. once I will get it on the road I will take it there and post some pictures of the work.

6. 05-05-2012 03:59 AM #41
      +1 for Matt @ TNT. He tinted my CC back in late 2010 and did an outstanding job! My CC was the first he had done during cold weather and my auto windows [when opening/closing the doors] was messing up the bottom of the tint. He took extra time past business hours to steam the bottom of the windows to speed up the drying process. Very cool guy! Been meaning to go back there to get a strip done for my windshield.
      | Mark | 2011 CC R-Line DSG |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12