VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your .:R today?

1M views 13K replies 693 participants last post by  vwboy09 
#1 ·
Just noticed we don't have one of these.

Washed her before the rain came :thumbup:

See less See more
#177 ·
Tried to get her ready for a trade in for a Subie family truxster. Couldn't bring myself to do it.... again. One of these days practical will win, just not today.:banghead:
dont do it :thumbdown:

#194 ·
Just noticed we don't have one of these.

Washed her before the rain came :thumbup:

Sorry to quote pics........Yes I read the entire thread.. Just backwards..

I LOVE those wheels! Brand? Style?

#197 ·
today I am missing my car. called the body shop to see how progress is coming along. its been a week and all they have is some more bondo done apparently. its gonna be forever before I get my car back! I cant stand driving this dodge charger p.o.s. :banghead:

#212 ·
The hardest part about those damn paddles is being patient while you are trying not to break the clips that hold the pins into the paddles. Just apply pressure with one hand, and use a small flathead screwdriver to pry the plastic clips back one at a time. Would probably be really easy with 2 people. One pushing on the end of the pin while the other uses a screwdriver in each hand to pry both the clips at once. Well, not like I will have to ever do it again, thankfully lol. Having to shift used to be a pain with the original shifters, now I don't know how I lived without them. The S2T shifters are awesome:thumbup::thumbup: for a great product.

#216 ·
I used them a lot, but not all the time before I installed them because taking turns with the stock paddles and shifting is such a pain, but with these paddles you can always have a finger at least on the paddle. I would say come drive my R with them, but you are all the way in FL :( After I got them all regrets about not having a manual went out the window.

Got her washed and then went to a campsite and scraped along some really low hanging branches. Will see if there is any damage tomorrow, meh, what are ya gunna do? That's what happens when she is your DD I guess.

#221 ·
I didn't know that. I will have to see If I notice a real difference. The real reason I have grown so accustomed to the stick is like you said mid turn I could never find the paddle. It so happens that I got pulled over 4 times while making a left turn because I would be damn near into red line by the end of the turn.. and well that makes for a very loud R. Unfortunately the cops don't like this antic so I was greeted by them.

Each and every time "You know you're not suppose to modify your exhaust right" :sly: yes... Luckily I'm an innocent looking kid with a clean record :laugh: