Okay here is the next part of the Corrado's restoration. A collection of pictures that span the better part of 2008 and most of 2009. Last year was a scary year job wise and progress on the C slowed to a crawl. Most work was on the cleaning and refinishing of parts (body/interior/mechanical). There were a few compromises here and there. Old parts I wish I could have replaced, new parts I wish I could have gotten better, but in the long run waiting or saving up would have stretched the build deep into 2010 and 2011 and I just didn't want that much time dedicated to the project, especially with the possibility of a plant closing lurking around in the shadows. My target was my birthday, July 2010.
After gutting the donor car I realized what I had on my hands. A slightly dinged up C with an arrow straight body, only two small rust spots and a hand full of shallow dents, none of which broke the paint and were mostly "cosmetic". The stock paint was a tragedy however. Any clear coat on the upper surfaces (roof, hood, fenders) was gone. The color was gorgeous however in the places where the clear was still intact. So I decided I would have a go at prepping the body myself this time.