I liked your stance with the Keskins better. Sitting fender on lip is sex!
Car looks sick with those RS's tho
So this weekend I ripped all of the management out. Car sits, deflated in my garage. New management is built and beautified just waiting on install and running the power for the new compressors now.
I could post a pic, but that really wouldn't be any fun
Yeah things have changed allot since then.. new wheels, lower, big upgrades to my air management, new wheels, new front grill shield, euro lip, interior bits, software. yata yata.
Hopefully this coming season will be bigger and better. The car is in it's final stage now and I wont be changing up the wheels anymore (thank god) I'm going to be sure it sees more shows then last year
As for grundle's car.. He's had a rough winter on his fenders haha but rumor has it thats all getting fixed up and the car is seeing some changes soon
That back panel you can see is missing is already in the car with the mani's and ECU mounted on it. Only thing holding me back now is wiring. I'm going to run a solenoid block off the 0G wire off the battery to allow me to run more compressors
Also as for the lines... eventually going polished steel or gold plated.
Looking really good
NORCAL - Stoneridge MEET - 2011!! Don't miss out!!
Like the craftsmanship, looks very nice. But someone is going to have to explain something to me, cause i'm lost on it.
1. I can't stand the look of the cars slammed on the ground, that might just be me personally but it just doesn't seem logical, as in all the suspension mods on the car make it look like it has no shocks.
2. Why the wheels that are waay larger than the tires spread across it? I've never seen a manufacturer do that, and i know you'd get better performance out of a wheel/tire that is properly sized to the wheel it's mounted to.
3. If performance wasn't the goal, then why would an individual buy the performance oriented GTi over a base golf, rabbit, jetta, etc?
I can kinda get the whole "slammed looks good" and i think lowered looks good, and i know it's all personal opinion (i'm all for do as you wish) but the second and third items I am really curious about....Anyone care to enlighten me?
2. As for the tires.. having a "stretched" tire allows me to get lower by tucking area that would be filled with tire meat.
3. and as for the performance / question about GTI vs. rabbit. Our cars are not racecars. yup, GTI's GLI's even .:R's. In my opinion the GTI is just a nicer cars, seats, interior, Bumpers, which could all be replaced / upgraded if I purchased a rabbit but I wanted a GTI anyways.
Ben, absolutlely loving it. the white rs's are working so well with the theme. I've got to see the truck set-up in person, your raising the bar for the rest of us my friend!! big fan
Lol what a dumb.as.s
Your cars sick bro
Build Thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Thread-MK5-GTi
Not time for name calling esse. Anyway, thanks for the answers Ben. Like i had stated, i bought a VW back in 07, but was very new to the brand. Prior to that i had always dealt with american cars, and with the exception of a couple guys who had S-10's scraping asphalt, and on individual who was three wheelin in a regal i never had much exposure to bags, hydraulics, etc....It's interesting, just not my taste.
Keep enjoying your ride man, and keep on modding, and all the others do the same....
PS, i guess part of the reason i didn't understand number 2 is whenever folks wanted to lower their cars but run big ole wide wheels, they typically just tubbed the rear end to get the clearance needed to keep the tire and rims under the vehicle.
Last edited by flynavyj; 01-18-2011 at 11:00 PM.
no worries man. you have the right to ask and to have your own opinion just like I do. I mean you tell me whos being reasonable.. almost $30,000 new car on less than practical wheels and suspension that sits for the majority of it's time.. lol
you did the lines too right? how hard was that? I've been thinking about doing hard lines myself. Are you running 3 compressor's or adding more? still a 5g tank. man that's going to be nice. gonna fill up in like 20 seconds!!
well I was going to run 4 or 5.. but ran into issues with power. But upgraded to a 0g wire and solenoid to ditch the relays. I can now run up to 5.. we'll see what happens to end up in my trunk this season
As for the hardlines. Yeah did em myself.. took a little time to get used to it but in the end wasn't very hard
Last edited by pej; 01-19-2011 at 05:07 PM.