Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official 2010-2011 Denver Broncos

Vehicles
      GTI APR II+ DO Water/Meth Stage 2
      11-15-2011 10:42 AM #71
      sorry... 20 total
      9 this year

2. 11-16-2011 08:29 AM #72
      Steve Young is a huge defender of Tebow. He was also a lefty, with a really
      strange throwing motion, who could run, that everybody said wouldn't succeed
      or last and etc.

He's in the Hall of Fame.

Tebow is a rookie and totally different than the standard model, so there's
      bound to be criticism.

Anyway, this is a few games into his career. Right now, the Jets are coming to
      town and they will be highly motivated having just lost to New England. One
      loss or bad game and all of the boo birds will be back out in force.

Should be a great game!

Vehicles
      11-16-2011 09:08 AM #73
      I cannot wait for this Jets game!

11-17-2011 12:20 PM #74
      Good job reviving this thread!

I'm excited for the game tonight. Quitting time keeps getting earlier as the game gets closer . I think Denver wins by 7. Denver's rush is absolutely amazing right now, the Jets are coming off of a short week, and finally Denver should have won the game last year if it wasn't for a petty PI call. I think enough Broncos remember the game from last year.

I also love that we’re running a run option right now. I think this style of play will only help the broncos as they get back to championship form. It allows the broncos to work on their two biggest areas of need, rushing and defense. This will only help the team regardless of who the QB is next year.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 R32-1997 D90- 05 1500 Hemi
      11-17-2011 04:28 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Good job reviving this thread!

I'm excited for the game tonight. Quitting time keeps getting earlier as the game gets closer . I think Denver wins by 7. Denver's rush is absolutely amazing right now, the Jets are coming off of a short week, and finally Denver should have won the game last year if it wasn't for a petty PI call. I think enough Broncos remember the game from last year.

I also love that we’re running a run option right now. I think this style of play will only help the broncos as they get back to championship form. It allows the broncos to work on their two biggest areas of need, rushing and defense. This will only help the team regardless of who the QB is next year.
      The option like the wild cat offense has a shelf life and doesnt work in the NFL over long periods of time. You cant trick good defenses for very long.

Being one dimensional is a bad thing.

The Key is to keep the game close and get ahead. If they get behind 2 td against a the Jets will Tebow be able to play catch up against Revis ect?

Cant wait for the game.

11-17-2011 05:03 PM #76
      I never said it was a sustainable offense, only time can tell us that. What I said is that I love that we're running it right now. I think it allows the team to work on two glaring areas of need. Specifically run blocking and playing an aggressive style of defense. I believe these two things can translate to any offensive or defensive scheme. Plus we get to win a few games along the way which makes me happy as a fan.

For what it's worth I think we try to trade Tebow beofre the draft, then we draft a QB to replace him.

Leaving for the game in a 30 mins, Go Broncos!
      Last edited by SivNiz; 11-17-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      11-17-2011 09:53 PM #77
      I can't believe the Broncos beat the Jets!
      Last edited by GeoffD; 11-17-2011 at 11:40 PM.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      11-18-2011 08:17 AM #78
      Leaving for the game in a 30 mins, Go Broncos!
      well you went to a good one. congrats

9. Member
      Vehicles
      11-18-2011 08:20 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      I can't believe the Broncos ended the Jets season
      Fixed lol.

Cant wait till 12/11 [Bears fan]

10. 11-18-2011 08:23 AM #80
      Interestingly, they didn't run the read option too many times this game at all.

It was the most unimaginative game plan I've seen in a long time; meaning,
      they didn't adjust much at all. I kept wondering why they didn't run Tebow,
      and I was yelling at the TV wondering when on earth they'd go to the play-action.

Coach Fox must be going crazy. He's going to have a heart-attack I'm sure.

The defense played balls out but Sanchez and the Jets offense looked horrible.

So, 5-5 and there's time to rest and prepare for the Chargers. I don't know
      if we can catch Oakland as Palmer is very very good.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-18-2011 10:48 AM #81
      I don't contribute much to this thread, but when I do, it's a hot blonde tebowing.

Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      11-18-2011 11:05 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      I don't contribute much to this thread, but when I do, it's a hot blonde tebowing.

win!!!

11-18-2011 12:25 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      And we're all thankful for this.

What a way to end the game! The feel at the game during the last drive was electric. One of the most memorable sports experiences I've ever witnessed. I shutter to think how dominant Tebow could be if he improved his accuracy a bit.

Our defense has really turned it on the last few games. Von Miller is on pace to break the rookie sack record and get defensive rookie of the year. Doom is hitting his stride. Even Goodman stepped up with his pick six. I really hope we keep Denis Allen around for a long time. I love what he's been able to do with the defense so far.

Here's to the rest of the AFC west losing this weekend. Go Broncos!

14. 11-21-2011 09:13 AM #84
      As I feared, Oakland won, so we're two games back.

I'm not too worried about Tebow's passing. One of these days, he'll have a breakout
      game.

11-21-2011 04:05 PM #85

Vehicles
      11-21-2011 04:35 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by adoniram7 View Post
      As I feared, Oakland won, so we're two games back.

I'm not too worried about Tebow's passing. One of these days, he'll have a breakout
      game.
      Vikings had a chance until Peterson got hurt.

11-21-2011 06:49 PM #87
      We're only one game back. We split with the faids.

18. 11-22-2011 10:51 AM #88
      We travel to San Diego next. TOUGH game against a team that has its back against
      the wall.

Then we travel to Minnesota. TOUGH game to play in the Dome.
      (When's the last time we played the vikings? Seems like forever)

Then we host Chicago. TOUGH defense, but Cutler will probably still be out.

THEN we host New England. ACK!

So, we have our work cut out for us. If we go 2-2 during this period I think that's pretty good.

Then we travel to Buffalo. They're not playing well mostly due to injuries, but still.

We end the season hosting Kansas City, which is winnable.

So, it 8-8 sufficient to get into the playoffs?

Oakland hosts Chicago, travels to Miami, then to Green Bay, hosts Detroit, travels to KC, hosts San Diego.

We need to make up that one game on them somehow!

11-22-2011 05:17 PM #89
      Broncos waive Kyle Orton. I'm not sure what to say about this other than it makes for some interesting story lines if he gets picked up.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      11-22-2011 10:16 PM #90
      Then we host Chicago. TOUGH defense, but Cutler will probably still be out.
      !
      As a Bears fan I cant say what will happen on the offensive side of the ball with Cutler out, but Forte is still one of the best back in football.

What I CAN say is Peppers, Urlacher, and Briggs are going to be all over Tebow unless they mix in some more passes.

Defense keeps the game close, and a couple kicks to Hester should get the Bears a win

Also IMO Elway is an arse. The media hatred of Tebow is making me a big fan of his lol.

Aside from that Chicago game I would love to see Denver win out and make the playoffs

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-22-2011 10:46 PM #91
      Broncos waive Kyle Orton. I'm not sure what to say about this other than it makes for some interesting story lines if he gets picked up.
      Yeah, I was just watching a Chicago news station and they were talking about picking up Orton to replace Cutler for the season.
      Flickr

22. 11-23-2011 10:34 AM #92
      Yeah, Orton goes to Chicago, then we play them. Not good.

I'm not too worried about what the coaches are saying about Tebow.
      They're right: he needs to improve. They can't just tell him "you're our
      man" and be on the bandwagon. They need to keep pressure on him
      to improve. This team can't get away with playing like crap for most
      of the game and then pull it out at the end all of the time.

It's the media that reads into this more than is necessary.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      11-23-2011 01:47 PM #93
      Yeah, Orton goes to Chicago, then we play them. Not good.

I'm not too worried about what the coaches are saying about Tebow.
      They're right: he needs to improve. They can't just tell him "you're our
      man" and be on the bandwagon. They need to keep pressure on him
      to improve. This team can't get away with playing like crap for most
      of the game and then pull it out at the end all of the time.

It's the media that reads into this more than is necessary.
      The media isnt really reading into anything. Its Elway basically saying he doesnt want Tebow.

And it doesnt matter what he tells Tebow. He should tell Tebow that he needs to get better or work harder what ever the case may be.

But publicly its probably better to say "He is our guy" rather then put more pressure on him. saying he isnt the QB of the futur for us.

24. 11-23-2011 01:58 PM #94
      AFAIK, from what I've read, Elway only has said things like we need to get better
      on third down.

You take a rookie who is currently missing wide open players, plus Elway, who
      has high expectations for the team, and yeah, Elway isn't going to flat-out
      endorse the kid. And I wouldn't either if I was him. Elway is the executive
      in the suite now, NOT the head coach.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      11-23-2011 02:55 PM #95
      AFAIK, from what I've read, Elway only has said things like we need to get better
      on third down.

You take a rookie who is currently missing wide open players, plus Elway, who
      has high expectations for the team, and yeah, Elway isn't going to flat-out
      endorse the kid. And I wouldn't either if I was him. Elway is the executive
      in the suite now, NOT the head coach.
      Elway was asked if Tebow has shown anything to to lead him to believe Tebow MIGHT be the QB of the future. Elway flat out said no.

Something like "right now he is our guy, and we keep winning so hopefully we he can build on that" would be far more appropriate.

Again Tebow doesnt have to be the QB of the future but essentially telling the world he isnt your guy, diminishes his trade value as well as puts added pressure on Tebow.

What does he gain by telling the media that he isnt the QB of the futur?

And no Elway isnt the coach, he is a former QB, best player in Denver history?? AKA his word probably carries more weight then the head coach in the eyes of Tebow and the fans.

26. 11-28-2011 08:01 AM #96
      Being an executive myself, maybe I understand the mindset better.

That said, another ugly W. Tebow's passing percentage is slowly coming up.
      Doesn't turn the ball over. And the defense still playing lights out.

Next we travel to Minnesota. Another tough game, but winnable.

Vehicles
      11-28-2011 09:37 AM #97
      Being an executive myself, maybe I understand the mindset better.

That said, another ugly W. Tebow's passing percentage is slowly coming up.
      Doesn't turn the ball over. And the defense still playing lights out.

Next we travel to Minnesota. Another tough game, but winnable.
      Not to split hairs here but you being an "executive" at some, relatively small, company isn't even close to being a executive or owner of an NFL franchise. I'm sorry but that's like comparing a Tiburon to a GT3 in the sense that they're both sport cars.

But back on topic. Tebow is getting the job done as a QB. Is he making huge plays like typical star QB's? No. But his teammates are playing better because of him and he's leading them to wins. Elway would be a fool to replace him but you can tell he's not crazy about Tebow. Probably because he's not this bomb it out, blow them out guy like he was. But who cares. His 5-1 record stands alone.

11-28-2011 10:40 AM #98
      I'm just going to leave this here

29. 11-28-2011 12:27 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by eatonrabbit. View Post
      Not to split hairs here but you being an "executive" at some, relatively small, company isn't even close to being a executive or owner of an NFL franchise. I'm sorry but that's like comparing a Tiburon to a GT3 in the sense that they're both sport cars.

But back on topic. Tebow is getting the job done as a QB. Is he making huge plays like typical star QB's? No. But his teammates are playing better because of him and he's leading them to wins. Elway would be a fool to replace him but you can tell he's not crazy about Tebow. Probably because he's not this bomb it out, blow them out guy like he was. But who cares. His 5-1 record stands alone.
      I don't think you're getting my point, so I'll attempt this one more time.
      At Elway's level, he isn't nearly as close to the QB. He must make hiring/firing/
      contract decisions at the highest level. It's a more removed situation.
      People work *for* him. Tebow has to prove things to the franchise.
      At the time, two games ago now, Tebow hadn't answered questions, and
      Elway was totally right to say "No, he isn't." Which doesn't mean he can't
      be in the future if he works his butt off, as he has, and achieves more wins.

Have you ever been in that kind of role?

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      11-28-2011 01:02 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by eatonrabbit. View Post

I agree with Elway. Unless Tebow gets a lot better, he's not the answer. The question is whether Tebow can get coached up to be at least an average NFL passer.

31. Member
      11-28-2011 01:19 PM #101
      Tebow should learn to throw right handed

32. 11-28-2011 03:04 PM #102
      Actually, he's already an average passer, according to his latest QB rating.
      That he doesn't pile on the yardage is true, but then, he never turns the
      ball over.

I don't think you'll see John Fox go to a pass-heavy offense any time soon,
      so Tebow's growth as a passer will continue to be slow, but steady.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      11-29-2011 12:11 PM #103
      So...someone made this.

Flickr

34. 12-05-2011 08:26 AM #105
      Well, that was the breakout game in the passing. Nice adjustment by the coaches!
      I can't believe how well Minnesota threw on us, and that has me really worried.

We host Chicago next. Should be favored to win that. Then we host New England,
      but then, one game at a time!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast