Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 66 of 247 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 6152

    Thread: What did you do to your B6 Passat today????

    1. Member SDbirdman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 20th, 2011
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      1,236
      Vehicles
      2010 Candy White Passat 2.0 TSI
      02-13-2012 07:27 PM #1626
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
      Done so far:
      K04 & RS4 installed
      Intake valves cleaned.
      BFI Stage 2 engine & tranny mounts in.
      Forge WINtake w/ Rev D dv set as BOV in and looking good.

      All buttoned up w/o Neuspeed CF engine cover:


      BOV set-up:


      Test fit with engine cover.(Need to trim to accommodate oil catch can hoses):


      Test drove, but didn`t really get to open her up as roads were full of salt, engine wasn`t fully warmed up, and boost is turned down a lot to break turbo in for about 500 miles. I`m currently pushing 12 PSI, and can tell a difference. The sound with bigger turbo and WINtake is amazing. My BOV setup sounds awesome. Will take some videos maybe next week once the roads are clear and do some logs.

      Drooling on my keyboard

      Unitronic Stage 2+ -- K04 turbo w/Unitronic DV Relocation -- 42DD 3" catless downpipe -- APR Intercooler -- Unitronic Intake -- BSH Throttle Pipe -- AWE Outlet Pipe -- Votex front lip -- HiDef side skirts -- painted rear valence -- mkvi wheel w/DSG paddles -- R-Line Pedals -- TRS HID headlights & projector fogs -- Euro side markers -- Interior & licence plate LEDs -- Skyline Euro Tail Lights -- Podi gauge and pod kit -- GFB DV+

    2. Member Aleremb1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2010
      Location
      Sao Paulo/Brazil
      Posts
      1,081
      Vehicles
      2014 GTI MK7 carbon / 2007 B6 Passat Variant Highline 2.0 T FSI(sold)
      02-13-2012 07:38 PM #1627
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
      Done so far:
      K04 & RS4 installed
      Intake valves cleaned.
      BFI Stage 2 engine & tranny mounts in.
      Forge WINtake w/ Rev D dv set as BOV in and looking good.
      All buttoned up w/o Neuspeed CF engine cover:
      BOV set-up:
      Test fit with engine cover.(Need to trim to accommodate oil catch can hoses):
      Test drove, but didn`t really get to open her up as roads were full of salt, engine wasn`t fully warmed up, and boost is turned down a lot to break turbo in for about 500 miles. I`m currently pushing 12 PSI, and can tell a difference. The sound with bigger turbo and WINtake is amazing. My BOV setup sounds awesome. Will take some videos maybe next week once the roads are clear and do some logs.
      Looks awesome. Nice work. Tell us more

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2011
      Location
      Hawkeye Country, IOWA
      Posts
      428
      Vehicles
      2007 Passat 3.6 4motion
      02-13-2012 07:42 PM #1628
      Installed 4" exhaust tips and did a resonator delete on my 3.6 4mo!!! Got about 3" of snow today and by the time the car was done it was dark. I will post pics and a video of the exhaust note sometime this week!!! I love the results! Exhaust sounds great!! Glad I went with the 4". I really debated going smaller, but they fill the openings perfectly!!

      Sorry for the crappy pics and weather! I will get better ones tomorrow. This is at the shop when I picked it up.

      Last edited by thekmish; 02-13-2012 at 09:10 PM.

    4. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 4th, 2012
      Location
      Scotland, UK
      Posts
      43
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat B6 2.0 TDI 140 Sport Wagon
      02-13-2012 07:55 PM #1629
      Get some videos of the car accelerating under load. Always prefer the sound the exhaust really makes.

      Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2011
      Location
      Hawkeye Country, IOWA
      Posts
      428
      Vehicles
      2007 Passat 3.6 4motion
      02-13-2012 08:01 PM #1630
      I'll get a WOT from a start. Half from start. And a drive by.

    6. Member SickTRed08FSI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2011
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      2,481
      Vehicles
      08 Passat 2.0T, 11 Volvo XC60 R Design
      02-13-2012 08:38 PM #1631
      Quote Originally Posted by Aleremb1 View Post
      Looks awesome. Nice work. Tell us more
      Ok....

      Painted votex pieces are almost done. And im currently contacting Level 10 about valve body upgrade. I would like to have it done ASAP so that I can add meth injection to my setup. I said **** it, im going all out and gonna show what this thing can do.....
      #fukur2cnts
      Detail Johnny - Serving the Greater Syracuse area

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2008
      Location
      LA
      Posts
      128
      Vehicles
      2002 Jetta 1.8T, 2006 Passat 2.0T, 2012 Golf R
      02-13-2012 08:52 PM #1632
      Got my diverter valve replaced with the OEM rev D. Acceleration is improved!

      There was a hole in the diaphragm of my old one.

    8. n00b
      Join Date
      Nov 11th, 2011
      Location
      Albuquerque, NM
      Posts
      7
      Vehicles
      06 Passat
      02-13-2012 09:47 PM #1633
      Haha, I came here to post the same thing, virad. I got 20mpg on my last two tanks of fuel because of the hole in mine. It's nice to have more than 7 psi of boost again...

    9. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      12,932
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      02-13-2012 10:58 PM #1634
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
      Done so far:
      K04 & RS4 installed
      Intake valves cleaned.
      BFI Stage 2 engine & tranny mounts in.
      Forge WINtake w/ Rev D dv set as BOV in and looking good.



      BOV set-up:
      your BOV setup doesn't look right. It's basically useless, and you put your K04 at risk for damage (when the shaft breaks)

      it looks like you do not have any of the piping that sees boost connecting to the DV/spacer.
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

    10. Member SickTRed08FSI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2011
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      2,481
      Vehicles
      08 Passat 2.0T, 11 Volvo XC60 R Design
      02-14-2012 12:14 AM #1635
      Its setup right. Maybe its the picture.
      #fukur2cnts
      Detail Johnny - Serving the Greater Syracuse area

    11. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      12,932
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      02-14-2012 12:23 AM #1636
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
      Its setup right. Maybe its the picture.
      ...so there is the pipe running from the throttle body to the adapter? All I see is a aluminum blockoff plug.

      P.S. Level 10 is practically around the corner from my house....
      Last edited by BsickPassat; 02-14-2012 at 12:26 AM.
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

    12. Member SickTRed08FSI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2011
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      2,481
      Vehicles
      08 Passat 2.0T, 11 Volvo XC60 R Design
      02-14-2012 01:10 AM #1637
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      ...so there is the pipe running from the throttle body to the adapter? All I see is a aluminum blockoff plug.

      P.S. Level 10 is practically around the corner from my house....

      Why does there have to be pipe from dv to tb??
      #fukur2cnts
      Detail Johnny - Serving the Greater Syracuse area

    13. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      12,932
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      02-14-2012 01:27 AM #1638
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
      Why does there have to be pipe from dv to tb??
      Why?

      When the throttle body closes a nice session of boost, the air has to go somewhere, so it bounces back and travels back through the compressor wheel, causing to spin backwards, which induces a lot a stress on the turbo shaft, which can (and will) cause it to snap.

      on the stock K03, the compressor outlet has a path which reroutes it back to the compressor inlet path via the DV.

      on the stock K04, since there is no place for a DV like the K03... the S3/Golf R, has a path right by the throttle body (see pic in your thread in the 2.0T forum) that routes back to the turbo inlet pipe. --- you are missing this crucial path.

      P.S. APR's K04 kit has a modified compressor housing have the DV work like the K03
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

    14. Member SickTRed08FSI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2011
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      2,481
      Vehicles
      08 Passat 2.0T, 11 Volvo XC60 R Design
      02-14-2012 01:45 AM #1639
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      Why?

      When the throttle body closes a nice session of boost, the air has to go somewhere, so it bounces back and travels back through the compressor wheel, causing to spin backwards, which induces a lot a stress on the turbo shaft, which can (and will) cause it to snap.

      on the stock K03, the compressor outlet has a path which reroutes it back to the compressor inlet path via the DV.

      on the stock K04, since there is no place for a DV like the K03... the S3/Golf R, has a path right by the throttle body (see pic in your thread in the 2.0T forum) that routes back to the turbo inlet pipe. --- you are missing this crucial path.

      P.S. APR's K04 kit has a modified compressor housing have the DV work like the K03
      So youre saying I cant run a BOV with k04??
      #fukur2cnts
      Detail Johnny - Serving the Greater Syracuse area

    15. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      12,932
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      02-14-2012 02:01 AM #1640
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
      So youre saying I cant run a BOV with k04??
      no.

      I am saying with your current setup, don't be suprised when your turbo prematurely blows up due to you not having a DV or BOV set up correctly.
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

    16. Member SDbirdman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 20th, 2011
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      1,236
      Vehicles
      2010 Candy White Passat 2.0 TSI
      02-14-2012 02:09 AM #1641
      What makes this a bov. It looks like a relocated Dv with a forge spacer. Am I missing something. Does this setup vent the leftover boost into the atmosphere?

      Unitronic Stage 2+ -- K04 turbo w/Unitronic DV Relocation -- 42DD 3" catless downpipe -- APR Intercooler -- Unitronic Intake -- BSH Throttle Pipe -- AWE Outlet Pipe -- Votex front lip -- HiDef side skirts -- painted rear valence -- mkvi wheel w/DSG paddles -- R-Line Pedals -- TRS HID headlights & projector fogs -- Euro side markers -- Interior & licence plate LEDs -- Skyline Euro Tail Lights -- Podi gauge and pod kit -- GFB DV+

    17. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      12,932
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      02-14-2012 02:22 AM #1642
      Quote Originally Posted by SDbirdman View Post
      What makes this a bov. It looks like a relocated Dv with a forge spacer. Am I missing something. Does this setup vent the leftover boost into the atmosphere?
      Normally, the forge spacer turns the DV into a BOV

      this setup is a ticking time bomb for the turbo failure.

      (hate to sound so harsh)

      because it does not allow "leftover boost" get recirculated or blown in the the atmosphere.... the leftover boost will pulse right back to the turbo compressor wheel... the way it came from
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

    18. Member SickTRed08FSI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2011
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      2,481
      Vehicles
      08 Passat 2.0T, 11 Volvo XC60 R Design
      02-14-2012 10:05 AM #1643
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      Normally, the forge spacer turns the DV into a BOV

      this setup is a ticking time bomb for the turbo failure.

      (hate to sound so harsh)

      because it does not allow "leftover boost" get recirculated or blown in the the atmosphere.... the leftover boost will pulse right back to the turbo compressor wheel... the way it came from
      So should I just take the spacer off?
      #fukur2cnts
      Detail Johnny - Serving the Greater Syracuse area

    19. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      12,932
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      02-14-2012 10:15 AM #1644
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
      So should I just take the spacer off?
      no. The issue is not the spacer.

      Get your car towed to a reputable shop that is familiar with the engine and how a dv relocation works and have them fabricate a pipe that goes from the BSH TB pipe you have (which has a bung for the noise maker) to the DV housing.

      I'll repeat... get the car towed.

      hate to see you blow $$$$ on a K04 what did not have the proper install of the DV/Spacer/BOV.

      do you want to know what can happen can a turbo catasphrofically fails?
      Last edited by BsickPassat; 02-14-2012 at 10:18 AM.
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

    20. Member SickTRed08FSI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2011
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      2,481
      Vehicles
      08 Passat 2.0T, 11 Volvo XC60 R Design
      02-14-2012 10:24 AM #1645
      Will look into this further. The guy that helped me is Euro car specialist.
      #fukur2cnts
      Detail Johnny - Serving the Greater Syracuse area

    21. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      12,932
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      02-14-2012 10:29 AM #1646
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
      Will look into this further. The guy that helped me is Euro car specialist.
      that is sort of scary to me. But good luck!
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

    22. Member lupob6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 19th, 2011
      Location
      Central New Jersey
      Posts
      764
      Vehicles
      2007/Passat/2.0t fsi/6mt
      02-14-2012 10:41 AM #1647
      Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post

      BOV set-up:


      .
      I might not be seeing this right but it looks that your dv is doing nothing because it's electronic and there are no wires connected to solinoid
      2007 Passat B6/ 2.0t FSI/ Deep Black Pearl/Neuspeed P-Flow/Resonator delete/ ECS Dogbone insert/ Forge DV

    23. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      12,932
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      02-14-2012 10:48 AM #1648
      Quote Originally Posted by lupob6 View Post
      I might not be seeing this right but it looks that your dv is doing nothing because it's electronic and there are no wires connected to solinoid
      it's connected electrically. You can see the connector tab on the DV housing
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

    24. Member Bill6211789's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 11th, 2009
      Location
      Clifton Park, NY
      Posts
      5,343
      Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      02-14-2012 11:34 AM #1649
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      that is sort of scary to me. But good luck!
      I agree w/ Bsick

      There is no line connecting to your DV housing tht will have boost going to it.

      the line that has the plug in the bottom of it is suppose to connect to the throttle body. RIGHT NOW YOUR CAR WILL NOT RELEASE BOOST. The DV will open and close but it will have nothing to release
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

    25. Member SDbirdman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 20th, 2011
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      1,236
      Vehicles
      2010 Candy White Passat 2.0 TSI
      02-14-2012 11:36 AM #1650
      This needs it's own thread. In the 2.0t fsi engine section. I'd follow the **** out of it.

      Unitronic Stage 2+ -- K04 turbo w/Unitronic DV Relocation -- 42DD 3" catless downpipe -- APR Intercooler -- Unitronic Intake -- BSH Throttle Pipe -- AWE Outlet Pipe -- Votex front lip -- HiDef side skirts -- painted rear valence -- mkvi wheel w/DSG paddles -- R-Line Pedals -- TRS HID headlights & projector fogs -- Euro side markers -- Interior & licence plate LEDs -- Skyline Euro Tail Lights -- Podi gauge and pod kit -- GFB DV+

    Page 66 of 247 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •