Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Results 421 to 455 of 2259

    Thread: Girls with Dubs?

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2010
      Posts
      376
      Vehicles
      Golf TDI
      01-11-2011 11:21 AM #421
      haha mine will always be better than yours

    2. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      01-11-2011 12:01 PM #422
      wow i liked this thread at first and now its just ... no one posts anything they are doing.. its all just bs talk... vortex is becoming a lost cause it seems... its been reduced to painters tape, rusted hoods and cars so low that you cant really drive them. hummmm... maybe im just gettin old.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2010
      Posts
      376
      Vehicles
      Golf TDI
      01-11-2011 01:01 PM #423
      I'm pretty new to vortex, but it seems like you're right on the money... most of the cool builds seemed to happen before the economy turned south... it doesn't look like people are really doing much these days and I have a feeling that's why :-/

    4. Member dangerkart's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2010
      Location
      vancouver, wa
      Posts
      3,462
      Vehicles
      Diesels. Lots of diesels.
      01-11-2011 01:05 PM #424
      Quote Originally Posted by JKHTDI View Post
      I'm pretty new to vortex, but it seems like you're right on the money... most of the cool builds seemed to happen before the economy turned south... it doesn't look like people are really doing much these days and I have a feeling that's why :-/
      It's because most of the people doing the builds aren't posting them as much. I know plenty of people doing awesome builds and not saying much on here. Also, the majority of the forum is 16 year olds with their first mkiv's, not putting a lot of hope in them personally.

    5. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      01-11-2011 01:25 PM #425
      you both are 100% right...

    6. 01-11-2011 01:58 PM #426
      Once I start the motor build on my GTI I won't be posting a "build thread". There's just far too much "lower it." and other comments but no real constructive criticism or pertinent thoughts posted in threads. It's just pointless , really.

      /rant.

    7. 01-11-2011 02:30 PM #427
      I agree with the last few posts. It seems the economy has really taken its toll on project and second/weekend cars. All I've seen for sale locally are pristine cars owned for 10+ years by the same person who's struggling for cash and has to sell their toy or rolling shells/half finished projects that no one can afford to work on. Well that and riced out mk4's

      The girlfriend and I each have a mk5 jetta. They're each of our first cars and we love them! I grew up in a family of all girls with a very "traditional" father so everything I know about my car I'm learning as I go. My mom also drives a passat so we're one big family of vw girls! Dying to get a rabbit and hopefully fix it up for the little brother (my gf's not mine lol) who just moved up here for school. He's got a mk5 at home but her parents wont let him have it. Come to think of it...there's alot of VW in my family

      I'm no photographer...




      Mine's the white one, hers is the blue.

    8. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      01-11-2011 03:15 PM #428
      ha ha yes the lower it comment is perhaps my fav. lets buy some cheap sh!tty coilovers so i can bounce around and distroy my oil pan. instead of buying decent coilovers, set to a resonable hight, ment for better handling....

    9. Member vastxpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      610 PA
      Posts
      4,406
      Vehicles
      2 Jettas
      01-11-2011 07:23 PM #429
      Quote Originally Posted by my1stgolf View Post
      ha ha yes the lower it comment is perhaps my fav. lets buy some cheap sh!tty coilovers so i can bounce around and distroy my oil pan. instead of buying decent coilovers, set to a resonable hight, ment for better handling....
      Or you could buy quality coils, slam it, and learn to avoid hitting pot holes.. I daily my vr mk2 with the pan inches from the ground, on KW's with zero destroyed pans. It's all about the driver.

      Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2007
      Location
      the Hill, PA
      Posts
      4,807
      Vehicles
      Doris 04 tdi, boris 79, wascal e. wabbit 84, beatrice 90, racecar 80, 84GTIx3. creme dream 81
      01-11-2011 07:44 PM #430
      Quote Originally Posted by my1stgolf View Post
      does anyone on here appreciate the old school? or am i alone in my mk1 & 2 world
      I'd marry a girl with a beatup mk1 before I date a girl w/ a shiny mk4+

      but only if she shares the garage, and brings her own tools.
      Quote Originally Posted by Deutschbag
      .....remind me not to IM anyone about anything important past 8pm on a Friday night.

      M.C.M.S. #1
      Dead Rabbit Society: cultured 'n isht.

    11. Member dangerkart's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2010
      Location
      vancouver, wa
      Posts
      3,462
      Vehicles
      Diesels. Lots of diesels.
      01-11-2011 08:35 PM #431
      Quote Originally Posted by vastxpunk View Post
      Or you could buy quality coils, slam it, and learn to avoid hitting pot holes.. I daily my vr mk2 with the pan inches from the ground, on KW's with zero destroyed pans. It's all about the driver.

      Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
      kw's were awful. better than rokkor's or something but still not the best. that's what was on the s4 and not that any oil pans were destroyed but i've driven better handling coils by far.

    12. Member kerensuissa's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 18th, 2010
      Location
      Philllly, PA
      Posts
      1,205
      Vehicles
      2004 1.8t Jetta
      01-11-2011 09:47 PM #432
      Quote Originally Posted by tSoG-84bit View Post
      I'd marry a girl with a beatup mk1 before I date a girl w/ a shiny mk4+

      but only if she shares the garage, and brings her own tools.
      someone take me out of my mk4 misery! i need to move to the mk1 side.
      Build.
      Chick car
      Instagram @kerensuissa

    13. Junior Member 2000mk4gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      Charlottesville,Virginia
      Posts
      52
      Vehicles
      2000/VW/GTI
      01-12-2011 04:52 AM #433
      Quote Originally Posted by papa_vw View Post
      I agree with that comment. And I absolutely hate the term "dubber". It sounds like some punk kid with a beat up watercooled Volkswagen who has little or no appreciation for Volkswagen's past.
      true so I guess since we should all appreciate volkswagens past we are all jewish killers and praise fuher? hahaha dude chill there just beautiful cars and certain people like u and myself drive them nothing more nor less.

    14. Member dangerkart's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2010
      Location
      vancouver, wa
      Posts
      3,462
      Vehicles
      Diesels. Lots of diesels.
      01-12-2011 11:21 AM #434
      Quote Originally Posted by 2000mk4gti View Post
      true so I guess since we should all appreciate volkswagens past we are all jewish killers and praise fuher? hahaha dude chill there just beautiful cars and certain people like u and myself drive them nothing more nor less.
      ....uhhhhwut. I know you tried there but your comment fell about ten yards short of making any actual sense whatsoever. That's not relative to what he/she was saying in the slightest.

    15. Member vastxpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      610 PA
      Posts
      4,406
      Vehicles
      2 Jettas
      01-12-2011 07:58 PM #435
      Quote Originally Posted by dangerkart View Post
      kw's were awful. better than rokkor's or something but still not the best. that's what was on the s4 and not that any oil pans were destroyed but i've driven better handling coils by far.
      I'm going to politely disagree with that. 1500 dollar coils are FAR better than rokkors, racelands, jom, fk, and all the bs entry level coils. I'd compare the ride, at an extremely low setting, to a set of H&R's.


      Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

    16. 01-13-2011 03:06 PM #436
      what happened to this thread

    17. Member dangerkart's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2010
      Location
      vancouver, wa
      Posts
      3,462
      Vehicles
      Diesels. Lots of diesels.
      01-13-2011 03:13 PM #437
      Quote Originally Posted by wantabunny View Post
      what happened to this thread
      who are you... hahaha
      edit for clarification: you posted two days ago, there's not been much happening since you posted to make it worthy of "what happened to this thread"
      try contributing something to it besides that and see how that helps rather than trash it?

      also, vastxpunk, i won't argue with you there! they're obviously much better coils that rokkors, racelands, ect. i just wouldn't get them again. also, the audi was a snow masher, so if you're dd'ing it, i guess they're fine (still not my favorite, don't know if they're the best to handle stage 2+). all in all, just next time i would do something different (air ride )
      Last edited by dangerkart; 01-13-2011 at 03:19 PM.

    18. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      01-13-2011 03:16 PM #438
      Quote Originally Posted by wantabunny View Post
      what happened to this thread
      X2

    19. Member groundupjetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2010
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      1,284
      Vehicles
      MkIV VRT
      01-13-2011 04:02 PM #439
      Quote Originally Posted by dangerkart View Post
      It's because most of the people doing the builds aren't posting them as much. I know plenty of people doing awesome builds and not saying much on here. Also, the majority of the forum is 16 year olds with their first mkiv's, not putting a lot of hope in them personally.
      THIS ^^^^^

      Many people are just doing theyr buid and not showing them....wonder why......too many haters and "experts" that never picked up a wrench .

    20. 01-13-2011 10:53 PM #440
      Quote Originally Posted by dangerkart View Post
      who are you... hahaha
      edit for clarification: you posted two days ago, there's not been much happening since you posted to make it worthy of "what happened to this thread"
      try contributing something to it besides that and see how that helps rather than trash it?

      also, vastxpunk, i won't argue with you there! they're obviously much better coils that rokkors, racelands, ect. i just wouldn't get them again. also, the audi was a snow masher, so if you're dd'ing it, i guess they're fine (still not my favorite, don't know if they're the best to handle stage 2+). all in all, just next time i would do something different (air ride )
      back off...hahaha
      No one was trashing anything. I'm sorry that I didn't grow up under a hood, but I'm learning as I go. Again I meant no disrespect or anything just wondering where everyone went with their cars. Any progress anyone? How about one big fat 2011 update? It seems like everyone was really excited for the first 5 or so pages and then it slowly died down (like most threads do) there were a few wicked tattoos and then everyone started wondering (not just me) where did all the girl with vw's go?
      Last edited by wantabunny; 01-14-2011 at 12:21 AM.

    21. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      01-14-2011 08:40 AM #441


      goin back in this


      just rebuilt 1.7 putting in rabbit this weekend. i am a girl and i have 3 vw's which i work on all year round. I dont post too much because if my car isnt slammed or turboed no one gives a sh!t and has nothing nice to say.

    22. Member Amberliscious's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2010
      Location
      The 941 in FL
      Posts
      135
      Vehicles
      b5 s4
      01-14-2011 08:55 AM #442
      I have nothing new to report.

      Well, I got GLI headlights put in my GL.
      No, I didn't do it. I use to work on my air cooled, but I don't get into the Jetta much. I'm single - I like to have excuses to go visit my hot mechanic, lol.

      I don't plan on doing anything to my suspension or engine. Stock **** ain't broke, so why fix it?
      There's nothing special about my car really, I've posted my interior - no one cared even thought it turned out better than some of the guys that I've seen posted....


      Take care ladies, and good luck with your projects!

    23. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      01-14-2011 09:11 AM #443
      awe, there isnt much to do on a gl anyways. i have a mk4 golf gl and all ive done to it is aftermarket headlights, tinted sidemarkers, euro tails, blacked out emblems, and stubby antenna. ill prolly lower it at some point and i have a set of audi tt wheels i have to polish up and put on. but 2.0's are slow no matter what you do so its all cosmetic in the end. I have been pondering putting a 16v in the mk2 may be a spring project, we will see.

    24. Member Amberliscious's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2010
      Location
      The 941 in FL
      Posts
      135
      Vehicles
      b5 s4
      01-14-2011 11:56 AM #444
      Yep. I've switched tail lights & antennas, oem markers for smoked. Got R line monster mats. Installed the cup holder over the radio, and put in an arm rest.

      It came with steelies, but atleast I've gotten a set of 15" aluminum wheels since then. When the right set comes along I'd like to go a bit bigger, but I haven't seen anything I really want to go for.

      Now that I did the interior I am switching all the plastic components inside from grey to black. Eventually I'll find some black seats instead of the crappy grey.

      I may lower it, whenever those things get to the point of replacement.

      And I am fine with being slow. I've had enough tickets anyways. Not like I really even speed, the cops just don't have much to do. I think there's someone else with a similar car around, because every time I get pulled over they ask if it's really mine, and say they just pulled it over not too long ago. I've heard that story twice.

    25. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      01-14-2011 12:17 PM #445
      where in florida are you at? the plan is to move down there before next winter because im sick of the cold.

    26. Member adam the caveman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2010
      Location
      marysville, wa. USA
      Posts
      1,335
      Vehicles
      Euro Nation monty16vT project (Mildred), Mk3 jetta, mk3 cabby 'highline'
      01-14-2011 12:46 PM #446
      that's hella funny. nice cabby btw. dont seen enough of them slammed on their nuts like that
      caveman loves Death By Vw

      "Thinking about selling my hood since it's always open anyway"
      "Huffing which flavor of industrial strength, brain rotting solvent is en vogue this week?" - Seax_Smith

    27. 01-14-2011 02:47 PM #447
      Quote Originally Posted by my1stgolf View Post
      where in florida are you at? the plan is to move down there before next winter because im sick of the cold.
      Not that this was necessarily for me but I'm down in Orlando and currently house hunting and there are some INSANE deals right now. My friend is a realtor so he's helping us out and he's also looking so we're constantly driving around looking at houses. Could get you his contact info if you're interested. I've lived all over Florida from a house on the water in Tampa bay to a 40 acre farm south of Ocala and I really like Orlando the best.

      And by the way on your car. Everyone has to start somewhere.

    28. 01-14-2011 02:52 PM #448
      Quote Originally Posted by Amberliscious View Post
      Yep. I've switched tail lights & antennas, oem markers for smoked. Got R line monster mats. Installed the cup holder over the radio, and put in an arm rest.

      It came with steelies, but atleast I've gotten a set of 15" aluminum wheels since then. When the right set comes along I'd like to go a bit bigger, but I haven't seen anything I really want to go for.

      Now that I did the interior I am switching all the plastic components inside from grey to black. Eventually I'll find some black seats instead of the crappy grey.

      I may lower it, whenever those things get to the point of replacement.

      And I am fine with being slow. I've had enough tickets anyways. Not like I really even speed, the cops just don't have much to do. I think there's someone else with a similar car around, because every time I get pulled over they ask if it's really mine, and say they just pulled it over not too long ago. I've heard that story twice.
      That sucks! My friend drives an orange eclipse and her registration says its white. She's gotten pulled over a few times for speeding and the cops always think the car is stolen. The only way she gets out of it is that her name is on her registration and everything matched her license.

    29. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      01-14-2011 03:18 PM #449
      Quote Originally Posted by wantabunny View Post
      Not that this was necessarily for me but I'm down in Orlando and currently house hunting and there are some INSANE deals right now. My friend is a realtor so he's helping us out and he's also looking so we're constantly driving around looking at houses. Could get you his contact info if you're interested. I've lived all over Florida from a house on the water in Tampa bay to a 40 acre farm south of Ocala and I really like Orlando the best.

      And by the way on your car. Everyone has to start somewhere.
      Thats nuts, Orlando is where im headed. Is there a decent amount of vw's around there?

    30. Member adam the caveman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2010
      Location
      marysville, wa. USA
      Posts
      1,335
      Vehicles
      Euro Nation monty16vT project (Mildred), Mk3 jetta, mk3 cabby 'highline'
      01-14-2011 03:18 PM #450
      just rebuilt 1.7 putting in rabbit this weekend. i am a girl and i have 3 vw's which i work on all year round. I dont post too much because if my car isnt slammed or turboed no one gives a sh!t and has nothing nice to say.[/QUOTE]

      ...im glad someone else feels the same way. respect.
      caveman loves Death By Vw

      "Thinking about selling my hood since it's always open anyway"
      "Huffing which flavor of industrial strength, brain rotting solvent is en vogue this week?" - Seax_Smith

    31. Member Amberliscious's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2010
      Location
      The 941 in FL
      Posts
      135
      Vehicles
      b5 s4
      01-14-2011 04:33 PM #451
      Quote Originally Posted by my1stgolf View Post
      where in florida are you at? the plan is to move down there before next winter because im sick of the cold.
      I am in Bradenton. North of Sarasota, Just south of St.Pete & Tampa Bay. About 2 hours from Orlando. We dont have lots of stuff to do like Orlando, but it's quiet, not too crowded, and not far from anything.

      There are more older folks here I guess, but all the 20 & 30 somethings are down to earth, friendly people. I was born and raised here and I love it. I may leave this city eventually, but I will never move out of FL. I love sunshine and sweat too much!

      Theres a decent population of VW people around here. I would say theres about 50 - 60 people I know of in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. But this is counting both air and water cooleds. And of course theres lots of people I dont know.

    32. 01-14-2011 06:06 PM #452
      Quote Originally Posted by my1stgolf View Post
      Thats nuts, Orlando is where im headed. Is there a decent amount of vw's around there?
      I drive a mk5 right now and I'm just getting into the "mk1 scene". There's a ton of wow this jetta was cheap and a good car let me buy it people. No lie every other car you see is a mk5 VW but I'm sure that's just because that's what I drive so I notice it more. I have seen a few pristine VW's on craigslist in my hunt for the new bunny but I've never been to a meet up or car show or anythhing. Orlando is BIG though so if there's a million VW peole here there's a good possiblility Ive just never run into them.

    33. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2007
      Location
      the Hill, PA
      Posts
      4,807
      Vehicles
      Doris 04 tdi, boris 79, wascal e. wabbit 84, beatrice 90, racecar 80, 84GTIx3. creme dream 81
      01-15-2011 12:11 AM #453
      Quote Originally Posted by neverfolloww View Post
      someone take me out of my mk4 misery! i need to move to the mk1 side.
      do you want a coupe/sedan? jetta? rabbit? cabriolet? what tools do you bring to this relationship? any experience w/ a welder/painter/torch/etc?


      Quote Originally Posted by my1stgolf View Post


      goin back in this


      just rebuilt 1.7 putting in rabbit this weekend. i am a girl and i have 3 vw's which i work on all year round. I dont post too much because if my car isnt slammed or turboed no one gives a sh!t and has nothing nice to say.
      the only thing I'd change is fuel. once you go clack, you never go back. otherwise for mk1 that you can drive without swerving to miss pebbles.
      Quote Originally Posted by Deutschbag
      .....remind me not to IM anyone about anything important past 8pm on a Friday night.

      M.C.M.S. #1
      Dead Rabbit Society: cultured 'n isht.

    34. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      01-17-2011 08:57 AM #454
      :


      Quote Originally Posted by tSoG-84bit View Post
      do you want a coupe/sedan? jetta? rabbit? cabriolet? what tools do you bring to this relationship? any experience w/ a welder/painter/torch/etc?




      the only thing I'd change is fuel. once you go clack, you never go back. otherwise for mk1 that you can drive without swerving to miss pebbles.

    35. Member my1stgolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2006
      Location
      levittown pa
      Posts
      2,939
      Vehicles
      87 gti 16v - 2013 jetta 2.0 - 96 jetta glx vr6 - 2008 rabbit 2.5
      02-16-2011 08:49 AM #455
      what the hell happened here

    Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •