Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Treasure Valley / Boise area

1. 10-14-2010 12:25 PM #51
      Recently got a 85 GTI. Current project is a 88 CRX. If I get the GTI running in time, Im down for the meet.

You guys are more than welcome to post this on www.garage208.com. We kept getting called homos from other people for liking stretch/poke/hellaflush.

Usually more dub friendly. Especially if its dope.

Dope shiz thread shows what we like: http://www.garage208.com/forum/showt...?t=35&page=596

2. 10-14-2010 02:31 PM #52
      I just want to re-state that this is a VW ONLY gtg... not to be rude but that's why IdahoH20 and B.O.E. went down the toilet..

IMS is a great place if your looking for mixed interest (*cough, JDM *cough)

But other than that, get your GTI running man and come down for the meet. whats going on with it?

Vehicles
      91' Coupe, 90' VR6 Jetta, 89' Project Coupe, 89' Project Coupe, 90' 8v Jetta
      10-14-2010 09:45 PM #53
      Should be able to make it pending I get back from the middle of Oregon in time...

4. 10-15-2010 11:57 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by thedj_edm_jetta View Post
      I just want to re-state that this is a VW ONLY gtg... not to be rude but that's why IdahoH20 and B.O.E. went down the toilet..

IMS is a great place if your looking for mixed interest (*cough, JDM *cough)

But other than that, get your GTI running man and come down for the meet. whats going on with it?
      Thats fine. I just wanted to throw out the idea since I am the admin of the site. I think me and the other admins accidentally showed up at one of the B.O.E meets at Chronic tacos. We didnt know anything was going on, but pete told us there were a lot of other cars over on the other side so we drove over there to see what was up. Then upon leaving we were yelled at saying we were ***gots. Didnt have a good feeeling about the Euro crowed then.

Currently the outside fuel pump is leaking (I am guessing the O-Ring), need a new valve cover gasket, swap out the drivers side shock, and this little guy:

Last edited by spastik; 10-15-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Vehicles
      10-15-2010 12:12 PM #55
      You can come cut that door striker piece out of the junk car sitting at my house if you want... Just bring me a pack of American Sprit Yellows lol

The under car pump could be a few different things besides the big green O-ring...

6. 10-15-2010 01:26 PM #56
      I think me and the other admins accidentally showed up at one of the B.O.E meets at Chronic tacos. We didnt know anything was going on, but pete told us there were a lot of other cars over on the other side so we drove over there to see what was up. Then upon leaving we were yelled at saying we were ***gots. Didnt have a good feeling about the Euro crowed then.
      Ya I wouldn't blame you, I wasn't there for that though so im sorry if it gave the Euro scene a bad name. Ive actually met you a few times before so Im sure you meant no harm by swinging by

as for your car it should be a easy fix so no worries on that, and take up LC5P_12v on that offer, that rust is disgusting! lol

7. 10-15-2010 02:13 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by LC5P_12v View Post
      You can come cut that door striker piece out of the junk car sitting at my house if you want... Just bring me a pack of American Sprit Yellows lol

The under car pump could be a few different things besides the big green O-ring...
      Is this eric? I might have to hit you up on that. I think it is the O-ring since i wiped down the box, and then i saw it slowly pile up on the cylinder, and not around the box.

Quote Originally Posted by thedj_edm_jetta View Post
      Ya I wouldn't blame you, I wasn't there for that though so im sorry if it gave the Euro scene a bad name. Ive actually met you a few times before so Im sure you meant no harm by swinging by

as for your car it should be a easy fix so no worries on that, and take up LC5P_12v on that offer, that rust is disgusting! lol
      Thanks! Until I get it fixed, a C-Clamp is holding the door shut for now.

Vehicles
      Current: '13 GTI SOLD: '91 VW GTI, '81 Cashmere Rabbit Vert.'98 VW mk3 Golf (R.I.P.)
      10-15-2010 02:16 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by spastik View Post
      Thats fine. I just wanted to throw out the idea since I am the admin of the site. I think me and the other admins accidentally showed up at one of the B.O.E meets at Chronic tacos. We didnt know anything was going on, but pete told us there were a lot of other cars over on the other side so we drove over there to see what was up. Then upon leaving we were yelled at saying we were ***gots. Didnt have a good feeeling about the Euro crowed then.
      I don't recall that word ever being yelled. Unless it happened before I went to the meets. I only got to go to a couple tail end meets. They were all pretty tame. I realized some kid driving a domestic Colorado was organizing them, so i figured it wasn't a really serious euro meet. Then they kind of dissipated.
      /thread jack

I hope I can make it to this meet. Very excited about it! I might be working a photoshoot that weekend. BUT! I'm going to try! Would like to meet some other Vdub people
      Srsly?

Female n00b-ness served up daily!
      (O)===(\X/)===(O)

9. 10-15-2010 02:28 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by xstr8^mk3x View Post
      I don't recall that word ever being yelled. Unless it happened before I went to the meets. I only got to go to a couple tail end meets. They were all pretty tame. I realized some kid driving a domestic Colorado was organizing them, so i figured it wasn't a really serious euro meet. Then they kind of dissipated.
      /thread jack
      The B.O.E. meet we "crashed" was right after this photoshoot. You would have seen these 3 cars and a Z.

That is Nate. He is a really cool/nice guy.

http://www.garage208.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3407

Last edited by spastik; 10-15-2010 at 02:34 PM.

Vehicles
      Current: '13 GTI SOLD: '91 VW GTI, '81 Cashmere Rabbit Vert.'98 VW mk3 Golf (R.I.P.)
      10-15-2010 02:31 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by spastik View Post
      That is Nate. He is a really cool/nice guy.

http://www.garage208.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3407

yeah I've met him. And thats my ex's passat... lol
      Srsly?

(O)===(\X/)===(O)

Vehicles
      10-15-2010 03:11 PM #61
      Nope not Eric...

My Girlfriend and I drive an Alpine White Mk2 Vr6 with Oregon Plates...

10-15-2010 05:51 PM #62
      Checking in guys/gals...

86 GTI 8V

- Kyle
      Last edited by N/A MK2; 10-15-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Vehicles
      00'Jetta2.0T/ 03' Bmw Z4
      10-15-2010 09:55 PM #63
      I will be in boise in november looking to meet up with some people i will be the bmw though my car wont travel to boise in one trip its not complete quite yet.

Vehicles
      1992 GTI (Daily), 1977 Scirocco 16vT Hillclimb, 1979 Scirocco, 1988 Scirocco 16v, 1972 CB350
      10-16-2010 12:17 AM #64
      I have two more VW's Guys coming on the 24th. a 86 Scirocco and hopefully his brother that drives a Mk3 Jetta that is red on AMG wheels and a patterned valance for his rack. I am not a MK3 fan but it looks good.

Hope to see all you guys out there!

I think I'll bring the Scirocco just cause!

I want to drive it so bad right now, but it anywhere near the city on Friday night is begging to be pulled over...so I'll wait till tomorrow.
      Quote Originally Posted by george.redinger View Post
      Brain stools are brain farts gone wrong.
      I clean CIS injectors
      Scirocco Build

Scirocco Trailer Build

Vehicles
      10-17-2010 05:51 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Brycejoseph View Post
      I have two more VW's Guys coming on the 24th. a 86 Scirocco and hopefully his brother that drives a Mk3 Jetta that is red on AMG wheels and a patterned valance for his rack. I am not a MK3 fan but it looks good.

I want to drive it so bad right now, but it anywhere near the city on Friday night is begging to be pulled over...so I'll wait till tomorrow.
      The kid with the Jetta is sometimes in my neighborhood. its got some baller wheels on it.
      Srsly?

(O)===(\X/)===(O)

Vehicles
      1992 GTI (Daily), 1977 Scirocco 16vT Hillclimb, 1979 Scirocco, 1988 Scirocco 16v, 1972 CB350
      10-17-2010 11:03 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by xstr8^mk3x View Post
      The kid with the Jetta is sometimes in my neighborhood. its got some baller wheels on it.
      lol I have been spending several days out there helping with his brothers Scirocco. They are VERY nice.
      Quote Originally Posted by george.redinger View Post
      Brain stools are brain farts gone wrong.
      I clean CIS injectors
      Scirocco Build

Scirocco Trailer Build

Vehicles
      2.0TFSI
      10-17-2010 05:03 PM #67
      I will make this if I am not working that night. I have a great need for more euro love in Boise. garage208.com is more poke/slam/stretch friendly than IMS imo.

I was at the BoE meet were spastik (Brian) and the other g208 guys "crashed it", it was like a middle school dance, two groups not mingling. The euro scene is lacking very badly. I work 30+ hours a week and go to school full time so it is hard for me to find time, but when I do have time I try my best to commit.

Vehicles
      10-17-2010 07:23 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Brycejoseph View Post

I see the Red Mk3 on AMG's down at campus every so often... Looks like a pretty clean car from the times I've walked past it...

Vehicles
      10-17-2010 07:25 PM #69
      Here's a current picture of what the "Drive way" if that's what you want to call it currently looks like minus 2 cars that aren't pictured...

10-17-2010 08:15 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by xfg1 View Post
      ^^^If my car looked that nice I wouldn't look so angry while I drove it^^^
      .................................................. ...............................................

What!? He's gonna what?! With what?!

10-17-2010 08:24 PM #71
      Here's a current picture of what the "Drive way" if that's what you want to call it currently looks like minus 2 cars that aren't pictured...

I would personally sell a few to have money to finish the other few....

Is that a white Scout II I see in the driveway? What's the story with that?

I like the idea of having a rotating meet at different garages...

Snobum, why you moving?
      .................................................. ...............................................

Vehicles
      10-17-2010 08:55 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Dub boy View Post
      I would personally sell a few to have money to finish the other few....

Is that a white Scout II I see in the driveway? What's the story with that?

I like the idea of having a rotating meet at different garages...

Snobum, why you moving?
      Eh... The Red Gti is just a Parts car... Been working on selling crap off it...

Green Mk3 needs a Trans put in it... An maybe a motor not sure yet... Mom's most likely getting it or I'll sell it...

White Coupe is going to be the new daily soon...

White 4 Door will be getting crushed once I strip it down for the Coupe...

The Scout belongs to the people next door... I believe they are looking into selling it as well if your interested or know someone that is I can get more information on it...

10-17-2010 09:02 PM #73
      The Scout belongs to the people next door... I believe they are looking into selling it as well if your interested or know someone that is I can get more information on it...
      That would be great! IM me....

I roll through Boise from time to time with Der Roboter....

Vehicles
      10-17-2010 09:20 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by Dub boy View Post
      That would be great! IM me....

I roll through Boise from time to time with Der Roboter....
      I'll get the guys number for you an pass it on to you to get in contact with him about it...

Vehicles
      99 mk3 GTI VR6; 94 Jetta 2.slow; 01 Passat 1.8t
      10-18-2010 12:44 AM #75
      Eh... The Red Gti is just a Parts car... Been working on selling crap off it...

Green Mk3 needs a Trans put in it... An maybe a motor not sure yet... Mom's most likely getting it or I'll sell it...
      How much do you want for the left tail light off the gti? And what kind of tranny do you need for the mk3? I've got an vr6 automatic tranny from a b3 passat sitting on the floor of my garage. If it's gonna be mom's car maybe you could use it?
      Quote Originally Posted by eurofrontvw View Post
      Herpes is more serious than I orginally thought no matter the location on the body.

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast