Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 235 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Minecraft "VWVortex Server"

10-01-2010 01:58 PM #71
      I have no idea about the redstone.

Yes, you can kill with fire.
      Last edited by SOAR; 10-01-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      10-01-2010 02:40 PM #72
      Started work on my new house. Should be safe from monsters when it's done.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

10-01-2010 02:44 PM #73
      New prime real estate. 10 minute walk towards the rising sun from the current building location.

Last edited by SOAR; 10-01-2010 at 05:12 PM.

10-01-2010 08:16 PM #74
      Seek shelter at night. Monsters are loose!

5. 10-02-2010 03:04 AM #75
      I torched and abandoned my old house (after some THIEF raped my land whilst I was away for meagre tree trunks! I'm looking at you Mister Salt...) - I began light work on a distant tower I shall call my home...not even sure where it is. I'll find out - I shall need to travel to the city for chest stuff at some point.

The flaming remnants on screen are probably my old house/hill/tree farm.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      10-03-2010 02:47 PM #76
      OK, so can someone help me with this? I finally tried this yesterday - what is the point of this "game"? Just build stuff with the blocks???? Why is this some kind of internet sensation??

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      10-03-2010 02:57 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      OK, so can someone help me with this? I finally tried this yesterday - what is the point of this "game"? Just build stuff with the blocks???? Why is this some kind of internet sensation??
      It is an ALPHA build of a future game. Right now it's an open world, create your own adventure. There are caves and the world is yours to build. There are under-ground enemies and above-ground enemies with future enemies to be added such as dragons. Resource collection is needed to make armor, weapons, buildings, etc. so you do a lot of mining and running around under ground.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Vehicles
      2003 Ford Focus 2.3, 2006 Ford Fusion 2.3 Turbo, 2014 Fiesta SE 1.0T
      10-03-2010 03:25 PM #78
      During my "Big Dig", I came across an epic cavern. It was awesome looking, but so huge I got lost. Eventually, I found a section overrun with monsters. By the time I found an exit, I'm in a strange new section of the map.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      10-03-2010 04:03 PM #79
      Is the map random- or the same for everybody that plays Minecraft regardless of the server?
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

10-03-2010 04:08 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Is the map random- or the same for everybody that plays Minecraft regardless of the server?
      Map is randomly generated for each world. Our server is one world. You can make endless worlds to play in. There are even programs that let you create custom maps, as well as map editors. You will never ever see a duplicate map.

10-03-2010 04:09 PM #81
      New minimap! The place I've been posting pictures of lately is on the left side.

10-03-2010 05:58 PM #82
      Sorry Avus, Wilder accidentally TNT'd ur waterslide, he didnt know it was underneath.

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      10-03-2010 06:29 PM #83
      sorry! i will help you build another one. I was blowing up the "Monument" and kind blew up your slide on accident.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      10-03-2010 07:10 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      It is an ALPHA build of a future game. Right now it's an open world, create your own adventure. There are caves and the world is yours to build. There are under-ground enemies and above-ground enemies with future enemies to be added such as dragons. Resource collection is needed to make armor, weapons, buildings, etc. so you do a lot of mining and running around under ground.
      OK, I guess I missed that - I just tried that free version and there wasn't any fighting or exploring or anything.

15. 10-03-2010 07:29 PM #85
      Hah, there is my viking long house on the right there - I've spent an hour digging a tunnel, and im a few hundred yards from the original spawn...if mine carts ever get working - it'll be a speedy highway to the far..."east" of the map?

Time to go to work.

16. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      10-03-2010 07:40 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      Sorry Avus, Wilder accidentally TNT'd ur waterslide, he didnt know it was underneath.
      Friendly griefer?
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      10-04-2010 12:30 AM #87
      is there a way to reset my character in the server? i fell off the map, underneat some bedrock and i can't get out!

thanks!

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      10-04-2010 01:32 AM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      is there a way to reset my character in the server? i fell off the map, underneat some bedrock and i can't get out!

thanks!
      ok i found out what to do if you get stuck! type /home in chat and it will start you at the spawn point.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      10-04-2010 05:48 AM #89
      anyone have troubles with crashing?

it was getting dark when i first spawned so i ran into the first building i saw, then it froze/crashed.
      welcome to the layer cake

20. 10-04-2010 06:13 AM #90
      Oh yeah, game crashes maybe once an hour? Restarting will simply pop you back in where you were - takes about 20 seconds.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      10-04-2010 09:47 AM #91
      Finished my Castle, and built a Log Cabin in Avatar.

I might build a bridge over to the other bridge this week. I need a better way to get over in that direction.

Did we turn creepers on or off?
      Flickr

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      10-04-2010 10:37 AM #92
      Flickr

23. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      10-04-2010 12:29 PM #93
      Seek shelter at night. Monsters are loose!
      So I think I have like 5% of this game understood. A. Wilder was kind enough to give me a pick and shovel so I did some digging and started a tower. A couple questions I have

1. Where do you find the good minerals? All I have found is dirt, sand and some rock (couple different types). Where do I get torches, doors, glass, steps, etc... I dyg pretty deep last night, the pick's health is almost gone. And how do you get new ones?

2. THe monsters never hurt me, I just conitnue working and never lose health...is this normal? Or are the stick guys and zombie guys not actual monsters?

3. WHy is this game so addictive? ha ha...I think about it and it looks horrible, is so basic and so primitive but I can't stop playing it

4. How can you make water flow further? I tried making a moat around my mud hut but it only goes in a few blocks after I break land away for a a new passage.
      Th(e/a)n

24. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      10-04-2010 12:50 PM #94
      aaahhhh OK, so I see I hqave to craft certain items. Wish there were desciptions of the materials in the game.

Aren't some of you guys finding rooms with gold in them and stuff though?
      Th(e/a)n

10-04-2010 12:56 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by BlckBadged_SwissChee View Post
      So I think I have like 5% of this game understood. A. Wilder was kind enough to give me a pick and shovel so I did some digging and started a tower. A couple questions I have

1. Where do you find the good minerals? All I have found is dirt, sand and some rock (couple different types). Where do I get torches, doors, glass, steps, etc... I dyg pretty deep last night, the pick's health is almost gone. And how do you get new ones?
      Good minerals are deep... DEEP. The best way to find diamond and such, is to locate underground caverns. AS you explore the caverns, you'll almost always stumble upon some good stuff.

2. THe monsters never hurt me, I just conitnue working and never lose health...is this normal? Or are the stick guys and zombie guys not actual monsters?
      Health has not been implemented in MP yet, if you refer to my OP, there are a few beginners tips.

3. WHy is this game so addictive? ha ha...I think about it and it looks horrible, is so basic and so primitive but I can't stop playing it
      creativity trumps complex graphics every time.

4. How can you make water flow further? I tried making a moat around my mud hut but it only goes in a few blocks after I break land away for a a new passage.
      You just need more water source blocks. You can collect them in SP, but it seems there is a problem with collecting them in MP. Most of us have a stock of Water source blocks, and if you ever see me in game(BackwerdsMan) I can give them to you also.

10-04-2010 12:56 PM #96
      aaahhhh OK, so I see I hqave to craft certain items. Wish there were desciptions of the materials in the game.

Aren't some of you guys finding rooms with gold in them and stuff though?
      This will help you out a lot... http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

Vehicles
      1932 Prolecrusher Imperiale, 2076 Voss Nose Molestahedron 88
      10-04-2010 01:13 PM #97
      Hmm, my house in Avatar burned down under mysterious circumstances, namely me playing with the flint Ah well, it sucked anyway, I spent two hours on the path to it and 20 minutes on the house itself. I will rebuild it; I have the technology!

Thanks for setting up the server, SOAR. If you use PayPal, I'd be happy to throw a couple bucks your way.
      Look, Octopius, it is my website! | 遠慮せずに食べてください。| 🐒

28. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      10-04-2010 02:02 PM #98
      Did someone build those huge castles over all the water with the long tunnels? When I first go in the server i got lost in it....looks like a ton of work. Or was this auto built with the world?
      Th(e/a)n

10-04-2010 02:14 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Monkeys View Post
      Thanks for setting up the server, SOAR. If you use PayPal, I'd be happy to throw a couple bucks your way.
      It's really not a big deal. But thanks for the offer.

Did someone build those huge castles over all the water with the long tunnels? When I first go in the server i got lost in it....looks like a ton of work. Or was this auto built with the world?
      Every structure was built by one of us, or many of us. No bridges/tunnels/buildings were there when the server started. Once you have played the game for a while, you get pretty good at slammin down blocks at a high rate of speed.

30. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      10-04-2010 02:20 PM #100
      I was playing on a free server the other night and a guy was up in the sky laying down bricks like 3 wide at a time over a huge area. Assumed he was using a program to do it? some asked "are you ceiling us in?"
      Th(e/a)n

Vehicles
      08 CW Gti
      10-04-2010 02:22 PM #101
      I tried the free version and I had a ton of fun building stuff, I'm just guessing that you don't have unlimited blocks in the paid version?

Still on the fence on whether to buy it or not.
      Xbox Live Gt: Sir Rubs Alot
      Instagram MkvMike

Vehicles
      2003 Ford Focus 2.3, 2006 Ford Fusion 2.3 Turbo, 2014 Fiesta SE 1.0T
      10-04-2010 02:23 PM #102
      I was playing on a free server the other night and a guy was up in the sky laying down bricks like 3 wide at a time over a huge area. Assumed he was using a program to do it? some asked "are you ceiling us in?"
      Ceiling Cat?
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
      that really comes down to a safety issue too. i mean if you do ANY kind of development, even the most basic stuff, you should at least be closed toe shoe.
      Quote Originally Posted by z0d
      You can't drop a SQL table on your foot.

33. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      10-04-2010 02:33 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by ekim vkm View Post
      I tried the free version and I had a ton of fun building stuff, I'm just guessing that you don't have unlimited blocks in the paid version?

Still on the fence on whether to buy it or not.
      Correct....I was kind of let down by this but I think it makes the game more interesting. I really hate the need for tools....but makes it more realistic I guess (even though a single person carries around metric tons of rock and soil on their back ).

I am still very new to the game, but I think once I get to experience my builds flowing into a fellow community members will make it fun again too.
      Th(e/a)n

10-04-2010 02:53 PM #104
      There are server "wrappers" which allow you to do things such as fly/hover, and move at faster speeds. As well as give the admin more options for setting permission levels for players. It also can allow players to summon items. These wrappers are mostly used for building the gigantic structures you see on youtube.

I haven't really dove into experimenting with wrappers yet, it's a little technical, and I just haven't had the desire to put the time and effort into getting it working yet. Somewhere down the line, if everyone really wants a wrapper on the server, I'll put one on.

35. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      10-04-2010 03:41 PM #105
      There are server "wrappers" which allow you to do things such as fly/hover, and move at faster speeds. As well as give the admin more options for setting permission levels for players. It also can allow players to summon items. These wrappers are mostly used for building the gigantic structures you see on youtube.

I haven't really dove into experimenting with wrappers yet, it's a little technical, and I just haven't had the desire to put the time and effort into getting it working yet. Somewhere down the line, if everyone really wants a wrapper on the server, I'll put one on.

Are you open to a community vote on these changes? Maybe once I get more familiar with the game I will have a different opinion, but if I could fly or build things in two seconds I feel like the game would get boring quick. I kind of like having to go and find materials...or barter with others to get what is needed for my building.

Or can users reach certain "achievements" and gain these abilities? That would be cool.
      Th(e/a)n

Page 3 of 235 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast