VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Paris 2010: Audi quattro concept

16K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  R5T 
#1 ·

The 1980 Geneva Motor Show saw the debut of an automobile, whose name went on to become more than just a symbol for a long line of success by the manufacturer. The quattro from Audi is also the gold standard for the combination of winning motor sport qualities with the utmost in everyday practicality.

In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the debut of the quattro, Audi is presenting a show car at the 2010 Paris Motor Show that moves a futuristic interpretation of this concept into the fast lane: the Audi quattro concept, a thoroughbred driving machine with 300 kW (408 hp), five-cylinder turbocharged engine, a lightweight body and – of course – the latest generation of quattro permanent all-wheel drive.

Full Story

See less See more
#10 ·
I don't usually go ga-ga over concept cars, but I really like that one. It may be the light weight as much as anything else, though. I have a lot of respect for performance vehicles under 3000 lbs these days. It's a rare thing... except for Lotus, but these are two totally different animals.

Kudos, Audi. :beer:

#13 ·
Lightnss and Lotus are no longer..

It's a rare thing... except for Lotus,

Not anymore. Take a look at the 5 concept cars that Lotus unveiled at Paris. The Elise GAINED 400 LBS!!!! The other 4 are even chubbier...

It makes me sad, but they didn't ask me to run the company...

Colin Chapman, forgive them for they have lost their way.

#16 ·
It's a rare thing... except for Lotus,

Not anymore. Take a look at the 5 concept cars that Lotus unveiled at Paris. The Elise GAINED 400 LBS!!!! The other 4 are even chubbier...

It makes me sad, but they didn't ask me to run the company...

Colin Chapman, forgive them for they have lost their way.
Yes, unfortunately, the Lotus we knew and loved is now officially DEAD! :banghead:

#15 ·
So a quote from a "senior Audi offical" says that this car is strickly for show and will not be built.
Since it is the one Audi I have been waiting for more than any other--and I have an R8 and TT, plus have had 5 other Audis---WHY NOT!!

From the feedback here and elsewhere, Audi has hit a home run and nearly everyone wants it-even if they will not get one.

I suggest that we-Fourtitude- all let them know we want it by a write in campaign. Audi can certainly change their mind-assuming the "offical" was right. But, they need to know it will work. How do we get this campaign going that they have to notice? :banghead:

#17 ·
I agree, I definitely WANT and NEED one! :p And PLEASE, Audi, do not just make it a Euro-only model! We here in the good 'ol USA want it too. :( I especially LOVE the fact that Audi decided to place a regular 3-pedal manual transmission with this car. :thumbup: I am soooo sick of manufacturers producing supercars with only the "flappy paddle". :screwy:

#28 ·
^^^This! lol

I love the fact that its "stripped down" on the interior. No satnav, very few buttons, just 80's simple. I would love to actually be able to by a killer Audi like that with no power windows, no electric adjustable heated seats... just a turbo mill, AWD, and those carbon buckets. *drool*

#29 · (Edited)
This car WILL be going into production and we WILL be getting it in the States. Got to think positive.

They need to leave this car just the way it is. I have been talking about how Audi needs to make a purely performanced based car like this for years and now they deliver. Its everything I would ever want from them. The car is beautiful and well balanced. It's a instant classic.

Oh and Audi, DO NOT put an automatic in this car. 6 speed manual only plz

I'll be waiting Audi, patiently

#30 ·
I put the same question to Johan de Nysschen of Audi of America and he pointed out that the I5 is a very long engine and that this would create some difficulties in trying to make a production car with decent weight distribution. Audi AG still suggests though that they're leaving their options open.

#31 ·
A production version of this will not get the l5 engine, i can insure you that.
The production version will most likely get a 408 hp 3.0TFSI V6 SC engine, short and compact.
The l5 will only be used as a transverse front and longitudinal mid engine.

#34 ·
A production version of this will not get the l5 engine, i can insure you that.
The production version will most likely get a 408 hp 3.0TFSI V6 SC engine, short and compact.
The l5 will only be used as a transverse front and longitudinal mid engine.
We better get the 5 cylinder turbo..and keep it longitudialy mounted too. Somethings just need to be kept the same for traditions sake. they can compensate for the weight distribution through drivetrain and suspension.

I have a 95 S6 with the I5 turbo and i absolutely love that engine. the rest of the car is a boat but that is besides the point.

A thought to compact the engine design could be to do a Vr5 design. like the Vr6 to save on space and still keep it a 5 cylinder, but that would require a lot of R&D which i don't think they would do.

I have been waiting a long time for Audi to make a car like this, keep all the back up sensors and dual climate control, 27 way power seats, etc out of this for the purists. Think of a Porsche GT3 for an example. Its a sports car not a luxury car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.